PDA

View Full Version : New Dichio blog

dantdot
02-13-2009, 12:59 AM
http://www.dichio24.com/blog/?p=147

Ossington Mental Youth
02-13-2009, 01:41 AM
Nice, looks like Dichio thinks highly of Frei and Vitti.
Curious to see if Edwards sticks around or if we rid of him. Ive noticed hes got a senior roster spot...

arbogast
02-13-2009, 09:00 AM
Nice, looks like Dichio thinks highly of Frei and Vitti.
Curious to see if Edwards sticks around or if we rid of him. Ive noticed hes got a senior roster spot...

I'm curious to se what they'll do too. Edwards and Cronin are supposed to be very close, I wonder if it would unsettle Cronin if Edwards was traded away?

Parkdale
02-13-2009, 09:22 AM
I wonder if it would unsettle Cronin if Edwards was traded away?

what is this? Sleep Away Camp?

Professional athletes can't let that shit bother them. They have a job to do, and if they find some emotional block that keeps them from performing (aka Cunny) then they should be sent packing.

Nuvinho
02-13-2009, 09:34 AM
Love Dichio's phrases he uses:

"Looks the business"

"turn on a sixpense sharply"

Lucky Strike
02-13-2009, 09:34 AM
Really happy to hear about Vitti and Frei performing well. On another, random note, I guess "turning on a sixpence" is the British equivalent of "turning on a dime". :D

Ossington Mental Youth
02-13-2009, 09:49 AM
what is this? Sleep Away Camp?

Professional athletes can't let that shit bother them. They have a job to do, and if they find some emotional block that keeps them from performing (aka Cunny) then they should be sent packing.

HAHA
also Cronin isnt at that point in his career where it matters to anyone, as a result it would fuck him more than help him if he were to speak out.

scooter
02-13-2009, 11:19 AM
Really happy to hear about Vitti and Frei performing well. On another, random note, I guess "turning on a sixpence" is the British equivalent of "turning on a dime". :D

you think:)

Damien
02-13-2009, 11:43 AM
I know people might scald me for this, but i'm thinking MoJo could cut Sutton to open up cap space & a canadian roster spot if Edwards/Frei really show progress.

T_Mizz
02-13-2009, 11:49 AM
There aren't really Canadian roster spots that's just w/e left when you fill the important internationals

Parkdale
02-13-2009, 11:54 AM
I know people might scald me for this, but i'm thinking MoJo could cut Sutton to open up cap space & a canadian roster spot if Edwards/Frei really show progress.

http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/Fuck_You,_I%27m_an_Anteater.jpg

SQUIRREL
02-13-2009, 11:57 AM
Damiiano, That's what I'm saying. I like Sutton and he's had some great saves but he's not the greatest goalie. We have to guys that are having a great camp and are young. The full timers are already talking highly of them and are becoming more confident in them. I think Frei starts and Edwards backs it up.

Damien
02-13-2009, 12:06 PM
^ Exactly. Sutton's distribution is probably the shittiest i've seen. The only time he connects with players is when he rolls them a light throw ahead. Sutton should focus on mentorship from Toshack and move into a coaching role IMO.

Parkdale
02-13-2009, 12:08 PM
I think Frei starts and Edwards backs it up.

seriously thinking someone who's never played for us (or at this level) should be starting?

experience does count for something.

canadian_bhoy
02-13-2009, 12:14 PM
You can't just dump your no. 1 keeper.

Last season Brian Edwards impressed at got the start over sutton in CLB. It didn't work out and Sutton ended up being huge for us all season.

I think that if Frei is the best one out there, then give him a shot - but you can't ditch your no. 1 in the meantime. Put Frei in a game, then let's see how things go.

TorCanSoc
02-13-2009, 12:15 PM
^ Sutton distribution will get worst with "hoof and pray" defenders. Sutton's the #1. The Edwards v. Columbus experiment was a lesson in throwing in someone who shows promise, but hasn't seen a professional game. Sutton's got a lot more years left in him. Goalies hit their stride post-30.

Pachuco
02-13-2009, 12:27 PM
I don't know if I can take another year of Sutton hitting me in the head in 109 when he's trying to pass the ball to his defender.

TorontoBlades
02-13-2009, 12:31 PM
the nickname Spiderman for Frei....I'm wondering here why you guys aren't all over that for a chant.....

Damien
02-13-2009, 01:01 PM
You can't just dump your no. 1 keeper.

Yeh you can't dump him... but maybe he'll loose a game and under Carver he'll "loose his shirt". Then Frei/Edwards steps in and we win 5-in-a-row.

Done switcheroni.

Ossington Mental Youth
02-13-2009, 02:17 PM
Sorry Edwards is leaving before Sutton because of inexperience and the fact hes american, im sure contract plays into it too

bee dubya
02-13-2009, 04:18 PM
^ I was thinking the same thing. If a keeper is leaving, I would think it would be Edwards before Sutton. That said, I like the fact that we have some competition for several places in the side this year.