PDA

View Full Version : Its Called Football - Guest: Bob Lenarduzzi

It's Called Football
02-08-2009, 06:26 PM
Bob Lenarduzzi, President of the Vancouver Whitecaps, joins Ben Rycroft, Ben Knight and Chantelle Junker to talk about MLS expansion, recent signings and where he ranks Montreal and Toronto in comparison to his club.

Watch it all here (http://www.metronews.ca/toronto/blog/post/178833)

Cheers
Ben

dupont
02-09-2009, 01:04 PM
nice episode. It was nice to hear Bob Lenarduzzi on there and his opinions on things. This show really kicks ass with the good guests!

I got this weird impression when he was talking that they aren't having as much conversations with MLS as you would think. I know he didn't say that but somehow I still got that vibe from him that they are in the dark about the expansion process moreso than he would have thought.

Redcoe15
02-09-2009, 02:11 PM
I got this weird impression when he was talking that they aren't having as much conversations with MLS as you would think. I know he didn't say that but somehow I still got that vibe from him that they are in the dark about the expansion process moreso than he would have thought.
My two cents: Don Garber is waiting for Portland to get its money all lined up for a refurbishing of the Timbers current stadium to make it more SSS friendly for MLS's liking. I do think we'll be seeing the two new franchises to be in Portland (not a bad choice, IMO) and Miami (MAJOR, MAJOR MISTAKE! :prrr:).

rocker
02-09-2009, 02:21 PM
i think Garber could be indeed waiting for Portland... but I'm not so sure it's cuz he knows Portland will come up with the money, but he just wants to make sure he has given the team every chance to do so.

Cuz Portland could always come in for 2013.. no need to force them in now if everything isn't right. But he probably also doesn't want to screw their chances of getting money soon by saying he's picking Miami and Vancouver.