Oldtimer
05-26-2008, 08:24 AM
(1) Banners:

"the entire country hates your city"

"sorry, you're not the center of the universe"

"MTL=MLS"

http://www.ultrasmontreal.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6019

(2) Beat us with the Massive:

"Nous Chantons L'Impact Allez" (they laugh at our version)

(3) Stand, Chant

http://www.ultrasmontreal.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6034&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Their supporters group is smaller than ours, but expect them to bring their "A" game.

Parkdale
05-26-2008, 08:29 AM
Their supporters group is smaller than ours, but expect them to bring their "A" game.

They will definitely be bringing their A game, but we've had a lot more practice.

SilverSamurai
05-26-2008, 08:31 AM
(1) Banners:

"the entire country hates your city"

"sorry, you're not the center of the universe"

"MTL=MLS"

http://www.ultrasmontreal.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6019

(3) Stand, Chant

http://www.ultrasmontreal.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6034&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Well atleast what they say is true... even though I don't agree with it...
They're going to be in for quite a shock if they go to BMO though...

TFC has this one! :D

stugautz
05-26-2008, 08:46 AM

Maybe we should hijack their massive.

Canadian Blue
05-26-2008, 08:51 AM
They will definitely be bringing their A game, but we've had a lot more practice.

Hasn't the Impact been around longer than TFC?

Oldtimer
05-26-2008, 08:58 AM

Supporters group started 2002, though.

Oldtimer
05-26-2008, 08:59 AM

We should "Out Massive" them!

Kevvv
05-26-2008, 09:01 AM
Well atleast what they say is true... even though I don't agree with it...

In other words... you disagree with the truth?

Should do ours in English, just for them.

Technorgasm
05-26-2008, 09:07 AM
When MTL come to BMO, they will probably be louder than the rest of the Stadium.

Away support is always more ferocious. . and unified.

The impact will win the duel between the supporters.

PROVE ME WRONG PEOPLE!

SilverSamurai
05-26-2008, 09:07 AM
In other words... you disagree with the truth?

I do, but doesn't mean I don't acknowledge it. Watch the movie "Let's all hate Toronto" and you'll see why.
But I LOVE Toronto and want to move back. My papas took me from it at 6! I don't like Cambridge much but to keep this from going off-topic I'll simply say "don't like" is a VERY nice way of saying how much I "dislike" Cambridge.

Haha do it in English! Would be a joke!:taz:

noochie
05-26-2008, 09:09 AM
Can you hear the impact sing?

Bluenose13
05-26-2008, 09:11 AM
First of all..........We are the center of the universe & everyone else can go Fuck Off :)

This is a true derby & this will the most hostile trip we will make.......No tourists on this trip if your going you need to know the words to all the songs & be ready to jump & sing your heart out for 90 minutes.

BRING YOUR "A GAME" AND NOTHING ELSE.......TOMORROW WE GO TO BATTLE.

On the road there are no supporters groups we are all red......We are all TFC

BTW.......Fuck Montreal.

graeme117
05-26-2008, 09:19 AM
First of all..........We are the center of the universe & everyone else can go Fuck Off :)

BTW.......Fuck Montreal.

QFT...

Shaughno
05-26-2008, 09:20 AM
For the massive, we will need to do it ala DC. Break the group into two sides with a seat or two empty down the middle. Then give it our all. 3 times through the enitre chant, then stop. That way there is unifed start and unified stop. No half witted chanting at the end.

Oldtimer
05-26-2008, 09:24 AM
We are the center of the universe

That would make a great banner, just for those Montreal folks! :)

Parkdale
05-26-2008, 09:25 AM

yes, but not even close to our level. You could say that Toronto Croatia has been around longer than both our teams, but good luck hearing them.

Bluenose13
05-26-2008, 09:27 AM
yes, but not even close to our level. You could say that Toronto Croatia has been around longer than both our teams, but good luck hearing them.The Ultras Montreal will be out in full force & the casuals will be right behind them.

noochie
05-26-2008, 09:31 AM

Or a literal picture of the solar system with the TFC badge in place of the sun and the Impact logo subbing for Pluto. A language-independent slap in the face :)

Billy the kid
05-26-2008, 09:46 AM
Some of the few posts on their board are months apart. I'm sure they will still be out in force though.

RYANTFC
05-26-2008, 09:51 AM
im exited for the match tomorrow and im ready to sing and jump around for 90 minutes lets hope every other tfc fan there will be doing the same.

Nodoubtguy
05-26-2008, 09:54 AM
When they start their massive, every TFC fan there should just respond "Nous Chantons Le Rough Allez!!"

SilverSamurai
05-26-2008, 09:54 AM
Or a literal picture of the solar system with the TFC badge in place of the sun and the Impact logo subbing for Pluto. A language-independent slap in the face :)

That is awesome! I like it!
Do it up!

Shaughno
05-26-2008, 09:56 AM
Not much time to 'do it up'. :lol: But if someone's willing to, definitely go for it.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
05-26-2008, 10:05 AM
Sorta like us entering into MONTREAL from TORONTO!! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx49T5WJ3vI

Shaughno
05-26-2008, 10:06 AM
Sorta like us entering into MONTREAL from TORONTO!! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx49T5WJ3vI

Qx49T5WJ3vI

Use the function man!

flatpicker
05-26-2008, 10:06 AM
I'd be up for an English Massive. Personally, if we were to sing anything in French, I think it should be something sarcastic or insulting to the folks in blue. But whatever... I'm game for anything.

Christoff
05-26-2008, 10:07 AM
lol i love how cocky all you bastards are yet RPB cant even fill a bus for tomorrows game, personally i can see montreal supporters giving you lot a run for your money at the game in montreal, mostly because it will be 200 or so TFC fans vs around 10,000 mtl fans.

Shaughno
05-26-2008, 10:09 AM
lol i love how cocky all you bastards are yet RPB cant even fill a bus for tomorrows game, personally i can see montreal supporters giving you lot a run for your money at the game in montreal, mostly because it will be 200 or so TFC fans vs around 10,000 mtl fans.

Have you been on roadtrips? Just curious. I can and have backed myself up and have been on 8 trips plus tomorrow's as well.

10k fans doesn't mean shit when they aren't singing.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
05-26-2008, 10:11 AM
Qx49T5WJ3vI

Use the function man!

wouldnt even know where to start! :)

Shaughno
05-26-2008, 10:13 AM
When you click the Reply button, there's a little youtube icon. Click it and then put the funky code in between, like this! :D

Qx49T5WJ3vI

Bluenose13
05-26-2008, 10:14 AM
Have you been on roadtrips? Just curious. I can and have backed myself up and have been on 8 trips plus tomorrow's as well.

10k fans doesn't mean shit when they aren't singing.QFT......The 250 of us that are going will make more noise than there whole stadium.........It's not cocky its confidence......Ever been on a road trip Christof ?

rocker
05-26-2008, 10:16 AM
lol i love how cocky all you bastards are yet RPB cant even fill a bus for tomorrows game,

not sure what your first point has to do with the second.

You can be cocky and still not go to the game. Some of us have jobs.

Christoff

10k fans doesn't mean shit when they aren't singing.

this is montreal, not kansas city, football actually means something to the people in montreal..

werewolf
50 of us outsung over 20,000 in LA last year, those 50 were also louder then the 300 in NY (of us). Numbers don't mean a thing.

rocker
05-26-2008, 10:18 AM
football actually means something to the people in montreal..

except when it rains on the opening day of their home season and the opening day of their new stadium... then they don't care. ;)

Christoff
05-26-2008, 10:19 AM
no but the fact that you are walking into a true football town should, listen not saying the ones going wont outsing the frenchies, I hope you do, but to be totally honest i dont think it will be a walk in the park for you.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
05-26-2008, 10:19 AM
this is montreal, not kansas city, football actually means something to the people in montreal..

from what i seen from the game vs WHITECAPS the other day!!!....id have to question that comment!

Supporters were very weak!....they'll be in awwww what 250 can do!

Shaughno
05-26-2008, 10:20 AM

Oh right I forgot, Montreal is a HUGE football city. So much so that they built a 14k seat stadium to house their hundreds of thousands of fans. :rolleyes:

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
05-26-2008, 10:22 AM
ive been told they(IMPACT) had a choice to shedule this game on a weekend ...but choosed the weeknight game instead!!!

I WONDER WHY!! :)

Shaughno
05-26-2008, 10:22 AM
no but the fact that you are walking into a true football town should, listen not saying the ones going wont outsing the frenchies, I hope you do, but to be totally honest i dont think it will be a walk in the park for you.

True football town? :rofl: You're havin' a laugh kiddo.

Regardless, nobody in here said it was going to be a walk in the park. In fact I believe many of the people have said that we need to bring our 'A' game to compete.

Christoff
05-26-2008, 10:23 AM
lol yah you are totally right montreal has no fan base what so ever, what is garber even thinking about with talks of letting them in MLS, what a moron.

Oldtimer
05-26-2008, 10:23 AM
I'd be up for an English Massive. Personally, if we were to sing anything in French, I think it should be something sarcastic or insulting to the folks in blue. But whatever... I'm game for anything.

Actually, the Massive SHOULD be in French! Although most Montrealers are bilingual, I wouldn't want a single unilingual French-speaker to doubt that WE SUPPORT OUR REDS!!!

Shaughno
05-26-2008, 10:24 AM
Did I say that? Point me to where I said, "Montreal has no fan base whatsoever"

All I said is if you think Montreal is a 'true' football town, you're havin a laugh. Sure they have fans, so does Vancouver. Are they a true football town as well?

To be completely honest, Toronto is probably the closest in Canada but we're still FAR from it as well.

noochie
05-26-2008, 10:26 AM
lol yah you are totally right montreal has no fan base what so ever, what is garber even thinking about with talks of letting them in MLS, what a moron.

Even Columbus can draw 15K on some weekends. Are they a "football town"? And yes, Garber is a moron.

Christoff
05-26-2008, 10:31 AM
so you are saying expansion to montreal wouldnt be worth while? also you need to understand im speaking in north american context, in my eyes montreal is more a football town then a lot of towns with teams in the MLS right now, and my guess is you most likly have the same opinion.
my first post was more about the attitude people seem to have, not just from this thread, but from everywhere about how easy it will be to over take montreals fans, my guess is it will be a bring your A game, or go home situation, so i was just trying to bring some realism to some peoples over inflated supporters ego, not trying to put down the job you have done or will be doing tomorrow.

noochie
05-26-2008, 10:35 AM
No one is saying expansion is not worthwhile Mr. Master of Presumption. It is based on past performances. I guess we will see tomorrow how it shakes out. And it isn't ego as the main driver, it is building a rivalry from day 1.

NF-FC
05-26-2008, 10:38 AM
lol i love how cocky all you bastards are yet RPB cant even fill a bus for tomorrows game, personally i can see montreal supporters giving you lot a run for your money at the game in montreal, mostly because it will be 200 or so TFC fans vs around 10,000 soccer moms and 20 supporters.

fixed

FluSH
05-26-2008, 10:41 AM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I wanna go on this trip.... anyone driving and coming back SAME DAY?!?!

Christoff
05-26-2008, 10:44 AM
well if there are 10,000 soccer moms, at least it will be a good looking crowed, those montreal ladys know how to keep themselves!
and i made a presumption to make a point, it kinda worked.
and agreed garber is a moron, should have used a different example in that respect.

Shaughno
05-26-2008, 10:45 AM
And before you had even made your presumption, your point was already stated. We need to bring our 'A' game, as was stated in many posts before you.

Bluenose13
05-26-2008, 10:46 AM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I wanna go on this trip.... anyone driving and coming back SAME DAY?!?!You have to make this trip......Make it happen !

H Bomb
05-26-2008, 10:47 AM
well if there are 10,000 soccer moms, at least it will be a good looking crowed, those montreal ladys know how to keep themselves!
and i made a presumption to make a point, it kinda worked.
and agreed garber is a moron, should have used a different example in that respect.

Your presumptions are largely off base....which is why you are coming across so wrong with a lot of this stuff. And Montreal women are fine looking, especially from distance. From about 3-5 feet away they look similar to here, but from 10-25 feet they are all stunning.

Shaughno
05-26-2008, 10:48 AM
Flush... is it just you?

Christoff
oh i know, it was just a matter of some people realizing my point within their own right.
on that note, have fun, dont get car bombed, and dont take any unlicenseds taxis!

Shaughno
Your presumptions are largely off base....which is why you are coming across so wrong with a lot of this stuff. And Montreal women are fine looking, especially from distance. From about 3-5 feet away they look similar to here, but from 10-25 feet they are all stunning.

It also depends on how much drinking you've been doing :lol:

Ageroo
05-26-2008, 10:49 AM
Well I plan on bringing my A game and my voice will be hoarse by the time it is done...hopefully Wednesday I will not be able to speak.....MTL has never seen anything like TFC.......we will keep them quiet by our chanting and play on the field!

Christoff
05-26-2008, 10:50 AM

my presumption was on base, but the french make fine woman, you just need to watch out for the real frenchies, you can tell them from the underarm comb overs.

Bluenose13
05-26-2008, 10:51 AM
Flush... is it just you?and 1 big fucking drum I hope :D

H Bomb
^^ it ain't race that make women hot, it's faces & bodies.

RedRum
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I wanna go on this trip.... anyone driving and coming back SAME DAY?!?!

FluSH check with hazy_venus, she is doing the same day trip and as of last night when I spoke to her there was room for one more in her car.

Christoff
05-26-2008, 10:52 AM
frenchies arnt a race, they are a nationality.

Mojo
05-26-2008, 10:52 AM
They can say "the entire country hates your city"

We should make a banner that says "at least they don't want to separate from us"

Bluenose13
05-26-2008, 10:53 AM
FluSH check with hazy_venus, she is doing the same day trip and as of last night when I spoke to her there was room for one more in her car.RR are you heading down ?

RedRum
05-26-2008, 10:57 AM
Is the drum coming anyone know? If need be I'd have room for it if it would fit in a 2002 Toyota Sienna minivan with the seats removed.

SilverSamurai
05-26-2008, 10:58 AM
FluSH check with hazy_venus, she is doing the same day trip and as of last night when I spoke to her there was room for one more in her car.

Flush: PM her to set up a ride. She said she has space for you.
Or PM me and I will give you her # since she says her computer is messed up at work.

RedRum
RR are you heading down ?

U know it!!!

Barbarez
ONTARIO > QUEBEC Banner?

Shaughno
05-26-2008, 11:00 AM
Barbie, you comin?

FluSH
05-26-2008, 11:08 AM
Flush: PM her to set up a ride. She said she has space for you.
Or PM me and I will give you her # since she says her computer is messed up at work.

PM sent to you! =)

Oldtimer
05-26-2008, 11:11 AM
They can say "the entire country hates your city"

We should make a banner that says "at least they don't want to separate from us"

Let's not go there. Seperatism is dead in Quebec, let's leave it that way.

Parkdale
05-26-2008, 11:12 AM
In fact I believe many of the people have said that we need to bring our 'A' game to compete.

there's no point in bringing anything less than the best.

SilverSamurai
05-26-2008, 11:15 AM
PM sent to you! =)

PM responded.

SilverSamurai
05-26-2008, 11:15 AM
Let's not go there. Seperatism is dead in Quebec, let's leave it that way.

Agreed.
leave politics at the door.

OneLoveOneEric
05-26-2008, 11:27 AM
I actually think politics are perfect and fun for an occasion like this. Big ass banners, like
"JUST SEPARATE ALREADY"

or

"I VOTED OUI"

would make me laugh out loud.....
can't take that kind of shit too personally.

FluSH
05-26-2008, 11:52 AM
^^^^

"I voted OUI"

BHAHAHAHA that is hilarious!

Shaughno
05-26-2008, 12:10 PM
I actually think politics are perfect and fun for an occasion like this. Big ass banners, like
"JUST SEPARATE ALREADY"

or

"I VOTED OUI"

I think it depends on the situation you're aiming at. In this instance, definitely funny but I wouldn't dare make a banner about 9/11 in NY or anywhere in the US for that matter. What I would do, is make a VOTE OBAMA banner. ;)

OneLoveOneEric
05-26-2008, 12:12 PM
^^^^Of course.
Totally different situations, though.

Shaughno
05-26-2008, 12:17 PM
I agree, but got my point across about when and when not to delve into the politics when it comes to footy. :)

Someone should paint a banner tonight... I voted OUI! :lol: That one is amazing.

Shaughno
05-26-2008, 12:17 PM
Btw, we need some 'battle' chants for the Impact.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
05-26-2008, 12:19 PM
Rumor has it..AMADO GUEVARA will not join TFC in montreal!!! He has left for MIAMI to join HIS COUNTRY for WC QUALY!

Shaughno
05-26-2008, 12:20 PM
Cunny will probably start in his place IMO.

TicTacTabarnack
05-26-2008, 12:23 PM
I agree, but got my point across about when and when not to delve into the politics when it comes to footy. :)

Someone should paint a banner tonight... I voted OUI! :lol: That one is amazing.

If anyone asks ... I voted OUI for Montreal to separate from the USL and join the MLS :p ... LOL

Sab0tage
05-26-2008, 12:34 PM
I'm really gutted I can't make the trip tomorrow. I was really pumped for going when I heard about the Canada Cup games, but the fact it's on a weekday and I'm still in school makes it difficult. I hope you guys do good, though. I also hope a decent amount of Montreal fans make it to the game in Toronto.

Heathen
05-26-2008, 12:50 PM
"Have you paid for the Olympics yet"

smeghead
05-26-2008, 01:12 PM
"A" game: check
Flag : check
empty stomach for Poutine gourging and Rib munching : check , check.
bringing the mask for good luck, and to scare soccer kids thatll most likely inhabit most of the stadium. Have never lost an away game that i went to with the mask on.

Montreal dont have a chance.

Rawkus_420
05-26-2008, 01:21 PM
to lets hope everyone other tfc fan their will be doing the same.

Say it in english please. Or at least just check your spelling to ensure you've used appropriate tenses. I cringed when I read this.

Pearce321
05-26-2008, 01:23 PM
haha, knowing them they'll do the massive better then us. They're French!

Shaughno
05-26-2008, 01:28 PM
That's fine, they can have the massive and we can have the MLS. ;)

Chevy
05-26-2008, 02:17 PM

How about one that says "You should have voted YES".

Bobo
05-26-2008, 02:22 PM

That would sound ridiculous...

....GREAT IDEA!

tfctillidie
05-26-2008, 02:39 PM
when they start their massive... Qu'est que vous chantez?

everyone hijacks it with a loud Nous chantons les rouges allez!!!

Shaughno
05-26-2008, 02:44 PM
^^FANTASTIC IDEA!!

That's what we did in DC when they started the pop goes the world chant. :lol: Dichio, dichio, Danny Dichioooooo haha

Hooligan69
05-26-2008, 02:45 PM
When MTL come to BMO, they will probably be louder than the rest of the Stadium.

PROVE ME WRONG PEOPLE!

So you're saying we will be drowned out at BMO? :mad:

Nodoubtguy
05-26-2008, 02:47 PM

See my post on the first page of this thread with the exact same idea....YOU DAMN THIEF!!! :taz:

Hahahaha

Heathen
05-26-2008, 02:54 PM
So you're saying we will be drowned out at BMO? :mad:

i think its thinly veiled reverse psychology

Rawkus_420
05-26-2008, 03:19 PM
i think its thinly veiled reverse psychology

Too dumb that down a shade since you didnt understand the original post...he is trying to entice us to be LOUD.:rolleyes5:

RealG-TFC
05-26-2008, 04:02 PM

That's definately the best idea. You guys should bring an Ontario flag

tfctillidie
05-26-2008, 04:05 PM
See my post on the first page of this thread with the exact same idea....YOU DAMN THIEF!!! :taz:

Hahahaha

my bad I just pretty much read the first post and then replied...haha great minds think alike

credit to Nodoubtguy for a brilliant idea

Shaughno
05-26-2008, 04:21 PM
That's definately the best idea. You guys should bring an Ontario flag

Also a fantastic idea.

RYANTFC
05-26-2008, 04:27 PM
Say it in english please. Or at least just check your spelling to ensure you've used appropriate tenses. I cringed when I read this.

lol ya my bad, I meant to just say every, but I put everyone by mistake.

nfitz
05-26-2008, 04:42 PM
"I VOTED OUI""Upper Canada is Best". :canada:

Marc"2L"
05-26-2008, 04:58 PM
Fuck I'm french and I hate that goddamn city..

Or at least some of the people in it. Roommate last year was from Montreal. Most stuck up son of a bitch I've ever met. Tried to make it seem like Montreal was the center of anything good thats ever come out of this country.

Give em hell.

tfctillidie
05-26-2008, 05:06 PM
i hate that city as well...I was in a hotel on Avenue Du Parc...it was 3 am and most of the places to get food are close, but I was hungry coming back from a night out..the only thing open was this gas station across the street and the person that was working wouldn't open the door for me, I was trying to tell him Im going to buy some food, he was saying something in french back at me...he wouldn't let me in coz I dont speak french

nfitz
05-26-2008, 05:23 PM
Fuck I'm french and I hate that goddamn city..Most French Quebeckers seem to hate Montreal too. I've never figured out why the French have so much hatred ...

RealG-TFC
05-26-2008, 05:29 PM
Most French Quebeckers seem to hate Montreal too. I've never figured out why the French have so much hatred ...

LOL

Tc78yPv_ztM

Bobo
05-26-2008, 05:32 PM

I like it. Especially since Massive isnt done as well on road trips.

Or at least some of the people in it. Roommate last year was from Montreal. Most stuck up son of a bitch I've ever met. Tried to make it seem like Montreal was the center of anything good thats ever come out of this country.

Give em hell.

Ironic?

etro
05-26-2008, 05:55 PM

PROVE ME WRONG PEOPLE!

This guy is hilarious.

Mrs. Workie
05-26-2008, 10:06 PM

Umm, why don't you see how many people are driving/flying/taking the train from DC, then come back and talk to us. It's not all about the bus man.

Roogsy
05-26-2008, 10:10 PM

We make every supporters group bring their "A" game. That says something about us. Regardless of what they say, their envy is obvious.

And I love it.

Roogsy
05-26-2008, 10:13 PM

Give em hell.

For all the arrogance that people outside of Toronto claim Torontonians have...in my travels around the world, Montreal is THE most arrogant city I have ever visited...I wish I was exaggerating. Many people in that city walk around like their shit don't smell and do nothing but hate on Toronto. Which is funny because if you ever speak to a Torontonian about Montreal, they rarely say anything bad. Montrealers have such a chip on their shoulders about us it's hilarious. Like a baby brother always wanting to prove himself to his big brother.

FluSH
05-26-2008, 10:19 PM
"I voted Oui"

Bhahahha I'm still laughing at that one!

TFC07
05-26-2008, 10:20 PM
For all the arrogance that people outside of Toronto claim Torontonians have...in my travels around the world, Montreal is THE most arrogant city I have ever visited...I wish I was exaggerating. Many people in that city walk around like their shit don't smell and do nothing but hate on Toronto. Which is funny because if you ever speak to a Torontonian about Montreal, they rarely say anything bad. Montrealers have such a chip on their shoulders about us it's hilarious. Like a baby brother always wanting to prove himself to his big brother.

They're just mad because Toronto is king of Canada now. Montreal used to be the shit back in the days, but now, Toronto runs the show (Canada). This rivalry kind of reminds me of DC-NYC rivalry.

Mrs. Workie
05-26-2008, 10:20 PM
We make every supporters group bring their "A" game.

If you're not brining your A-Game- stay home. We don't want tourists. If you want a vacation- go on your own.

'Nuff Said.

RYANTFC
05-26-2008, 10:21 PM
we should make a chant using the words "I voted OUI"...

FluSH
05-26-2008, 10:24 PM
If you're not brining your A-Game- stay home. We don't want tourists. If you want a vacation- go on your own.

'Nuff Said.

?! Was that quote directed at Roogsy? The Man's middle name is A mothfucking Game.

Anyhow... I'm going to wear a T-shirt that says Tourist next time just for you ;P

Phil
05-26-2008, 10:25 PM
Toronto flag and supporters flag packed.

This should be a fun game :D

Mrs. Workie
05-26-2008, 10:27 PM
?! Was that quote directed at Roogsy? The Man's middle name is A mothfucking Game.

Anyhow... I'm going to wear a T-shirt that says Tourist next time just for you ;P

Not at all! Roogsy knows I love him (but don't tell his wifey!) There have been a few instances (AKA New York Last Year), where I felt people were there cuz it was a cheap trip to an awesome city. Stay at home. The team needs supporters, not those in it for a cheap trip.

Roogsy
05-26-2008, 10:27 PM

'Nuff Said.

LOL! Dunno who the tourists are, but I was talking about the supporters of our opponents.

Every place we visit, the local supporters all of a sudden get organized and make a show of it. Like Columbus...all of a sudden, there are hundreds of them that were never there before and are extra "motivated". That is the effect we have had on this league and Garber should be thanking his lucky stars they had the dumb luck to think to put a team in Toronto, because it has moved MLS support years ahead of where they were.

And yeah, it sounds arrogant. But it's the truth.

FluSH
05-26-2008, 10:28 PM
Not at all! Roogsy knows I love him (but don't tell his wifey!) There have been a few instances (AKA New York Last Year), where I felt people were there cuz it was a cheap trip to an awesome city. Stay at home. The team needs supporters, not those in it for a cheap trip.

I hear you... I'm still going to wear a T-shirt that says Tourist at one of these roadtrips.... it will be hilarious LOL

Bluenose13
05-26-2008, 10:29 PM

'Nuff Said.
And well said :D

Mrs. Workie
05-26-2008, 10:30 PM
I hear you... I'm still going to wear a T-shirt that says Tourist at one of these roadtrips.... it will be hilarious LOL

Or even better..."what's Soccer?" or "Toronto Who?"

alexintoronto
05-26-2008, 10:30 PM
Too dumb that down a shade since you didnt understand the original post...he is trying to entice us to be LOUD.:rolleyes5:

http://www.englishrules.com/writing/2005/to-and-too.php

Phil
05-26-2008, 10:31 PM

Ya sign me up for that after the last trip.

Furthest thing from the truth which makes it even better. :D

Bluenose13
05-26-2008, 10:31 PM
LOL! Dunno who the tourists are, but I was talking about the supporters of our opponents.

Every place we visit, the local supporters all of a sudden get organized and make a show of it. Like Columbus...all of a sudden, there are hundreds of them that were never there before and are extra "motivated". That is the effect we have had on this league and Garber should be thanking his lucky stars they had the dumb luck to think to put a team in Toronto, because it has moved MLS support years ahead of where they were.

And yeah, it sounds arrogant. But it's the truth.You sir are 100% correct.

Bluenose13
05-26-2008, 10:33 PM
How about......Oh when the reds,Oh when the reds,Oh when the reds.......I thought flush was going to shit himself right there on the spot.

koryo
05-26-2008, 10:33 PM
Do a banner that simply says "1759".

That should piss them right off :)

Marc"2L"
05-26-2008, 10:34 PM
Next thing we'll do is make a big fucking deal out of winning the supporters shield and suddenly the supporters shield becomes bigger then the MLS cup to the rest of the league...

Roogsy
05-26-2008, 10:45 PM
"Have you paid for the Olympics yet"

The political burns are ok...but they have nothing to do with sport or footy.

This one I like...especially since we will be playing in the shadow of the decaying Olympic stadium. I hope somebody did this...

LOL!

Draracle
05-26-2008, 11:32 PM
Do a banner that simply says "1759".

That should piss them right off :)

Add in some cheer about boys in red marching their streets again...

jloome
05-27-2008, 12:38 AM
How about a "you can stick your..."chant"

"You can stick your referendums up your arse,
you can stick your referendums up your arse,
you can stick your referendum
you can stick your referendums up your arse"

VPjr
05-27-2008, 12:52 AM
I'm curious to see just how many Montreal fans will be there.

for fun, I just tried to buy 12 tickets together in 1 row, best seats available, and it gave me row 11, midfield...no problem.

Will there even be 10,000 people in the stadium in total? I'm starting to wonder.

see you guys down there travellers.

Shaughno
05-27-2008, 06:18 AM
Good to know VPjr, sounds like you can get tickets in a few places around the stadium still. :lol: 'football town' my ass. :rofl:

Kooper
05-27-2008, 06:51 AM
(1) Banners:

"MTL=MLS"

We should have a banner that says:
TFC + MTL = MLS

To show some support for a good old fashioned Derby. (inter-provincial as it may be)

Shaughno
05-27-2008, 06:52 AM
Or a banner that says,

Montreal 4 MLS

So we can beat you more often

Kooper
05-27-2008, 06:54 AM
How about a "you can stick your..."chant"

"You can stick your referendums up your arse,
you can stick your referendums up your arse,
you can stick your referendums up your arse"

If we wanted to get political I was thinking doing the massive like this:

Quesque vous chantez?
Nous esperons que vous separez

What are you singing?
We hope you separate

But then again who wants to break up Canada?

Kooper
05-27-2008, 06:55 AM
Or a banner that says,

Montreal 4 MLS

So we can beat you more often

It would be best if after the game it was followed by a chant:

Can we play you every week!

Shaughno
05-27-2008, 06:58 AM
If we wanted to get political I was thinking doing the massive like this:

Quesque vous chantez?
Nous esperons que vous separez

What are you singing?
We hope you separate

But then again who wants to break up Canada?

It doesn't have the same flow though.

I fully support the other suggestion!

Can we play you
Can we play you
Caaaaaaan we play you every week?
Caaan we play you every week?!

SilverSamurai
05-27-2008, 07:46 AM
We should have a banner that says:
TFC + MTL = MLS

To show some support for a good old fashioned Derby. (inter-provincial as it may be)

I'm pumped about this game (and pissed off I won't be able to go) but this is as close to a derby that you'll find on this side of the Atlantic!

cuecas_red
05-27-2008, 08:30 AM
how about this chant....

cette merde est la nôtre, ALLEZ ALLEZ
and repeat

basic translation is This shit is ours....
:canada:

Bluenose13
05-27-2008, 08:31 AM
I'm curious to see just how many Montreal fans will be there.

for fun, I just tried to buy 12 tickets together in 1 row, best seats available, and it gave me row 11, midfield...no problem.

Will there even be 10,000 people in the stadium in total? I'm starting to wonder.

see you guys down there travellers.The stadium holds 13,000 & they have sold just over 11,000 tickets so far......If the weather is nice they expect a sell out with a good walk up crowd.

Iguy
05-27-2008, 08:41 AM

please do that.
Toronto might not be the center of the universe...but we are the most important part

cuecas_red
05-27-2008, 08:57 AM
how about this chant....

and repeat

Here is it in Portuguese

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1wpUvnDB68

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0pvsHT8spc

Oldtimer
05-27-2008, 08:57 AM
how about this chant....

and repeat

Doesn't really work. Keep trying, though.

Shaughno
05-27-2008, 09:02 AM
We can always bust into...

"Mange de la merde" to the tune of Guantanamera :D

cuecas_red
05-27-2008, 09:05 AM
Doesn't really work. Keep trying, though. why doesn't it work? sorry my french isn't the greatest just curious as to where it goes wrong...

Shaughno
05-27-2008, 09:06 AM
I personally can't figure out the tune...

Oldtimer
05-27-2008, 09:27 AM
why doesn't it work? sorry my french isn't the greatest just curious as to where it goes wrong...

"Sh*t" doesn't have the same colloquial connotation in French.

Oldtimer
05-27-2008, 09:31 AM
Try this:

"Nous allons gagné, ALLEZ, ALLEZ!"

We will win!

Boschmeister
05-27-2008, 10:50 AM
yes, but not even close to our level. You could say that Toronto Croatia has been around longer than both our teams, but good luck hearing them.

Been around since 1956.

If you want to hear Toronto Croatia fans just go to a game against the Serbian White Eagles. I went to a game at Lamport a while back and the few hundred fans (both sides supporters) along with a fire show made it sound like there was few thousand fans at the game. I would say its way beyond a rivalry and some ugly stuff does happen but there is definitely a lot of passion.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XIEwFsFQy6w&feature=related

Denis
05-27-2008, 02:40 PM
"You're only here to see Toronto"

SilverSamurai
05-27-2008, 02:51 PM
"We'll give trade you CV2 for some poutine!"

jamesready
05-27-2008, 03:14 PM
et y sont où, et y sont où et y sont où les montréalais?
(and where are the Montrealers?)
QVxOguGeLDk

qui ne saute pas est montréal-ais (starts about 13 secs into the video)
(he who doesn't jump is a Montrealer/he who doesn't fuck is a Montrealer)
TTiLlDEvcu0

Impact, Impact, on t'encule!
es0iFzyQh_c

Captain Croatia
05-27-2008, 03:17 PM
Lets own these Quebecers! How many RPB's are attending, i got 2 tickets in 112!:):)

SilverSamurai
05-27-2008, 03:39 PM
et y sont où, et y sont où et y sont où les montréalais?
(and where are the Montrealers?)
QVxOguGeLDk

qui ne saute pas est montréal-ais (starts about 13 secs into the video)
(he who doesn't jump is a Montrealer/he who doesn't fuck is a Montrealer)
TTiLlDEvcu0

Impact, Impact, on t'encule!
es0iFzyQh_c

Where are those chants from?
France?

jamesready
05-27-2008, 03:50 PM
The 1st one is Bordeaux fans against Lyon, 2nd is PSG-OM at the Parc des Princes
and the 3rd one is PSG chanting against Marseille again.

SilverSamurai
05-27-2008, 05:02 PM
The 1st one is Bordeaux fans against Lyon, 2nd is PSG-OM at the Parc des Princes
and the 3rd one is PSG chanting against Marseille again.

Cool thanks.
You know it's bad when the French don't even like Quebecers or Montrealers in this case! Unless their's a Montreal in France...:noidea::confused:

giambac
05-27-2008, 05:07 PM
"JUST SEPARATE ALREADY"

or

"I VOTED OUI"

The thing is most people in Montreal voted no. Residents of Montreal don't want to seperate . It's the hardcore frenchmen from Quebec City who voted oui.

jamesready
05-27-2008, 05:44 PM
Cool thanks.
You know it's bad when the French don't even like Quebecers or Montrealers in this case! Unless their's a Montreal in France...:noidea::confused:

The videos aren't anti-Montreal- we'd just have to replace lyonnais or marseillais with montrealais and it'd work. Just some suggestions of what we could do if people wanted to chant in French, but perfecting "qu'est-ce que vous chantez" is probably a big enough task for now.

SilverSamurai
05-27-2008, 05:55 PM
The videos aren't anti-Montreal- we'd just have to replace lyonnais or marseillais with montrealais and it'd work. Just some suggestions of what we could do if people wanted to chant in French, but perfecting "qu'est-ce que vous chantez" is probably a big enough task for now.

Ahh ok! I get ya! Makes sense!

TFC RealDeal RPB
05-27-2008, 06:21 PM
Thats great