PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought......

StandUpIfYouHateChelsea
02-17-2009, 02:48 PM
I don't know if i can relate to most people on here as i assume you all have seasons..... but more than once ive stood at the north end fence or even up on the food building to watch a game , now i know some of you might come off and say why dont i just watch on tv ect..... well truth be told there is just nothing that compares to being in the stands , now that being said i wonder what the impact of having a large crowd gather at the north end during games, im wondering if at all it would push the club towards expansion. i mean if you get a couple hundred outside at gameday just watching the game and chanting ect.... could it push them to maybe get a north stand? or expand over the south stand....... because if not ill have to bring my fold out chair and somehow find myself ontop of the food building =) ......plus ive seen it done before at the indy.....:canada::noidea::noidea:

Sonny Cheeba
02-17-2009, 02:51 PM
push BMO to expand or get riot police? i think it's cool that you do that, i never thought about it really. the food building doesn't look that hard to climb, but you can get trespasing charges if you're caught. maybe not if they do it at the indy.

Parkdale
02-17-2009, 02:52 PM
if not ill have to bring my fold out chair and somehow find myself ontop of the food building =)

I've seen it done for TFC. people didn't get on to the roof of the food building, but they got on to the solid awning that extends on the south side. I think the police got them down. As for the roof, it's a damn hard climb, and a ladder would be needed. I've checked all around that building, and it's clearly something they've considered while adjusting light fixtures and anything that could be used to climb it.

Sonny Cheeba
02-17-2009, 03:00 PM
I've seen it done for TFC. people didn't get on to the roof of the food building, but they got on to the solid awning that extends on the south side. I think the police got them down. As for the roof, it's a damn hard climb, and a ladder would be needed. I've checked all around that building, and it's clearly something they've considered while adjusting light fixtures and anything that could be used to climb it.

i thought they had a slanty window fountain dealy that is not used as a fountain anymore.

climb up a truck around the back?

i'd take parky's word for it, that guy is an urban spidermonkey

StandUpIfYouHateChelsea
02-17-2009, 03:03 PM
why dosent the ex just put a rope up with some temp sweating , charge 10 dollars a geame =D id pay for that hahahaha

Don Julio
02-17-2009, 03:04 PM
http://www.narroginspringfestival.org.au/images/stilts.jpg

Parkdale
02-17-2009, 03:05 PM
i'd take parky's word for it, that guy is an urban spidermonkey

haha... the fountain has a 15-20 foot window that would be impossible to climb. The only way would be to shimmy up a pipe on the street side, and then climb to a cover over a loading bay. I would probably even be a tough climb for a real mountain climber, and there's no way you'd get away without breaking something if you fell.

I'll just take my seats at BMO, thank you very much.

StandUpIfYouHateChelsea
02-17-2009, 03:07 PM
i guess ill just rely on beating up scalpers and using there ticks. i mean hey..... what are they going to do report there illegal tickets stolen!??

Sonny Cheeba
02-17-2009, 03:21 PM
i guess ill just rely on beating up scalpers and using there ticks. i mean hey..... what are they going to do report there illegal tickets stolen!??

you mean their legal tickets stolen, not to mention the assault.

joel
02-17-2009, 03:33 PM
Expansion is not a matter or if, it's when and how. Nothing needs to be pushed, they are well aware of it, with a huge season ticket waiting list.

StandUpIfYoureConfusedByThisThread

rocker
02-17-2009, 03:40 PM
since there isn't a lot of room in the north end, they should build something like this there:

http://www6.worldisround.com/photos/4/492/302_o.jpg

have some private boxes and opera hall-like stands!

Cannon
02-17-2009, 08:30 PM
Image has exceeded its bandwidth :(

rocker
02-17-2009, 08:33 PM
hahaha.. whoa! the power of the RPB shuts down an image...

here's a better one of it!! TFC would get those pricey private boxes plus club seats.. and regular seats below... it's imposing... and it wouldn't need much room behind.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Bombonera_Boca_Juniors.JPG
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Bombonera_Boca_Juniors.JPG

Cannon
02-17-2009, 09:34 PM
ahh yes I figured you were talking about something like that.

Ive always thought it was an interesting concept for a stadium.

Obviously on a small scale like in just the north end it would make for some very unique private boxes.

Shakes McQueen
02-17-2009, 09:38 PM
I think we should have a RPB "lifeguard chair making session" for those of us still without season tickets. :D

- Scott

RedWookie
02-17-2009, 09:56 PM
I think we should have a RPB "lifeguard chair making session" for those of us still without season tickets. :D

- Scott

agreed! or we just sit in the parking lot with some radios and chairs

Cambridge_Red
02-17-2009, 10:09 PM
http://rermag.com/IPA_2005/Lifts/SkyJack%20SJ45T.jpg

Job done.

Carter
02-17-2009, 10:20 PM
http://rermag.com/IPA_2005/Lifts/SkyJack%20SJ45T.jpg

Job done.

How many Supporters can you legally get in those? I wonder if we could work out a RPB discount? or maybe if we order in bulk, they will give us a discount....

Razcle
02-17-2009, 10:28 PM
^ I am guessing with delivery charges and 2h+ for the game, it may be cheeper to hit up a scalper

Shakes McQueen
02-17-2009, 10:31 PM
How many Supporters can you legally get in those? I wonder if we could work out a RPB discount? or maybe if we order in bulk, they will give us a discount....

I would laugh my ass off, if we showed up with a fleet of SkyJacks.

We could lower it down over the beer garden every 40 minutes or so, to get another round. :D

- Scott

NF-FC
02-17-2009, 10:42 PM
does anyone watch Red Green? remember the inner-tube chair he made to see the "really big thing"? no?

OK, so he basically took a dozen inner-tubes, taped them together, sat on top and inflated them one by one until he was 15' in the air. This could work!

egoodwin
02-17-2009, 10:50 PM
you know how dangerous that would be watching from way up there in that...

just wait till Cunny visits... you'll need to ground the thing