Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

common, who do you guys want? van der sar?

whats that? you'll settle with given instead?!

Sutts made some crucial saves last season, yes his distribution isn't amazing, but he is definitely better than an untried, untested, inexperienced Frei - Or Edwards for that matter. Give Frei a season to test himself in a couple games, ship edwards off for allocation and fill his spot with richardson or another cb for depth and i'll be happy - three keepers is just silly on a roster this size

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ua-kozak_TFC View Post
    Money may talk. I think Harmse is near 60K, Sutton about double that.

And those say he does;t lead the defence well... it;s a PRO level... if the defender don;t know how to position themselves it;s not their fault. Plus it;s not a duty of goaltenders exclusively
    Of course it's not the keepers duty exclusively, but it is a big part of every keepers job. They are the ones that see the whole field forward. That is expected at the Pro level - that is expected at Milan, Madrid, Juve, Man Utd.
    Last edited by brad; 02-25-2009 at 09:44 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfc View Post

I'm judging him (as I do with all players at this level), by comparing him to the MLS players we come up against. Many other keepers in this league do a better job.

Sutts made some crucial saves last season, yes his distribution isn't amazing, but he is definitely better than an untried, untested, inexperienced Frei - Or Edwards for that matter. Give Frei a season to test himself in a couple games, ship edwards off for allocation and fill his spot with richardson or another cb for depth and i'll be happy - three keepers is just silly on a roster this size
    1) Bad distribution means turnovers that mean continued pressure on our defense. Sutton is not alone to blame in that, that often put the defense under constant pressure, forcing him to make those wonder saves.

2)You are 100% correct about experience. People who think we should ship him out and play Frei are crazy.

3)You are also 100% correct about 3 keepers on tight roster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$50K in allocation money as per ives, was given to Dallas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Experience means something in a case like Sutton. It however meant shit when Iker Casillas was 19 and starting for Real Madrid. It could happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djking2 View Post
    Experience means something in a case like Sutton. It however meant shit when Iker Casillas was 19 and starting for Real Madrid. It could happen.
    That's the exception though, not the norm.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T_Mizz View Post
    That seems like a silly assumption, I think he'd take the wins no matter how he gets them, especially if the alternative is losing
    I am guessing what he means is that Carver isn't intentionally going out there with that kind of a game in mind.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jwfm1985 View Post
    Come on now, let's get serious. He gave the crowd the finger! I would hardly consider that "flying off the handle", it was a simple jesture, probably half kidding to get some more emotion out of the crowd. I don't understand how we are still talking about this. As someone said before, if it was Jimmy B doing this to the ShiteBulls, we would be praising him! Lets move on and be glad we are somewhat closer to a passable back-line
    "Flying off the handle" wasn't a reference to Serioux, it was to people who over react in work scenarios and let external forces distract them.

If you read my earlier posts, I have no problem with Serioux flipping the bird, but I personally like players who have the ability to tune out away supporters. My conversation with RedRum was about players who react to away supporters, not Serioux specifically. I think he's an excellent addition to our team!

However, like ExRed said earlier its a flaw…if I know I can get under a players skin I [we] should use it to our team's advantage but I'd rather our supporters don't get the same opportunity.
    “We changed the entire league’s opinion of the viability of soccer in North America. And then we blew it because we chickened out." —Tim Leiweke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by justin View Post
    i forgot that serioux is also amazing at throwins. throws in the opposing end will end up being like corners for us now
    as good as Rory Delap? i hope!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    as good as Rory Delap? i hope!
    Better, according to Dichio actually.

I_AM_CANADIAN

Quote Originally Posted by tfc View Post

I think now that Frei has arrived, Edwards is expendable. More allocation cash never hurt anybody.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    $50K in allocation money as per ives, was given to Dallas.
    Wondering exactly how much TFC paid for Adrian Serioux, which the club acquired on Tuesday? The total damage was a 2010 first-round draft pick and an allocation one source put at $50,000. Not a bad price for a quality central defender.
    http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_b...g-in-some.html

Trader Mo "steals" from another MLS club once again!
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    I'm judging him (as I do with all players at this level), by comparing him to the MLS players we come up against. Many other keepers in this league do a better job.

1) Bad distribution means turnovers that mean continued pressure on our defense. Sutton is not alone to blame in that, that often put the defense under constant pressure, forcing him to make those wonder saves.

2)You are 100% correct about experience. People who think we should ship him out and play Frei are crazy.

3)You are also 100% correct about 3 keepers on tight roster.
    Hahaha i think you are undermining the individual skills of players... Experience is something that player can learn way faster than a skill... I just don't think edwards is that skillful, he;s too showy of a keeper... too OCD for me... i donno if you noticed but watch him during warm up... there is this thing he does before he stop every ball pulling his pants up and lifting his shirt yea... I donno physic wise too he just doesn;t look like a golie..

plus i bet with the team we had last year.... cassillas would have let in just as many goals...