PDA

View Full Version : Players you're excited about this year - Who?

J .
02-08-2009, 03:30 PM
Just curious if anyone currently on the TFC roster people are excited about seeing.

Ill start.

Rohan Ricketts. Last season he was rather inconsistent, but showed flashes of being an All Star. If RR worked out in the off season, got in better conditioning and was mentally prepared for the daily grind I expect he could double his goal total up to 8.

DeRo. Expectations will be massive on this guy and I am interested if he can carry the weight of the expectations. I am hoping he can pull through and pair up with Che to make a serious mark on the league.

Guevara. With DeRo added to the mix will Che throw the fits of being a locker room danger or will he get the space he was not getting last year. Che and DeRo will be huge for us either in success or defeat. Without these two guys playing at the top of their game our offense will stifle, guys like Barrett and RR will suffer.

Harmse. I like the way this guy plays and I hope he worked out hard this offseason to get ready to be a central defender. He only got burned twice, but I thought he played better than Velez and Marshall on the backline. He hustles and is very composed on the ball in our own end. At the worst he'll be one of the first off the bench. Poor technical skills yes, but good working attitude hopefully will be complimented with better positional and tactical play.

JDG
02-08-2009, 03:53 PM
I'm with you on your picks.
I'm also really looking forward to seeing Cronin working with Robo. When Robo & Edu were manning the Defensive Mid line I thought we played our best defensive games. They really made up for the less than spectacular back line. I think Robo/Cronin could have the same effect.

rocker
02-08-2009, 04:24 PM
I'm very curious to see what this keeper Frei is all about. but he probably won't play at all.

Nuvinho
02-08-2009, 04:37 PM
I am excited about the new CB and new striker.........when they come!!!

Roogsy
02-08-2009, 04:39 PM
3 players

DeRo obviously. I want to see what his effect is on the team.

Rohan. Last year showed flashes of brilliance and this year will be match fit right from the start and having worked with the roster for some time.

Chad. Young. Cannon for a leg. With some space being created for him I think he can put more away.

Stencils
02-08-2009, 04:46 PM
Che? Who is this Che guy?

Excited to watch Ricketts after he's had a proper preseason and potentially a little more room to move.

Looking forward to seeing Barrett develop further as a striker and continuing the show of good play he displayed at the end of the last season.

I wouldn't say I'm excited to see it, but I'm very interested to see how our back line has progressed since last years rather seive like showing. I'm very much hoping for improvements.

Roogsy
02-08-2009, 04:58 PM
Che? Who is this Che guy?

Dunno....LOL! Nobody on TFC with that name!

Ossington Mental Youth
02-08-2009, 08:16 PM
He means Guevara and i hope hes joking when he uses the name Che

Pachuco
02-08-2009, 09:39 PM
Just curious if anyone currently on the TFC roster people are excited about seeing.

Ill start.

Rohan Ricketts. Last season he was rather inconsistent, but showed flashes of being an All Star. If RR worked out in the off season, got in better conditioning and was mentally prepared for the daily grind I expect he could double his goal total up to 8.

DeRo. Expectations will be massive on this guy and I am interested if he can carry the weight of the expectations. I am hoping he can pull through and pair up with Che to make a serious mark on the league.

Guevara. With DeRo added to the mix will Che throw the fits of being a locker room danger or will he get the space he was not getting last year. Che and DeRo will be huge for us either in success or defeat. Without these two guys playing at the top of their game our offense will stifle, guys like Barrett and RR will suffer.

Harmse. I like the way this guy plays and I hope he worked out hard this offseason to get ready to be a central defender. He only got burned twice, but I thought he played better than Velez and Marshall on the backline. He hustles and is very composed on the ball in our own end. At the worst he'll be one of the first off the bench. Poor technical skills yes, but good working attitude hopefully will be complimented with better positional and tactical play.

I'm with you except I would replace Harmse with Cronin. Much more exited to see what Cronin brings.

Also, I can't for the life of me understand why people relate Guevara to Che. They have the same last name, so what. His nickname is El Lobo, that's what we should call him.

Ossington Mental Youth
02-08-2009, 09:51 PM
Basically the whole team with its new parts and preseason training in full effect has got me riled up

ben_vw
02-08-2009, 09:53 PM
All of the Above, + Johann.

ExiledRed
02-08-2009, 09:55 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing a recovered Danny Dichio back on the pitch.

When Danny was healthy, he scored some cracker goals for us and his passing was superb. I'm hoping we can see more than just a few games of that this season.

jloome
02-08-2009, 11:42 PM
Barrett. I think it's his breakout year. His ability to pull away but also to muscle guys off the ball is already pretty wicked; if he improves his shooting accuracy he could have a huge year, with both DeRo and Guevara feeding him.

Bender
02-09-2009, 05:02 AM
I'm looking forward to a healthy Dichio. And of course DeRo... Barrett as Jloome mentioned as well.

BuSaPuNk
02-09-2009, 09:21 AM
Healthy Dichio should be great this year. Barrett should be better with most of last season starting, getting that under his belt will help him alot. DeRo because you know it's DeRo. Ricketts with a full training camp should be alot better this year. And hopefully with Cornin being under Robbo this season I expect him to play well and compete for a starting spot.

Laurignano
02-09-2009, 01:08 PM
I am looking forward to non other then to make the playoff lol But if it has to be a player... I would have to go with looking forward to seeing El Lobo have a big year for our club.

trane
02-09-2009, 01:56 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing a recovered Danny Dichio back on the pitch.

When Danny was healthy, he scored some cracker goals for us and his passing was superb. I'm hoping we can see more than just a few games of that this season.

Agree, he is still the guy, as far as I am concerned with TFC, providing he is healthy.