PDA

View Full Version : Fifa 09 scouts the new trialists

Stryker
02-17-2009, 05:25 PM
Here are the numbers based on Fifa 09, the ultimate pro football scouting system. ;)

Ben Starosta
Height: 6'0"
Nation: Poland
Postion: RB/RWB/RM
OVERALL RATING: 53

Jack Pelter
Height: 6'2"
Nation: New Zealand
Postion: CB
Overall rating: 57

Andrew Cave-Brown
Height: 5'10"
Nation: England
Postion: RB
Overall rating: 47

Now for camparisons sake let me point out that Velez is rated as 61 and Tyrone Marshall was a 64.
Recent attempted signing Fojut is 64 overall and a great slide tackler to boot.

The numbers don't look promising. :(

Damien
02-17-2009, 05:28 PM
Velez can't be a 61. That game is flawed!

Stryker
02-17-2009, 05:36 PM
Velez can't be a 61. That game is flawed!

You dare to doubt the Fifa 09 scouting system. Basphamy! :p

Anywhere here are the rest:

DeRosario - 74
Guevara - 69
Wynne - 66
Sutton - 66
Ricketts - 66
Robinson - 65
Barrett - 65
Cronin - 65
Brennen - 64
Smith - 64
Dichio - 63
White - 63
Frei - 62
Edwards - 61
Velez - 61
Harmse - 59
Ibby- 58
Gyan - 58
Rosenlund - 57
Hall - 56
Hemming - 55
Gala - 51

Disclaimer - actual playing ability may vary

ExiledRed
02-17-2009, 06:20 PM
Ibby a 58?

that's guesswork right there.

Plenty of Trout
02-17-2009, 06:37 PM
CB Pelter at 57 offers some hope given he is 20 years old and tall.

Stryker
02-17-2009, 07:15 PM
Ibby a 58?
that's guesswork right there.
I'd give Ibby a 60. Although he had his flashes there were also games he was very medicore. Velez should be at about 59 IMO.
Ricketts, Dichio, Robinson and Barrett should all be a point or two higher.
Having said that, the game is usually pretty accurate overall give or take 2 points.

ben_vw
02-17-2009, 07:23 PM
Stryker,

Do we know for sure that these guys are actually currently on trial?

djking2
02-17-2009, 07:39 PM
That's what I was wondering too

Stryker
02-17-2009, 07:39 PM
Stryker,

Do we know for sure that these guys are actually currently on trial?
Im going on the word of somebody who I would expect is in the know.

Shakes McQueen
02-17-2009, 07:45 PM
Cronin is rated the same overall, as Carl Robinson? Frei is rated higher overall, than Edwards?

- Scott

Reg_Sims
02-17-2009, 08:00 PM
You dare to doubt the Fifa 09 scouting system. Basphamy! :p

Anywhere here are the rest:

DeRosario - 74
Guevara - 69
Wynne - 66
Sutton - 66
Ricketts - 66
Robinson - 65
Barrett - 65
Cronin - 65
Brennen - 64
Smith - 64
Dichio - 63
White - 63
Frei - 62
Edwards - 61
Velez - 61
Harmse - 59
Ibby- 58
Gyan - 58
Rosenlund - 57
Hall - 56
Hemming - 55
Gala - 51

Disclaimer - actual playing ability may vary

Is there a website that shows all the ratings that the game gave players for all the attributes??

Ossington Mental Youth
02-17-2009, 08:17 PM
its fifa 09

Super Cereal
02-17-2009, 08:34 PM
Quick question to Stryker or whoever else can help.

How the fuck do you use those MF'n online rosters for manager mode?! God damnit, I'm close to pulling my hair out. I have online, and have downloaded the online rosters. But no matter what I do, when I start manager mode, it uses the outdated default rosters with Carlos fuckin Ruiz. I've deleted all squad files except for the online rosters, and when I go to load squads, nothing is there, even though I've downloaded the online rosters. I've gone online, played a game with the updated roster, and then gone straight to start a new manager mode but it still uses the old ones.

I know it's probably me doing something stupid, but fuck. WHy can't it be like NHL 09, so much easier. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Shakes McQueen
02-17-2009, 08:50 PM
Quick question to Stryker or whoever else can help.

How the fuck do you use those MF'n online rosters for manager mode?! God damnit, I'm close to pulling my hair out. I have online, and have downloaded the online rosters. But no matter what I do, when I start manager mode, it uses the outdated default rosters with Carlos fuckin Ruiz. I've deleted all squad files except for the online rosters, and when I go to load squads, nothing is there, even though I've downloaded the online rosters. I've gone online, played a game with the updated roster, and then gone straight to start a new manager mode but it still uses the old ones.

I know it's probably me doing something stupid, but fuck. WHy can't it be like NHL 09, so much easier. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Are you sure you got the January transfer update? You have to download the latest Adidas Live Season update, in order to get it (you should have it for at least one league, as they give you a code for one free league). It doesn't work like the NHL 09 roster updates, where you actually select the file, and download it.

First thing I did after getting it, was restart Manager Mode with Arsenal, and Arshavin was definitely there. Same with my Toronto FC one - DeRo was there.

- Scott

Super Cereal
02-17-2009, 09:08 PM
Are you sure you got the January transfer update? You have to download the latest Adidas Live Season update, in order to get it (you should have it for at least one league, as they give you a code for one free league). It doesn't work like the NHL 09 roster updates, where you actually select the file, and download it.

Ah, that must be the case. I bought FIFA new in December, don't remember getting a code, I must have made a mistake when I first got it. I download the roster update whenever I play online and save it (I assumed it worked like NHL; my mistake entirely).

Thanks for the help. I'll try and figure out the Adidas Live Season.

Shakes McQueen
02-17-2009, 09:15 PM
Ah, that must be the case. I bought FIFA new in December, don't remember getting a code, I must have made a mistake when I first got it. I download the roster update whenever I play online and save it (I assumed it worked like NHL; my mistake entirely).

Thanks for the help. I'll try and figure out the Adidas Live Season.

Check your manual. I think the code is printed on it somewhere, that gives you access to ALS updates for one league of your choice (additional leagues cost money).

The roster update when you play online, I think is more of an anti-cheating mechanism, than an actual update. It makes you download it like once per week, despite the fact that the actual FIFA 09 rosters haven't been changed until now.

- Scott

Super Cereal
02-17-2009, 09:29 PM
Check your manual. I think the code is printed on it somewhere, that gives you access to ALS updates for one league of your choice (additional leagues cost money).

The roster update when you play online, I think is more of an anti-cheating mechanism, than an actual update. It makes you download it like once per week, despite the fact that the actual FIFA 09 rosters haven't been changed until now.

- Scott

I see. Just checked my manual, sure enough, there it was. Thanks a bunch, I never would have figured it out.

Shakes McQueen
02-17-2009, 09:32 PM
I see. Just checked my manual, sure enough, there it was. Thanks a bunch, I never would have figured it out.

I live to serve. :D

- Scott

Kooper
02-17-2009, 10:32 PM
let's put this all in perspective. It is a game. In my game Johan and Jarrod Smith are #1 and #2 leading scorers in my 2009 MLS season. Let's wait until the season starts to judge these players.

cy43
02-17-2009, 10:40 PM
let's put this all in perspective. It is a game. In my game Johan and Jarrod Smith are #1 and #2 leading scorers in my 2009 MLS season. Let's wait until the season starts to judge these players.

I knew we should have protected Jarrod Smith.

Super Cereal
02-17-2009, 10:42 PM
I feel like such an idiot. I go to the Adidas Live section to find MLS; it's not one of the leagues offered. So damn frustrating.

Shakes McQueen
02-17-2009, 11:01 PM
I feel like such an idiot. I go to the Adidas Live section to find MLS; it's not one of the leagues offered. So damn frustrating.

It doesn't matter which league you pick for ALS updates. You will still get the transfer deadline roster update for all leagues and teams.

- Scott

Super Cereal
02-17-2009, 11:05 PM
It doesn't matter which league you pick for ALS updates. You will still get the transfer deadline roster update for all leagues and teams.

- Scott

Thank you once again.

Technology is not exactly my forte. ;)

edit - Success. Thanks again for the help and patience. Manager mode is a lot better without Carlos Ruiz on the team!

gmacpheetfc
02-17-2009, 11:18 PM
I played be a Man mode with Pablo Vitti he's now an 81 :D

Dunc
02-17-2009, 11:22 PM
Yea, you don't need ALS. ALS is a weekly (or so) thing where it updates a certain league's players' attributes based on form.

It's pretty cool when your team are doing well. Last week Everton were like Barcelona! Arteta was a 90 at attacking mid.

Bars92
02-17-2009, 11:57 PM
Laurent Robert must have been the highest rated TFC player to date. He was rated a 74 or something..