Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah right, I don't believe that for a second. If anything, he's asking for more money then they can afford. But this load of crap that MLS managers are saying that we don't want has-beens is just that, crap.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the guy is past his prime,not only that he would demand a large sum of cash,which MLS canna really afford on a player nearing the end of his career.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fast-forward to the summer of 2008; and clubs in America are turning down the chance to buy the striker.
    I think "BUY" is the key word. MLS seems to love free transfers, but doesn't want to pay transfer fees. If it was a free transfer I'm sure there would be interest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    yeah right, I don't believe that for a second. If anything, he's asking for more money then they can afford. But this load of crap that MLS managers are saying that we don't want has-beens is just that, crap.
    That was exactly my thaughts too...I was like WHAT? but as Alexintoronto said, maybe he is very expensive for MLS But with all the MEGABUCKS that there is in North America I'm having a hard time to believe that they can't get him like they got Bekham.
    I'm sure he is a marketable dude like Beck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alexintoronto View Post
    I think "BUY" is the key word. MLS seems to love free transfers, but doesn't want to pay transfer fees. If it was a free transfer I'm sure there would be interest.
    ^ That's exactly my thoughts as well. They without a doubt would take him in a second if the terms were right.

I think mls owners, really hate the idea of a "transfer" as it's completely out of the norm for NA sports.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    ^ That's exactly my thoughts as well. They without a doubt would take him in a second if the terms were right.

I think mls owners, really hate the idea of a "transfer" as it's completely out of the norm for NA sports.
    Especially ones that really can't afford it. This way managers look like heros by rejecting the evil "has-been" even though the real reason is shrouded. The list would be a small group of teams here... Toronto, San Jose? maybe being the only realistic options at this stage. New York, DC and LA could of course afford him also if they werent all full up on DP slots.