PDA

View Full Version : Donavan coming back to Galaxy in March

anto7
02-17-2009, 09:59 PM
According to a report on TSN Landon Donavan will "likely" be returning to the Galaxy in March. Not sure why they are saying likely since the comments made by Bayern chairman Karl Heinz Rummeniege seem to be pretty clear cut. He states that they already have 3 top class strikers at the club and that they should be looking at a younger player for the 4th striker role.
Sorry I cannot attach a link but I am sending this from my Ipod.

Damien
02-17-2009, 09:59 PM
thats good, i like throwing pink streamers at that snail eatin puff

werewolf
02-17-2009, 10:00 PM
as a Bayern supporter...I hope this is true.

cy43
02-17-2009, 10:01 PM
A europe fail banner must be made. isn't this like the third europe fail for the boy?

Chevy
02-17-2009, 10:06 PM
^^ Maybe this with "FAIL" across it?

http://www.topnews.in/files/Germany-Map_0.jpg

werewolf
02-17-2009, 10:07 PM

um no.

cy43
02-17-2009, 10:07 PM

Absolutely golden.

Cambridge_Red
02-17-2009, 10:11 PM

Your fail failed

NF-FC
02-17-2009, 10:13 PM
Bundesliga Reject!

AL-MO
02-17-2009, 10:14 PM
Yeah you are kinda angering the German supporters on the board :cool:

rocker
02-17-2009, 10:15 PM
the wheels on the bus go round and round..................

H Bomb
02-17-2009, 10:16 PM

:D

that's pretty funny

Ossington Mental Youth
02-17-2009, 10:18 PM
Your fail failed

that shit is way outdated

Wheres Weserstadion?

LucaGol
02-17-2009, 10:19 PM
He didn't fail at Bayern ... Rummenigge just didn't wanna shell out 10 mill for a bench striker.

You can hate him all you want ... but at least get the facts straight.

werewolf
02-17-2009, 10:20 PM
He didn't fail at Bayern ... Rummenigge just didn't wanna shell out 10 mill for a bench striker.

You can hate him all you want ... but at least get the facts straight.

Have you watched the last 2-3 games by any chance?

NF-FC
02-17-2009, 10:23 PM
[Lionel Richie] once, twice, three times a reject [/Lionel Richie]

LucaGol
02-17-2009, 10:24 PM
Have you watched the last 2-3 games by any chance?

Ya, he played like a total of 2.2 minutes.

What, he missed a chance or two ... wow ... he really bombed.

The whole team played poor against Hertha. Dortmund was so-so.

Big deal. What does that prove?

It takes time for players to properly settle.

werewolf
02-17-2009, 10:28 PM
He averaged 20 mins his first 3 games, and played almost 60 on the weekend. That is about 120 mins...far from "2.2". He has had his chance to prove his skill, and has been absolutely dreadful. "so-so" vs. Dortmund? If it wasn't for a hot keeper it could have been 5 or 6 instead of 3.

LucaGol
02-17-2009, 10:32 PM
He averaged 20 mins his first 3 games, and played almost 60 on the weekend. That is about 120 mins...far from "2.2". He has had his chance to prove his skill, and has been absolutely dreadful. "so-so" vs. Dortmund? If it wasn't for a hot keeper it could have been 5 or 6 instead of 3.

I was referring to Donovan's performance, not the team as a whole.

But whatever, if not scoring against 2 of the top 3 teams and a pretty decent Dortmund side is your idea of a player failing to meet expectations as a substitute striker. Than so be it.

I don't even like that damn guy, far from it, ... but let's have a reasonable discussion here.

Chevy
02-17-2009, 10:34 PM
Reason has no place in a discussion about Landycakes. At least not on this board.

LucaGol
02-17-2009, 10:35 PM
Reason has no place in a discussion about Landycakes. At least not on this board.

Fair enough.

Now who's making that poster.

werewolf
02-17-2009, 10:35 PM
I am not expecting a Gerd Muller strike-rate, but he looked out of place. Had maybe one good chance, that was right at the keeper, along with a few putts at the net. Terrible off-the ball movement, very little marking of the defenders with the ball. Klinsmann was giving him every chance he could, but there was nothing to work with.

LucaGol
02-17-2009, 10:41 PM
I am not expecting a Gerd Muller strike-rate, but he looked out of place. Had maybe one good chance, that was right at the keeper, along with a few putts at the net. Terrible off-the ball movement, very little marking of the defenders with the ball. Klinsmann was giving him every chance he could, but there was nothing to work with.

Well, the off the ball movement is debateable.

Often when a striker is doing anything but bagging goals, he can look woefully out of place.

He would have scored some ... all he needed was Hamit Altintop crossing it in. :rolleyes:

Anyways, I still think he's a European level player.

It was a little unrealistic to think that he could fit at one of the bigger clubs in the world in the first place.

andyc
02-17-2009, 10:41 PM
C'mon gentlemen... Let's not let facts get in the way of us taking the piss out of this wanker!

He failed and he's a reject! LOL!!!

Can't wait for the LA home game...

werewolf
02-17-2009, 10:43 PM
I just would have expected more out of him considering how he flamed out the first and second times he was over there.

CretanBull
02-17-2009, 10:46 PM
Munich is a giant club in a quality league - Donavan is in over his head. I'm sure he could fit in somewhere in a European set up, but the top team in 1st division Germany isn't the place. I said it before he left - he's not used to playing against the quality of defenders that he'll see in the Bundesliga and it will be hard for him to score.

LucaGol
02-17-2009, 10:47 PM
I just would have expected more out of him considering how he flamed out the first and second times he was over there.

Europe has proven to be a strange land for top American talent.

Jozy Altidore is not even playing big minutes at his new loaned club Xerez (from Villarreal), who knows what the hell club Freddy Adu is at now (he certainly doesn't play for Monaco).

Is it that they're not talented enough, or is it that they're not given adequate opportunities? Who knows really.

For a US team that can now regularly beat a Mexican side composed of star players such as Andres Guardado, Carlos Vela and Giovani dos Santos ... they sure don't have too many successful players abroad. Not successful at any mainstream clubs anyways.

werewolf
02-17-2009, 10:49 PM
well...those three have all gone to Europe based on their MLS experiance...that says a lot about the league.

There have been a few exceptions though.

djking2
02-17-2009, 10:49 PM
I'd suppose Donavan should figure this one as a success really. He'll come back to LA but I wouldn't want to bet he's still there after the summer. Lucagol is right about his realistic chance of fitting in at one of the bigger clubs but come the summer there are lots of teams that would be interested. It's surprising considering what a gay fuckin wanker he is.

Wagner
02-17-2009, 10:51 PM

WEAK!!!
not cool.

CretanBull
02-17-2009, 10:55 PM
There have been a handfull of successfull Americans in the Premiership, but they tend to play rolls based more on physical play rather than top end skill - although American keepers have been very successfull with top end teams.

Pachuco
02-17-2009, 11:13 PM
Haven't seen him play since he went to Germany. I'm just glad he's coming back. The man I love to hate!

Dirk Diggler
02-18-2009, 01:39 AM
Galaxy are getting the wrong guy back. It would have been better for everyone if Beckham was coming back (willingly at least) instead of Landon.

Brooker
02-18-2009, 01:48 AM
the wheels on the bus go round and round....

Puskas
02-18-2009, 09:39 AM
...round and round...

rocker
02-18-2009, 10:28 AM
.. round and round...

TFCREDNWHITE
02-18-2009, 07:37 PM

Firstly let me say that i think it is hilarious!!

Secondly though, if you do that, he would get sooo mad that he will fackin score so many goals against us that we will lose the game....and i don't want to anger him any more than we have too...