PDA

View Full Version : Ac Milan have till Friday for Beckham deal

Azerban
02-11-2009, 01:27 PM
From Ives;

12:31pm- Don Garber just dropped a bombshell, stating rather emphatically that MLS has given AC Milan a Friday deadline to complete a David Beckham transfer. Look for a separate story on that one.

Shaughno
02-11-2009, 01:28 PM
Why Friday? Don't they have until September, or whenever he's allowed to leave for free? :lol:

Azerban
02-11-2009, 01:28 PM
November.

So it's one more season (which with attendance and jerseys may be more than any transfer they might get)

Phil
02-11-2009, 01:29 PM
This is probably a good move for the league. They need to put this behind them or have it done the speculation just hurts everyone involved.

DOMIN8R
02-11-2009, 01:30 PM
^^^
+1

ginkster88
02-11-2009, 01:33 PM
I like seeing the league play hardball on this one. Hopefully Garber sticks to his guns, because so far he's showing that MLS won't get pushed around by one player. This could be good for the league's appearance abroad.

BakaGaijin
02-11-2009, 01:36 PM
November.

So it's one more season (which with attendance and jerseys may be more than any transfer they might get)

Let's look at attendance alone:

Let's say Becky = an additional 10 000 people on average per game.

Let's say each ticket averages $35.

That would mean an additional $10 million in attendance revenue during the course of the season for the league. Never mind the jersey sales.

Keeping Becky and losing her at the end of the season still makes the league good money.

Becky only makes $5 million or $6 million, right?........and the league only pays $550 000 approximately........

Fort York Redcoat
02-11-2009, 01:37 PM
Resolution the quicker the better. I don't care where he goes now.

Strikers
02-11-2009, 01:39 PM
^^^^^^^^

I agree the sooner the better.

TFCREDNWHITE
02-11-2009, 01:46 PM
Come on Milan!! Pony up the $20 MILLION BUCKS!!

nfitz
02-11-2009, 02:00 PM

Let's say Becky = an additional 10 000 people on average per game. Less than that. For home games, if you use 2006 as a baseline, attendance is only up about 5,000. (it's only up 2,000 if you use 2005 as a baseline).

For some away games, it might be up 10,000 (shame last year's attendance figures are not on the site any more); but Toronto won't have any extra sales for LA game if Beckham is there or not.

Roogsy
02-11-2009, 02:01 PM
That's not counting the effect of TV revenues and sponsorship.

Stouffville_RPB
02-11-2009, 02:12 PM

Let's say Becky = an additional 10 000 people on average per game.

Let's say each ticket averages $35.

That would mean an additional $10 million in attendance revenue during the course of the season for the league. Never mind the jersey sales.

Keeping Becky and losing her at the end of the season still makes the league good money.

Becky only makes $5 million or $6 million, right?........and the league only pays $550 000 approximately........

Becks also gets a cut of the shirt sales.

BakaGaijin
02-11-2009, 02:13 PM
Less than that. For home games, if you use 2006 as a baseline, attendance is only up about 5,000. (it's only up 2,000 if you use 2005 as a baseline).

For some away games, it might be up 10,000 (shame last year's attendance figures are not on the site any more); but Toronto won't have any extra sales for LA game if Beckham is there or not.

I imagine a farewell tour would raise attendance substantially. New York had 66 000 people the first time Becky played there........that more than makes up for no extra TFC sales.....

Chevy
02-11-2009, 02:43 PM
This is probably a good move for the league. They need to put this behind them or have it done the speculation just hurts everyone involved.

Agreed. As much as I dislike the general American attitude towards the rest of the world, this is one case where it may actually add some value.

"Friday, or fuck you."

gtaguy
02-11-2009, 04:56 PM
why can't ac milan pony up 10 million and give L.A Ronaldinho as a a part of a package. He's been benched since beckham went on loan to ac milan...

i can bet you a gazzillion dollars that there will be more interest in him then in spice boy and the bucks will continue to roll on shirt sales sponsorships etc..
Not to mention the MLS could renew Ronaldinhos confidence ..

Yohan
02-11-2009, 05:04 PM
why can't ac milan pony up 10 million and give L.A Ronaldinho as a a part of a package. He's been benched since beckham went on loan to ac milan...

i can bet you a gazzillion dollars that there will be more interest in him then in spice boy and the bucks will continue to roll on shirt sales sponsorships etc..
lol pipe dreams

ronaldinho can still play at the top level football at one of the european clubs. you'd think he'd want to come to shitty MLS?

Pachuco
02-11-2009, 05:05 PM

Huh? I've watched 2 AC Milan games since Beckham got there and Ronaldinho was by no means benched.

Sally Mack
02-11-2009, 07:57 PM
Huh? I've watched 2 AC Milan games since Beckham got there and Ronaldinho was by no means benched.

I am an AC Milan fan myself, and ronaldinho has only played one game since Beckham's arrival. In fact, it was the game played this past Sunday, where Pirlo was suspended, so there was another opening in the midfield.

TFCREDNWHITE
02-11-2009, 08:06 PM
I am an AC Milan fan myself, and ronaldinho has only played one game since Beckham's arrival. In fact, it was the game played this past Sunday, where Pirlo was suspended, so there was another opening in the midfield.

He's played more than one game!

s2cazz
02-11-2009, 08:12 PM
F*ck AC and F*ck becky...I hope she stays there... Looks good on AC having that washed up spiceboy lol

IRRIDUCIBILI!
FORZA INTER!!!

Can't wait to see the derby this weekend!...hehehe

Sally Mack
02-11-2009, 08:30 PM
He's played more than one game!
My mistake... it was two.

Roma- Beckham starts (subbed off 89th minute), Ronaldinho starts (subbed off 70th minute)
Fiorentina- Beckham starts, Ronaldinho comes off the bench 77th minute
Bologna- Beckham starts, Ronaldinho comes off the bench 72nd minute
Genoa- Beckham starts, Ronaldinho comes off the bench 75th minute
Lazio- Beckham starts, Ronaldinho benched the entire game
Reggina- Beckham starts, Ronaldinho starts (subbed off after 65 mins)

Overall, it's fair to say Ronaldinho has been benched since Beckham's arrival. Also, Ronaldinho was only coming on for Pato, in a more advanced role, since Milan are currently short on effective forwards outside of Pato.

scooter
02-11-2009, 11:59 PM
milan has to love becks crosses he sure can put balls into the box

trane
02-12-2009, 08:05 AM
F*ck AC and F*ck becky...I hope she stays there... Looks good on AC having that washed up spiceboy lol

IRRIDUCIBILI!
FORZA INTER!!!

Can't wait to see the derby this weekend!...hehehe

Irriducibili, what are you a Lazio fan?

Forza Milan, MILANO E NOSTRA. INTER DI MERDA.
You will be the champions of Italy, we are champions of Milano.

Pachuco
02-12-2009, 02:38 PM
My mistake... it was two.

Roma- Beckham starts (subbed off 89th minute), Ronaldinho starts (subbed off 70th minute)
Fiorentina- Beckham starts, Ronaldinho comes off the bench 77th minute
Bologna- Beckham starts, Ronaldinho comes off the bench 72nd minute
Genoa- Beckham starts, Ronaldinho comes off the bench 75th minute
Lazio- Beckham starts, Ronaldinho benched the entire game
Reggina- Beckham starts, Ronaldinho starts (subbed off after 65 mins)

Overall, it's fair to say Ronaldinho has been benched since Beckham's arrival. Also, Ronaldinho was only coming on for Pato, in a more advanced role, since Milan are currently short on effective forwards outside of Pato.

So you only count him being on the field if he started? keep backtracking my friend.

Sally Mack
02-12-2009, 03:31 PM
So you only count him being on the field if he started? keep backtracking my friend.
No, I only count him "playing" if it's for a significant amount of time. Coming on for the final 15 mins is not "playing".

To better develop my (and whoever first said it) point that Ronaldinho hasnt been playing since Beckham arrived, let's take a look at the playing time in Serie A since Beckham's debut.

Beckham has played 510 mins. in Serie A
Ronaldinho has played 181 mins. in Serie A

Beckham is averaging 85 mins a game since his arrival. Ronaldinho is averaging 30 mins a game since Beckham's arrival. That means Beckham is playing almost 3x as much as Ronaldinho.

That's not counting the outlier game, where Pirlo was suspended. Otherwise, I have reason to believe that Ronaldinho wouldnt have gotten the 65 mins he did against Reggina. If we take that game out, and assume he would have played 15 mins (like he did almost every other game since Beckham's arrival), Ronaldinho is only averaging 21 minutes per game.

Now if you call 21 mins per game PLAYING, then you're not much of a competitor. I call that garbage time/providing relief, or at best, giving your coach some flexibility. No matter how you cut it, that is not playing, my friend.

Pachuco
02-12-2009, 05:46 PM
No, I only count him "playing" if it's for a significant amount of time. Coming on for the final 15 mins is not "playing".

To better develop my (and whoever first said it) point that Ronaldinho hasnt been playing since Beckham arrived, let's take a look at the playing time in Serie A since Beckham's debut.

Beckham has played 510 mins. in Serie A
Ronaldinho has played 181 mins. in Serie A

Beckham is averaging 85 mins a game since his arrival. Ronaldinho is averaging 30 mins a game since Beckham's arrival. That means Beckham is playing almost 3x as much as Ronaldinho.

That's not counting the outlier game, where Pirlo was suspended. Otherwise, I have reason to believe that Ronaldinho wouldnt have gotten the 65 mins he did against Reggina. If we take that game out, and assume he would have played 15 mins (like he did almost every other game since Beckham's arrival), Ronaldinho is only averaging 21 minutes per game.

Now if you call 21 mins per game PLAYING, then you're not much of a competitor. I call that garbage time/providing relief, or at best, giving your coach some flexibility. No matter how you cut it, that is not playing, my friend.

HAHA, this is actually pretty funny. In your math you take out Ronaldinho's game where he played the most minutes. I guess it didn't happen although I saw it happen.

Anyways, your point is? that Ronaldinho should be trated for Beckham?? oh boy.

Sally Mack
02-12-2009, 06:17 PM
HAHA, this is actually pretty funny. In your math you take out Ronaldinho's game where he played the most minutes. I guess it didn't happen although I saw it happen.

Anyways, your point is? that Ronaldinho should be trated for Beckham?? oh boy.
I stated the facts. 30 mins if you count the game where Pirlo was suspended, or 21 mins if you dont. Still, I would hardly call that "playing".

My point is that Ronaldinho is riding the pines, which you tried to say he wasnt. The facts speak for themselves.

trane
02-12-2009, 07:03 PM
The two things are realy not related. Becks is not playing Ronaldinho's position, but is playing in Gattuso slot, Gattuso being injured.

Laurignano
02-12-2009, 07:34 PM
I dont know I say MLS should just sell him and get some money, put into some youth development programs so we can build up this league and have some good younger players to sell off to european clubs in the future, build some more revenue for MLS Clubs.

Pachuco
02-12-2009, 08:25 PM
I stated the facts. 30 mins if you count the game where Pirlo was suspended, or 21 mins if you dont. Still, I would hardly call that "playing".

My point is that Ronaldinho is riding the pines, which you tried to say he wasnt. The facts speak for themselves.

Go back through the thread my friend. You said he's being benched, I said I've watched two AC Milan games and he was by no means benched. That is fact.

Anyways, back to the real point at hand, Ronaldinho is still needed in Milan, even if he's becoming a depth player. So why get rid of him? Give LA the money they want and keep both. Simple as that. He still has a role to play.

trane
02-13-2009, 08:50 AM
Again Beks is not playing for Ronaldinho. Ronaldinho has rident the pine, because of other issue. THere is no way that Ronaldinho goes to LA, the money that Milan spend on him is much more then we are now talkin about with Becks.

supernothingman
02-13-2009, 04:07 PM
Beckham deadline approaches
Friday 13 February, 2009
Time is running out for Milan to seal a permanent deal with LA Galaxy for David Beckham, as Paolo Maldini and the MLS urge a quick solution.
The 108 times capped England midfielder is on loan until March 9, but Major League Soccer Commissioner Don Garber has demanded clarity by the end of today.

"If David believes that he wants to continue his career in Milan and Milan wants to purchase him, we're interested in accommodating that request," Garber said.

"But right now it just continues to go round in circles and it needs to come to a conclusion by Friday. There's no reason why this should drag on. They either want to do it or they don't want to do it.”

Vice-President Adriano Galliani has said Milan have another month to reach a solution, but Garber insists that is not the case.

"They don't have until March 9. They need approval from us on a transfer. That's our timetable, not Milan's timetable. So if Milan believes they have until March 9, then I'm basically correcting that assumption.

"They have until this Friday. On this Friday, we need to know whether they want to buy David Beckham or not. I'm upset that this process continues to drag on."

Beckham himself noted: “Everyone wants it sorted out as quickly as possible,” while the MLS confirmed there is a clause in his five-year contract allowing him to leave at the end of their 2009 season.

Now Rossoneri captain Maldini has added his view to on the on-going discussions amid reports the £5m offer has been increased to £10m, perhaps including an exchange deal for Andriy Shevchenko, whose wife is American.

“David expressed his desire to stay with the Rossoneri and the club wants him too,” said Maldini in today’s Press conference.

“I don’t know how his contractual issues will be resolved, but if they do then we would be very happy to keep him for the rest of this season and next year too, seeing as that is what he wants.

“When two people meet and are happy, I think they ought to get married. David is only partially a surprise for us, because there were players like Emerson who had worked with him at Real Madrid and told us of how professional and hungry he was.

“The fact he chose Milan to train with, considering all the difficulties that brought with it, already made it clear how much he wanted to return to being a ‘real’ footballer and winning back his England place.

“He proved he is a great professional as well as a great player,” concluded the Milan captain. “He didn’t talk much, he just worked hard and I think the results are evident.”

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/feb13n.html

trane
02-13-2009, 04:14 PM
I am sorry but Garber is a fucking twit. He will make the MLS look like the shite it is. However, Andriy Shevchenko to LA would be great for LA if it comes to fruition, he is not seeing alot of time at Milan, and he is young enough to still contribute in this league.

Dirk Diggler
02-13-2009, 04:56 PM
10 million pounds and Andrei Shevchenko? Fucking do it right now Garber.

Sally Mack
02-13-2009, 06:03 PM
I wouldn't dream of dealing off ronaldinho... Milan will be using him down the stretch, and he still contributes. (though I still say he'd be seeing more time if becks wasn't around :p).

Clearly garber's trying to force milan into making an irrational decision. They won't budge. This ends in 2 ways:
1. Milan sign becks after friday but before mar 7th for a reasonable amount, but not what garber's trying to push for now.

2. Milan sign becks in november for nothing.

ExiledRed
02-13-2009, 06:04 PM
I am sorry but Garber is a fucking twit. He will make the MLS look like the shite it is. However, Andriy Shevchenko to LA would be great for LA if it comes to fruition, he is not seeing alot of time at Milan, and he is young enough to still contribute in this league.

Yes he's a twit, but not for putting his foot down with your home team.

He's actually won my respect for standing up to the 'mighty AC Milan' and if he gets $20,000,000 (Im not sure what the pounds to dollars rate is right now) AND Schevchenko, he wouldn't be a twit at all.

nascarguy
02-13-2009, 06:13 PM
if beckham stays in milan it will be good for the england. la does not know how to keep a beckham world cup fit. milan does

TFCREDNWHITE
02-13-2009, 06:21 PM
10 Million Pounds Plus Shevchenko!!!! DO IT!!! Git'er Done!!

nascarguy
02-13-2009, 06:40 PM
it's about 12:30am there now by now the deal has to be just about done

Shakes McQueen
02-13-2009, 08:14 PM

I'm actually glad Garber is putting his foot down with AC Milan. He is right - this is dragging on way too long. This makes the league as a whole look better, not worse. They are refusing to get pushed around by the "mighty AC Milan".

Sounds like an AC Milan fan is just worried about the prospects of their deal for Beckham. :D

- Scott

werewolf
02-13-2009, 08:17 PM
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=9844