PDA

View Full Version : Today’s News, Friday , Feb.13

denime
02-13-2009, 06:28 AM
Mornin'

It's Friday 13th,take it easy today,no need for internet violence ;)

Very slow day for TFC news,if you find some please post it here.

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/)

Note: Picture #5 & 6 are the best,I wish all of them where like that.

Ossington Mental Youth
02-13-2009, 06:39 AM
Lets hope we get our CB today.
I kinda think ive already jinxed us HA

Luanda
02-13-2009, 07:28 AM
Starving!

Luanda
02-13-2009, 07:40 AM
Ah well...
Montreal Impact is arriving this afternoon from Italy, where it has spent the last few weeks continuing to prepare for its game against Santos later this month. The venue for this match, the BIG O, is expected to have 50,000 plus spectators attending. Rumors that such a large crowd is made up primarily of Mexicans coming in from the US and local school kids who have been handed free tickets continue to be vehemently denied by both Impact and Big O officials.

OMG: sacrilege!

daner90
02-13-2009, 08:01 AM
I am convinced I could be a SSG now and I am big dude...

ditto on the CB Ossington

rocker
02-13-2009, 08:31 AM
what a face

Nodoubtguy
02-13-2009, 08:33 AM

Why??? for the love of all that is good , why???

Mrs. Workie
02-13-2009, 08:40 AM

You really know how to kill a girl's good mood don't you.....:p

Ageroo
02-13-2009, 08:44 AM

Non-Internet violence is still socially acceptable though right? :D

Redcoe15
02-13-2009, 08:48 AM

That, and a paper bag over her head! :ack2:

Stouffville_RPB
02-13-2009, 08:54 AM
Morning Denime

SSG = :puke:

Keem-o-sabi where are u?

Oldtimer
02-13-2009, 09:00 AM
MONTREAL – The Montreal Impact announced Friday it had sold more than 42,000 tickets for the quarterfinal game of the CONCACAF Champions League, on February 25, at Olympic Stadium. With this milestone, the Impact has established a new sales record for a CONCACAF game. In 2005, approximately 40,000 people had assisted to the Champions Cup final game between Pumas UNAM (Mexico) and Deportivo Saprissa (Costa Rica).

“Less than two weeks from the game, fans continue to demonstrate great interest for this historical game,” said Montreal Impact Executive Vice President Richard Legendre. “With the team coming back to Montreal and resuming training at Olympic Stadium, we believe that interest for the match will further increase. Sales could reach unexpected levels. ”

http://www.montrealimpact.com/News/News.aspx?language=EN&ArticleID=1065&Focus=0

BFin
02-13-2009, 09:11 AM
Dichio has a new blog...

and apparently pablo vitti is the SSG.

loconet
02-13-2009, 09:11 AM
Friday 13th SSG, fitting.

SilverSamurai
02-13-2009, 09:17 AM
This can only be saved by the Page 3girl.
lol

Nuvinho
02-13-2009, 09:20 AM
I think next week we will hear news on a CB. The reason being, probably because they are almost finished in Florida and are back tomorrow. They will want to get all the paperwork in order next week.......just my take.

bdiddy
02-13-2009, 09:22 AM
Who picks these SSGs out? What kind of drugs do they take?!

bdiddy
02-13-2009, 09:23 AM
There's no sunshine in these girls... there's just a whole lot of ugly... bag ugly... 2 bag ugly, one for her and one for me...

JonO
02-13-2009, 09:25 AM
From the Star:

Deadline for Beckham deal could be extended (http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/587037)

Way to give the back-handed compliment, Beckham:

"For the moment it couldn't be going better. I have nothing against Galaxy – Los Angeles has been a wonderful experience – but at Milan I have found great players who have really helped me," Beckham said. "In the last month and a half, my condition has improved 100 per cent. I've worked hard, which I like."

akoto
02-13-2009, 09:40 AM
Non-Internet violence is still socially acceptable though right? :D

It's actually strongly encouraged! Bonus points if they are Impact fans. ;)

C.Ronaldo
02-13-2009, 09:44 AM
damnit, they should be handing an MLS team over to montreal on a silver platter

Ageroo
02-13-2009, 09:52 AM
It's actually strongly encouraged! Bonus points if they are Impact fans. ;)

Come on now....who else would regular non-internet violence be used on......well ok, maybe the Hudson Street Hooligans......:D

Technorgasm
02-13-2009, 10:12 AM
I have a question for you dear friends. .

Does BMO suck?

I mean. . . really. Does it?

If it was the home of one of our enemies would it be fodder to fuel our chants and disses?

I Have seen a few groundsup close and personal, and most of them via TV / Photos

Some of the lower points:
- Turf
- No Roof
- aluminum construction
- No concourse
- few bathrooms and no tough's (arrggh)

High points
- KILLER downtown / Lake / EX location!
- Toronto FC
- Full w 25K capacity

by no means is this a comprehensive + and - but. . . ..does it suck?

scooter
02-13-2009, 10:15 AM
mornin all

ssg=wtf

akoto
02-13-2009, 10:34 AM
mornin all

ssg=wtf

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/413/austin2wc4.jpg

keem-o-sabi
02-13-2009, 10:36 AM
Coed daily hottie (http://coedmagazine.com/category/girls/daily-snapshot-girls-2/), ask and you shall receive stouffville

TFC Cityboy
02-13-2009, 10:39 AM
I vote we ditch the SSG and just upload the hotties from this site?
phwoaaar!

Steve
02-13-2009, 10:42 AM

Does BMO suck?

If it was the home of one of our enemies would it be fodder to fuel our chants and disses?

I Have seen a few groundsup close and personal, and most of them via TV / Photos

- Turf
- No Roof
- aluminum construction
- No concourse

High points
- Toronto FC
- Full w 25K capacity

The short answer is... yes. Don't get me wrong, I love BMO, but I love it because it's ours, not because it's good. Really, the only redeeming factor is the location (the other two factors you mention have nothing to do with the venue itself, plus the capacity is only 20k). The construction is plain, the corners are empty, and the roof is non-existant.

As for the turf, I used to be OK with it, but I've started to turn. Mostly my change of heart came from playing on it this winter. Don't get me wrong, it's fine for the level of play I'm using it for (plus I'm playing ultimate, so there is no "roll" problems); my problem comes from the very fact I am using it at all. Turf can be playable, but it gets worn down, a lot. BMO is booked by someone for probably more than 12 hours a day. There is no way the turf can stand up to that without taking a severe beating. Community access is great and all, but it doesn't fit in with a pro sports team.

Roogsy
02-13-2009, 11:00 AM
The short answer is... yes. Don't get me wrong, I love BMO, but I love it because it's ours, not because it's good. Really, the only redeeming factor is the location (the other two factors you mention have nothing to do with the venue itself, plus the capacity is only 20k). The construction is plain, the corners are empty, and the roof is non-existant.

As for the turf, I used to be OK with it, but I've started to turn. Mostly my change of heart came from playing on it this winter. Don't get me wrong, it's fine for the level of play I'm using it for (plus I'm playing ultimate, so there is no "roll" problems); my problem comes from the very fact I am using it at all. Turf can be playable, but it gets worn down, a lot. BMO is booked by someone for probably more than 12 hours a day. There is no way the turf can stand up to that without taking a severe beating. Community access is great and all, but it doesn't fit in with a pro sports team.

True.

And if our opposing fans were smart in any way, they would have pointed out all the faults of BMO a long time ago. But as it is, we have yet to have found a witty group of away fans at BMO yet. And that is ok with me.

mlsintoronto
02-13-2009, 11:12 AM

Does BMO suck?

- Turf
- No Roof
- aluminum construction
- No concourse

High points
- Toronto FC
- Full w 25K capacity

I agree on the concourse and washrooms...I think no one really believed the place would ever be full...and if they did imagine it to be full, they designed it to accommodate 20,000 average Toronto fans - not TFC fans (ie, using the concourse at any time during the game). Instead we have 20,000 people trying to buy beer and pee during a 15-minute window. No stadium can handle that! Last year we took a few Women's washrooms and changed the sign to "mens" - that took a bit of pressure off but not much.

and to me a BMO Field that is full is way better than an empty palace (a la RB Park). The really annoying thing to me is that I firmly believe that they could sell that place out if they knew what they were doing. instead they are focused on moving cans of RB.

My $0.02

keem-o-sabi
02-13-2009, 11:13 AM
I don't think we would have gotten this stadium if we couldn't use it year-round. Wasn't that part of the deal to get the money from the govt? To make it a public facility that would be ours to use as well?

That is always the reason that grass isn't installed, due to it being a govt facility that has to be in use year-round, right?

Wagner
02-13-2009, 11:14 AM
I agree on the concourse and washrooms...I think no one really believed the place would ever be full...and if they did imagine it to be full, they designed it to accommodate 20,000 average Toronto fans - not TFC fans (ie, using the concourse at any time during the game). Instead we have 20,000 people trying to buy beer and pee during a 15-minute window. No stadium can handle that! Last year we took a few Women's washrooms and changed the sign to "mens" - that took a bit of pressure off but not much.

and to me a BMO Field that is full is way better than an empty palace (a la RB Park). The really annoying thing to me is that I firmly believe that they could sell that place out if they knew what they were doing. instead they are focused on moving cans of RB.

My $0.02

Zing!!
(is this as close as we're going to get Mr. Paul saying the RBs are Shite??)

With the whole single entity, why doesn't Garber force them to take on the TFC model?

Beach_Red
02-13-2009, 11:21 AM
Life is timing. We all know that if this stadium hadn't been built by three levels of government and if the franchise fee hadn't been so cheap, there'd be no team.

Imagine, if there was no stadium and a $40 million franchise fee, no one in Toronto would be stepping up to pay it.

But now that we just snuck in at the last minute we have a foundation to build on.

Steve
02-13-2009, 11:23 AM

My $0.02

I agree with you Paul, a full BMO is better than an empty RBA. But wouldn't a full BMO-that-looked-like-RBA be better than a full BMO-as-it-is? I understand everything that went into it. I understand how politics are involved, and how it wouldn't have been built without concessions. Trust me, I get that; but, can't we now move forward? Can't we now say "well, TFC is much more popular than we ever thought it would be, let's work towards making a stadium that represents that"? I'm not saying that isn't already in the works, but you can certainly understand TFC fans right now looking at a place like RBA and wishing we could have us one of those (especially considering how much more money we generate).

Roogsy
02-13-2009, 11:27 AM

My $0.02

I'd have to agree Paul.

But just one suggestion.

Grass or a roof. Believe me...it would go a LONG way to appeasing the fans, overcoming some of BMO's faults and making the experience even better! Just one. Get'r done!

ben_vw
02-13-2009, 11:39 AM
Some MLS news...

http://www.tfcconnected.com/2009/02/training-notes-february-13-2009.html

Parkdale
02-13-2009, 11:45 AM
Instead we have 20,000 people trying to buy beer and pee during a 15-minute window. No stadium can handle that!

like I've been saying for the past two years....

If people didn't line up across the concourse, things would be SOOO much better. It doesn't take much to make lines work. A few low barricades and your set. Hell.... we're Canadians! We love an orderly lineup!

http://homepage.mac.com/papatony/2007-06-30-iPhone/Waiting-Line.jpg

^^^^ see? they line up WITH the direction of the room, instead of across it!

canadian_bhoy
02-13-2009, 11:59 AM
I think there are 2 ways of looking at BMO - BMO as a Building vs. BMO as home of TFC.

Obviously from a BMO home of TFC standpoint, it's great! It's right downtown, it's intimate and exciting and some of the views from the west deck of both the pitch and of Toronto are amazing.

From a BMO as a facility standpoint - it's not that great, for all the previously mentioned reasons.

Would I take a full skeleton BMO over an empty RB's style facility?

....I'll take a full RB's style BMO please.

Sonny Cheeba
02-13-2009, 12:13 PM
did techno just put out a call for piss troughs? yuck. i'm happy with urinals. less likely to get someone else's spray all up in my grill.

Stouffville_RPB
02-13-2009, 12:14 PM
I think there are 2 ways of looking at BMO - BMO as a Building vs. BMO as home of TFC.

Obviously from a BMO home of TFC standpoint, it's great! It's right downtown, it's intimate and exciting and some of the views from the west deck of both the pitch and of Toronto are amazing.

From a BMO as a facility standpoint - it's not that great, for all the previously mentioned reasons.

Would I take a full skeleton BMO over an empty RB's style facility?

....I'll take a full RB's style BMO please.

Obviously. I don't think you would find anyone arguing with you there.

canadian_bhoy
02-13-2009, 12:21 PM
did techno just put out a call for piss troughs? yuck. i'm happy with urinals. less likely to get someone else's spray all up in my grill.

I agree. piss troughs are nasty.

You know when you get on the subway and its full, but there's always that one person who thinks "bah, I can get in there".

Well...the same thing happens with troughs....think about it.

Parkdale
02-13-2009, 12:23 PM
less likely to get someone else's spray all up in my grill.

umm.... why would your face be close to that thing anyway?

canadian_bhoy
02-13-2009, 12:25 PM

How else you gonna brush your teeth?

Sonny Cheeba
02-13-2009, 12:29 PM

i said spray not stream. but i was also just looking for a place to say "all up in my grill". when really it will just go all over my hands and chest and my weiner and whatever. i'm fine with my pee, but i dont want someone's coffee all over me.

and C_B know's what i'm talking about. a lot of people might not have been in a piss trough situation with a bunch of hammered dudes who will basically push their way in and declare war with a swordfight. well maybe the last part isn't true.

TorCanSoc
02-13-2009, 12:35 PM
^Troughs!! Ahhh the joys of Varsity stadium. Enjoying the Toronto Lnyx taking my 7 year old nephew to a game. "What's that sport, you need hit the loo? OK lets go". Holy crap!!! Troughs!!!!! WTF!. Nothing more fun, than holding your nephew by the armpits trying not touch him, aiming his privates toward what seemed like a moving trough. Needless to say he missed his target. :yikes:

BFin
02-13-2009, 12:36 PM
i said spray not stream. but i was also just looking for a place to say "all up in my grill". when really it will just go all over my hands and chest and my weiner and whatever. i'm fine with my pee, but i dont want someone's coffee all over me.

and C_B know's what i'm talking about. a lot of people might not have been in a piss trough situation with a bunch of hammered dudes who will basically push their way in and declare war with a swordfight. well maybe the last part isn't true.
Not to harp on it, but again, why would their pee be all over your hands and chest from a piss trough? That would have to be a fire hose like sprayback to hit you in the chest.
Are you just looking for a little R.Kelly action at BMO?

Mark in Ottawa
02-13-2009, 12:37 PM
Who could be expected to fund an upgrade to BMO field?
TFC as the main tenant?
The City as the owner who is expected to have the facility meet the needs of its users?

A combination of funds and ideas from both?

Sonny Cheeba
02-13-2009, 01:04 PM
Not to harp on it, but again, why would their pee be all over your hands and chest from a piss trough? That would have to be a fire hose like sprayback to hit you in the chest.
Are you just looking for a little R.Kelly action at BMO?

numerous drunks, peeing, and troughs are not a good mix. just think about it for a bit.

sprayback can happen with ease. i'm not looking for R.Kelly action, i'm looking to avoid it!

plus i just don't like rubbing shoulders with the guy next to me. people do try to push into busy troughs. they do.

you can have your trough. if you like....

TFCREDNWHITE
02-13-2009, 01:25 PM
MONTREAL – The Montreal Impact announced Friday it had sold more than 42,000 tickets for the quarterfinal game of the CONCACAF Champions League, on February 25, at Olympic Stadium. With this milestone, the Impact has established a new sales record for a CONCACAF game. In 2005, approximately 40,000 people had assisted to the Champions Cup final game between Pumas UNAM (Mexico) and Deportivo Saprissa (Costa Rica).

“Less than two weeks from the game, fans continue to demonstrate great interest for this historical game,” said Montreal Impact Executive Vice President Richard Legendre. “With the team coming back to Montreal and resuming training at Olympic Stadium, we believe that interest for the match will further increase. Sales could reach unexpected levels. ”

Awesome!! That is really amazing for them! I'm glad they now hold the CONCACAF record.

Fuck i really wish they were in MLS so we can piss all over them!!

I bet we could put 55,000 in the Skydome!! if we were in the 1/4 final.

Roogsy
02-13-2009, 01:31 PM
As much as I hate the Impact...this is indeed good news. For them, for soccer in Montreal and for soccer in Canada. (In your face Bobo McClown!)

Toronto needs to get to these levels of the Champions League so we can sell out the Skydome and kill this record! :D

Beach_Red
02-13-2009, 01:46 PM

They don't need to be in MLS for us to piss all over them, we'll do it in the Canadian Championship this year.

And then we'll see how many tickets will sell for the quarter finals.

(yes, I'm in an optimistic mood)

But really, if Ottawa get an MLS team it may mean we're close to the tipping point for soccer in Canada. Would be sweet.

Roogsy
02-13-2009, 01:53 PM
Imagine getting to the final???

I think TFC would have to consider making it in the Skydome wouldn't it? 55k cheering on TFC...the dream we all thought wasn't possible in our lifetime could in fact happen.

I know...I know...I am getting ahead of myself. But man...imagine it!

Strikers
02-13-2009, 01:54 PM

Awesome!! That is really amazing for them! I'm glad they now hold the CONCACAF record.

There are still rumours that the Saputos have been buying their own tickets and giving them away for free ala Nashville Predators.

Ossington Mental Youth
02-13-2009, 02:14 PM
im not even worried what they think mostly because half of them are playing in NFL stadiums

ginkster88
02-13-2009, 02:17 PM
If Ottawa got a team... man we would have some seriously wild derbies. Columbus, and then possibly the two most evil sports cities as far as Toronto is concerned (depending on who you talk to) in Ottawa and Montreal... I for one loathe Ottawa over Montreal, and I know many others are the same.

BFin
02-13-2009, 03:42 PM
^^
Someone is speaking my mind.

Parkdale
02-13-2009, 03:45 PM
If Ottawa gets a team, I'll be booking my hotel in Hull.

Damien
02-13-2009, 04:07 PM
If Ottawa gets a team, I'll be booking my hotel in Hull.

Are you 18? lol

Workie
02-14-2009, 12:00 AM
ASS&ole I read this every morning and you gotta Put a disclaimer on the BLOODY SUNSHINE GIRL! Nothing like gagging... Goddam I mean there is U-G-L-Y! Well looks like the Mrs aint getting bugged tonight.... I think it turtled

Mornin'

Very slow day for TFC news,if you find some please post it here.