PDA

View Full Version : kennedy owusu ansah

hodgkiss
02-16-2009, 08:37 PM
hey guys,

it was brought o my attention a few weeks ago that kennedy owusu ansah had left germany and was in fact on trial with real salt lake. and at that time i was questioning why mo hadn't been keeping an eye on him as with the case of andre hainault who is on trial with houston. both of these guys are defenders (hainault centre back and koa right back) both young canadians who spent a few years in europe.

i have been checking out some stats on mlsnet.com and see that hainault is getting minutes with his club - expecting they will probably sign him in the near future . but koa is m.i.a. i'm not sure if this means he is somewhere else or if he is just not playing but this is a kid who was on trial with the galaxy in 2006 when he was 16 and impressed then. as did he with me when he featured for the canada u20's vs brazil in the same year. he looked composed on the ball and had vision well above most of the other players on the pitch.

http://www.lasoccernews.com/article.php?article_id=299

if he is in fact not with rsl, i would hope we could get him here to take a look at him. he would be a great young player to develop like nana and plays the same position. having two young solid canadian right backs would do wonders for us in the next 5-10 years and would be equally as great for canada.

seeing good defenders are somewhat hard to come by in the mls, i would free up a spot losing either one of our keepers (frei or edwards) or one of our fringe young american players (ibrahim, smith) or even one of the young canadians (rosenlund, hall) as we seem to have quite a few keepers and mids.

so the question is, where the hell is he? let's get him here is he is on the fringe at rsl and lets lock him up. if he lives up to what i have seen him do in the past, he would be a great addition to this team!

Damien
02-16-2009, 09:00 PM
He's on trial at RSL

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=9329

Ossington Mental Youth
02-16-2009, 09:50 PM
hes also a fullback/winger if im not mistaken and we've got plenty in that position

rocker
02-16-2009, 11:56 PM
it was brought o my attention a few weeks ago that kennedy owusu ansah had left germany and was in fact on trial with real salt lake. and at that time i was questioning why mo hadn't been keeping an eye on him as with the case of andre hainault who is on trial with houston.

How do you know Mo hasn't kept an eye on him?

You do realize that the assistant coach of TFC (Nick Dasovic) coached both Kennedy and Andre in the past few years right?

Dasovic coached Kennedy at the U-20 World Cup and coached Hainault at the world cup qualifting tourney. Kyle Hall, a lesser known player coached by Dasovic and who played with Hainault, is currently on trial with TFC.

I think they know who's out there. ;)

Razcle
02-17-2009, 09:10 AM
Stupid Cap and player restrictions are not allowing us to scoop up players like this on small (50K/year) salaries so they can be developed into the first team. Thats what I blame this shit on.

hodgkiss
02-17-2009, 04:00 PM
How do you know Mo hasn't kept an eye on him?

You do realize that the assistant coach of TFC (Nick Dasovic) coached both Kennedy and Andre in the past few years right?

Dasovic coached Kennedy at the U-20 World Cup and coached Hainault at the world cup qualifting tourney. Kyle Hall, a lesser known player coached by Dasovic and who played with Hainault, is currently on trial with TFC.

I think they know who's out there. ;)

dasovic didn't coach the u20's dale mitchell did. and kennedy wasn't used much if at all during that time (which surprised me) dasovic did coach andrea and hall (who is not on trial - he is an unsigned draft choice).

and i'm sure they have heard of him etc but sometimes it boggles my mind how the teams end up with these guys before we do. canadians should always be top of mind. they will probably play for less money (if from the toronto area) and would likely play in canada because it puts them closer to playing for the national team. so it's an advantage for tfc and the canadian players. there is no excuse that hainault would leave the czech rep and not get the invite here on a claim. that's inexcusable. we need defenders and here are two within the mls with teams other than toronto. does that make sense?

oxygenatedbrain
02-17-2009, 04:48 PM
Deep....

rocker
02-17-2009, 06:29 PM
dasovic didn't coach the u20's dale mitchell did. and kennedy wasn't used much if at all during that time (which surprised me) dasovic did coach andrea and hall (who is not on trial - he is an unsigned draft choice).

and i'm sure they have heard of him etc but sometimes it boggles my mind how the teams end up with these guys before we do. canadians should always be top of mind. they will probably play for less money (if from the toronto area) and would likely play in canada because it puts them closer to playing for the national team. so it's an advantage for tfc and the canadian players. there is no excuse that hainault would leave the czech rep and not get the invite here on a claim. that's inexcusable. we need defenders and here are two within the mls with teams other than toronto. does that make sense?

Of course Kyle Hall is on trial. He hasn't signed yet, so he's on trial. Until he's signed on the dotted line, he's on trial.

Second, Dasovic was assistant coach to the U-20s under Mitchell. Dasovic saw Kennedy every day in practice, and in the game in Edmonton. He knows EXACTLY what Kennedy brings to the table. Same with Hainault. He was the head coach of the U-23, the team on which Hainault played.

Think of this as strategy -- Canadians are unlikely to be claimed by American teams because these guys count as internationals. Sometimes a few fall through, like Hainault. But it's not a big deal.. it's not a crime. TFC doesn't have the room to sign every Canadian anyways. It's bad enough that Nana and Gabe barely get a chance to play....

It's entirely possible Dasovic gave his opinion that these guys wouldn't be worth a claim -- certainly he was the one advising Mo to draft Hall...so you'd think he'd give a list of possible players to Mo to check out.

Anyhow, Andre and Kennedy haven't yet signed with MLS.

oxygenatedbrain
02-17-2009, 07:22 PM
...ly annoying, but I figured you'd respond, saving me the aggravation...

rocker
02-18-2009, 10:00 AM
News on Kennedy.. he's gone from RSL.

Kennedy Owusu-Ansah has had to return to Hertha Berlin. No word on the level of interest that RSL has in him, or if this is the end of the line.

http://keepinitrealsl.blogspot.com/2009/02/updates-from-practice-tuesday-feb-17.html

LucaGol
02-18-2009, 12:38 PM

Kennedy Owusu-Ansah has had to return to Hertha Berlin. No word on the level of interest that RSL has in him, or if this is the end of the line.

http://keepinitrealsl.blogspot.com/2009/02/updates-from-practice-tuesday-feb-17.html

RSL signs a player like every other week it seems.

How many damn players do they have on their roster?

rocker
02-18-2009, 12:47 PM
RSL signs a player like every other week it seems.

How many damn players do they have on their roster?

RSL has gotten rid of something like 7 players this offseason.

Keegan
02-18-2009, 09:58 PM

Read further.....

"UPDATE: I have been cautioned about drawing a conclusion about the 3 trialists who are no longer training with the team (I hear the team is actually high on Kennedy Owusu-Ansah)."

I don't think Kennedy is gone yet.

Dub Narcotic
02-18-2009, 10:48 PM
It'd be nice if RSL became the new Houston, a home away from home for Canadians in MLS.

rocker
02-19-2009, 09:18 AM
I don't think Kennedy is gone yet.

well, he's gone to Hertha Berlin for now.