PDA

View Full Version : Onward! -- Our women: Canada's team

Ben Knight
02-07-2009, 09:08 AM
I’ve spent a lot of time in a lot of grandstands, bars and chalk-filled utility rooms, talking a lot of soccer with a lot of experts.

Often I hear – and still it amazes me – “spending money on women’s soccer is a waste."

http://onwardsoccer.com/2009/02/07/our-women-canadas-team/

felipe
02-07-2009, 10:02 AM
I couldn't agree more, I love watching the womens' team - smart, technical players - just a little slower than the men - but more advanced tactically then most men's sides.

The thing I love about womens soccer is they play much more as a team.

I liken the difference of womens nat'l team to mens soccer as the difference from mens college basketball to the NBA. One is a solid team based unit that is much more effective as a whole, albeit slower and less dynamic - the other has the razzle dazzle, where you will see some amazing athletic stuff.

Just don't ask me to watch women's hockey...ugh.

boban
02-07-2009, 10:32 AM
A few facts off but not bad Ben.

I_AM_CANADIAN
02-07-2009, 11:02 AM
I couldn't agree more, I love watching the womens' team - smart, technical players - just a little slower than the men - but more advanced tactically then most men's sides.

The thing I love about womens soccer is they play much more as a team.

I liken the difference of womens nat'l team to mens soccer as the difference from mens college basketball to the NBA. One is a solid team based unit that is much more effective as a whole, albeit slower and less dynamic - the other has the razzle dazzle, where you will see some amazing athletic stuff.

Just don't ask me to watch women's hockey...ugh.
I actually like watching women's hockey, they need to allow contact though, but I think it would give even more of an advantage to Canada. :D

starrynightnf
02-07-2009, 07:13 PM
Hey nice article!