Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how about some actual TFC news in the TFC/MLS news section rather than this Limp Act crap?

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_b...ichardson.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You obviously do care as you have posted more in this thread, largely related to the Impacts success in this tourney, than anyone else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by werewolf88 View Post
    How is it any more impressive then Puerto Rico?

What exactly are we supposed to "give up", not wishing our rivals well??
    No, give up attacking others for being impressed by it.
    Hate all you want. Just don't hate on fellow supporters for giving some measure of respect to an underdog.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BFin View Post
    Only one of the three teams mentioned ever won a stanley cup during the winnipeg jets tenure in the NHL. This point is moot.
    Also, it is being argued from the wrong perspective. Tough economic times are not a product of the play of other Canadian teams. The proper argument would have been, did the Montreal Canadiens winning the Stanley Cup in 1993 advance CANADIAN hockey? The answer would probably be yes. It probably inspired a lot of young Canadian goalies to be like Patrick Roy, or Kirk Muller.

Like I said, I don't buy it. Winning has nothing to do with advancing the sport really. How many kids wanted to be like Mats Sundin (when he was with the Leafs), dispite how bad the Leafs were doing?

Regardless, this is about football. We can agruge back and forth until we're both blue in the face, but Montreal doing well in CL, has little to no effect on Football in Canada. IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. I am not going to stop attacking them, I am going to track down their ip addresses and bring my baseball bat!

Questioning why one would wish our rivals well and prosperity is not exactly an attack. Though it would be warranted given this is a Toronto FC supporters forum.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lawyers say blatters 6+5 rule will not violate EU labour laws.

http://tsn.ca/soccer/story/?id=26873...headlines_main

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You obviously do care as you have posted more in this thread, largely related to the Impacts success in this tourney, than anyone else.
    No, I was stating my opinion on it. But I really like how you know me better than myself

No, give up attacking others for being impressed by it.
    Hate all you want. Just don't hate on fellow supporters for giving some measure of respect to an underdog.
    Attack? Where was the attack? again, see above.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. I am not going to stop attacking them, I am going to track down their ip addresses and bring my baseball bat!

Questioning why one would wish our rivals well and prosperity is not exactly an attack. Though it would be warranted given this is a Toronto FC supporters forum.
    To the first part: hahah hunting down all on comers in the interwebz. I like it.

To the Second part: That's my point. Outside of maybe one or two people on here no one is saying they love the Impact. The majority (not all) are merely saying how impressive it is what they are doing. Showing a sign of respect for a previous accomplishment in no way implies a desire to see them do well in the future. I just think something saying "fuck the impact" instead of "you're such an idiot, how could you cheer for the fucking impact. They are our rivals, why would you cheer for them??" is a much more effective way to let us know you hate them, without the name calling and bickering like we always do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The better they do, the more rewards they (and they only) will reap. From a Toronto FC supporters point of view, that is not desirable.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was a Lynx, Whitecaps and Impact fan long before I was a TFC fan. I never really felt any prestige in winning an A-League title. I just wanted to watch a Canadian'ish game of football. After a while I grew to love those teams too. Some of us old timers can't hate something we've enjoyed for over a decade.

From a beaten down crack addict to the rest of the world.... and an old CDN soccer fan to the TFC faithful..... "Can't we all just get along?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From a business standpoint, Saputo was smart to price low for quantity attendance rather than the quick buck from an expensive ticket price. I'm sure they see it as part of marketing the upcoming season. I doubt we or anyone else would have as much to say about that match if 15,000 people attended.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last Post as it's time to work so I can get out of here early...(I will probably be back on as the allure of the RPB board is much greater than that of the Marketing world)...BUT...the attacks are not necessarily telling someone they are an idiot, it's the fact that 5 people bombard you with criticism everytime you even state some degree of acknowledgement to the job Montreal has done.

I respect your right to say fuck the impact, AS I will myself when we play them. That being said, no one has started a 2 page thread about you saying fuck the impact, so just leave it alone if someone wants to say, good job impact.

Like I said before, a simple "fuck the impact" tells everyone you hate them, without the long diatribes that will no doubt result from this conversation.

Have a great day all!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Workie View Post
    Regardless, this is about football. We can agruge back and forth until we're both blue in the face, but Montreal doing well in CL, has little to no effect on Football in Canada. IMO.

I agree with you on this point. However, once TFC makes it into this position, we'll see if we have the same atittude.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

while i appreciate what yesterdays game did for the sport in Canada (bringing attention), i do not support the impact. they are the enemy.

i support TFC.

if TFC fails, i support no one.
    i dismiss the "my team fails so ill support the next CDN team" idea.

"i support the leafs...if they dont make the playoffs.....ill support the flames" ridiculous

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    fuck the impact
    YA.
    Canadian, ca-shmadiene. . . .fuck the Impact.

Sue, I guess I can be glad they are a Canadian franchise.. but the sooner their run is over the better. . .

No love for them here.

TIK TAK. . .
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh no! Everyone's blog fighting! It must be serious!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    I agree with you on this point. However, once TFC makes it into this position, we'll see if we have the same atittude.

How would it be any different?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

...the attacks are not necessarily telling someone they are an idiot, it's the fact that 5 people bombard you with criticism everytime you even state some degree of acknowledgement to the job Montreal has done.
    You should expect to be bombarded with criticism when praising a team that our supporters got into a fight with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorCanSoc View Post
    Oh no! Everyone's blog fighting! It must be serious!

Dude, didn't you know? The internets are serious business!!

And I love how people debating something turns into "internet fighting". I miss the days when you could have a good debate with someone.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

How would it be any different?
    I'm sure if TFC were in the Impacts position right now, we'd all (majority of the the peple on this board) be saying how great this is for Canadian Soccer.

I've seen that phrase (TFC is great for CDN Soccer, TFC is the saviour of CDn soccer..etc etc) sooo many times on this board without a single person questioning it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me ask you this...

Did the success of the Maple Leafs, Habs, Sens, or any other Canadian NHL team have ANY positive affect on the Winnipeg Jets?

Or should I say Phoenix...

I'm sorry, I don't buy that.
    <----- Ignorant.

Like I said before, I don't care how well they're doing. My team's no longer in the tournament, so I don't care.
    Hockey had been established in this country for a long time and can't really be used as a comparison....football as a sport has struggled here and I think any success is good....it sucks it's not our team but it is what it....that's all.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    lawyers say blatters 6+5 rule will not violate EU labour laws.

http://tsn.ca/soccer/story/?id=26873...headlines_main
    Interesting - but it will be an uphill struggle. Can you imagine if we had to field 6 Canadians??

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastend View Post
    Hockey had been established in this country for a long time and can't really be used as a comparison....football as a sport has struggled here and I think any success is good....it sucks it's not our team but it is what it....that's all.
    Their success will mean little for the game in Canada because outside of those who already care, it will go unnoticed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    Interesting - but it will be an uphill struggle. Can you imagine if we had to field 6 Canadians??
    Sutton
    Brennan
    Harmse
    Serioux
    DeRo

Don't think we would suffer that much be adding Gala or Nana, and that is today, without warning of a rule change.

Long way to go though, I imagine it would be tested in Europe for a few seasons before FIFA would think of expanding the rule.
    Animals Eaten:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastend View Post

Football has struggled on a professional basis in Canada. It is still a popular sport (I beleive more kids play football than minor hockey), and in large culturally diverse cities, Football is still huge, and always has been.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    ^^ Nice, good to see we're producing some decent quality keepers.
    That's because we don't produce quality defenders, and it all falls on the keepers' shoulders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Football has struggled on a professional basis in Canada. It is still a popular sport (I beleive more kids play football than minor hockey), and in large culturally diverse cities, Football is still huge, and always has been.
    I believe you are correct and I agree.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    I'm sure if TFC were in the Impacts position right now, we'd all (majority of the the peple on this board) be saying how great this is for Canadian Soccer.

I've seen that phrase (TFC is great for CDN Soccer, TFC is the saviour of CDn soccer..etc etc) sooo many times on this board without a single person questioning it.
    True,and in the same time we should hope Impact will win champions league and open the door for second Canadian team.
    Just because we signed few players doesn't mean we will win this year,having said that having two Canadian teams would give us a shot for champions league in case we screw up again.
    Whoever thinks we will walk trough and win V's cup,wake up. it's not going to be easy at all,Montreal is not naive team they know how to play as a team.

Montreal success help Canadian soccer point.
    Last edited by denime; 02-26-2009 at 10:12 AM.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sutton
    Brennan
    Harmse
    Serioux
    DeRo

Don't think we would suffer that much be adding Gala or Nana, and that is today, without warning of a rule change.
    If we had to field 6, we'd need more than that in case one took a knock. Then imagine adding Montreal/Vancouver to the league.

The problem is, there aren't that many players to add at this level.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are absolutely right,now how Montreal success doesn't help professional soccer in Canada?
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !