PDA

View Full Version : Crew fans copying TFC fans (video)

TFC07
05-25-2008, 04:49 PM
IgUnOWzvQ_o

MrHawk
05-25-2008, 04:53 PM
No that's just us, in black/yellow doing this to give us more of a reason to hate Crew fans :)

Brooker
05-25-2008, 05:11 PM
waaaaaaaaait a minute... arent these the same people who bitched at us for throwing streamers and called it stupid?

Detroit_TFC
05-25-2008, 05:16 PM
I noticed the same thing on last night's broadcast (had TFC on the computer and Crew on the tv).

Daveisonfire
05-25-2008, 05:19 PM
Apparently they throw smoke bombs though

Global_Warning
05-25-2008, 05:27 PM
If our tradition spreads all over the league, streamers will soon be banned.

Billy the kid
05-25-2008, 05:35 PM
I guess they can atleast sell out the corners of the stadium.

Mikey
05-25-2008, 05:39 PM
I guess they can atleast sell out the corners of the stadium.

Nope.
Pretty sure it's only in one corner......not all four like BMO.

TFC07
05-25-2008, 05:40 PM
waaaaaaaaait a minute... arent these the same people who bitched at us for throwing streamers and called it stupid?

Most likely....

If our tradition spreads all over the league, streamers will soon be banned.

True, Colorado have been doing that as well.

Draracle
05-25-2008, 05:47 PM
Good job crew. Anything sign that the league is becoming more "TFC" is a good sign.

Fort York Redcoat
05-25-2008, 05:56 PM
This is an abomination in our game and should be banned. It makes us look amateur and is boring now...or so some say...

Captain Croatia
05-25-2008, 05:57 PM
We should take the smoke bombs now, they looked pretty wicked after DC's first goal yesterday

TFC07
05-25-2008, 06:26 PM
We should take the smoke bombs now, they looked pretty wicked after DC's first goal yesterday

I don't think we are allowed to use our own smoke bombs.

footyfan
05-25-2008, 06:35 PM
Apparently they throw smoke bombs though

Crew are unoriginal pieces of shit. They copy YOUR streamers and our smoke bombs..:rolleyes:

Dirk Diggler
05-25-2008, 06:42 PM
I better not see a single crew fan bitching about our usage of streamers anymore. If those bastards have any integrity, they'd know better than to display such hypocrisy.

Christoff
05-25-2008, 06:43 PM
meh they arnt copying us, we didnt come up with the ole streamer toss, we just applied it to our pitch and kinda made it a trademark for TFC games, but overall we borrowed the idea from someone eles, just like the crew borrowed it from someone eles.
im pumped to see that happening though, even the smoke bombs make me happy, looks like the league is turning into a more euro style game day and kinda walking away from the baseball game style game day it has had in the past.

BosakWBC
05-25-2008, 06:44 PM
Wouldn't throwing smoke make it way harder for the keeper to see the ball once it's kicked. Creating a smoke screen would benefit the opposing team taking the corner. Not a good idea.

Dirk Diggler
05-25-2008, 06:51 PM
Wouldn't throwing smoke make it way harder for the keeper to see the ball once it's kicked. Creating a smoke screen would benefit the opposing team taking the corner. Not a good idea.

I'm quite certain that the players taking the CK would like to have an idea as to where he is kicking the ball as well.

RealG-TFC
05-25-2008, 06:55 PM

He would see it just as the other players would see it so it really doesn't matter.

Bars92
05-25-2008, 07:38 PM
We will get busted by the cops if we start throwing smoke bombs :(

MFBODD
05-25-2008, 08:34 PM
Houston fans toss streamers as well, just not as many!

I thought the smoke and FLAGS (on the side, not just ends) looked good at the DC match, but we'd get tossed for sure if we started launching smoke at the games.

BBBulldog
05-25-2008, 08:45 PM

I thought the smoke and FLAGS (on the side, not just ends) looked good at the DC match, but we'd get tossed for sure if we started launching smoke at the games.

how are they gonna toss 1500 Barra out, is it really worth it for few smokes?

I like the way we do streamers as display, although one of DC owners asked me if we're gonna throw them at players taking corner kicks (he was hoping we were), I thought that was funny.

http://www.bastaic.com/ultras/fire7/5_8_08_dc_chi_c.jpg

Benficachop20
05-25-2008, 09:53 PM
wait a minute i thought those crew fans from the podcast said we wanted to be like them?

james
05-25-2008, 10:42 PM

I like the way we do streamers as display, although one of DC owners asked me if we're gonna throw them at players taking corner kicks (he was hoping we were), I thought that was funny.

i think DC have the best visual effects in MLS with the huge flags and smoke bombs. And liked it how at the begginning of the game it seemed like they had a thousand or more smaller flags waving.

Keystone FC
05-26-2008, 01:30 AM

We said the Crew fans are trying to copy us, we didn't say they were smart in how they went about doing it.:rolleyes:

Keystone FC
05-26-2008, 01:34 AM

The one thing that I saw at Houston games that kinda of irked me and really gave me a fear of the league coming down on all fans was that the Dynamo supporters would throw streamers at the goal and goalie while the ball was in play near the goal.
Cornerkicks...fine, throw-ins...not so much, ball in play near the goal...WHAT THE @#$% ARE YOU DOING!

BBBulldog
05-26-2008, 01:45 AM
i think DC have the best visual effects in MLS with the huge flags and smoke bombs. And liked it how at the begginning of the game it seemed like they had a thousand or more smaller flags waving.

was only 300

I think I'd get banned from home depot if I bought pvc for 1000 flags, checkout guy already asked me if I'm installing sprinkler system. I said I'm Amazon arms dealer, arming a headhunter tribe with modern blowguns :)

The one thing that I saw at Houston games that kinda of irked me and really gave me a fear of the league coming down on all fans was that the Dynamo supporters would throw streamers at the goal and goalie while the ball was in play near the goal.
Cornerkicks...fine, throw-ins...not so much, ball in play near the goal...WHAT THE @#$% ARE YOU DOING!

damn amateurs, this is how to defend your goal :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrt2Hv_ojB0

Mojo
05-26-2008, 02:01 AM
This is good... I didnt know they had fans.

Keystone FC
05-26-2008, 02:30 AM
was only 300

I think I'd get banned from home depot if I bought pvc for 1000 flags, checkout guy already asked me if I'm installing sprinkler system. I said I'm Amazon arms dealer, arming a headhunter tribe with modern blowguns :)

Don't give them any ideas.

nascarguy
05-26-2008, 03:31 AM
was only 300

we do this if the argo's move in I'm going to burn the bitch down

Barbarez
05-26-2008, 07:17 AM

I wish more people here took that attitude....

FluSH
05-26-2008, 09:01 AM
BBBulldog,

I was impressed by your mini flag choreo (Black, White, Red) that you guys did! ...But I still don't like you or your team!

DinamoTFC
05-26-2008, 09:15 AM

Now thats what you call a 12th man lol.

Technorgasm
05-26-2008, 09:21 AM
This is an abomination in our game and should be banned. It makes us look amateur and is boring now...or so some say...

QFT.

Streamers fucking rock, they help the atmosphere. . but need to stay off the pitch and away from players.

can you imagine the entire East side just COVERED in them? that would be a great sight.

After they are banned. . . . face it. . its gonna happen. . . this will not be a possibility.

Longevity of Fan-dom freedom should be a concern for everyone here.

Not all True, hardcore, pasionate supporters are in the South End.

TicTacTabarnack
05-26-2008, 09:32 AM
Wow ... I'm surprised the 30 strong crew fans in the corner next to the stage managed to throw so many streamers and smoke bombs.