PDA

View Full Version : Galaxy Reject Beckham Bid

Kooper
02-07-2009, 04:49 PM
The question is. Do they want to keep him?

"If David ultimately is an asset for this team, we want him back," Leiweke said.

or is this an attempt to get more money?

"Clearly, if David's in a position where he wants to finish the season in Milan, and Milan in turn compensates the Galaxy so that we can suffer no damages to our fans or to our team, then we'll take a look at it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/7877079.stm

Pachuco
02-07-2009, 05:06 PM
hmmm...too bad they didn't say how much the offer was for. Either way, I'm sure this is just basic negotiation tactics at this point.

Canary Canuck
02-07-2009, 05:07 PM
LA holds all the cards and I hope they squeeze every dime out of Milan. A third of it goes into the league coffers and helps pay our players. There's my positive spin on it lol

nascarguy
02-07-2009, 05:14 PM
milan does not have the money to pay the price for him there going to have to sell kaka to pay for him

The Oz
02-07-2009, 05:27 PM
milan does not have the money to pay the price for him there going to have to sell kaka to pay for him

If they didn't sell him to Man City chances are they aren't going to sell him because of becks.

Pachuco
02-07-2009, 05:29 PM

well if they did that, you can count on a decade of Milan playing in the UEFA Cup :)

They should probably sell the entire team before they sell Kaka. Actually, I would keep Pato as well because I could see him as world player of the year in no time.

mighty_torontofc_2008
02-07-2009, 05:40 PM
Nice to see the Galaxy doing the right thing.....Beckham knew the deal when he signed with them so he should honor the contact.....England wont win shit with or without him so whos kidding who about helping England.

nascarguy
02-07-2009, 05:56 PM
yeah England has been shit and it not just one player it's the whole team. the team started to be shit before Beckham left real m. I think beckham should have never left manu for real.

real turns great players into shit.

Bluenose13
02-07-2009, 06:00 PM
Nice to see the Galaxy doing the right thing.....Beckham knew the deal when he signed with them so he should honor the contact.....England wont win shit with or without him so whos kidding who about helping England.A load of shit....

yeah England has been shit and it not just one player it's the whole team. the team started to be shit before Beckham left real m. I think beckham should have never left manu for real.

real turns great players into shit.followed by another load of shit.....

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
02-07-2009, 06:14 PM
A load of shit....

followed by another load of shit.....

and i'll third!!! that load of SHIT!!..

ensco
02-07-2009, 06:17 PM
Anybody who seriously thinks Beckham will return to the Galaxy, I have a subprime mortgage on a piece of prime Florida everglades swampland that they might also find compelling

Kooper
02-07-2009, 06:43 PM
Anybody who seriously thinks Beckham will return to the Galaxy, I have a subprime mortgage on a piece of prime Florida everglades swampland that they might also find compelling

I think there is a chance that he will play in Milan until May then come back here for the summer and fall then return to Milan for good.

nascarguy
02-07-2009, 06:46 PM

what beckham want he gets. If he is not sold by the end of his loan deal in march he will haft to come back or he will have to pay a big fee to get out of his deal. I think he will be a dick head and just buy his way out of his deal.

Shakes McQueen
02-07-2009, 07:21 PM
They could also reach an agreement where they let Beckham stay until the conclusion of the Serie A season, and their UEFA Cup run, then have him return to LA to play for the Galaxy for the balance of the MLS season.

In the meantime, perhaps Milan could loan the Galaxy a player - I'd say someone like Shevchenko, but that is likely shooting too high.

- Scott

nascarguy
02-07-2009, 07:33 PM
They could also reach an agreement where they let Beckham stay until the conclusion of the Serie A season, and their UEFA Cup run, then have him return to LA to play for the Galaxy for the balance of the MLS season.

In the meantime, perhaps Milan could loan the Galaxy a player - I'd say someone like Shevchenko, but that is likely shooting too high.

- Scott that sound like a great deal and it's a great way to keep players fit for cup play.

but it sound like UEFA will not let beckham play in the cup with milan for one game

Shakes McQueen
02-07-2009, 07:52 PM
that sound like a great deal and it's a great way to keep players fit for cup play.

but it sound like UEFA will not let beckham play in the cup with milan for one game

My proposed resolution would let Beckham stay for Milan's entire season, UEFA Cup and all.

- Scott

Detroit_TFC
02-07-2009, 11:31 PM
^ like what was said above

Seems to me that David Beckham, Ltd. could have run this deal a lot smoother by getting an extention to play through the end of AC Milan's season with a promise to finish out the MLS season then leave permanently for Milan or whereever. AC Milan would pay for the loan, which MLS would pocket, the Galz would put some butts in seats in the second half of the season and nobody would have said a peep when he left in November.

nascarguy
02-08-2009, 12:04 AM
I just seen this

"We need to end the distractions, the circus and the zoo,'' Leiweke said. "We just received an offer. It was rejected.''

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=616973&sec=europe&cc=5901

La wants 20m for beckham.

20m could get la a some new players

nascarguy
02-08-2009, 12:11 AM
you know what la should put beckham on the open market and say the highest bider gets him.

forza_tfc
02-08-2009, 08:41 AM
I just seen this

"We need to end the distractions, the circus and the zoo,'' Leiweke said.

Anyone else find this quote funny? Recognition of LA Galaxy absurdity?

TFCREDNWHITE
02-09-2009, 01:26 PM
Galaxy want 22 million USD or 15 million pounds for Becks. Perfect. Now lets see AC Millan pony up the duckets!!

Maybe Milan can put in 15 million USD and Becks can throw in 7 million of his own.

Git'er Done!!! and Keep on Trucking!!!

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2009/02/report-galaxy-want-22-million-for-beckham.html

flatpicker
02-09-2009, 02:12 PM
I hope this deal gets done!

Enough of the insanity!

Fork over the cash Milan!

LA would be a far better team with that cash...
and even though I would never want to wish good fortune on any other team in the league... a good LA could be good for MLS.
They are obviously the most recognisable soccer team in the USA... so having them compete well would be good PR.
It also wouldn't hurt to see LA do well in a post-Beckham era (not that they could get any worse)

rocker
02-09-2009, 02:19 PM
can you imagine if the league got 20 million USD for becks?

that's like half an expansion team!

FluSH
02-09-2009, 02:21 PM
can you imagine if the league got 20 million USD for becks?

that's like half an expansion team!

LA Galaxy would get 2/3 and MLS 1/3 of that... So in essence the bid at $10M is actually quite low for the Galaxy to take.

rocker
02-09-2009, 02:23 PM
LA Galaxy would get 2/3 and MLS 1/3 of that... So in essence the bid at $10M is actually quite low for the Galaxy to take.

yup.. like I said, that's half an expansion team's value ... in one shot!
great value for the league and LA.

I don't even think they get 20 million in TV rights fees per season.

TFCREDNWHITE
02-09-2009, 03:38 PM
Galaxy: Milan Need To Speed Up Negotiations

The Americans are unhappy with Milan's relaxed attitude towards Beckham and they have told the Italians to step on the gas.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1110/major-league-soccer/2009/02/09/1101210/galaxy-milan-need-to-speed-up-negotiations

TFCREDNWHITE
02-09-2009, 03:40 PM
The Italians are probably busy drinking Wine and eating some nice pasta with baked pancetta....They better hurry up!

scooter
02-09-2009, 03:55 PM
milan must be prepared to pay up
did anybody see the game not this past weekend but the one before
in the first half he sent in 2 beautiful crosses that ended up in the net
only one was allowed because of an off side call but man can he send
in quality balls -- he is a teams and coaches dream player

akoto
02-10-2009, 12:46 PM
Marshall's two cents....

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,12878_4910706,00.html

trane
02-10-2009, 01:45 PM
Why the fuck is Marshall worrying about Galaxy and them going to Championship. He just pissed me right off. His focus needs to be TFC, and the fucking Galaxy.

Roogsy
02-10-2009, 01:49 PM
He's simply making statements many across the league are asking. And having come to us from LA, I am sure he has some perspective on it.

TFCREDNWHITE
02-10-2009, 01:52 PM
Why the fuck is Marshall worrying about Galaxy and them going to Championship. He just pissed me right off. His focus needs to be TFC, and the fucking Galaxy.

Its funny you mention that, because at one of the Pub crawls last year i mentioned that you must love playing for Toronto FC and being at BMO Field, He replied by saying

"yeah it's nice, but not as nice as LA, I love the weather in LA and they have pretty decent support, Toronto's support is better though."

WTF!? I couldn't really believe my ears, so its kinda funny that this story now comes out.....

trane
02-10-2009, 01:53 PM
Fuck , the season is comming near, my hate for all over MLS teams is back in full force.

I realy fucking hate them all.

Don Julio
02-10-2009, 01:58 PM
If I learned one thing while closely following the failed Kaka-to-City negotiations, it's that Milan is run by a bunch of selfish, lying, manipulative politician twats. I hope the negotiations go on and on for another month and then fall apart and Beckham claim he never wanted to stay and his heart belongs in L.A. since the money wasn't good enough.

Twats.

GabrielHurl
02-10-2009, 02:40 PM

Not anymore he doesn't

BFin
02-10-2009, 02:44 PM
Did I miss a Marshall trade?

EDIT: Yes he did...but Allocation money? We better have a glut of defenders coming.

BFin
02-10-2009, 02:49 PM
Not to be a disagreeable shite, but didn't Ricketts also talk about Beckham leaving in an article some 7 days ago? Why were you guys not all over him for that? Kind of unfair to take commenting on a reporters questions and say that the guy is not focussed on his own team. Even if he is a dick as TFC RedNWhite got to experience up close and personal.

akoto
02-11-2009, 10:06 AM
Ok. This is just insane! This rumor says LA wants Ronaldinho for Becks! LOL

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_soccerblog/2009/02/we-want-ronaldinho-for-beckham-says-galaxy.html

Fort York Redcoat
02-11-2009, 10:07 AM
Ok. This is just insane! This rumor says LA wants Ronaldinho for Becks! LOL

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_soccerblog/2009/02/we-want-ronaldinho-for-beckham-says-galaxy.html

Oh that's like for like.:rolleyes: