PDA

View Full Version : Sewing two scarves to make two different scarves

Toronto Gunner
02-13-2009, 12:17 PM
I don't know if this is the right forum for this, but I'd like to sew two scarves together to make two different scarves. The idea would be to cut a TFC scarf in half along the long sewn edge, the one that seperates the front from the back. I'd like to then do the same with an Arsenal scarf, and reattach them so that I would have two scarves that have TFC on one side, and Arsenal on the other. Does anybody know if this is possible? I don't if the innards are intertwined at all and if this would just end up ruining the scarves, so before I start, I thought I'd see if anybody here has tried this.

Eastend
02-13-2009, 12:22 PM
No it isn't possible as it would look really really fugly. :)

BFin
02-13-2009, 12:38 PM
Not to mention the desecration of a beautiful piece of TFC memorabilia.

Don Julio
02-13-2009, 12:39 PM
No, wrong forum, try here: http://www.knittingforums.com/

AL-MO
02-13-2009, 12:43 PM
As long as that scarf is an adidas scarf and not one of ours its all good! ;)

EDIT:In all seriousness why would you want to do this?

Sonny Cheeba
02-13-2009, 12:45 PM
yeah man.... bad bad idea. would look terrible.

Toronto Gunner
02-13-2009, 12:53 PM
so what I'm hearing is... this is a bad idea. You're probably right.

T_Mizz
02-13-2009, 12:59 PM
Don't listen to these nay-sayers you follow your heart and pursue your dream of two TFC-Arsenal Scarves if its what's in your heart

werewolf
02-13-2009, 01:01 PM
Make a triple scarf and include Bayern Munich :D

Parkdale
02-13-2009, 01:04 PM
compared to the mock 'Canada-Argentina' jersey I made once, this would be child's play!

ginkster88
02-13-2009, 01:14 PM
Dude, I hate arse-nal but if executed properly it would look great. Take it to a seamstress or even ask a tailor for some advice. I can envision what you have in mind and it's a good concept. Good luck!

Damien
02-13-2009, 01:24 PM
compared to the mock 'Canada-Argentina' jersey I made once, this would be child's play!

Picture or it never happend.

akoto
02-13-2009, 01:43 PM
I'm a Gunner too but this sounds like an EPIC FAIL in the making.

http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/3143/failnw7.png

Hitcho
02-13-2009, 02:01 PM
There's no place for an arsenal scarf at BMO Field. Or a manc utd scarf, or any other scarf except TFC. I know we're all soccer fans, but at some point people need to embrace this team as their own, and not some side project that they go to when they're not "supporting" a foreign team. I'm not opening up the debate on following more than one club, but I do think you should keep the teams separate if you follow more than one.

Keep your arsenal scarf for cold winter days or trips back home (if you come from London), and keep your TFC scarves for match days at BMO Field.

(This sounds like a pissy post, but it's not meant to be, so sorry about that, it's just my opinion).

Toronto Gunner
02-13-2009, 02:13 PM
These scarves are for keeping warm in the winter - I'm with you 100% there. When I'm at BMO, I'm all TFC (and all man).

giambac
02-13-2009, 02:13 PM
I don't know if this is the right forum for this, but I'd like to sew two scarves together to make two different scarves. The idea would be to cut a TFC scarf in half along the long sewn edge, the one that seperates the front from the back. I'd like to then do the same with an Arsenal scarf, and reattach them so that I would have two scarves that have TFC on one side, and Arsenal on the other. Does anybody know if this is possible? I don't if the innards are intertwined at all and if this would just end up ruining the scarves, so before I start, I thought I'd see if anybody here has tried this.

I ahve some holes in my socks.

can you sew them??????????:drinking:

Toronto Gunner
02-13-2009, 02:15 PM
No sir, no I cannot. To be honest, I can't sew at all, but the wife ain't too bad with the ol' singer...

PM your socks to me and I'll have her sew them up and I'll PM them back to you.

[edit] - turns out that you can't attach socks to PM's. Sorry, the socks will have to wait.

giambac
02-13-2009, 02:21 PM
No sir, no I cannot. To be honest, I can't sew at all, but the wife ain't too bad with the ol' singer...

PM your socks to me and I'll have her sew them up and I'll PM them back to you.

[edit] - turns out that you can't attach socks to PM's. Sorry, the socks will have to wait.

Okay I just sent them.

Ask if she can wash them also.

thanks and sorry for the trouble.

GuelphStorm2007
02-16-2009, 06:08 PM
There's no place for an arsenal scarf at BMO Field. Or a manc utd scarf, or any other scarf except TFC. I know we're all soccer fans, but at some point people need to embrace this team as their own, and not some side project that they go to when they're not "supporting" a foreign team. I'm not opening up the debate on following more than one club, but I do think you should keep the teams separate if you follow more than one.

Keep your arsenal scarf for cold winter days or trips back home (if you come from London), and keep your TFC scarves for match days at BMO Field.

(This sounds like a pissy post, but it's not meant to be, so sorry about that, it's just my opinion).
I totally agree . I do not like people wearing ManU,Juve, etc shirts but that is just me.

s2cazz
02-16-2009, 09:57 PM
I totally agree . I do not like people wearing ManU,Juve, etc shirts but that is just me.
I agree... I was born an inter fan and i would never even dream of going to BMO with anything other than TFC gear...I am there for the love of the sport...the love of TFC...and the hope that one day I'll be able to watch a game at BMO thats on the same level as Europe.. Even if TFC played a friendly against inter I would wear the TFC kit ( I might wear the inter kit underneath, but you wouldn't see it lol)

BFin
02-17-2009, 09:47 AM
I just sewed Marco Velez and Marshall together...they still suck.

bee dubya
02-17-2009, 11:35 AM
I'm sure this will be pretty easy to do if you can find someone with sewing/knitting skills.