PDA

View Full Version : Welsh Update

Debacle
02-12-2009, 09:54 AM
In case someone wanted an update on this loser.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/y/yeovil/7840677.stm

Damien
02-12-2009, 11:15 AM
If his crosses are as good as when he was with TFC, then they're bound to win at least 0 or 1 more games in 2009.

Shaughno
02-12-2009, 11:21 AM
Pretty sure this article was posted when the article was actually recent, in the Welsh thread that was actually already made. :lol:

Flashman
02-12-2009, 01:16 PM
I will always thank Welshie for one of the truly hilarious moments in TFC history (that, and Robbo's first goal for TFC celebration :lol:)

Oblio2
Welshie For England!!!!

Oldtimer
More recent news:

LEYTON ORIENT 0 YEOVIL 1

Gavin Tomlin snatched the points for the visitors with a last-gasp winner.

The sub secured a third consecutive win for the Glovers after heading home Andy Welsh's in swinging corner in the fifth minute of added time.

Until then it was a drab match, with neither side looking like winning.

Charlie Daniels had a shout for an Orient penalty turned down before Tomlin's late heroics stunned the Brisbane Road faithful.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sunday-mirror/2009/02/01/leyton-orient-0-yeovil-1-115875-21087209/

Go Yeovil! Save yourselves from relegation to League 2!!! :)

Mikey
02-12-2009, 03:36 PM
I will always thank Welshie for one of the truly hilarious moments in TFC history (that, and Robbo's first goal for TFC celebration :lol:)

I was mighty impressed with his face plant during the Chicago away game that left him with a burn mark on his forehead.....

run woody run!!

Debacle
02-12-2009, 03:50 PM
Houston Game in the cold rain ... great night ... nearly fell over when I saw Welsh score off his head ... after seeing the replay later in the week ... buddy used his shoulder and arm to score. Oh well...

Still amazed how this guy can still get away by playing for any club ...

I love his comment, you haven't seen my best yet! Like he's going to dazzle the home fans with his endless speed to nowhere, shooting and overall skill !

johnmolinaro
02-12-2009, 05:06 PM
We had a running betting pool in the press box when Welsh was with Toronto.

Every home game, we would always bet as to when he would first make one of his trademark useless runs down the wing that either led to a terrible cross or ended with him being stopped dead in his tracks and stripped of the ball by the opposing defender.

John

Flashman
02-12-2009, 05:18 PM
I was mighty impressed with his face plant during the Chicago away game that left him with a burn mark on his forehead.....

run woody run!!

Yah, that's the one :) But wasn't it in SLC? Memory is one of the first things to go :(

Damien
02-12-2009, 08:29 PM
We had a running betting pool in the press box when Welsh was with Toronto.

Every home game, we would always bet as to when he would first make one of his trademark useless runs down the wing that either led to a terrible cross or ended with him being stopped dead in his tracks and stripped of the ball by the opposing defender.

John

Who'd bet against that? :lol:

Mikey
02-12-2009, 08:39 PM
Yah, that's the one :) But wasn't it in SLC? Memory is one of the first things to go :(

I could swear it was right in front of the Toronto fans corner section in Chicago, but I could be wrong......:drinking::drinking::drinking:

TFC OZZ
02-14-2009, 11:21 AM

I remember it being in SLC as well.