PDA

View Full Version : Stats of some of the players

Corpand
02-09-2009, 06:05 PM
I know its from Football Manager 09 but still, usually gives a general idea of what the player is like.

Kenton:
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/3223/kentondg1.jpg

McGlinchey:

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/2595/mcglincheyyh5.jpg

Vitti (yeah boyyy!):

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/2540/vittiog3.jpg

Richardson (why he is listed as a defender I will never know, oh well here you go I guess):

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/4159/richardsonhy5.jpg

jrey
02-09-2009, 09:03 PM
LMAO.

They all lack match fitness! No! Good old FM, never fails for real life player scouting.

On another note, whose silhouette did they use for the players who have no photos? Chewbacca?

sidney
02-09-2009, 09:10 PM
Thanks Corpand!...what's the highest rating possible? (16 or 20?)

jloome
02-09-2009, 09:14 PM
It's 20. And these databases, while far from perfect, are good enough that both Jose Mourinho and Harry Redknapp have admitted to signing players after finding them via footie manager.

Also, this year Everton bought the rights to have open access to the database for scouting, as FM now has over 1,000 scouts around the world developing aggregate scores. Generally, this means the ratings get less accurate the smaller the league. But guys like Vitti and Kenton you can usually make book on them being pretty accurate.

jloome
02-09-2009, 09:15 PM
Says McGlinchey is a speed demon.

sidney
02-09-2009, 09:23 PM
Says McGlinchey is a speed demon.

it says Vitti is also a 16 for pace

Antoshka
02-09-2009, 09:30 PM
wow, theyre all real shitty except for vitti who is "a decent signing" lol

jrey
02-09-2009, 09:36 PM
wow, theyre all real shitty except for vitti who is "a decent signing" lol

a "decent" signing for which team?

I can assure you that a player worth 500k and up would be "a leading star for any MLS side" as far as the game is concerned.

God, I love that game.

As far as the current TFC roster is concerned in FM, Vitti and McGlinchey would do alright.

I can't believe teams would actually use a computer game as a scout. Though, I have found my fair share of sleepers in the past.

Billy the kid
02-09-2009, 09:37 PM
Glad to see Kenton's morale is "very good"

CDNSoccerFan
02-09-2009, 09:50 PM
hey how is this game?

was thinking of purchasing it

jloome
02-09-2009, 10:02 PM
hey how is this game?

Well, it's the best selling sports game on earth. And on top of that, it's so addictive there are actually divorces and professional counselling due to it that have been reported in the British press.

I'm biased...because I'm an addict. I took 2008 off, but before that had played everyday for at least an hour or two for 10 straight years.

This year, I'm hooked again. The little 3d sprite players are a neat addition, but mostly it's still just the realism of the match engine and game world.

I'd counter anyone who says all these players are crap. As a FM veteran, I'd take all of them at a league club.

Kenton's knock is his decision making; his tackling, marking, positioning and heading are good, so he's a technically sound defender who makes poor choices sometimes. Keep in mind, in FM world a rating of '1' would be an average, non-professional weekend player.

McGlinchey has a lot going for him because although his overall numbers aren't stratospherically high, his work rate and technique are good, which means he's still on the ascendance ability-wise.

Vitti's big knock -- and it might be a big one if this is anyways accurate -- is his temper and composure. This has him pegged as a real hothead, a red card waiting to happen or a sulk waiting to happen.

Why they have Richardson as a defender is beyond me. I'm actually very surprised, given how much accurate attention they've paid to the caribbean and central america in the past.

Keegan
02-09-2009, 10:02 PM
As a FM player for years let me tell you

DO NOT LOOK AT THESE PARTICULAR RATINGS

All of these players ratings are generic. Meaning that FM scouts give them a lets say 160 skill level and their stats will be computer generated. Only in the big leagues do they actually put in the correct stats for players but even then that isn't guaranteed. That might be hard to understand but think of it this way if you put 160 skill for Kenton one time he might pop up with 15 tackling and 10 bravery and another time 10 tackling and 15 bravery

So before you go saying Vitti has no composure or that scottish lad is a speed demon read that haha

Keegan
02-09-2009, 10:05 PM
By the way based on the generic ratings of these players none of them would be MLS stars. But also since they all lack match fitness their ratings go up once they start playing training matches and friendlies if he took the screen shots a couple months later into the season Kenton might have a 16 instead of a 14 or 15 in a certain stat due to being fully fit

jloome
02-09-2009, 10:05 PM

All of these players ratings are generic. Meaning that FM scouts give them a lets say 160 skill level and their stats will be computer generated. Only in the big leagues do they actually put in the correct stats for players but even then that isn't guaranteed. That might be hard to understand but think of it this way if you put 160 skill for Kenton one time he might pop up with 15 tackling and 10 bravery and another time 10 tackling and 15 bravery

So before you go saying Vitti has no composure or that scottish lad is a speed demon read that haha

Dude, that's not true of most of the players in FM's database. It's true of the ones that haven't been scouted, but their scouting database is HUUUUUGE now, like, over 1,000 regular contributors. SO while vitti and kenton are probably accurate, and maybe mglinchey, richardson isnt.

Althouhg I might be arguing at cross purposes; I consider the scottish league, league one and argentina to be 'big leagues.'

CDNSoccerFan
02-09-2009, 10:11 PM
how up to date are the rosters for the 09' game?

also is every club in the game specifially TFC of course?

jloome
02-09-2009, 10:13 PM
In fact, if you use the player editor you'll see that some stats stay the same with players every time, while other ones are "shuffled" each time and averaged against the constant stats.

If someone can tell me how to take a screenshot, I can prove it; Vitti comes up with basically the same stats on my version as his.

jloome
02-09-2009, 10:15 PM
how up to date are the rosters for the 09' game?

also is every club in the game specifially TFC of course?

It has TFC after Edu, but before the kids were cut and James went to Houston. BUt they update it when they patch, so it might have another MLS update coming.

Ossington Mental Youth
02-09-2009, 10:26 PM
CDNsoccerfan, buy it, but be aware, you WILL be an addict.
I havent played in a year or so but i managed to play on average about 4-6 hours a day.
Im not kidding, its ridiculous.
I still went out, still had friends but was absolutely obsessed, its ridiculous.
I have 2009 dl'ed on my computer right now but i have no intention on playing it.

yet.

CDNSoccerFan
02-09-2009, 10:34 PM
I have the baseball version of this game so I know how addiciting it can be but I'll manage...

Captain Croatia
02-09-2009, 11:25 PM
Is there any place where i can buy the disk?

Or do you need to purchase it off of Steam?

Laurignano
02-10-2009, 12:26 AM
You can buy it off of steam. or buy a disk.

SweetOwnGoal
02-10-2009, 01:16 AM
It has TFC after Edu, but before the kids were cut and James went to Houston. BUt they update it when they patch, so it might have another MLS update coming.

I just finished my first season playing with TFC (I usually play lower league games, or a unique version of the game I call "let's try and get Man U relegated and bankrupt before they fire me."

We finished eighth , BTW. Crossed over to play Houston and took them to penalties. It turns out that TCC is awful at penalties. I signed a Brazilian as a DP who was tearing up the K-League and he ended up with 14 goals. I traded Velez and a draft pick for Serioux and grabbed Martin Nash off Vancouver for next to nothing. The season remarkably mirrored the real season. We were great in spring, awful from July to Sept and turned it on in Oct.

Brennan and Robinson bolted from the team at the end of the year, both going back to the Championship. And Dichio broke his league on the last game of the year and is thinking about retirement. So, I think next year is going to be tough.

But I'm not addicted. Nope, not at all....file:///C:/Users/DUANEA%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif

Ossington Mental Youth
02-10-2009, 01:29 AM
HAHAA
Im a fan of the lower league ish too, more fun to play that way and work your way up then taking a top team with a ton of money and talent. Ill always leave a couple of leagues open to move to in case i go as far as I can with a team and get bored of it.

Big Bruva
02-10-2009, 05:47 AM
hey how is this game?

Been playing it for years and yes its very addictive and time consuming.

4-5 hours feels like an hour and a half.

Ossington Mental Youth
02-10-2009, 06:12 AM

HAHAHA science fact

James Oliphant
02-10-2009, 06:41 AM

Also, that Scottish lad is not Scottish...he's a Kiwi. And before anyone says that's not his nationality on display, it is...for proof, look at Gregory Richardson, whose nationality is Guyanese but who plays in T&T.

One more reason to take these ratings with a grain of salt.

Fushida
02-10-2009, 07:33 AM

I've editted the database for many editions, and I have to attest that this is true. For lesser known players in smaller leagues, for example Richardson, FM generally assigns a total skill level (current ability CA) with certain SET stats where they actually input a numerical stat, while leaving a lot of factors randomized with a value of 0 in the database. Thus, when you start a game, those 0 values are randomized to make up the total skill level.

I don't have a copy of the database edittor on my computer, but those who do can certainly go into the database edittor (which you can find in the game folder) and check the player there. Then you can get a picture of what's actually entered into the database and what's randomized.

TorontoBlades
02-10-2009, 08:25 AM

can someone find me this in an employment opportunity???

felipe
02-10-2009, 08:58 AM
yeah, would have been better off posting ratings from the editor database, instead of from in-game, which will always change somewhat. Another advantage being is that it would show 'potential' ratings too.

But either way, gives you an accurate view of the main qualities of the player - approximate skill level, pace, etc.

Is that even the right Richardson, I thought he was around 20?

Ossington Mental Youth
02-10-2009, 09:17 AM
can someone find me this in an employment opportunity???

its certainly on my resume

jloome
02-10-2009, 01:56 PM
Also, that Scottish lad is not Scottish...he's a Kiwi. And before anyone says that's not his nationality on display, it is...for proof, look at Gregory Richardson, whose nationality is Guyanese but who plays in T&T.

One more reason to take these ratings with a grain of salt.

That's the main view screen, where it lists the nationality that is relevant to his club tie. If you go into the profile section it shows that he has dual citizenship.

As for Richardson, as mentioned both by myself and Fushida, smaller leagues use "averaged" stats and poorer info. So a guy playing semi-pro in Guyana for most of his career is typically the type that gets fucked up.

But again, it doesn't shuffle ratings from major leagues. I can prove this with Kenton, McGlinchey and Vitti all coming up with the same key stats as are pictured here.

Hitcho
02-10-2009, 02:23 PM
the next patch for FM '09 is rumoured to be coming out on Feb 14th, to allow for updates based on the January transfer window. I'm hoping it will include all the TFC updates (new players, longer contracts, draft picks, etc) so I am waiting until then to start a TFC game. in the meantime, i'm playing an EPL season to pass the time!! :D

spark
02-10-2009, 04:02 PM
Wtf this thread is amazing. Didn't know there was so many CM players. Been playing this since CM3 when my life was:
Wake up, Play, go to work/come home for lunch, Play, Come home from work, Play, make dinner and play at the same time, play all night, sleep, wake up and do all over again.

Wasn't the tag line on the box "The most important game in your life"??

And yeah I used to read the CM forums and remember guys posting shit like "Had to pick between going out with the missus for our anniversary or take Brighton to the FA Cup final ... well needless to say we won the FA CUP!!!"

I really think TFC should try to track down Tonton Zola Mokouko that guy is guaranteed gold!!

jloome
02-10-2009, 04:12 PM
Wtf this thread is amazing. Didn't know there was so many CM players. Been playing this since CM3 when my life was:
Wake up, Play, go to work/come home for lunch, Play, Come home from work, Play, make dinner and play at the same time, play all night, sleep, wake up and do all over again.

Wasn't the tag line on the box "The most important game in your life"??

And yeah I used to read the CM forums and remember guys posting shit like "Had to pick between going out with the missus for our anniversary or take Brighton to the FA Cup final ... well needless to say we won the FA CUP!!!"

I really think TFC should try to track down Tonton Zola Mokouko that guy is guaranteed gold!!

He was actually at Derby County for awhile. Don't know what happened to him! But he's one of the great CM flameouts (we have a CURRENT FM thread going in international soccer, if a mod could sticky it for us).

Sharbel Touma, Floretin Petre, Javier Saviola, were all world beaters when they first entered the game at 18, 19. Not everyone lives up to the hype.

Of course, it beats To madeira, who never existed but was one of the best players in the early games! (I ended out using the editor to switch his stat base for a young Wayne Rooney. worked out well!)

AL-MO
02-10-2009, 04:19 PM
CDNsoccerfan, buy it, but be aware, you WILL be an addict.
I havent played in a year or so but i managed to play on average about 4-6 hours a day.
Im not kidding, its ridiculous.
I still went out, still had friends but was absolutely obsessed, its ridiculous.
I have 2009 dl'ed on my computer right now but i have no intention on playing it.

yet.

Hmmm...I am looking for my next addiction, this very well may be it. :D

spark
02-10-2009, 04:31 PM
He was actually at Derby County for awhile. Don't know what happened to him! But he's one of the great CM flameouts (we have a CURRENT FM thread going in international soccer, if a mod could sticky it for us).

Sharbel Touma, Floretin Petre, Javier Saviola, were all world beaters when they first entered the game at 18, 19. Not everyone lives up to the hype.

Of course, it beats To madeira, who never existed but was one of the best players in the early games! (I ended out using the editor to switch his stat base for a young Wayne Rooney. worked out well!)

Hahaha oh man.
Don't know about you but Patrick Kluivert at Barca in my game (can't remember if it was CM3/4 or 00 - i've lost track of the versions) used to get 45-50 goals a season!! AND in my current game (still playing FM '06) Leo Messi SUCKS. Anyway i'm heading over to that thread now, thanks for the head's up!

King Jeff
02-10-2009, 06:07 PM

He's selling cars in Sweden now, apparently :D Beats CM01/02 legend Justin Georcelin, who ended up in jail.

rocker
02-10-2009, 06:21 PM
What's the difference between Football Manager, Championship Manager, and Fifa Manager? I remember hearing about the Fifa Manager by EA Sports. Are these other ones the same game with diff titles? Or are they different games by different companies?

King Jeff
02-10-2009, 06:31 PM
Championship Manager was created by two brothers, who produced the game for Eidos. In 2003-ish, Eidos and the producers split, and Eidos kept the CM name. There is a new producer, Beautiful Games Studio.

FM is the 'real' version.

FIFA Manager is just utter crap.

Corpand
02-10-2009, 06:41 PM
The updated patch will include all new MLS draftees (and definitely the new signings for TFC). Remember reading about it a short while ago. In any case, thats what they did with FM08 last year when both James and Edwards were in there.

CDNSoccerFan
02-10-2009, 06:46 PM
So Feb 14th is the new patch?

jloome
02-10-2009, 07:15 PM
I have a hard time playing MLS in the game. It's just too painful.

I'm about to end my third season in charge of Newport County and have just noticed that Cardiff has just fired their manager after a terrible run ... one John Carver, esq. Seems in FM he bolts for a higher paying English gig after one year, as do Jimmy B and Carl Robinson.