PDA

View Full Version : Garber Helping TFC Screw Over Impact - Montreal Ultras

Bender
02-08-2009, 03:20 AM
Le calendrier 2009 du TFC est sorti aujourd'hui et je n'ai pus m'empêcher de remarquer (avec une légère sensation de paranoïa) qu'ils ont seulement 2 parties au mois de Juin!!?

Translation: "TFC's 2009 schedule was released today and I've noticed that they only play 2 games in June."

He then goes on to say:

"Is this an attempt by Don Garber to help TFC stay rested for the Voyageurs cup games?? Is MLS desperately trying to make sure TFC wins the Canadian championship this year to spite Joey Saputo??"

They are coming up with excuses already!!! :D

Edit: Also worth noting they only have 3 games in June themselves so...

http://www.ultrasmontreal.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6526

nascarguy
02-08-2009, 03:23 AM
lol what loser's there just mad they will never get a mls team and ottawa will....

Bender
02-08-2009, 03:30 AM
Dare I post a pic of their new drum?? haha...

nascarguy
02-08-2009, 03:35 AM
27 May: Impact de Montreal vs. Toronto FC at Montréal’s Stade Saputo
17 June: Impact de Montreal vs. Vancouver Whitecaps at Stade Saputo
25 June: Vancouver Whitecaps vs. Impact de Montreal at Vancouver’s Swangard Stadium
1 July: Toronto FC vs. Vancouver Whitecaps at Toronto’s BMO Field
9 July: Vancouver Whitecaps vs. Toronto FC at Swangard Stadium
22 July: Toronto FC vs. Impact de Montreal at BMO Field

Nomad
02-08-2009, 04:09 AM
27 May: Impact de Montreal vs. Toronto FC at Montréal’s Stade Saputo
17 June: Impact de Montreal vs. Vancouver Whitecaps at Stade Saputo
25 June: Vancouver Whitecaps vs. Impact de Montreal at Vancouver’s Swangard Stadium
1 July: Toronto FC vs. Vancouver Whitecaps at Toronto’s BMO Field
9 July: Vancouver Whitecaps vs. Toronto FC at Swangard Stadium
22 July: Toronto FC vs. Impact de Montreal at BMO Field

That's from last year.....

Super
02-08-2009, 04:56 AM
We can't talk smack until we actually win the damn cup.

Cashcleaner
02-08-2009, 05:00 AM
Unfortunately, I really don't think Garber gives a shit about the V-Cup. At least not enough to help us schedule around it. If anything, we probably just lucked out when the club was negotiating things with the rest of the league for play dates.

I guess these guys in Montreal really do have no idea how this league is run. :noidea:

Bender
02-08-2009, 05:03 AM
We can't talk smack until we actually win the damn cup.

Well technically speaking they've never beaten us.

Super
02-08-2009, 05:13 AM
Well technically speaking they've never beaten us.

People keep reminding me, but they won the cup. That's all that matters.

Bender
02-08-2009, 06:24 AM

True. However that said, this is still hilarious... besides, since they won the cup why are they coming up with pathetic excuses before kick off? They should be more confident than that wouldn't you agree?

Really this tells me two things:

1) They're scared of the lads.
2) They're pathetic.

werewolf
02-08-2009, 06:59 AM
First and foremost, we don't play two games in June, we play three, and we also play 3 games in July.

I know they don't support the national team up in those parts, but we have this big tournament (second behind WCQ in terms of importance), called the Gold Cup. It runs for three weeks, plus any pre-tourny camp around that time. Additionally I would suspect the US Open Cup might have a couple rounds. And finally, there are two World Cup Qualifying match-days.

Bender
02-08-2009, 07:02 AM
First and foremost, we don't play two games in June, we play three, and we also play 3 games in July.

I know they don't support the national team up in those parts, but we have this big tournament (second behind WCQ in terms of importance), called the Gold Cup. It runs for three weeks, plus any pre-tourny camp around that time. Additionally I would suspect the US Open Cup might have a couple rounds. And finally, there are two World Cup Qualifying match-days.

Bingo.

Ossington Mental Youth
02-08-2009, 07:50 AM
as much as i hate the impact (adn believe me, i do with all my heart), there are one or two voices of relative reason in that thread, one poster makes mention that they too have two breaks in May and June. Then someone else goes on to say that its a comparison between two leagues, one serious, the other a garage league (or pick up league or whatever).:rolleyes: Sure thing, USL is really really serious. World reknowned. They clearly do not take in to thought the fact Canada/the world is playing international games. Fuck em. Let em whine and cry. Cant wait till we play those dumb cunts.

Nic tous tes maires 'tis bleu salopes sale

rocker
02-08-2009, 08:41 AM

So the individual games don't matter?

That's how the cup is decided. So the games matter, and matter of fact Montreal never beat us.

Keep this in mind always, if you're a TFC fan. If you're an Impact fan, then go ahead and forget the facts and celebrate winning the Cup without actually having to beat the highest level team.

koryo
02-08-2009, 08:58 AM
Semantics aside, the Impact Ultras must have a massive inferiority complex to whinge like they are.

Sign of things to come.

Heathen
02-08-2009, 09:22 AM
Apparently there was a thread on the Impact board where they were shitting themselves because they thought the TFC game in montreal would be on a weekend or holiday and they'd be invaded by 3000 of us

loconet
02-08-2009, 11:57 AM
Nothing better than some healthy shit flinging to reinforce the rivalry.

Season cannot come soon enough!

Redcoe15
02-08-2009, 12:42 PM
lol what loser's there just mad they will never get a mls team and ottawa will....
Ottawa in MLS? :smilielol5:

Mojo
02-08-2009, 12:46 PM
L'Excuses already? I thought New France was better than that!

Actually, no I didnt. I NEVER thought they were better than that.

rocker
02-08-2009, 12:59 PM
L'Excuses already? I thought New France was better than that!

Actually, no I didnt. I NEVER thought they were better than that.

"New France" is too respectful... we should call them British North America ;)

James Oliphant
02-08-2009, 01:09 PM
Lower Canada will do.

mr k
02-08-2009, 01:28 PM
based on the chatter on other boards, looks like they'll have 50k+ for the match on the 25th - maybe they should move the TFC match to stade olympique also.

RedRum
02-08-2009, 02:24 PM
based on the chatter on other boards, looks like they'll have 50k+ for the match on the 25th - maybe they should move the TFC match to stade olympique also.

Yeah but I guarentee you 2/3 minumum of that 50k will be Mexican. Central and South Americans happily travel long distances to support their team - as anyone who went to Canada/Honduras at the Stade Fromage will attest.

I dont want to see the TFC game moved there. It's a nice little stadium they play in. Even if the game is on a weekend and they only give us 10% of the tickets (1300), as long as TFC supporters get theirs thats fine with me.

Cashcleaner
02-09-2009, 01:20 AM
Apparently there was a thread on the Impact board where they were shitting themselves because they thought the TFC game in montreal would be on a weekend or holiday and they'd be invaded by 3000 of us

We'll still bring it no matter what day of the week the game falls on. :cool:

twistedchinaman
02-09-2009, 01:24 AM
True. However that said, this is still hilarious... besides, since they won the cup why are they coming up with pathetic excuses before kick off? They should be more confident than that wouldn't you agree?

Really this tells me two things:

1) They're scared of the lads.
2) They're pathetic.

I'd have to say more 2). Having won the trophy before, we can hardly say they are 1)...

Bender
02-09-2009, 04:39 AM
I'd have to say more 2). Having won the trophy before, we can hardly say they are 1)...

Well we can, because again.. they've never beaten us.

Brooker
02-09-2009, 04:50 AM
oh look what i found on their board....

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d144/toxicwaste_10/Stuff/401_east_toronto.jpg

what a talent. it's as shit as the garbage bag banners they brought last year.

Bender
02-09-2009, 05:00 AM
Just to add fuel to the fire... their new drum! What a piece of shit haha..

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll128/carlla01/DEMO_BASSDRUM_001.jpg

Ossington Mental Youth
02-09-2009, 07:20 AM
How can anyone claim that we dont have a rivalry with them?
I fucking hate those cunts

DOMIN8R
02-09-2009, 08:20 AM
I didn't know that Garber did all the MLS scheduling himself. Wow. I thought he'd have staff to do that or something.

akoto
02-09-2009, 08:30 AM
How can anyone claim that we dont have a rivalry with them?
I fucking hate those cunts

QFT +1

I really hope the match in MTL is on a Saturday this year. Last year was good but we could bring a lot more this year if it's on a weekend.

Cashcleaner
02-09-2009, 08:39 AM
I didn't know that Garber did all the MLS scheduling himself. Wow. I thought he'd have staff to do that or something.

Well, overall league policy is established by him and the board and because Garber is pushing SuperLiga over CONCACAF Champs League as well as international friendlies for clubs, the regular season scheduling is arranged with that in mind.

Oldtimer
02-09-2009, 08:44 AM
The teams can request certain dates to be blocked off for other items (US Open Cup, Voyageurs Cup, Superliga, pointy-ball matches in non-SSS etc.). TFC certainly requested time off around the V-Cup games. It's good that MLS was able to accommodate us. :D

Garber most certainly doesn't do the scheduling, there are committees that do that. He probably has to approve the final schedule (makes sure sponsors are happy, etc.).

Oldtimer
02-09-2009, 08:48 AM
^ Well, overall league policy is established by him and the board and because Garber is pushing SuperLiga over CONCACAF Champs League as well as international friendlies for clubs, the regular season scheduling is arranged with that in mind.

Garber's realized that the clubs value CCC competitions over the Superliga, so the top teams last year like the Crew will play in the CCC next year. Superliga will be for the runners-up (UEFA Cup like). Garber values the Superliga because it brings in lots of cash for the league when US teams play Mexican clubs, and being first and formost a money-man the Superliga will continue to be important to him.

However, after problems of fixture congestion during the 2008 season (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Major_League_Soccer_season), Major League Soccer announced that starting with SuperLiga 2009 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_SuperLiga_2009) it will no longer allow teams to compete in both the CONCACAF Champions League and the SuperLiga, so the criteria for MLS teams has been amended to the top four teams not already qualified for the Champions League.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_SuperLiga

Cashcleaner
02-09-2009, 08:52 AM
^ Oh yeah, there's no denying the fact that SuperLiga is his pride and joy for that very reason. It won't matter much in the next few years I think, though. I don't see the competition lasting much long even with the change in format. CCC seems to be really taking off. It's really all a non-issue for us though when you consider that at the moment Toronto FC isn't even eligible to play in SuperLiga.

BuSaPuNk
02-09-2009, 09:15 AM
That's from last year.....

Any word on when they post the games for this year?

Oldtimer
02-09-2009, 09:20 AM
Any word on when they post the games for this year?

Paul B. said later in February.

BuSaPuNk
02-09-2009, 09:23 AM
^ Very nice just hoping the road trip to Montreal is on the weekend and no in the middle of the week.

Lucky Strike
02-09-2009, 09:32 AM
^ Oh yeah, there's no denying the fact that SuperLiga is his pride and joy for that very reason. It won't matter much in the next few years I think, though. I don't see the competition lasting much long even with the change in format. CCC seems to be really taking off. It's really all a non-issue for us though when you consider that at the moment Toronto FC isn't even eligible to play in SuperLiga.

Actually we are: we can't qualify for the US Open Cup nor the CCC through MLS but we can get to Superliga through MLS.

Right? I don't mean to put you on the spot, it's just before this I never heard anyone else say we're not eligible for Superliga; it's just I was 100% sure before this. Anyone have more insight?

Cashcleaner
02-09-2009, 09:41 AM
^ Nope, you're right. I was getting it mixed up with CCC which we can't get into through MLS (that's why we have the V-Cup).

e-karam
02-09-2009, 10:47 AM
Yeah but I guarentee you 2/3 minumum of that 50k will be Mexican. Central and South Americans happily travel long distances to support their team - as anyone who went to Canada/Honduras at the Stade Fromage will attest.

Wrong. They'll take the metro to the game.

jwfm1985
02-09-2009, 11:01 AM

I dont want to see the TFC game moved there. It's a nice little stadium they play in. Even if the game is on a weekend and they only give us 10% of the tickets (1300), as long as TFC supporters get theirs thats fine with me.

I disagree. There will definitely be Santos support, but over 30K??? Santos draws 18K to home games back in Mexico, I doubt they will get that many passionate supporters in Montreal... especially if Saputo is giving tickets out to local Montreal school as is rumored....

Oldtimer
02-09-2009, 11:17 AM
I disagree. There will definitely be Santos support, but over 30K??? Santos draws 18K to home games back in Mexico, I doubt they will get that many passionate supporters in Montreal... especially if Saputo is giving tickets out to local Montreal school as is rumored....

He's actually selling the tickets through the schools (you probably meant that...)

jwfm1985
02-09-2009, 01:35 PM
He's actually selling the tickets through the schools (you probably meant that...)

I'd be interested to see what the average price was :rolleyes:

mighty_torontofc_2008
02-09-2009, 02:10 PM

Isnt BMO trying to host a Gold Cup group stage? thats why there is little action around those dates?

Bender
02-09-2009, 07:08 PM
Isnt BMO trying to host a Gold Cup group stage? thats why there is little action around those dates?

I've heard that around these boards somewhere as well...

james
02-09-2009, 07:32 PM
MLS said they would try to schedule the season so that International dates dont overlap season games as much as possible....isnt the Gold Cup in June? that would be one reason for playing fewer matches.

Believe me, no one went out of there way to screw Impact over in the V-Cup,m thats just a stupid idea:p

RedRum
02-09-2009, 08:08 PM

With all due respect, you are delusional if you think only Santos supporters will attend. Look at the TFC friendly vs Pachuca. There were 30 Mexican national team jerseys to be seen for every Pachuca shirt.

Many of the people who came to support Pachuca I talked to weren't even Mexican, but from other central american countries. Pissed me off that they would rather support a country that preys on their fellow citizens trying to migrate north than support a team from their chosen new home.

Montreal will be no different. The visual and vocal support will be overwhelmingly in the visitors favor - which I must confess (for once) will be fine with me :D

twistedchinaman
02-09-2009, 08:19 PM
Well we can, because again.. they've never beaten us.

And NOW you remind me...:banghead:

still, 2) more than 1). The inferiority complex is as naked as Pam Anderson on a PETA photo shoot.

AL-MO
02-09-2009, 08:20 PM
With all due respect, you are delusional if you think only Santos supporters will attend. Look at the TFC friendly vs Pachuca. There were 30 Mexican national team jerseys to be seen for every Pachuca shirt.

Many of the people who came to support Pachuca I talked to weren't even Mexican, but from other central american countries. Pissed me off that they would rather support a country that preys on their fellow citizens trying to migrate north than support a team from their chosen new home.

Montreal will be no different. The visual and vocal support will be overwhelmingly in the visitors favor - which I must confess (for once) will be fine with me :D

Ask FluSH about that.

RedRum
02-09-2009, 08:27 PM
Ask FluSH about that.

LOL yeah I know people were riding him for not automatically supporting his latino brothers :rolleyes:

Toronto Ruffrider
02-09-2009, 11:28 PM

This reminds me of the crowd that was present at the Impact/Atlante tilt in Montreal. From the TV, I saw a lot of generic Mexican apparel and flags in the crowd, including quite a few Mexicans beside the Impact supporters section - sound familiar?:rolleyes: Even if actual Santos supporters are in short supply, I would be shocked if Impact fans outnumbered Mexicans at Olympic Stadium.

Bender
02-10-2009, 12:36 AM
And NOW you remind me...:banghead:

still, 2) more than 1). The inferiority complex is as naked as Pam Anderson on a PETA photo shoot.

I'll take care of her for ya. :hump:

werewolf
02-10-2009, 06:24 AM
This reminds me of the crowd that was present at the Impact/Atlante tilt in Montreal. From the TV, I saw a lot of generic Mexican apparel and flags in the crowd, including quite a few Mexicans beside the Impact supporters section - sound familiar?:rolleyes: Even if actual Santos supporters are in short supply, I would be shocked if Impact fans outnumbered Mexicans at Olympic Stadium.

I went to that game, since I was in the area. I couldn't understand it, but mexican flags, America jerseys, pretty off-topic. But again, not supporting the home team...the common factor in that stadium.