02-11-2009, 10:43 PM
thanks for the scout

Jamaicanadian
02-11-2009, 10:49 PM
Action packed game!!!

Blizzard
02-11-2009, 10:52 PM
Tons of pace!

Great pass on that goal and a perfect little shot!

rocker
02-11-2009, 10:53 PM
pretty goal.. 2-0 Costa

Cambridge_Red
02-11-2009, 10:54 PM
2-0 costa rica

James Oliphant
02-11-2009, 11:13 PM
Nice chance there for El Lobo.

Cambridge_Red
02-11-2009, 11:15 PM
Kind of happy to see them losing a.) they helped knock us out b.) Wont lose Amado to world cup :D

James Oliphant
02-11-2009, 11:16 PM
And a fucking GREAT cross there...Amado looks fit.

Cambridge_Red
02-11-2009, 11:18 PM
This is a dirty game...

James Oliphant
02-11-2009, 11:19 PM
A bit, but the pace is fantastic. I'm really enjoying this.

dupont
02-11-2009, 11:21 PM
That cross a few minutes ago was killer... too bad he couldn't put the header in

Cambridge_Red
02-11-2009, 11:22 PM
I agree! makes me wonder if we could've played at this standard..

James Oliphant
02-11-2009, 11:25 PM
Amado plays in a more free role for Honduras than he does here....and that's not likely to change now that we've picked up De Ro.

James Oliphant
02-11-2009, 11:28 PM
And 2-0 is your final.

Pachuco
02-11-2009, 11:28 PM
Amado plays in a more free role for Honduras than he does here....and that's not likely to change now that we've picked up De Ro.

And that my friend, would be a big mistake!

dupont
02-11-2009, 11:31 PM
I find watching Guevera play to be a real treat when he's giving it his all and being creative.
I wish I could say that I felt he was always giving 100% last year but it didn't seem like it. He's definitely a great player though when he tries his best and really goes for it.

Pachuco
02-11-2009, 11:32 PM
I find watching Guevera play to be a real treat when he's giving it his all and being creative.
I wish I could say that I felt he was always giving 100% last year but it didn't seem like it. He's definitely a great player though when he tries his best and really goes for it.

You ever think it has something to do with coaching? I know people disagree with me, but I feel it has alot to do with our coach not knowing where to play him and how to get the best out of him.

FluSH
02-11-2009, 11:41 PM

Frustration and style of play can go along way... I'm just glad Amado wants to be here, cause let's face it... he's the type of charater to say "screw it I'm gone"

TFCREDNWHITE
02-12-2009, 10:19 AM
Yes, i'm glad they lost....I know its not nice of me, but oh well, they helped knock us out so revenge is a dish best served cold!!! LOL

jloome
02-12-2009, 10:24 AM
You ever think it has something to do with coaching? I know people disagree with me, but I feel it has alot to do with our coach not knowing where to play him and how to get the best out of him.

No. He has a long history of being sulky and withdrawn with his teams; he got along with Mo in New York but no one else, same in Chivas, same at various times at Motagua. Amado is Amado, he plays his own game. But he's never going to go all out unless his heart's in it. He's already said publicly he wants to be back playing in Honduras but has a year left on his deal.

The guy's a great talent but he's here for the cheque.

Oldtimer
02-12-2009, 10:25 AM

Considering Amado's record at other clubs, that's a little ridiculous.
He's well known for his moodiness and often bad attitude.
If Preki couldn't get anything out of him, and other coaches dumped him, Carver is already doing 1000% better.

Ossington Mental Youth
02-12-2009, 10:41 AM
I dont think hes just in it for a cheque as hes not making that much, im sure he could get alot more in Honduras on his name alone, i think he does want to leave the MLS on a high note as opposed to where he was when he left Chivas or Dallas or where ever he was... I do however believe that hes not TFC through adn through which is fine, i mean not every player we have will love the team like DeRo, Brennan or Ricketts

Ossington Mental Youth
02-12-2009, 10:43 AM
yes he is moody but he has been good for the most part ie not pulling a Ruiz every other game

TFCREDNWHITE
02-12-2009, 10:45 AM
His stated goal should be to be gunning for MVP this year!!

I will accept nothing less...

Ossington Mental Youth
02-12-2009, 10:46 AM
i hope he does it
or at least plays like it

Pachuco
02-12-2009, 10:48 AM
No. He has a long history of being sulky and withdrawn with his teams; he got along with Mo in New York but no one else, same in Chivas, same at various times at Motagua. Amado is Amado, he plays his own game. But he's never going to go all out unless his heart's in it. He's already said publicly he wants to be back playing in Honduras but has a year left on his deal.

The guy's a great talent but he's here for the cheque.

Ok there Jloome. We all know by now how much you hate Guevara. In fact, it's pretty funny that you suggest he doesn't get along with TFC players and coaches. He's had no issues whatsoever here.

You keep talking about Guevara saying he wants to leave early, I keep asking for a link but yet you can't come up with one. So until you do, I'm going to ignore your Guevara posts.

TFCREDNWHITE
02-12-2009, 11:06 AM
Ok there Jloome. We all know by now how much you hate Guevara. In fact, it's pretty funny that you suggest he doesn't get along with TFC players and coaches. He's had no issues whatsoever here.

You keep talking about Guevara saying he wants to leave early, I keep asking for a link but yet you can't come up with one. So until you do, I'm going to ignore your Guevara posts.

All i'm saying is i want WAY more contribution from him, and you should want the same too!!:cool:

Pachuco
02-12-2009, 11:09 AM
All i'm saying is i want WAY more contribution from him, and you should want the same too!!:cool:

umm...more is always better!

ExiledRed
02-12-2009, 11:25 AM
He's had no issues whatsoever here.

And why should he? he gets his paycheque.

Pachuco
02-12-2009, 11:29 AM
And why should he? he gets his paycheque.

Huh? he got his paycheque at Chivas and that wasn't enough right?

ExiledRed
02-12-2009, 11:32 AM

I don't know anything about why he left Chivas, maybe the coach asked him to put some effort into it.

Shaughno
02-12-2009, 11:32 AM

Yeah but he had personal problems with the coach. Totally different situation.

He got along well with his teammates in NY, but that didn't stop him from walking off the pitch.

Damien
02-12-2009, 11:56 AM
Correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't we sign him to a 4 year deal last year? (All being club options)

Shaughno
02-12-2009, 11:58 AM
I thought it was 2+2 as most deals seem to be...

Damien
02-12-2009, 12:00 PM
I thought it was 2+2 as most deals seem to be...

So first 2 guaranteed plus 2 club option years?

Pachuco
02-12-2009, 12:25 PM

He got along well with his teammates in NY, but that didn't stop him from walking off the pitch.

To be honest, I'm a litle lost with the discussion here. I'm the one saying he hasn't shown any problems in T.O. so what is the argument?

Jamaicanadian
02-12-2009, 12:32 PM
Frustration and style of play can go along way... I'm just glad Amado wants to be here, cause let's face it... he's the type of charater to say "screw it I'm gone"
+1

I enjoy watching AG play. I'm glad he's on our side and we dont have to face him. He's a game breaker.....

Shaughno
02-12-2009, 12:35 PM
To be honest, I'm a litle lost with the discussion here. I'm the one saying he hasn't shown any problems in T.O. so what is the argument?

I haven't seen any visible problems, nor have I heard anything about any problems. I was just stating info on his past. He and Preki had problems, which is why he left Chivas. NY, he was still a loose canoon. He seems to have matured with his age... for the most part.

Cambridge_Red
I think he has an opportunity to use his ground game expertise (passing the fucking ball) now that we are more geared for this type of play. DeRo and Vitti could be huge with Guevara.

Shaughno
^^ Agreed CR, definitely should open up our midfield a lot more.

Cambridge_Red
02-12-2009, 12:37 PM
I haven't seen any visible problems, nor have I heard anything about any problems. I was just stating info on his past. He and Preki had problems, which is why he left Chivas. NY, he was still a loose canoon. He seems to have matured with his age... for the most part.

Agreed I think he understands the league more now and whats not acceptable. Albeit hes a fiery player, we need that.

Pachuco
02-12-2009, 12:40 PM

Ah ok, so we agree :)

Shaughno
02-12-2009, 12:41 PM
Agreed I think he understands the league more now and whats not acceptable. Albeit hes a fiery player, we need that.

We do need it, I just hope he brings it to the team every week like Velez does.

Ah ok, so we agree :)

Yup! :lol:

nfitz
02-12-2009, 12:47 PM
Odd that in the TFC article (http://web.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090212&content_id=217476&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280) they note that now Wynne will return to Toronto FC - but don't mention Guevara returning ... perhaps just bad writing, as Wynne hasn't been with Toronto FC yet this season, while Guevara was in camp already.

Pachuco
02-12-2009, 02:21 PM
Odd that in the TFC article (http://web.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090212&content_id=217476&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280) they note that now Wynne will return to Toronto FC - but don't mention Guevara returning ... perhaps just bad writing, as Wynne hasn't been with Toronto FC yet this season, while Guevara was in camp already.

It specially says Wynne is joining up with TFC for the first time, I'm sure that is all there is to it.

djking2
02-12-2009, 02:31 PM
The article says Wynne will join camp 'now" Amado's coming.... eventually anyway.:)

jloome
02-12-2009, 07:55 PM

Pachuco, don't be daft mate, I've never said I hate Guevara. Ever.

The original story was that he was going home immediately:
http://www.latribuna.hn/news/48/ARTICLE/50642/2008-12-05.html

Then this one ran, saying all that Motagua has to do is give the word and he's back:
http://www.latribuna.hn/news/48/ARTICLE/52653/2008-12-31.html

Then this one ran saying he's staying in Toronto
http://www.elheraldo.hn/Ediciones/2009/01/03/Noticias/Amado-se-queda-en-Toronto

One of the stories around the time of this last one noted he has one year left (it might be this story, my spanish is lousy) but then he would be free to return to Motagua. It was on Soccer By Ives at the time as well.

So this is hardly imaginary.

However I will concede that Guevara was mad enough over suggestions he didn't want to return to MLS that he barred a reporter who had written such from interviews:

http://www.elheraldo.hn/Sintesis/Lo-mas-leido/Ediciones/2009/01/02/Noticias/Este-debe-ser-nuestro-ano

jloome
02-12-2009, 07:59 PM

All the stories I've read today in doing Pachuco's homework for him suggested his problem was with the officiating in MLS when he left New York, not the coaches. His coaching problem was with Preki at Chivas, and it wasn't Guevara, it was Preki saying he had no work ethic.

Pachuco
02-12-2009, 08:20 PM
Pachuco, don't be daft mate, I've never said I hate Guevara. Ever.

The original story was that he was going home immediately:
http://www.latribuna.hn/news/48/ARTICLE/50642/2008-12-05.html

Then this one ran, saying all that Motagua has to do is give the word and he's back:
http://www.latribuna.hn/news/48/ARTICLE/52653/2008-12-31.html

Then this one ran saying he's staying in Toronto
http://www.elheraldo.hn/Ediciones/2009/01/03/Noticias/Amado-se-queda-en-Toronto

One of the stories around the time of this last one noted he has one year left (it might be this story, my spanish is lousy) but then he would be free to return to Motagua. It was on Soccer By Ives at the time as well.

So this is hardly imaginary.

However I will concede that Guevara was mad enough over suggestions he didn't want to return to MLS that he barred a reporter who had written such from interviews:

http://www.elheraldo.hn/Sintesis/Lo-mas-leido/Ediciones/2009/01/02/Noticias/Este-debe-ser-nuestro-ano

I don't get why you are being so nice. You just did my homework and even proved my point. First a Honduran paper publishes the fact he wants to leave MLS and he wants to play for Motagua. Then, another paper publishes the fact he ignored the media because (according to his mother) they incorrectly stated the fact he wanted to leave MLS.

So if you ask me, you were misleading people until you finally posted that last article. It's kind of what the media likes to do, seletively throwing things out there to influence people, even though they are skipping half the through. It bothers me a bit because it's not the first thread you choose to talk about how Guevara has stated in a national newspaper that he wants to leave. Next time, you might want to tell both sides of the story first.

BTW - If his contract is up at the end of the year, and he wants to go back to his country, what's wrong with that? Doesn't mean we should trade him or get rid of him. We could use him this year. In fact, we acquire Dero and get rid of Guevara and we are back at square 1. We need both.

jloome
02-12-2009, 09:19 PM
I don't get why you are being so nice. You just did my homework and even proved my point. First a Honduran paper publishes the fact he wants to leave MLS and he wants to play for Motagua. Then, another paper publishes the fact he ignored the media because (according to his mother) they incorrectly stated the fact he wanted to leave MLS.

So if you ask me, you were misleading people until you finally posted that last article. It's kind of what the media likes to do, seletively throwing things out there to influence people, even though they are skipping half the through. It bothers me a bit because it's not the first thread you choose to talk about how Guevara has stated in a national newspaper that he wants to leave. Next time, you might want to tell both sides of the story first.

BTW - If his contract is up at the end of the year, and he wants to go back to his country, what's wrong with that? Doesn't mean we should trade him or get rid of him. We could use him this year. In fact, we acquire Dero and get rid of Guevara and we are back at square 1. We need both.

Now you're just being rude. Why would you assume I'd seen that last article prior to today? I went back to find the clip I'd mentioned to you and found several others. So I immediately posted them. How much faster would you like? Lightspeed? Via time travel? Throwing out suggestions that I'm deceiving people with selective information is akin to accusing me of lying. That makes you an asshole, buddy, because you have nothing to back it up.

Why am I being so nice? Because it's not an argument to me. You're the one suggesting I've said I hate Guevara or indicated I hate guevara, an entirely erroneous suggestion. All I've suggested is that if he leaves after this year, and there have been suggetions in his home media that he might, that perhaps we should get something back long-term by trading him before the year is up.

Save the dickheadedness for when someone else is being vitriolic, Okay? I'm sure I'll actually be ranting about something in the next two weeks, and it might actually be appropriate at that point.

FluSH
02-12-2009, 09:47 PM

exactly... Guevara has more pride and balls than most people think. The man would have left by now if he didn't want to be here, it's not like he is starving in Honduras... over there he is a GOD. Here, he would be lucky to get a second look.

Pachuco
02-12-2009, 10:12 PM
Now you're just being rude. Why would you assume I'd seen that last article prior to today? I went back to find the clip I'd mentioned to you and found several others. So I immediately posted them. How much faster would you like? Lightspeed? Via time travel? Throwing out suggestions that I'm deceiving people with selective information is akin to accusing me of lying. That makes you an asshole, buddy, because you have nothing to back it up.

Why am I being so nice? Because it's not an argument to me. You're the one suggesting I've said I hate Guevara or indicated I hate guevara, an entirely erroneous suggestion. All I've suggested is that if he leaves after this year, and there have been suggetions in his home media that he might, that perhaps we should get something back long-term by trading him before the year is up.

Save the dickheadedness for when someone else is being vitriolic, Okay? I'm sure I'll actually be ranting about something in the next two weeks, and it might actually be appropriate at that point.

emmm...if you saw the last article today, that's all you had to say when you posted the rest of the articles as proof that Guevara wants to leave. Remember, the whole reason you posted the articles was because you were apparantly proving Guevara wants out.

Regardless, I'll end it there because your post is quite childish.

rocker
02-12-2009, 10:23 PM
i thought Guevara played pretty well last year. I never saw an effort problem... actually he seemed to be more hotheaded than I'd like... very much into games, to the point that he's yelling too much or elbowing guys in the face. ;)

I don't know if we can expect THAT much more from Amado as he's not exactly a kid anymore (turning 33 soon). Just surround him with better talent and he'll utilize that. I think with De Ro and Vitti roaming around he'll have some good new playmates to do some interesting things.