PDA

View Full Version : Hemming to Söderström? Anyone Speak Sweedish?

sidney
05-26-2008, 08:32 AM
Just came across this article from Saturday at: http://www.hammarbyfotboll.se/se/aktuellt/artiklar/?articleid=32266

The article states:

"Rickets landsmän, mittfältaren Vahid Assadpour och backen Tyler Hemming, gjorde heller inte bort sig. - Vahid är snabb i tanken och ganska allround. Tyler är klokast av de som varit här. Han har väldigt bra speluppfattning och är tekniskt trygg med båda fötterna, men en aning osnabb, säger Gustavsson."

Anyone speak Sweedish? What does this mean? Is Hemming on trial with the Sweedish professional team Söderström or has he signed with them? Any input is much appreciated.

Canadian Blue
05-26-2008, 08:53 AM
- Vahid är snabb i tanken och ganska allround.

I think this means he is an all around gangsta!!!

ACSertL
05-26-2008, 08:58 AM
Oddly enough I am embarking on learning Swedish...I'm just not that far along.

However, I think that Söderström is a last name...probably of someone at the club. Give me a few months when this is old news and I may be able to have something for ya. :)

GingerNinja
05-26-2008, 09:06 AM
The Clubs name is Hammarby, and according to his wikipedia page he's on trial.

rocker
05-26-2008, 09:10 AM
i copied it into some swedish translation sites... not all the words came through. but it implies Hemming is still on trial along with another player and the coach is commenting on their ability.

"He has very good speluppfattning and technically secure with both feet, but a little osnabb," says Gustavsson.

If someone knows what speluppfattning and osnabb mean we'd have the quote!
haha. altho the first sounds like a good thing to have while the second doesn't.

sidney
05-26-2008, 09:17 AM
The Clubs name is Hammarby, and according to his wikipedia page he's on trial.

...thanks re: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyler_Hemming

BeachRed
05-26-2008, 09:38 AM
Yeah, a little osnabb is always a problem.

Daveisonfire
05-26-2008, 09:42 AM

:lol::lol::lol:

Red CB Toronto
05-26-2008, 09:46 AM
Is this a top level club in Sweden?

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
05-26-2008, 10:00 AM
All the best for Hemming....i still havnt got over TFC lettting him go! He was always a great option to throw into a game at any time!!

noochie
05-26-2008, 10:01 AM
god för honom

deschamp86
05-26-2008, 10:01 AM
According to the Voyageurs board, Hemming is on trial at Hammarby along with two other Canadians, Vahid Assadpour and Tosaint Ricketts. There is a picture of the three as well.

http://www.canadian-soccer.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15494 (http://www.canadian-soccer.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15494)

deschamp86
05-26-2008, 10:03 AM
All the best for Hemming....i still havnt got over TFC lettting him go! He was always a great option to throw into a game at any time!!

As far as I can remember, I think Hemming asked Mo to let him leave. With all the new midfielders coming into the club he was dropping in depth quite quickly. He wasn't getting any younger and knew it was now or never to make a change. Hopefully this works out for him and he may be back in the future with a more prominent role.

Christoff
05-26-2008, 10:35 AM
To semi translate that artical, it said he hasnt left yet and he is considered one of the smartest(wisest) players they have been looking at, and that he has two good feet and a good technical aspect to his game.

Milton_Arab
05-26-2008, 10:37 AM
i copied it into some swedish translation sites... not all the words came through. but it implies Hemming is still on trial along with another player and the coach is commenting on their ability.

"He has very good speluppfattning and technically secure with both feet, but a little osnabb," says Gustavsson.

If someone knows what speluppfattning and osnabb mean we'd have the quote!
haha. altho the first sounds like a good thing to have while the second doesn't.

the first part means he is a very good playmaker. the second part means he is not very quick. . i also used to take swedish lessons. i am working on the rest of it.

and cblake - yes hammarby is a top swedish club

rocker
05-26-2008, 11:03 AM
so the coach of the team is saying exactly what we already knew about Hemming .. heheh

Pachuco
05-26-2008, 11:10 AM
As far as I can remember, I think Hemming asked Mo to let him leave. With all the new midfielders coming into the club he was dropping in depth quite quickly. He wasn't getting any younger and knew it was now or never to make a change. Hopefully this works out for him and he may be back in the future with a more prominent role.

Not true. I know straight from the horses mouth that it was never his option to leave. Mo let him go.

rocker
05-26-2008, 11:15 AM
the exact story on Hemming was that to sign Tebily they moved Lombardo down to the dev roster as a senior dev player. Then they asked Hemming to move from from senior dev to dev, and he refused, so they released him. I'm assuming that the reason they had to bump him down was because of some MLS roster regulation (couldn't have too many senior devs). But he did want to stay. I emailed him on facebook and this is what he said to me.

So it wasn't a complete case of "Mo released him" or "Tyler demanded his release".
Mo offered him a lower deal (not outright release), then Tyler refused, which led to his final release.

In other words, tyler could still be on this team if he had been willing to take the lower dev roster position. but he rightfully decided not to take that, and there was no other way of staying on the club.

ag futbol
05-26-2008, 11:17 AM
Vahid Assadpour is the guy Andrew Ornoch mentions as a player to watch for the future in the interview previously. Hopefully it works out for all of them.

I guess Ricketts is not going back to school next year. Maybe we can pull a NE and just blatently break the rules to sign him. MLS is always making things up as they go in anycase.

ensco
05-26-2008, 02:18 PM
He was the natural sub for Edu....we really don't have anyone else to play CM now (Harmse is a DM)

ag futbol
05-26-2008, 02:23 PM
Rosenlund is actually another central mid. I'm guessing we rate him higher than hemming as we asked him to stay on the Sr. Roster.

RealG-TFC
05-26-2008, 04:04 PM

I lol'd

werewolf
05-26-2008, 05:27 PM
apparently Hemming hates Ryanair

Blixa
05-26-2008, 08:09 PM
the exact story on Hemming was that to sign Tebily they moved Lombardo down to the dev roster as a senior dev player. Then they asked Hemming to move from from senior dev to dev, and he refused, so they released him. I'm assuming that the reason they had to bump him down was because of some MLS roster regulation (couldn't have too many senior devs). But he did want to stay. I emailed him on facebook and this is what he said to me.

So it wasn't a complete case of "Mo released him" or "Tyler demanded his release".
Mo offered him a lower deal (not outright release), then Tyler refused, which led to his final release.

In other words, tyler could still be on this team if he had been willing to take the lower dev roster position. but he rightfully decided not to take that, and there was no other way of staying on the club.

These rules are so fucking stupid it's mind boggling. I mean, they have all this supposedly developmental nonsense in place, yet the team had to release a player who needs further development when it's clear that had he been able to stay on the team he'd have a better shot at becoming a better player by the virtue of playing and training with more experienced players (players such as Tebily, whose arrival was what got the dominos rolling in this scenario in the first place). Talk about an idiotic rule that ends up doing the exact opposite of what it was intended for!

jloome
05-26-2008, 08:12 PM
Be a shame to see Tosaint Ricketts end up somewhere other than TFC as well, he's got promise.