PDA

View Full Version : Who is your Red Patch Boys' Player of the Year so far?

Daveisonfire
05-26-2008, 12:02 PM
Pretty straight forward..based on our performances so far, who is your Player of the Year?

Mikey
05-26-2008, 12:05 PM
Sutton.

Has saved us from getting hammered 7-0 on more than one occasion.

Milton_Arab
05-26-2008, 12:13 PM
marvell wynne for me. guy has been amazing, except for saturday when he made a few mistakes... but hey everyone has bad games.

sutton has been good no question, but some games he hasn't had much to do, and that is because our defence has been so good. and from the defence wynne has stood out

Canadian Blue
05-26-2008, 12:42 PM
I voted for Tyrone Marshall......has been a rock pretty much all season

Parkdale
05-26-2008, 12:44 PM
Sutton. 2nd place would be Wynne

Pachuco
05-26-2008, 12:44 PM
gotta go with Sutton on this one. Although I have no doubt Guevara will be champ by the end of the year.

mighty_torontofc_2008
05-26-2008, 12:46 PM
Tyronne Marshall has been solid at the back, which has helped the team this year.

Guevara would have been my other choice,

Nodoubtguy
05-26-2008, 12:49 PM
Obviously Sutton is big for us, but I'm gonna go a bit to the side and say that Marco Velez deserves some credit for what he's done so far this year.

Went from being out kicking boy to having his name chanted at most of the games. He's shown a passion that other players haven't shown. Runs to the SE corner before every game, his reaction after his goal was amazing, and towards the end of every game you can see him getting pumped. not only that, but his play along side Marshall has been pretty much a 180 degree turn from the beginning of the season.

Roogsy
05-26-2008, 12:51 PM
This is a different team with Amado Guevara...we would not have won nearly as many games nor draws without him.

AL-MO
05-26-2008, 01:12 PM
Sutton with Guevara a close 2nd.

rocker
05-26-2008, 01:22 PM
it's harder this year to pick one... team is more consistent across the 11.

Northern Soul
05-26-2008, 01:33 PM
Robert. He makes such a difference on the left. Guevara a close 2nd and Sutton 3rd.

ACSertL
05-26-2008, 02:12 PM
I voted for Sutton only because I really didn't know what to expect from him this season having been out for the vast majority of last year. I must say that Guevara is a very close 2nd.

Honourable mention: Carl Robinson who has been a massive presence in the centre of midfield and one of the only guys on the team that makes sliding tackles consistently and effectively. Not a flashy guy but gets the job done.

joelakeshore
05-26-2008, 02:17 PM
I'd say it's a close call as most of the team can take a good portion of credit for the unbeaten run. Personally I like Carl- he brings a whole lot of grit and determnation to the midfield and allows Robert and Guevara to do their thing on attack. His closing down and tackling are a big reason that we've done well defensively, and he's proved to not be lacking in the creativity department as well- his cross to Brennan for Dichio's first goal against DC was absolutely brilliant. Defensive mid is one of the most difficult and under appreciated roles you can play on the field, and Robinson is a rock there for sure.

Daveisonfire
05-26-2008, 02:19 PM
I voted for Sutton only because I really didn't know what to expect from him this season having been out for the vast majority of last year. I must say that Guevara is a very close 2nd.

Honourable mention: Carl Robinson who has been a massive presence in the centre of midfield and one of the only guys on the team that makes sliding tackles consistently and effectively. Not a flashy guy but gets the job done.

I voted for Sutton aswell...and I definitely agree with your statement about Robbo, he's been so solid in the middle playing a Makelele role in front of the defenders. IMO He's the reason we've conceded so few goals.

Bobo
05-26-2008, 02:20 PM
Amado. We'd be the same boring ineffective team as last season without him.

Leprechaun
05-26-2008, 02:32 PM
Sutton. 2nd place would be Wynne

both of them have easily been our best players aside from saturday :p

ExiledRed
05-26-2008, 02:35 PM
I voted for Tyrone Marshall......has been a rock pretty much all season

Me too, not the best player in any particular match, but definitely consistent enough to be the best player over the last seven.

Bobo
05-26-2008, 02:37 PM
Isn't it sad Ricketts isn't even deserving of being on the list? Same goes for Edu.

Daveisonfire
05-26-2008, 02:39 PM
Isn't it sad Ricketts isn't even deserving of being on the list? Same goes for Edu.

Yeah you are only allowed 10 options when making a poll, so I had to use my spaces sparingly...

etro
05-26-2008, 02:44 PM
Sutton for sure.

jloome
05-26-2008, 03:26 PM
With Guevara, we go six without a loss; he and Robert are our most dangerous players, and either gets my vote. But given the two-goal performance, his ability to keep cool and his work rate (did you see him tracking back to defend over the last two?) it's gotta be Guevara, I think.

Sutton has been really good -- better than just solid, as a few of the saves have been point-blankers. But he's been supported by some really good defending and has shown a propensity for pushing off rebounds he should've held onto. That last bit might have nothing to do with his skills, incidentally, as every goalie in the league is apaprently pissed at how much the new ball knuckles, making it very hard to catch cleanly.

giambac
05-26-2008, 03:30 PM
marvell wynne for me. guy has been amazing, except for saturday when he made a few mistakes... but hey everyone has bad games.

sutton has been good no question, but some games he hasn't had much to do, and that is because our defence has been so good. and from the defence wynne has stood out

I voted the same.

In my opinion, this team has had 2 allstars so far this season

1) Wynn
2) Sutton

Nodoubtguy
05-26-2008, 03:35 PM
Who else voted Velez??

trane
05-26-2008, 03:37 PM
I voted Marshall becuase he desrves more credit. Robinson has also been solid. But we have a much more solid startig 11. The midfield for the most part has been our strench defending and attacig. The back four has been solid. Sutton has made mistakes but has also saved many more. Dichio end of the day, despite his lack of pace, I would not trade for any other striker in the MLS.

peskypetey
05-26-2008, 03:50 PM
I'd say it's a close call as most of the team can take a good portion of credit for the unbeaten run. Personally I like Carl- he brings a whole lot of grit and determnation to the midfield and allows Robert and Guevara to do their thing on attack. His closing down and tackling are a big reason that we've done well defensively, and he's proved to not be lacking in the creativity department as well- his cross to Brennan for Dichio's first goal against DC was absolutely brilliant. Defensive mid is one of the most difficult and under appreciated roles you can play on the field, and Robinson is a rock there for sure.

Spot on! Nice to see others appreciate what this guy does game in game out. I really believe he's our best passer... he's in my top 3 for sure with Wynne, but, Sutton has saved our ass so many times so I voted for him.

Nodoubtguy
05-28-2008, 08:17 AM
Anyone else want to vote for Velez now??

CoachGT
05-28-2008, 08:25 AM
Gotta go with Sutton, but I like the creativity Robert and Guevara bring, and the added dimension of Wynne in the back. Wynne needs a few more consitent first touches, and I like Ricketts moving downfield - if he figures out that his key asset is his ability to distribute the ball into the box (and that someone in there can finish for him) he'd move up the list, too. Carl needs to focus on the game a little more and less on trying to draw a foul that will probably never come with the refereeing in this league. But without Sutton this team would be struggling and probably in the bottom half of the table.

stugautz
05-28-2008, 08:26 AM
Most improved goes to Velez by far.

Bombonera
05-28-2008, 10:47 AM
I would love to say RObert or Guevara, but the one who has been a rock is Brennan. Morever, If it had been Dichio instead of Smith (WHo we like..!), Jim's cross last night in the second half would have led to another goal.

We should all rememebr what our defense was like, and he is the leader back there. THe fact that he plays well with Robert only adds his success.