PDA

View Full Version : FPB

Lenny Dikestra
05-25-2008, 07:35 PM
FICKLE PATCH BOYS

Its funny to watch the Mood of the Board , when they are winning its all good and people want to hump some players.. Now today Guevara , Edu and Robert suck and can do this and that better..
haha funny stuff..
Even Geryy Dobson and Forest got it for sucking ..

Hack away couch coaches .. :canada:

shaggingscot
05-25-2008, 07:37 PM
I'm more annoyed at Carver and his Italian tactics, WTF, why were we sitting so deep from the start of the match. We didn't have a hope in hell of winning that way.

Oops was that a mood swing too??

colman1860
05-25-2008, 07:40 PM
1. I personally have been pretty pissed about Edu's play all year long.
2. Even if they had lost, I would have been really ticked about Robert getting himself sent off with 20 seconds left.

Keyman
05-25-2008, 07:41 PM
Welcome to an internet forum!

Oblio2
05-25-2008, 08:26 PM
Very fickle

http://i32.tinypic.com/2d0kglj.gif

canadian_bhoy
05-25-2008, 08:33 PM
How is stating an opinion about a match fickle?

I didn't see too many posts today saying "Robert is crap, get rid of him"...people were just dissapointed that he was sent off.

Same with Guevara, did you read the first line of that thread? you know, where it says "probably the best player on our team"?....

Stop talking a load of piss, people are entitled to air some criticism after a loss and that doesn't make them fickle or some fair weather fan.

Cambridge_Red
05-25-2008, 08:36 PM
I've been happy with Guevara and Robert. Edu hasn't played well this season. It's not being a fickle fan its just an observation. This forum is about opinions and ideas, if we all believed the same thing and never had difference of opinion it would indeed be a very very dull piece of reading.

BBBulldog
05-25-2008, 08:46 PM
it's like main DC board on BS, I think they hired and fired everyone 50 times already lol

Lenny Dikestra
05-25-2008, 08:57 PM
How is stating an opinion about a match fickle?

I didn't see too many posts today saying "Robert is crap, get rid of him"...people were just dissapointed that he was sent off.

Same with Guevara, did you read the first line of that thread? you know, where it says "probably the best player on our team"?....

Stop talking a load of piss, people are entitled to air some criticism after a loss and that doesn't make them fickle or some fair weather fan.

I am just airing yo ..
I think people are fickle on here to a degree !!!

ExiledRed
05-25-2008, 09:29 PM
Some are, some aren't.

Your inital post suggests we all are.

Are you some 'cool rogue independent' here to educate the single minded, moronic, majority in how to be 'sports fans' ?

Or are we all individuals, with individual opinions, of which yours is but one?

YOU are 'people on here' btw

sully
05-25-2008, 09:37 PM
FICKLE PATCH BOYS

Its funny to watch the Mood of the Board , when they are winning its all good and people want to hump some players.. Now today Guevara , Edu and Robert suck and can do this and that better..
haha funny stuff..

Yes, people are responsive to good performances and to poor performances in different ways. What would you like instead?

Lenny Dikestra
05-25-2008, 10:32 PM
Some are, some aren't.

Your inital post suggests we all are.

Are you some 'cool rogue independent' here to educate the single minded, moronic, majority in how to be 'sports fans' ?

Or are we all individuals, with individual opinions, of which yours is but one?

YOU are 'people on here' btw

people are people so why should it be ...:noidea:

ExiledRed
05-26-2008, 12:59 AM
people are strange, when you're a stranger, faces are ugly, when you're alone.

werewolf
05-26-2008, 01:00 AM
what does this have to do with TFC?

ExiledRed
05-26-2008, 01:03 AM
what do you have to do with lunar cycles and lycanthropy?

werewolf
05-26-2008, 01:04 AM
I can't comment further on the lunar cycles, no real view of the moon from my position and I am too tired to get up.

ExiledRed
05-26-2008, 01:07 AM
I can't comment further on the lunar cycles, no real view of the moon from my position and I am too tired to get up.
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w180/ExiledRed/WEREWOLF.jpg

Cashcleaner
05-26-2008, 01:26 AM
I was sorta getting frustrated with the moanfest last night as well, but just look at the boards today. It was a loss, but we got over it pretty quickly. :D

ExiledRed
05-26-2008, 01:28 AM
. It was a loss, but we got over it pretty quickly. :D

that's cause we're fickle :)

trane
05-26-2008, 07:12 AM
I'm more annoyed at Carver and his Italian tactics, WTF, why were we sitting so deep from the start of the match. We didn't have a hope in hell of winning that way.

Oops was that a mood swing too??

While I am confident that Carver wanted us to defend, once we got up, I am also confident that he did not want us to defend in the manner that we did, nor did we defend as an Italian team would. He would have wanted us to defend from midfield in, not to only start defending 10 yards from are own goal and He would have wanted us to hold the ball more. Had we done that we woudl have won. We did neither, therefore you cannot blame Carver nor his "Italian tactics", had we played up to Carver's tactics we would have won.

adamdz
05-26-2008, 07:21 AM
I want DC pics now!

shaggingscot
05-26-2008, 07:22 AM
While I am confident that Carver wanted us to defend, once we got up, I am also confident that he did not want us to defend in the manner that we did, nor did we defend as an Italian team would. He would have wanted us to defend from midfield in, not to only start defending 10 yards from are own goal and He would have wanted us to hold the ball more. Had we done that we woudl have won. We did neither, therefore you cannot blame Carver nor his "Italian tactics", had we played up to Carver's tactics we would have won.

I was being sarcastic to a certain degree with the comments but we certainly did play a negative game from a tactics standpoint and gave ourselves no real chance to win, it was only a matter of time before DC scored because of all the possession and chances they had.

However I'm over it now, because as you know we're all fickle! :p

One thing that did stand out to me though was how short our passes were in the match, I think string of matches at home made the boys forget that real grass requires you hit the ball a little harder to get it going along the ground.

Back to our winning ways starting Tuesday!

trane
05-26-2008, 08:46 AM
I was being sarcastic to a certain degree with the comments but we certainly did play a negative game from a tactics standpoint and gave ourselves no real chance to win, it was only a matter of time before DC scored because of all the possession and chances they had.

However I'm over it now, because as you know we're all fickle! :p

One thing that did stand out to me though was how short our passes were in the match, I think string of matches at home made the boys forget that real grass requires you hit the ball a little harder to get it going along the ground.

Back to our winning ways starting Tuesday!

I was thinking the same thing, they had been passing realy well as a team, and it did seem to have lost their touch. I also think the change in surfaces that something to do with it.

FluSH
05-26-2008, 09:42 AM
FICKLE PATCH BOYS

haha funny stuff..

You do know that this is a Toronto FC Section.... opened to ALL... yes to ALL