Shaughno
02-09-2009, 03:44 PM
Well, it can't hurt. ;)

zeelaw
02-09-2009, 03:45 PM
woot

Nodoubtguy
nice to hear......I guess now were just waiting on a CB (or two) and any info or development with the guys on trial (who I assume have a much smaller chance of making the squad now that Vitti signed)

flatpicker
I don't really have any opinion on the guy, so I will just have to hope that Mo-Knows... and this will make the team better...

Hitcho
^ my sensible side says I agree with Flats

the rest of me is turnign cartwheels because we've signed a young, promising, pacy striker with an excellent pedigree (at least in part).

also loved the bit about another defender (central, surely?). almost there, almost there.....

Sab0tage
02-09-2009, 03:47 PM
Not bad, definitely won't hurt. Now all we need is that CB!

trane
02-09-2009, 03:47 PM
Nice. I know very little about the guy, except what I have read on this board, but there certainly seems to be upside to this kid.

Nodoubtguy
02-09-2009, 03:48 PM
Pablo Vitti signs for TFC
Striker will join the Reds in Florida

Toronto FC Media Relations
http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/images/2009/02/09/ntTbAG2B.jpg

Toronto FC announced Monday the signing of Argentine forward Pablo Vitti to a loan deal. As per team policy details were not released. Vitti, 23, joins from FC Chernomorets Odessa of the Ukrainian Premier League where he was on loan from Independiente of Argentina.

Pablo Vitti
Position: Forward
Height: 5-10
Weight:
Birthdate: July 9, 1985
Hometown: Rosario, Argentina
Nationality: Argentina

Read More (http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090209&content_id=216620&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280)

JonO
02-09-2009, 03:49 PM
^ my sensible side says I agree with Flats
The brotherly love is making my head spin... :p

scooter
fandamtastic

VPjr
wow...talk about lack of excitement.

I'm pleased. I've heard some stuff about this guy being a bit of an "interesting" character but he's a talented player...

We have some REAL competition at striker this season. That is what I'm most excited about.

Get us a defender and then Mo has done his job.

I'm not a MoJo fan but at least he's been working hard this off season

Pigfynn
That CB that's on trial (whatever his name is) the league 1 guy may be the best we're going to do now. Money wise things have got to be tight, if not full.

Shaughno
02-09-2009, 03:50 PM
wow...talk about lack of excitement.

I'm pleased. I've heard some stuff about this guy being a bit of an "interesting" character but he's a talented player...

We have some REAL competition at striker this season. That is what I'm most excited about.

Get us a defender and then Mo has done his job.

I'm not a MoJo fan but at least he's been working hard this off season

I'm excited to see him fit in with our squad, but I'm not getting my hopes up too early. He was fantastic against us in the friendly, but that's the only time I've really seen him play.

Agreed on Mo working hard.

Yohan
02-09-2009, 03:50 PM
And from the article it's a loan deal so if dude turns out to be shite, we can ditch him

flatpicker
02-09-2009, 03:51 PM
That CB that's on trial (whatever his name is) the league 1 guy may be the best we're going to do now. Money wise things have got to be tight, if not full.

which League One guy is this?

Bluenose13
02-09-2009, 03:53 PM
But,but,but......He's not from England or Scotland :D

Pigfynn
^^Darren Kenton (CB)

Nodoubtguy
which League One guy is this?

Darren Kenton - 30 year old English defender, journeyman (Leeds, Leicester, Southampton), who is currently out of contract after leaving Cheltenham following a short spell.

flatpicker
02-09-2009, 03:55 PM
^ so he's on trial then?

I lose track sometimes...

The Kingpin
Is Vitti on Loan? I was looking at Wiki (yes I know) but it says (loan) next to Toronto FC... It's enough to raise the question.

Pigfynn
^Yes sir

Nodoubtguy
02-09-2009, 03:56 PM
^ so he's on trial then?

I lose track sometimes...

yeah....a few other guys on trial too
http://my.thescore.com/footyblog/archive/2009/02/09/8497.aspx

Nodoubtguy
02-09-2009, 03:56 PM
Is Vitti on Loan? I was looking at Wiki (yes I know) but it says (loan) next to Toronto FC... It's enough to raise the question.

yep, loan deal

Pachuco
02-09-2009, 03:57 PM
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAA

I take everything back I've every said about Mo. Atleast all the stuff around Mo signing promising South Americans :)

Shaughno
02-09-2009, 04:00 PM
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAA

I take everything back I've every said about Mo. Atleast all the stuff around Mo signing promising South Americans :)

This is what I've been trying to say for two years now, it's not a walk in the park to just up and sign someone from South America. I don't recall where, but someone posted a good article about the RSL owner and he talks about the difficulties.

To be completely honest, I think Mo was after Vitti since the friendly.

H Bomb
02-09-2009, 04:01 PM
awesome. A young guy who hopefully can make a name for himself here. Nothing but good news for me

wzhxvy
02-09-2009, 04:02 PM
If I remember this guy correctly, he did some things that our backs could not simply deal with...I think he is the one that took a shot that looked like it was going to decapitate whoever stood in its way...I am very happy about this. I think its a good move...the loan part is interesting in a way...but its something..

TFCREDNWHITE
02-09-2009, 04:02 PM
YEEEESSSS!!!

Thank &^&%ING GOD!!!

Lets see if this kid has it in him!!!

Shaughno
02-09-2009, 04:03 PM
If I remember this guy correctly, he did some things that our backs could not simply deal with...I think he is the one that took a shot that looked like it was going to decapitate whoever stood in its way...I am very happy about this. I think its a good move...the loan part is interesting in a way...but its something..

Some things? Man, from what I remember he tore us a new one at almost every opportunity.

I think the loan was the ONLY way we had a chance of bringing him here.

dupont
02-09-2009, 04:03 PM
alright!! now we just need the season to start! :drinking:

Azerban
02-09-2009, 04:04 PM
Again, regarding the loan, if I remember correctly it's league policy that if you sign someone on loan, it has to be with an option to buy, to prevent a ManU-Royal Antwerp type situation.

Pachuco
02-09-2009, 04:04 PM
This is what I've been trying to say for two years now, it's not a walk in the park to just up and sign someone from South America. I don't recall where, but someone posted a good article about the RSL owner and he talks about the difficulties.

He was, just read in an article posted in this thread that Mo actually made an offer to Vitty the day after the game at BMO field. Since then, he's been after him.

Even if this guy doesn't work out, it's hard to blame Mo for making this move.

trane
02-09-2009, 04:08 PM
from torontofc.ca

I am a fan of Attakora, but this is not a flattering pick for him. ;)

TFC Via Buffalo
02-09-2009, 04:08 PM
After seeing his pic, I remember exctually who he was. He was great that game. YAY MO!!!!!

rocker
02-09-2009, 04:10 PM
this is one of the more promising South American signings in MLS since TFC came in to the league (beyond the big names signed from that continent). I mean, I only know his resume and the highlights from that game at BMO, but he seems like a more promising South American than the typical ones (certainly better than, for example, Franco Niell who DC signed and then dumped or some of the RSL signings).

The nice thing to know is that the kid played here, he's been on the fake grass and understood the kind of city we have and the kind of support. No surprises for him.

noochie
I bet he has pointy elbows

oxygenatedbrain
47th!!!

There was no way Indep was going to let him go free...and a fee would have counted against the cap, so...it's probably also why they delayed to see if they could unload him to a club that could pay a fee (he has an Italian passport)...now they can do that later...he was killing it in last 2 week's friendlies, much to the shock of Independiente fans...

Stencils
I just hope that we don't go all gaga over Vitti and forget about the guys we've already seen who have talent and already play for us. Chad's developing very well I think and he deserves some credit for the work he's put in. Same with the artist formerly known as Ibby.

Vitti is a signing and an exciting one, but he's got to compete for that starting spot just like the rest of them, right?

Pachuco
02-09-2009, 04:11 PM
this is one of the more promising South American signings (beyond the big names signed from that continent). I mean, I only know his resume and the highlights from that game at BMO, but he seems like a more promising South American than the typical ones (certainly better than, for example, Franco Niell who DC signed and then dumped or some of the RSL signings).

Yeah, next to Montero who Seattle signed this off season, I gotta say, this has to be one of the most promising young South Americans to come to MLS.

TFCREDNWHITE
02-09-2009, 04:12 PM
:hump::michael::michael::pbjtime::pbjtime::fluffy: :fluffy::drunk::drunk:

Pachuco
I just hope that we don't go all gaga over Vitti and forget about the guys we've already seen who have talent and already play for us. Chad's developing very well I think and he deserves some credit for the work he's put in. Same with the artist formerly known as Ibby.

Vitti is a signing and an exciting one, but he's got to compete for that starting spot just like the rest of them, right?

Could't disagree more. The guy is South American, that means he gets the starting role right away.

Ok before you all flip you must know I'm kidding :D

Nodoubtguy

for sure, but its nice to say that we have options upfront.....being able to choose from Chad, Pablo, Fuad, and DD if he's 100%.....wow!!!

Stencils
02-09-2009, 04:14 PM
for sure, but its nice to say that we have options upfront.....being able to choose from Chad, Pablo, Fuad, and DD if he's 100%.....wow!!!

Yep, it's like Carver says, "it's a problem I love to have".

Beach_Red
02-09-2009, 04:16 PM
Could't disagree more. The guy is South American, that means he gets the starting role right away.

Ok before you all flip you must know I'm kidding :D

Oh man, you should have let people freak out a little, would have been funny ;).

ensco
02-09-2009, 04:16 PM
Anyone else wonder if this means Guevara's days are numbered?

This is more confirmation that we are playing 4-4-2 (Carver has already said it's his preference).

We're now more or less set up front - Vitti and Barrett, with Dichio and Ibbe behind them (although nobody will be surprised if DD wins a starting spot)

So with this setup, the only thing that makes sense in midfield is Dero-Robinson-Guevara-Ricketts, but DeRo was really ineffective as an outside mid for Canada....and Guevara will miss a lot of games....and he makes $160K....

mlsintoronto
02-09-2009, 04:17 PM
interesting match report here:

http://www.fifa.com/tournaments/archive/tournament=104/edition=9102/matches/match=91020005/report.html

Chevy
02-09-2009, 04:17 PM

Rumour has it that when Vitti travelled from Buenos Aires to Ukraine, his flight had a short layover at Heathrow. So that makes it ok. :)

Beach_Red
02-09-2009, 04:18 PM

Let's put it this way, if he wasn't on the team and TFC said they were going after him everyone here would say that was crazy, a waste of cap space, etc...

Nodoubtguy

http://www.fifa.com/tournaments/archive/tournament=104/edition=9102/matches/match=91020005/report.html

Nice find Paul....has that been floating around the office for a few days??

rocker
wow.. chad barrett and marvell played against Vitti in the world youth champ as starters???... and Messi was on the bench. fascinating

Damien
02-09-2009, 04:20 PM
The only thing better than this are starwars figurines in their original packaging.

trane
02-09-2009, 04:22 PM
We are going 4-3-2-1. The Point (striker) will be Barrett/Dichio, De Ro and Vitti the attacking mids, and Guevara, Rickets and Robinson, the midfileders, Che playing in the midle. Just BS, who knows what Carver will do.

giambac
Well, it can't hurt. ;)

Why are we signing players from SA.

What a waste of time and money!!!!

Just kidding;)

I"m a big beleiver and in favour of signing players from SA. However, to be honest I don't know much about this guy.

Hopefully he pans out for us.

I'm assuming he isn't our DP player???

Is this still coming like Mo has been promising for the past 3 years or does this buy him more time until next year. I hope not. We need a DP qulaity player.

So far DERO and Vittio signing look good but this still isn't enough.

Spend more$$$ Mo

mlsintoronto
Nice find Paul....has that been floating around the office for a few days??

a little bit, yes.

felipe
we're going unbeaten this year!

flatpicker
02-09-2009, 04:23 PM
^ now there is optimism!

giambac
02-09-2009, 04:25 PM

That in itself maybe a positive. we need another style of play besides the boring kick it up and run after game.:D

ensco
We are going 4-3-2-1. The Point (striker) will be Barrett/Dichio, De Ro and Vitti the attacking mids, and Guevara, Rickets and Robinson, the midfileders, Che playing in the midle. Just BS, who knows what Carver will do.

That could be. Part of the point I was making was about money.

Lucky Strike
Fantastic news! The one day I don't check the forum and The Footy Blog 5 times a day is the day we get a big signing! And the fact he's on loan is great: low risk high reward, and that's the way to go!

profit89
02-09-2009, 04:27 PM
Vitti !

T0R0NT0 FC
02-09-2009, 04:27 PM
Sick! Things are looking good for this season AND even better for the future! :)

profit89
02-09-2009, 04:28 PM
Is he related to Paul Vitti?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d1/Analyze_this.jpg

giambac
02-09-2009, 04:28 PM
I am a fan of Attakora, but this is not a flattering pick for him. ;)

Oh shit,

so you know how this player plays.

He isn't worth all the hype.

I don't know much about the dude othe rthan what the media reportindgs are saying. I know most often it's bullshit and if you say your not that impressed tahn I'm satrting to get worried about this transaction especially if it means that Mo is done with signings.:(

S_D
02-09-2009, 04:29 PM

here it is...I just posted it a few hours ago in the Toronto FC forum

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=9654

Shaughno
02-09-2009, 04:31 PM
Cheers Soca poppa!

jloome
02-09-2009, 04:33 PM

This is more confirmation that we are playing 4-4-2 (Carver has already said it's his preference).

We're now more or less set up front - Vitti and Barrett, with Dichio and Ibbe behind them (although nobody will be surprised if DD wins a starting spot)

So with this setup, the only thing that makes sense in midfield is Dero-Robinson-Guevara-Ricketts, but DeRo was really ineffective as an outside mid for Canada....and Guevara will miss a lot of games....and he makes $160K....

No, he can play the same basic system in 4-1-3-2 and use Rohan slightly more inside than normal; that also allows him the freedom to push de ro and barrett wide with a striker up top if we're down by a couple.
i.e.

-------------Dero -----Guevara-----Ricketts
---------------------Robbo---------------------

or
--------DeRo----Barrett-----Vitti
--------Guevara---Robbo--Ricketts ---------

Either way, we already have good attacking fullbacks, so they can push the wide play when necessary and Rohan and Dero can push out a little to support them.

Bluenose13
02-09-2009, 04:34 PM
That in itself maybe a positive. we need another style of play besides the boring kick it up and run after game.:DI posted that just for you ;)

Gobi
02-09-2009, 04:34 PM
:pbjtime::hurray::cheers:

We're one Sami Hyypia DP-CB away from winning the league!

Jack
02-09-2009, 04:37 PM
Good signing. Good work by Mo.

One CB on the way soon.

TFC 420
02-09-2009, 04:40 PM
Good signing. Good work by Mo.

One CB on the way soon.
So whats the inside scoop?

Jack
02-09-2009, 04:41 PM

LOL

That is the inside scoop. :o

TFC 420
02-09-2009, 04:42 PM
ha ha ha

Yohan
I thought Darren Kenton was a RB/RW...

5'9 is a bit small for CB, unless you're Fabio Cannavaro...

ccopela

Darren Kenton has the inside track I guess because he's the only CB in on trial haha.

TFC 420
02-09-2009, 04:43 PM
Darren Kenton - 30 year old English defender, journeyman (Leeds, Leicester, Southampton), who is currently out of contract after leaving Cheltenham following a short spell.

????

DRock
02-09-2009, 04:44 PM
Oh shit,

so you know how this player plays.

He isn't worth all the hype.

I don't know much about the dude othe rthan what the media reportindgs are saying. I know most often it's bullshit and if you say your not that impressed tahn I'm satrting to get worried about this transaction especially if it means that Mo is done with signings.:(

He may not be worth the hype, but it's still exciting. An option to buy would be nice in the loan deal though, in case he rips this league apart!

tfcmanu
02-09-2009, 04:47 PM
OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHYYYYYYEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!! http://www.getsmileyface.com/sm/obscene/eck02.gif

San Jose, CA (Sports Network) - Toronto FC signed Argentine forward Pablo Vitti to a loan deal, the Major League Soccer club announced on Monday.

The 23-year-old joins the club from FC Chernomorets Odessa of the Ukrainian Premier League where he was on loan from Independiente of Argentina.

"We've kept tabs on him since he played here in the summer," TFC manager, director of soccer Mo Johnston said. "We actually made him an offer after that game, but it was refused at that time. MLS can be a difficult league for players to adjust to straight away so we are pleased that we could secure this loan deal now to allow Pablo time to adjust and settle in through a proper pre-season."

Vitti will join Toronto FC in Bradenton, FL on Tuesday. As per team policy details were not released.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/scorecard/ot...rticleID=252371 (http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/scorecard/othernews.asp?articleID=252371)

superfrankielampard
02-09-2009, 04:48 PM
he's got pretty good stats in football manager lol

anto7
02-09-2009, 04:48 PM
I missed the Indipendiente game last season so did not get to see Vitti in person.
Regardless I am very excited by this signing, he may have fallen away somewhat the last couple of years but anyone who can make the Argentina U20 World Cup team has obviously got talent and this move could just be the kick start he needs to get things going again.
As people have already said the fact that this is a loan deal means that we do not lose too much if he does not pan out.

trane
02-09-2009, 04:50 PM
I thought Darren Kenton was a RB/RW...

5'9 is a bit small for CB, unless you're Fabio Cannavaro...

We are signing Cannavaro fuck yes, a dream come true. :canada:

Pachuco
02-09-2009, 04:53 PM
a little bit, yes.

I have to say, that hint you threw out yesterday made me think it was going to happen by today. Thank God I didn't get my hopes up for nothing :)

S_D
02-09-2009, 04:54 PM
Some positive feedback on ives report on the signing,

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2009/02/toronto-fc-signs-pablo-vitti-on-loan.html

and a little interesting tidbit within the feedback that may just be someone blowing smoke up our collective posteriors

Word of mouf today is Tyrone Marshall to Seattle for Khano Smith. Decent pickup for TFC

will be interesting to see if this is going on because you don't trade a CB unless you already have a deal on the table for another. :)

BFin
02-09-2009, 04:57 PM
Can anyone confirm the loan offers always have to have an option to buy? I would love to know that if he succeeds here we can keep him at the end of the year.

Great work Mo. Keep it up. Love the competition up front, who do you think is the other striker? Hall? Fuad (lol)? Trialist?

BFin
02-09-2009, 04:58 PM
Another striker? Khano Smith? Really?

UltraSuperMegaMo
02-09-2009, 04:59 PM

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2009/02/toronto-fc-signs-pablo-vitti-on-loan.html

and a little interesting tidbit within the feedback that may just be someone blowing smoke up our collective posteriors

will be interesting to see if this is going on because you don't trade a CB unless you already have a deal on the table for another. :)

Why would TFC trade for Khano Smith? He’s not good at soccer.

Pachuco
02-09-2009, 05:00 PM

Khano Smith? yeah right. Unless we are trading him the last thing we need is another midfielder.

Pigfynn
^^Didn't he play on the wing in NE?

Pachuco
^^Didn't he play on the wing in NE?

Yes, as a midfielder out wide

BFin
02-09-2009, 05:01 PM
Maybe I am over analyzing Mo's 'Great problem to have'

But by my calculations this lists us with:

Barrett
Vitti
Dichio
Ibbi
Richardson
White
Hall
and potentially Khano??

I mean there is a big difference between a problem and an epidemic.
I would assume Ibbi goes to reserves, maybe even Hall, so does that leave
Barrett, Vitti, Dichio, White with Richardson and Khano cut?
I am very confused right now.

rocker
02-09-2009, 05:03 PM
what's there to be confused about Bfin? it's preseason and at some point all this will be sorted out as guys perform well or badly.

I'm not sure that Hall can make this team, so I wouldn't worry about that.

TicTacTabarnack
Can anyone confirm the loan offers always have to have an option to buy? I would love to know that if he succeeds here we can keep him at the end of the year.

Great work Mo. Keep it up. Love the competition up front, who do you think is the other striker? Hall? Fuad (lol)? Trialist?

Fuad is Ibby's first name ... I wonder how O'Brian White will fit in?

Pachuco
Maybe I am over analyzing Mo's 'Great problem to have'

But by my calculations this lists us with:

Barrett
Vitti
Dichio
Ibbi
Richardson
White
Hall
and potentially Khano??

I mean there is a big difference between a problem and an epidemic.
I would assume Ibbi goes to reserves, maybe even Hall, so does that leave
Barrett, Vitti, Dichio, White with Richardson and Khano cut?
I am very confused right now.

I didn't think we had reserves this year? as far as I know you are either on the roster or you are not.

DRock
02-09-2009, 05:04 PM
So i guess there's no chance of signing Richardson now, we already have a full roster, and i'm not sure if we need another striker. Don't forget we have White once he's healthy as well. I was hoping to see Richardson in action though, since he kicked ass in CCL for Joe Public. We do need a CB though, or i guess we could just keep 4 defenders and stock up on strikers and use every substitution to sub them off, and get 8 goals a game, and hopefully only concede 7 haha!

S_D
02-09-2009, 05:04 PM
don't shoot the messenger :D

I can't see the need for him either (Khano) but who knows with all of the roster stuff/shuffling that has to be done to get the players in we need. If it is indeed true maybe just trade bait :noidea:

TicTacTabarnack
02-09-2009, 05:06 PM
So i guess there's no chance of signing Richardson now, we already have a full roster, and i'm not sure if we need another striker. Don't forget we have White once he's healthy as well. I was hoping to see Richardson in action though, since he kicked ass in CCL for Joe Public. We do need a CB though, or i guess we could just keep 4 defenders and stock up on strikers and use every substitution to sub them off, and get 8 goals a game, and hopefully only concede 7 haha!

LMAO ... MLS is a high scoring league though.

BFin
02-09-2009, 05:06 PM
I didn't think we had reserves this year? as far as I know you are either on the roster or you are not.
Oh for real?
Sorry I meant Ibbi will have a developmental spot on the roster...
but either way my confusion remains, where do we go with all these guys? It's not like we are packaging khano for a new CB lol

BuSaPuNk
02-09-2009, 05:09 PM
Great news this is on Vitti. Can't complain with the work MoJo has put in this offseason. Hopefully Vitti can pan out here and play well. Now just that little CB problem.

I don't mind having the problem of too many players on tryouts and signed players. Good opertunity for Trader Mo to make an apperance.

Pachuco
02-09-2009, 05:10 PM
Oh for real?
but either way my confusion remains, where do we go with all these guys? It's not like we are packaging khano for a new CB lol

I don't see Richardson or Hall making the team at this point. Khano is just a stupid rumour I think. So that leaves us

Vitti
Barrett
Dichio
Ibbey
White (when he's fit)

I think that's pretty good.

UltraSuperMegaMo
No Khano. Dichio, Ibrahim, Vitti, Barrett, and White. You need 4 strikers. White won’t play much this year, Dichio is likely in his last season. The trial boys will be hard pressed to make the team at forward.

Pachuco
Oh for real?

I thought Ibbey was Generations Adidas?

rocker
02-09-2009, 05:11 PM
there's only 2 DEV spots available. Frei and Ibby have 2 already locked up. Generation Adidas is not a free roster spot. They count as one of the 4 DEV spots. That means one of Gala, Rosenlund, and Nana will either get a promotion to the senior team or be gone.

Pachuco
there's only 2 DEV spots available. Frei and Ibby have 2 already locked up. That means one of Gala, Rosenlund, and Nana will either get a promotion to the senior team or be gone.

Though I hate to say this, we could see Gabe Gala gone soon.

Roogsy
Today...

Today has been a good day. :D

rocker
02-09-2009, 05:13 PM
Mo has some assets he could trade too.. get rid of one of the kiddie keepers if he's desperate for room... and both have value.

BFin
02-09-2009, 05:13 PM
there's only 2 DEV spots available. Frei and Ibby have 2 already locked up. Generation Adidas is not a free roster spot. They count as one of the 4 DEV spots. That means one of Gala, Rosenlund, and Nana will either get a promotion to the senior team or be gone.
And so Richardson does not stick, and that leaves Kyle Hall...gone? Mo has said he was impressing in camp thus far, which leads me to believe he will secure himself a spot with the club (despite it being early).

BFin
02-09-2009, 05:15 PM
Mo has some assets he could trade too.. get rid of one of the kiddie keepers if he's desperate for room... and both have value.
People may kill me for suggesting it...but what about Ibbi? (And perhaps Edwards/Frei, whichever is not winning the battle in camp)
Barrett is 24, White is 23 I believe (if he can return to form), Hall is in his 20's, Vitti is 22 or 23.
We have a wealth of options at forward, and I think Ibbi might have some, if not the most trade value left in there. Despite me loving what he could bring to the table in a couple of years, I think we are in a position to utilize his Gen adidas standing, and performance from last year to put together a package for a defender.
Again, just putting out discussion.

rocker
02-09-2009, 05:16 PM
And so Richardson does not stick, and that leaves Kyle Hall...gone? Mo has said he was impressing in camp thus far, which leads me to believe he will secure himself a spot with the club (despite it being early).

Richardson has played 1 game.. and Kyle hasn't played any right? (was he in the first game). I wouldn't get ahead of things at this point.

Maybe Rosenlund is the one who will face a challenge from these guys.

bangersandmash
02-09-2009, 05:18 PM
What I would love to see is

1) probable week-to-week formation -- who will our main starters be
2) the "everyone is on international duty" formation
3) the "everyone just got back from international duty and our second string just played in San Jose on Saturday and now we have to play the frickin Impact on a Wednesday night" formation.

It looks like we're getting towards that kind of depth in the attacking roles and between the pipes, but let's hope our back 4 doesn't get called up! (or injured!)

BFin
02-09-2009, 05:19 PM
^^
Granted, It was more in response to Ives comment about Khano coming in.
Adding a 7th forward to the mix.

greatwhitenorf
02-09-2009, 05:27 PM
Can't wait til we have similar discussions about equally deep roster at CB.

Corpand
02-09-2009, 05:27 PM
Best part about this season...
Is how entertaining its gonna be. Oh man...

TFCREDNWHITE
02-09-2009, 05:30 PM

WoW!! Great find!!!

That is AWESOME!!! I remember Barrett saying in an interview that was his most memorable goal!!

S_D
02-09-2009, 05:30 PM
^^
Granted, It was more in response to Ives comment about Khano coming in.
Adding a 7th forward to the mix.

it wasn't ives comment....it was in the comments. it is why I said "and a little interesting tidbit within the feedback that may just be someone blowing smoke up our collective posteriors"

Any bets on how long it will be before it is on that rumours site :)

Pigfynn
02-09-2009, 05:31 PM
Can't wait til we have similar discussions about equally deep roster at CB.

Impossible given the roster restrictions. This is why the league is won by the best budget balancer.

ben_vw
02-09-2009, 05:33 PM
Yes, as a midfielder out wide

He is though, about as much of a dressing room cancer as Carlos Ruiz or Jeff Cunningham. I hope this isn't true.

S_D
02-09-2009, 05:36 PM
according to the excellent roster explanation thread by Wooster TFC

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=3237

We still have some room. Not sure how updated it is but it doesn't include Vitti yet and it does not include unsigned players such as Hall or the trialists. It has 17/20 senior spots (now 18/20 I assume) and 4/4 dev spots.

rocker
02-09-2009, 05:39 PM
wait a sec, roster reality check here:

If Gala, Nana, Frei and Ibby take up the 4 DEV spots, and if TFC keeps Rosenlund and signs Hall, plus with the addition of Vitti, they still have 1 senior roster spot open for one of these trialists. If they decide to keep only one of Rosenlund and Hall, they have 2 senior roster spots open. That's all they need -- a little wiggle room to maybe sign 1 or 2 of the trialists. And that's without having to trade or release any of the current team. If they trade someone, like Edwards, they have even fewer roster issues.

So let's not worry about fitting guys in.

You always want to trial more players than you can reasonably sign. You need some bodies for training camp, plus you don't want to get taken by a tough agent. If you have multiple trialists you don't have to settle for a guy just because he's all ya got on trial.

EDIT: S_D beat me to it!

Super
02-09-2009, 05:40 PM
Great news. I'm very excited about this loan deal. Remember, it's hard as hell to attract players to the cold north - no matter how much we love our city and know that it's the best place to play in North America.

Good job, Mo!!!

Luanda
02-09-2009, 05:40 PM
One or more trades are now on the horizon for a CB, with one of the younger keepers and possibly one of the younders Canadian lads or Velez/Marshall.

Yohan
02-09-2009, 05:46 PM
dont you just love it when trader mo goes to work and brings back gold?

ensco
02-09-2009, 05:58 PM
No, he can play the same basic system in 4-1-3-2 and use Rohan slightly more inside than normal; that also allows him the freedom to push de ro and barrett wide with a striker up top if we're down by a couple.
i.e.

or

Either way, we already have good attacking fullbacks, so they can push the wide play when necessary and Rohan and Dero can push out a little to support them.

My main point is, whatever the formation, we cannot put DeRo outside. In both your formations, you've got DeRo outside still, which I think will have us all tearing our hair out after three games. DeRo as an outside striker seems especially unworkable to me.

The second formation, a 4-3-3, I really just can't see it. Barca is the only team in the world playing it and succeeding right now, and until we sign Messi, Henry and Etoo.... ;)

Torcida
02-09-2009, 06:00 PM
I know I'm getting ahead of myself. But how amazing would a home playoff game be? I think we may have one this year!

Chevy
02-09-2009, 06:07 PM
He may not be worth the hype, but it's still exciting. An option to buy would be nice in the loan deal though, in case he rips this league apart!

Great news. I'm very excited about this loan deal. Remember, it's hard as hell to attract players to the cold north - no matter how much we love our city and know that it's the best place to play in North America.

Good job, Mo!!!

Odessa's Weather isn't that much better than Toronto's. From Wiki - Odessa city has a mild and dry climate with average temperatures in January of -2 °C (29 °F), and July of 22 °C (72 °F). It averages only 350 mm (14 in) of precipitation annually.

THAT SAID, here is the first image that popped up when I googled Odessa, Ukraine.:eek:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/33/97472049_dfdf4df835.jpg

flatpicker
02-09-2009, 06:12 PM
Shaaazzzzzaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bgnewf
02-09-2009, 06:13 PM
I am more than willing to give our dear leader the benefit of the doubt when I think he deserves it and on this one I think he deserves some credit for delivering a striker early enough in pre-season to at least have time to find out the names of his team mates. Whether he is Juan Pabel Angel or Denilson (or something in between) remains to be seen, but at least the timing is right.

But woe to Mo if he does not at least upgrade the centre back situation. I don't want to be like Galaxy and score 3 every match and have five or six scored against.

loconet
02-09-2009, 06:14 PM
THAT SAID, here is the first image that popped up when I googled Odessa, Ukraine.:eek:

.. and Mo managed to get him away from that place? MoGenius!

TFCREDNWHITE
02-09-2009, 06:17 PM
I am more than willing to give our dear leader the benefit of the doubt when I think he deserves it and on this one I think he deserves some credit for delivering a striker early enough in pre-season to at least have time to find out the names of his team mates. Whether he is Juan Pabel Angel or Denilson (or something in between) remains to be seen, but at least the timing is right.

But woe to Mo if he does not at least upgrade the centre back situation. I don't want to be like Galaxy and score 3 every match and have five or six scored against.

Excellent post! FULLY AGREE!

Dirk Diggler
02-09-2009, 06:18 PM
Good signing ... hopefully he pans out here in MLS.

But I don't understand why some people here think that we're stacked with forwards. Where are you guys seeing this depth? In my opinion, its only a three horse race with Barret, Vitti and Dichio. I wouldn't exactly call this depth. The other guys are all unproven ... in fact theres various question marks regarding Vitti and Dichio.

TFCREDNWHITE
02-09-2009, 06:19 PM

DAAAMMMMMMMN!!!! They are scorchers!! If Vitti is half as good as they are, i say bring it!!!!!:hump::hump::hump::hump:

:hump::hump::hump::hump:

Beach_Red
02-09-2009, 06:23 PM

We had a better defence than the Galaxy last year, no reason to think we got any worse.

As ExiledRed has pointed out so well, our defence was middle of the league last year, not bottom of the league, good enough to get us into the playoffs if we'd scored a few more goals. Did we score any goals in July last year?

We'd all like to see the defense improved (Mo mentions it in every interview) but even if it's just the same as last year with one more year of experience together, it'll be good enough to get us into the playoffs and win the Canadian Championship.

rocker
02-09-2009, 06:34 PM
ya.. offence was our #1 problem... I think with De Ro offence goes up. If Vitti pans out, it goes up even more.

Defence was the next issue, but not as pressing as offence. We were as good defensively as the NE Revolution last year.

T_Mizz
02-09-2009, 06:39 PM
Is anyone else as worried as I am about how the hell this team's going to find a formation? I thought it'd be tough enough when there wasn't two quality strikers

tlear
Very exciting!

I wonder if Chrnomoretz did not want him anymore? or how did we get him

Detroit_TFC
Odessa's Weather isn't that much better than Toronto's. From Wiki - Odessa city has a mild and dry climate with average temperatures in January of -2 °C (29 °F), and July of 22 °C (72 °F). It averages only 350 mm (14 in) of precipitation annually.

Verrry nice, how much?

NateDoGG
02-09-2009, 06:40 PM
well i hope he is not a flop....

NateDoGG
02-09-2009, 06:47 PM
if u know what i mean

Bender
02-09-2009, 07:01 PM
i.e.

or

OMG THAT"S FUCKING AWESOME!!!!

ONE DEFENDER AND WE'RE ALL SET FOR THE SEASON LADS!!! I think I have an erection from this.

Chevy
02-09-2009, 07:02 PM
Verrry nice, how much?

If you have to ask, you can't afford it. :hump:

Stouffville_RPB
02-09-2009, 07:04 PM
Here we go now!

DVS
02-09-2009, 07:10 PM
Vitti is on loan correct? If thats the case then i'm assuming its a one season type deal

Stouffville_RPB
02-09-2009, 07:14 PM
How many days until the season starts?!?! I can't wait.

Stouffville_RPB
02-09-2009, 07:17 PM

What are the chances Vitti brought one of them here for me?

Pachuco
02-09-2009, 07:17 PM
if u know what i mean

hahaha, that's funny. I don't recall seeing him flop too much at BMO. But it's possible. As long as it works in our favor, I could care less ;)

Zeke_Jones
02-09-2009, 07:28 PM
Good stuff!!

TFCREDNWHITE
02-09-2009, 07:35 PM
Nice, sorry i had to update my avatar with the pic! that chic is hot!

sully
02-09-2009, 07:35 PM
It's great that Mo is seemingly frank and clear about what's going on.."we'll shortly add a defender...and that'll be it..."

Inklink
02-09-2009, 07:40 PM
YES ! Finally! Can't wait for the season to start :)

wait a sec, roster reality check here:

If Gala, Nana, Frei and Ibby take up the 4 DEV spots, and if TFC keeps Rosenlund and signs Hall, plus with the addition of Vitti, they still have 1 senior roster spot open for one of these trialists. If they decide to keep only one of Rosenlund and Hall, they have 2 senior roster spots open. That's all they need -- a little wiggle room to maybe sign 1 or 2 of the trialists. And that's without having to trade or release any of the current team. If they trade someone, like Edwards, they have even fewer roster issues.

So let's not worry about fitting guys in.

What about Cronin and eventually OBW? (Just asking, maybe I'm missing something :noidea: )

Corpand
02-09-2009, 07:42 PM
http://es-la.facebook.com/people/Pablo-Vitti/1147491358

You can thank me later.

wzhxvy
02-09-2009, 07:49 PM
^ Thanks ! lol

Oh my god...he is not the blessed with the good looking genes but as long as he scores I will love him...look at his friends as well...like the who's who of horedom

icecoldbeer
02-09-2009, 07:50 PM

You can thank me later.

Maybe Pablo and DeRo can get a 2 for 1 deal on cornrows?

sully
02-09-2009, 07:51 PM

You can thank me later.

if he can score as many goals as hot lady friends he has we'll be alright

kdzb
02-09-2009, 08:04 PM

Very nice to see that VITTI was a starter and Messi, Aguero were in the bunch for that game.
That means, the GODS of argentine football placed him highly in 2005.
Why did he regressed since?
Anyway, I'm very happy that he is ours for now and I hope that he will make a name for himself in MLS.
I can't wait for the season to start. THANKS Paul for the link.

FluSH
02-09-2009, 08:05 PM
I can't fucking believe this.... how does MO pull shit like this! WOW1

rocker
02-09-2009, 08:06 PM
What about Cronin and eventually OBW? (Just asking, maybe I'm missing something :noidea: )

I already assumed they are on the roster. I was talking about the guys "on the bubble" or on development. We can keep White and Cronin and most of the guys we already have AND add 1 or 2 of the trialists. not bad. this is why Mo has always said that once he got a striker and a CB he was done. the team is pretty much settled without too much need for trades or whatever. I guess Dunivant was the one move he had to make so that everything else can settle in.

Shway
02-09-2009, 08:07 PM
please can someone tell me how many spots we have left now that vitti is signed?
im confused lol

rocker
02-09-2009, 08:13 PM
looks like 18 of 20 on the senior roster and 4 of 4 on the dev roster.
2 spots for trialists to fight for.

Broadview

Got it, got it, need it.

daner90
This is very exciting news!!! NO matter what this is a step in the right direction

Keyman
02-09-2009, 08:27 PM
Horrible, horrible news. What a horrendus signing.

Chevy
02-09-2009, 08:37 PM

OK, I'll bite. Why??:noidea:

Jack
02-09-2009, 08:40 PM
You can't just come in with a drive-by post like that. :rolleyes:

Roogsy
02-09-2009, 08:45 PM
Key-man has been pretty negative lately. I miss his high school innocence. Now he is jaded like the rest of us. :D

TFCREDNWHITE
02-09-2009, 08:47 PM
Here is what Youtube says about Odessa girls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0ebhYz_7gc&feature=related

:D:D:D:D:D

Keyman
02-09-2009, 08:49 PM
OK, I'll bite. Why??:noidea:

Haha I'm just kidding. I approve of the signing, I think it's a win-win for the club. However, I do have to say that I'm not exactly "sold" on him. He is a realtively unproven player, and no one can really predict whether or not he will thrive in the league. I'm not trying to criticize the signing whatsoever, I'm just attempting to add a dose of what I feel is reality to the situation. He's really an unknown commodity, at least to me.

Basically, I can't wait to see him play live for TFC, I'm hopeful that he can become our primary striker. But no one can justify whether this will actually happen.

Waggy
02-09-2009, 08:50 PM
TFC needs to set up a friendly with this Odessa team. Now THAT would be an away trip (in the summer). As long as theres no "And after Chernobyl my penis fall off!"

Jack
02-09-2009, 08:54 PM
Haha I'm just kidding. I approve of the signing, I think it's a win-win for the club. However, I do have to say that I'm not exactly "sold" on him. He is a realtively unproven player, and no one can really predict whether or not he will thrive in the league. I'm not trying to criticize the signing whatsoever, I'm just attempting to add a dose of what I feel is reality to the situation. He's really an unknown commodity, at least to me.

Basically, I can't wait to see him play live for TFC, I'm hopeful that he can become our primary striker. But no one can justify whether this will actually happen.
Nonetheless, young with something to prove is better than old with no fire left (Mr. Robert, you say?)

Keyman
02-09-2009, 08:54 PM
Key-man has been pretty negative lately. I miss his high school innocence. Now he is jaded like the rest of us. :D

Awwww do you miss me?:p
I didn't notice I'd been negative though, I'll try to fix that. lol

Nuvinho
02-09-2009, 08:56 PM

you pulled a giambac.....hahaha......just kidding, even he was happy with the signing.

Keyman
02-09-2009, 08:58 PM
Nonetheless, young with something to prove is better than old with no fire left (Mr. Robert, you say?)
Oh for sure. He's just not our saviour, at least not yet. I don't know if anyone was implying that though.

I'll be all euphoric when he starts tearing apart feeble MLS backlines.

twistedchinaman
02-09-2009, 08:59 PM
Huzzah!...?

Ossington Mental Youth
02-09-2009, 08:59 PM
im a little more convinced we will rid of Edwards before another one of our developmental players (like Gala).
Amazing signing btw, pretty psyched to see this guy go.
Also i agree with Jloome as to those two formations being most likely.

rocker
02-09-2009, 09:02 PM
TFC needs to set up a friendly with this Odessa team. Now THAT would be an away trip (in the summer). As long as theres no "And after Chernobyl my penis fall off!"

hahaha. i am glad Vitti has allowed us to have this greater cultural understanding of Ukraine.

Before when I thought of Ukraine I thought of Chernobyl radiation and this:

http://www.spraguephoto.com/stock/images/Health%20-%20Aging/3538%20Health%20-%20Aging%20Ukraine%20Old%20woman%20near%20Ternopil .jpg

jloome
02-09-2009, 09:11 PM
im a little more convinced we will rid of Edwards before another one of our developmental players (like Gala).
Amazing signing btw, pretty psyched to see this guy go.
Also i agree with Jloome as to those two formations being most likely.

I thought DC would make a move for him, given that their roster right now consists of one draftee and one league backup keeper.

Detroit_TFC
02-09-2009, 09:20 PM
This preseason feels so much better than last year. I remember the frustration of last year, knowing we didn't really have what we needed to put it all together.

I get a much better feeling this year. Not just the trialists and the new signings but also some of the comments the veterans have made, etc. Seems like people feel good, everybody is glad to be back in training.

BFin
02-09-2009, 09:40 PM
Okay, now that we are as offensively gifted as possible....lets get ourselves that CB you were looking for MOses...and based on what he has done this off season, my hopes remain unnecessarily high! :)

loconet
02-09-2009, 09:46 PM
he was born in the same town as Messi..

I hope they drank the same water and hopefully Vitti was just a bit late to bloom ..

Nuvinho
02-09-2009, 09:50 PM
I guess Richardson and the Bolivian spiderman are done...since I think we have enough strikers now.

Wooster_TFC
02-09-2009, 09:53 PM
according to the excellent roster explanation thread by Wooster TFC

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=3237

We still have some room. Not sure how updated it is but it doesn't include Vitti yet and it does not include unsigned players such as Hall or the trialists. It has 17/20 senior spots (now 18/20 I assume) and 4/4 dev spots.

Now updated to include Vitti.

The 18/20 includes every one of the draft picks except Hall, as he is not yet signed. The 4/4 assumes that Ibbe is still GA, although that is hard to determine. It also assumes that one of Rosenlund or Attakora is still on a DEV contract (Attakora currently being the one labelled). So, there's at least 1 open senior spot, and maybe even 2.

I think the Dunivant trade may have had more to do with salary than roster spots, since we seem to have ample space in both INT spots, and senior roster spots.

S_D
02-09-2009, 10:01 PM
If anyone finds out we have blown some allocation cash, let me know so I can update the TFC - Picks/Trades/Int Slots/Allocations (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=4655) thread

rocker
02-09-2009, 10:06 PM
Vitti takes down Edu

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/02GoavVfiWc0q/610x.jpg

rocker
02-09-2009, 10:08 PM
Brian Edwards not enjoying Vitti

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/09om9QBafg4ld/340x.jpg

mclaren
02-09-2009, 10:14 PM
All well and good but hello, central defence anyone? Bit of a glaring gap in there.

Nuvinho
02-09-2009, 10:21 PM
All well and good but hello, central defence anyone? Bit of a glaring gap in there.

He is coming.......don't know when.......don't know who.....but he is coming :eek:

Ossington Mental Youth
02-09-2009, 10:22 PM
dude, its coming, look at the trialists, theres one guy that plays CB in there and im sure there are possible trades on the horizon if necessary

TFCREDNWHITE
02-09-2009, 10:22 PM
MoJo will be signing someone in the next couple of days in the CB spot....

mclaren
02-09-2009, 10:23 PM
He is coming.......don't know when.......don't know who.....but he is coming :eek:

Shouldn't that be THEY are coming? We need at least 2 new centrebacks. Hate to be the party pooper and all but we all want the best for the team.

Nuvinho
02-09-2009, 10:25 PM
I think we will get one CB who isn't on trial right now. I don't think the CB on trial will make the team......doesn't seem like a CB who would put fear into opposing strikers.

BFin
02-09-2009, 10:26 PM
MoJo will be signing someone in the next couple of days in the CB spot....
is this a guarantee? or a guess?

Ossington Mental Youth
02-09-2009, 10:44 PM
I dunno, im thinking me might sign Kenton or whatever his name is, hes actually done ok (as suggested by his wikipedia page) and was asked to extend his contract at Cheltenham but decided not to. We gotta remember that we arent that above League one teams as far as defending is concerned.

TFCREDNWHITE
02-09-2009, 10:52 PM
is this a guarantee? or a guess?

Well MoJo said so in the video interview in TFC's website...

ExiledRed
02-10-2009, 12:00 AM
Well MoJo said so in the video interview in TFC's website...

Mojo's a worse source than MLSrumours.

true.

TFCREDNWHITE
02-10-2009, 12:38 AM
Not this year.... ;-)

TFCREDNWHITE
02-10-2009, 12:41 AM
Can someone please translate??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAkwsYNeDZQ

Inklink
02-10-2009, 02:11 AM

I hope I get out of Ukraine and into the MLS. Toronto is the best city in the world, best football club on the continent. Yes, very happy to hear of TFC rumours :noidea: :D

zeelaw
02-10-2009, 02:35 AM
Mojo's a worse source than MLSrumours.

true.
lol zinger

Jack
02-10-2009, 07:53 AM

He's talking about starting for Independiente. Nothing in there of interest.

TorontoBlades
02-10-2009, 08:21 AM
Vitti takes down Edu

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/02GoavVfiWc0q/610x.jpg

....and Edu helped take down our turf....therefore it was Vitti that is the one to bring us real grass !!!!!!

Nodoubtguy
02-10-2009, 08:43 AM
lol...found this pic I took

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3247/2674752659_89214e2fa2.jpg?v=0

jloome
02-10-2009, 04:15 PM
You should hook up with him on facebook and take a look at his 368 friends....80% drop dead hot women.

They love the beastly look.

TFCREDNWHITE
02-10-2009, 06:10 PM

You can thank me later.

Sweet BABY JESUS!!! This guy has some HOT ASS chicks as friends!!

Truely STACKED!

Thank you!!, you just brightened my day.

Shway
02-10-2009, 06:12 PM
You should hook up with him on facebook and take a look at his 368 friends....80% drop dead hot women.

or the money
or trying to get to aguero or messi lol

TFCREDNWHITE
02-10-2009, 06:18 PM

Wait a second!, How come your friends with him?? Are you trying to get close to the 80%??? :)

Brooker
02-10-2009, 06:24 PM
didnt people learn anything from last year?

panicking about gaps in our roster before the season starts is a waste of time.

first game is almost 8 weeks away. you'd think we start march 1st with some of the concern around here.

Eastend
02-10-2009, 06:25 PM

first game is almost 8 weeks away. you'd think we start march 1st with some of the concern around here.

We start March 1st???? Holy Crap!!!!

TFCREDNWHITE
02-10-2009, 06:26 PM

When is Stoke gonna start worrying?!???

just fooling around...:p

jloome
02-10-2009, 07:39 PM
Wait a second!, How come your friends with him?? Are you trying to get close to the 80%??? :)

Yes, and if any spanish-speaking RPB's want to let the lovely ladies know that his official western Canadian tour guide is happy to give them personal escort through Vitti's favourite parts of Edmonton, go right ahead!

(Wife, ignore this if you're reading this board today. I love you. Put the breadknife down, baby....)

TFCREDNWHITE
02-10-2009, 08:43 PM
Yes, and if any spanish-speaking RPB's want to let the lovely ladies know that his official western Canadian tour guide is happy to give them personal escort through Vitti's favourite parts of Edmonton, go right ahead!

(Wife, ignore this if you're reading this board today. I love you. Put the breadknife down, baby....)

:smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

Baggio2TFC
02-10-2009, 09:33 PM
Just wondering if anyone thinks this could be our DP.

Christiano Panucci

He is 35 and is not resigning with Roma. Still plays for Italy's NT and is a CB.

I think he would be a good fit and good for atleast 3-4 more years as CB's are good for longer!

Something tells me MOJO is brewing this up...just a hunch though!

loconet
02-10-2009, 09:37 PM
so the general feeling from the Independiente fans (on forums) is that they are happy this is only a loan. They think he is far from being the worse in their team their team - Vitti had decent matches when he was given the chance (which were not many).

Having said that, some thought Toronto was in the states and that TFC plays in second division of an American league :rolleyes:

Jack
02-10-2009, 09:55 PM
Just wondering if anyone thinks this could be our DP.

Christiano Panucci

He is 35 and is not resigning with Roma. Still plays for Italy's NT and is a CB.

I think he would be a good fit and good for atleast 3-4 more years as CB's are good for longer!

Something tells me MOJO is brewing this up...just a hunch though!
Not from what I've heard.

Pachuco
02-10-2009, 10:00 PM

So what have you heard? :D

Jack
02-10-2009, 10:01 PM
So what have you heard? :D

Definitely nothing about Panucci :D

ben_vw
02-10-2009, 10:04 PM
Definitely nothing about Panucci :D

Phewph :cool:

James Oliphant
02-10-2009, 10:04 PM
Having said that, some thought Toronto was in the states and that TFC plays in second division of an American league :rolleyes:

Well at least our team's in FIFA 09, bitches!

Rudi
02-10-2009, 10:06 PM
Me neither.

werewolf
02-10-2009, 10:08 PM
Me three!

poppamidnight
02-10-2009, 10:29 PM
A - I really want to see this guy interviewed, and (seeing his age) hope his english advances further than Amado's did through last year...

and

B - If i nab this yrs kit, Im tempted to get Vitti on this one...sad part is, i've seen dissapointed people who jump to early on the 'name-on-kit' bandwagon: a la Robert, O'Brian.... so i think i'll have to wait 3 matched to make my decision. I really hope this guy excells

Yohan
02-10-2009, 10:35 PM
Isn't Panucci another natural RB anyways?

Inklink
02-11-2009, 05:08 PM
A - I really want to see this guy interviewed, and (seeing his age) hope his english advances further than Amado's did through last year...

and

B - If i nab this yrs kit, Im tempted to get Vitti on this one...sad part is, i've seen dissapointed people who jump to early on the 'name-on-kit' bandwagon: a la Robert, O'Brian.... so i think i'll have to wait 3 matched to make my decision. I really hope this guy excells

Put Robbo, Dero, or Dichio :D

TorontoBlades
02-11-2009, 05:18 PM

and

I'm one of them :( I just try to convince people my real first name is "Robert" ....it's what i get for making fun of the chick at BMO with the Casey kit

Suljazz
02-13-2009, 01:10 PM
ya he is a RB... I havent seen him play CB before... but i havent watched Serie A in years.

Marco2K
02-13-2009, 01:12 PM
Hey guys. Just got back from Cuba.

whats the deal with the Vitti signing?

this loan is for how long and how much?

TFCREDNWHITE
02-13-2009, 01:41 PM
Hey guys. Just got back from Cuba.

whats the deal with the Vitti signing?

this loan is for how long and how much?

Details aren't disclosed but its probably one year.

How much? that you'll have to ask MoJo....

We are now waiting for at least one, possibly two CB signings...

lucster
02-16-2009, 02:58 PM
There is one more signing to come from South America. Very reliable Source told me. The paper work is being worked out as we speak.

LucaGol
02-16-2009, 03:03 PM
There is one more signing to come from South America. Very reliable Source told me. The paper work is being worked out as we speak.

Not funny if you're making this up.

Cambridge_Red
02-16-2009, 03:07 PM
Position?

dantdot
02-16-2009, 03:13 PM
He posted in the onward thread

Another Defender on the way
I very reliable source advised that another South American defender is on the way. Paperwork for entry into Canada is being done as we type.

Ossington Mental Youth
02-16-2009, 08:17 PM
nice!
ill assume its a CB

lucster
02-17-2009, 07:19 AM
The Source also confirmed vitti 3 days before it was announced. I hope he is correct again

Ossington Mental Youth
02-17-2009, 08:07 AM
Both you and I Lucster, both you and i

Shakes McQueen
02-17-2009, 08:11 AM
The Source also confirmed vitti 3 days before it was announced. I hope he is correct again

You made me a happy man today.

- Scott

TorontoBlades
02-17-2009, 08:17 AM
I think 3 quartes of this board could have confirmed Vitti 3 days before he signed.

Shakes McQueen
02-17-2009, 09:00 AM
I think 3 quartes of this board could have confirmed Vitti 3 days before he signed.

Well, we all knew talks were going on, but before it was announced the last word we had was that Independiente were holding up the deal.

- Scott

ensco
02-17-2009, 10:58 AM
Why is Lucster posting this in every thread on here?

If you're legit Lucster, then I'll take it back, but this looks a bit more like "attention getting" than it does "reporting"

Ossington Mental Youth
02-17-2009, 11:27 AM
prob because people dont read half the threads on the board and then post a thread 5 times about Beckham maybe staying in Milan or what have you, im sure he's certain about it and also wants to spread the word, no harm done

djking2
02-17-2009, 11:32 AM
Why is Lucster posting this in every thread on here?

If you're legit Lucster, then I'll take it back, but this looks a bit more like "attention getting" than it does "reporting"

I'm with you Ensco. I'll take it back if I need to but Lucster's posting history started yesterday. Makes me wonder.

Ossington Mental Youth
02-17-2009, 11:37 AM
its not that outlandish a claim, this sort of thing happens regularly, im not going to be all worked up if it doesnt happen as im certain we will have our CB/CBs by the start of teh season.

Also several people have mentioned that an international CB was on the way around the time of the Vitti signing.

Lucky Strike
02-17-2009, 12:06 PM
prob because people dont read half the threads on the board and then post a thread 5 times about Beckham maybe staying in Milan or what have you, im sure he's certain about it and also wants to spread the word, no harm done

That was the way I took it. I think on a forum, you can be allowed the benefit of the doubt unless you show that it's not appropriate.