RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default TFC All-Star events

I was looking at this page about MLS Soccer Jam that was held last in Denver the night before the All-Star game and was wondering if this event will take place during this years game festivities.

http://web.mlsnet.com/news/mls_news...r_mls&fext=.jsp

One thing that jumped out at me was a World Supporters tournement. Would we try and enter a team in such a thing, it would be great.

Also last year there was a 12 team MLS U-17 tournement, every team had an entry except Toronto and New England, the Rapids had two teams in it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we piss on a church, just for old times sake?

(not really, just posting something to see how my avatar looks on the new site)

(I now see I have to redo the avatar)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess you will have to reedo it, I have to do the same, maybe we can have a mini church outside BMO to make it feel like thet great March day in Columbus. I am looking forward to allstar week.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

olegunnar

You'll note that article was dated July 9th and the All Star game was July 18th. So if you're expecting news about this years festivities I'd imagine you'll be waiting til early July.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure it has been said a million times but having the All-Star game during the week is a real pain.

It would be great is there was a skills competition during the day or the day before. Like, penalty kicks, speed competitions, accuracy, something along those lines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...you forgot "which section can drink more beer".

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is the Soccer Jam which i am looking forward to, wonder if the RPB will be able to enter a supporters team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well if MLS doesn't plan any events for that weekend, maybe we should ! Would be great if we can have like a supporter party, drinking competitions. How about a hookup so there's signing sessions with players, like they did before Wrestle-mania.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about they give us seat cushions again and we make it a competition for the grounds crew to see who can pick up the most of them??

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the AllStars appear at the Soccer Jam, so if anyone of you want Becks to sign that special something, your chance will be there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt there'll be much hype or surrounding events this year. MLS has indicated by their choice of competition that they won't put the usual money and promotion behind the event that they would if it was in a U.S. city. If we're really lucky maybe The Nylons will play half time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Garber and the MLS brass are really getting up my nose, The All-Star game should be a carnival atmosphere, I mean I have some friends whom are Hammers Supporters and I as a STH can't get any extra tickets, a big WTF is up with those fucking arrogant yankees. If MLS isn't going to do anything TFC,MLSE and the City of Toronto should be promoting the game and putting on events.

I hope we fucking kill the "Yellow Football Team" on Saturday. I wish the "Hudson Street Pussies" were coming up so we could scare the fuck out of them and send them home with shitty diapers.

OK rant is over. Cheers Guys
    I like the new look of the website!!
    Last edited by Derko; 05-15-2008 at 05:42 AM. Reason: Error