PDA

View Full Version : Regular VS Premium matches

REDJUVE
02-11-2009, 10:14 AM
Does anyone know which matches for 2009 are considered Premium and how the TFC/MLS determines this?

akoto
02-11-2009, 10:23 AM
Not sure how MLS decides but I'm sure LA will be with or without Becks and Landycakes.

Fort York Redcoat
02-11-2009, 10:25 AM
Does anyone know which matches for 2009 are considered Premium and how the TFC/MLS determines this?

They draw them out of a hat.:)

Really until the season starts and we play games I don't care who we play. Rivalry and premium go hand in hand and my only rivalry is with Montreal and Vancouver.

ginkster88
02-11-2009, 10:40 AM
Pretty sure Home opener, last Home game, and LA. There could be one more, but I can't recall exactly and I can't think of another one that would make sense.

Nuvinho
02-11-2009, 10:46 AM
I think it will be Home Opener (Seattle), Galaxy, NYRB (Wed game for sure, maybe both), and Last Home game (RSL).

REDJUVE
02-11-2009, 10:47 AM
We will have 5 Premium matches in our package. My guess is : Home Opener, Columbus (because they won the 2008 title), NYRB (which we play twice at home).. and a toss up between LA or the Fire for the last one. With Becks and Landycakes in question.. I would bet it will be Chicago.
Was the home final a premium last year??

JonO
02-11-2009, 10:47 AM
^^ There were definitely more than 3... I think the red bulls (who, incidentally, are shite) and the fire were also "premium" games...

However, I didn't pay too much attention to individual game prices, so I may be off on the exact teams...

olegunnar
02-11-2009, 10:48 AM
I'll be at every game this year, but if I were to have to decide between "regular" and "premium" matches....There are really only 2 premium matches this year.

The June night game against NYRB and the Limpact game whenever that is.

Night games are premium (especially since there are ZERO?!? after the June NYRB game)...and I want to be there when we beat the limpact senseless.

Fort York Redcoat
02-11-2009, 10:52 AM
That would be weird since less people get to night games. I think midweek games are special as are the VCup games but other than the opener and Final of the season they're all the same to me.

giambac
02-11-2009, 11:36 AM

Are any teams considered premium teams in this league???????:noidea:

olegunnar
02-11-2009, 11:51 AM
Are any teams considered premium teams in this league???????:noidea:

I don't think anyone will argue that point. Check out the replies in this thread...except my comment about Montreal, no one has named a team they think is premium...it's all about..home opener, last game, night games etc. etc...not...holy crap I have to see the game against RSL!!!

torfchamilton
02-11-2009, 11:54 AM
Houston last year was also considered a premium game

Steve
02-11-2009, 12:42 PM
Houston last year was also considered a premium game

Right, but was that because they were the champs, or because they had DeRo? (both no longer being true)

Other than situational ones (opener, final game), they just pick the ones they think actually have drawing power. I would say Columbus because we send so many down there, they won the league, and we have a cup with them. NY maybe (Angel), Chicago maybe (Blanco), LA maybe (Beckham, or another DP they replace him with).

Mikey
02-11-2009, 04:37 PM
Isn't there a link between the four teams we play three times a season being "rivals" and those games being made Premium?

It is of course, all complete and utter bollocks anyway......

Cuchulain
02-11-2009, 09:47 PM
Not sure how MLS decides but I'm sure LA will be with or without Becks and Landycakes.

mmm... I always thought Becks was Landycakes. I wonder if TFC is considered a premium game elsewhere in the league.

mighty_torontofc_2008
02-11-2009, 11:02 PM
Galaxy, Revs, Fire, will likely be Premium matches.

TorCanSoc
02-11-2009, 11:13 PM
First home game v. Seattle.
Chicago
Columbus
NY

james
02-12-2009, 12:12 AM
i dont get why they have premium games. Its not like Europe where they have giant teams. In MLS teams go from good 1 season to shit the next, you never know whos gonna be good untill the season starts.

Flipityflu
02-12-2009, 12:27 AM
yeah, there are no premium teams. i can understand why the home opener and closer is classed that way though.