Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Goal of the Week?????

http://web.mlsnet.com/sights/goal_of_the_week/

i think they forgot somebody....

and since when is kicking a ball into an empty net a goal of the week nomination?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When the person kicking the ball into the empty net is a) 70 yards away from the goal, and b) the league's marquee player.

Don't forget how much play Beckham's goal against Wimbledon got all those years ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh, MLS rigs the stupid thing anyway. Robbie Findlay scored a similar goal to Beckham's last year and it didn't win either. Parkhursts goal was nicer than that one as well.

Macmanus is rightfully in the lead as it stands. That's GOTW imo.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 05-26-2008 at 07:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

McManus had a great strike. If you haven't seen it, go look at the vid. More goals like his would even get the notice of non-footy fans. A real beaut.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

McManus hands down, when I saw that before, I knew it would be GOTW no matter what. It's a great strike.

Oh, and Xavier's defending of Lopez has had me laughing for quite a few minutes now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the early Beckham goal against Wimbledon was magic. this one was just an accurate kick into an empty net. i just think that a low strike into the corner of a defended goal from outside the box is worth a look.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by King Jeff View Post
    When the person kicking the ball into the empty net is a) 70 yards away from the goal, and b) the league's marquee player.

Don't forget how much play Beckham's goal against Wimbledon got all those years ago.
    Yeah, but wasn't that Neil Sullivan he beat with that chip from the half? This time there wasn't a keeper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A shot from your own third in to the opposing net is brilliant no matter who does it. It means damn sure teams playing LAG with David Beckham won't pull their keeper out to scrum for a goal at the end of the game.

I don't give a toss for David Beckham, Inc. but David Beckham the football player is still one of the best at what he does, which is putting the ball exactly where he wants it to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm actually surprised, but it just goes to show how little some MLS staffers actually know about football that they don't even nominate a 25-yard side footer, which is pretty much a flawless finish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I'm actually surprised, but it just goes to show how little some MLS staffers actually know about football that they don't even nominate a 25-yard side footer, which is pretty much a flawless finish.
    I find it funny that by watching the highlight package sometimes they dont' do anything justice. They show every yellow card in the game (I can read the box if i really cared) but they leave out lots of nice action.

I watched a chivas game earlier this year where Razov hit an amazing bike that just smashed the post and they had some nice passing leading to chances. None of it made the highlight package, instead they showed a bunch of fouls and gritty play. Why would anyone want to watch highlights of that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flipityflu View Post
    the early Beckham goal against Wimbledon was magic. this one was just an accurate kick into an empty net. i just think that a low strike into the corner of a defended goal from outside the box is worth a look.
    i definetly thouht that Dichio's goal was way better than Flores' from Chivas... I donno why it made it to top5...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the strike from mcmanus was gorgeous ... but tis a shame that dichio's goal didn't make the cut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I find it funny that by watching the highlight package sometimes they dont' do anything justice. They show every yellow card in the game (I can read the box if i really cared) but they leave out lots of nice action.

I watched a chivas game earlier this year where Razov hit an amazing bike that just smashed the post and they had some nice passing leading to chances. None of it made the highlight package, instead they showed a bunch of fouls and gritty play. Why would anyone want to watch highlights of that?
    that is how in north american media treats soccer... I remeber during the world cup when they were showing "highlights" on tsn or sports net it was like 1 or 2 goals our of the 5 from the game and just gave the result... really useless... I guess the media's soccer IQ is not up to par yet....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An empty net goal, goal of the week!!!! lololol this is a joke!!!!Oduro's goal the less voted!!, a beatifull goal at the 92 minut making and incredible move... buffff... I don't believe any more in Sierra goal of the week!!! :'(

Sierra shit of the week!!! Beckham who are you???

P.S: FLores goal... a head goal... what else??? Dichio a lot better goal than the flores one!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just noted something about the FCD goal.....

He took off his shirt...I laughed because it's a yellow card.
    So I go to check the game recap and notice....no yellow card.

and we're lucky to be one of the few leagues with full time refs?
    Also...

referee: Terry Vaughn
    Referee's Assistants: Greg Boles; Fabio Tovar
    4th official: Edvin Jurisevic
    time of game: 2:04
    attendance: 8,960
    weather: Clear -and- 89 degrees

Yikes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone on the pitch could of scored the goal beckham scored, and what the hell were they doin pullin the goalie out? its not close to the post season, or even in the playoffs at all lol. i bet they did it so becks could get it and score some sort of " wonder goal" to the american eyes and sell some more jerseys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The KC goalie was out of the net so they could try and score at the death and steal points, seemed pretty obvious to me.....About the GOTW, IF Mcmanus doesn't win the prize this week, this league is a joke. For me that is a world class strike your not going to see very often in ANY league.