PDA

View Full Version : columbus away support?

the-lower-eastsider
05-14-2008, 12:35 AM
sorry if this has been posted somewhere...does anybody know how many columbus supporters are actually comin up for the game? what are we lookin at numbers wise? anybody? insert "how many crew supporters can u stuff in a VW beetle?" joke here.
craiger

Red CB Toronto
05-14-2008, 05:38 AM
I really wonder how many we will see since the Supporters Bus was canceled, I find it funny that TFC took the stance that the Crew Supporters could not sell any of there allotment to people in Ontario, they must have really thought they a lot of them would filter there way up here.

Razor
05-14-2008, 08:09 AM
sorry if this has been posted somewhere...does anybody know how many columbus supporters are actually comin up for the game? what are we lookin at numbers wise? anybody? insert "how many crew supporters can u stuff in a VW beetle?" joke here.
craiger

not many bud, maybe 10-20 at the most. if that....

Red CB Toronto
05-14-2008, 08:11 AM
It will be very litte maybe so little we will not notice them, that would be sad.

The Kingpin
05-14-2008, 08:11 AM
From what I recall Craig.. They were having trouble drumming up much support at all.

Nodoubtguy
05-14-2008, 09:14 AM
7 people is my guess.....and I think I'm being generous!!!

Artur3575
05-14-2008, 09:18 AM
They are bunch of guys who act like a supporter group only on forums nothing else

stugautz
05-14-2008, 10:04 AM
And somebody tell me exactly why we're supposed to keep putting seats aside for visiting supporters?

Carts
05-14-2008, 10:14 AM
My guess... 7...

Two cars with 4 in one, 3 in the other...

That's it, that's all...
Carts...

Roogsy
05-14-2008, 10:21 AM
And somebody tell me exactly why we're supposed to keep putting seats aside for visiting supporters?

It's a good point...who can blame TFC for not being prepared to do more than 100 seats when nobody other than MAYBE Chicago and DC would ask for more? Everyone else = FAIL

Artur3575
05-14-2008, 10:21 AM
hahaha you right so much talk about us putting only small amount of seats aside for away supporters and then there are few of them coming ,please face it TFC is a sell out

Chevy
05-14-2008, 01:03 PM
I'm thinking 20. Thirty if the welfare cheques go out this week.

Leprechaun
05-14-2008, 01:07 PM
I'm guessing 15 lol. Its a shame that club doesn't get more support. Not only are we their biggest rivals but this is a very important game for both teams.

TFC Via Buffalo
05-14-2008, 01:08 PM
Well, people are getting our "Economic stimulus" checks(sorry, cheques) starting last week. If you filed your tax returns on time and are single, you get $600, $1200 if you are married, and $300 for each kid. Yes, our economy is in such a state right now, they are giving us money to try and get it going.

And based on what I've seen in that dump, I'd assume 8 inbred Columbus children can afford you the luxury of a ticket to come to TO.

Lucky Strike
05-14-2008, 01:10 PM
I'll go with 13. And by doing so, they'll bring bad luck to their club. Any number between 0-30 is realistic.

footyfan
05-14-2008, 01:29 PM
craiger

Please do not associate Crew supporters with Volkswagen.

http://www.behindthebadge.com/050808_RepublicaGirls_5_SM.jpg
k thx

Leprechaun
05-14-2008, 01:42 PM
^ nice

Hooligan69
05-14-2008, 01:51 PM

k thx

SWEET. Three very fine young ladies. footyfan's best post ever. :D

tfctillidie
05-14-2008, 01:54 PM
the girl with the brown belt is hella fine..the one in the left, and the middle not so much...I've seen far better looking girls here in Toronto...anyways so I wont go off topic, they'd probably bring 2 vans the most

Troll
05-14-2008, 02:03 PM

k thx

The one on the right is the same guy that tried to bribe Ronaldo... Look at that adams apple!

Hooligan69
05-14-2008, 02:07 PM
The one on the right is the same guy that tried to bribe Ronaldo... Look at that adams apple!

LMAO

Post of the day right there.

Leprechaun
05-14-2008, 02:08 PM

haha ya i don't find her attractive at all. way too manly.

the one on the left is MINT!

TOBOR !
05-14-2008, 02:10 PM
can I direct your attention over here for a moment : http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=198 ?

EdTheRed
05-14-2008, 02:53 PM
You know, it's kinda sad that they're in first place, and they may well end up with fewer away fans in Toronto this weekend than DC has at Chivas (36 and counting). FFS, for us fans of opposing teams, Toronto is the best road trip in MLS* (the Wednesday scheduling and a one-month old baby are keeping me from making it back for this year's DC game...which sucks, for the record), you'd think they could at least get a bus together. Ah well.

*Offer valid only until Montreal joins the league. :D;)

TFC07
05-14-2008, 02:55 PM

k thx

They'll look hotter if they were wearing TFC jerseys instead. :D

J .
05-14-2008, 03:08 PM
"how many crew supporters can u stuff in a VW beetle?"

None.

There are no crew supporters.

RPB_TFC_FAN
05-14-2008, 04:38 PM
i wasnt aware they had "away " support.
nevermind home support.

lol

Fiin
05-14-2008, 07:38 PM
In that 7 is that stupid Were-Badger thing one of them?

JDG
05-14-2008, 07:41 PM
I'm pretty sure they have purchsed approximately 60 tickets.
They'll be in the top 3 rows of 104.

Hooligan69
05-14-2008, 07:42 PM

Yet they couldn't even fill one bus? Are they walking here? :p

Fiin
05-14-2008, 07:42 PM

We really need a harmless prank... like pepper spray.. OH WAIT, they do that to us..

TFC OZZ
05-14-2008, 08:42 PM
I'm thinking 20. Thirty if the welfare cheques go out this week.

hahahha.

I think 15.

the-lower-eastsider
05-14-2008, 11:30 PM
pathetic. we send 2500 rabid supporters, and they cant be bothered to send more than a handful of die hards. not even one fuckin bus. fuckin flat out pathetic. sometimes, i have no idea how this league survives. honestly.
methinks we've just put the "whose the best supporters" debate to bed. for good. and then some. and secondly, i wanna meet the ones that do make the trip up here. those guys are alright in my books.
craiger

Naturegirl
05-14-2008, 11:47 PM
The bus was cancelled but i know that at least 30-40 are showing up. Some of them will be coming to our tailgate including Brad Kessler the Crew Ticket rep who was an integral part of making the Columbus madness 2300 happen.

I'll be hangin' with Brad and Company and i hope to see some off the supporters at the tailgate as they were all class to us on our numerous journeys to there stadium. They see what we bring to the league and respect it bigtime. They want to create what we have, as do all supporters and teams but it will take time for the other cities to drum it up and sell. This league will be very different in 5 years from now.

So if we show em' how its done, with class, when they come to town, they will bring it home with them and spread the supporters passion.....Have you all not noticed that the Crew Supporters corner has stayed full and loud and proud since the first game of the season? they were rockin' at the 4-3 Chivas win...they have stepped up this year bigtime...they will never be like us...nobody will be :D but we have to appreciate the hard work they have done. I am behind the scene's with alot teams around the league, so i see the work they are doing, both Staff and supporters, in trying to get the spirit of supporters to turn into sales and fill the stadiums.

just my .02c greet them with class when you see them. As we did the 60 NE supporters who came to our last tailgate of the year, last year.

Naturegirl
05-14-2008, 11:49 PM
pathetic. we send 2500 rabid supporters, and they cant be bothered to send more than a handful of die hards. not even one fuckin bus. fuckin flat out pathetic. sometimes, i have no idea how this league survives. honestly.
methinks we've just put the "whose the best supporters" debate to bed. for good. and then some. and secondly, i wanna meet the ones that do make the trip up here. those guys are alright in my books.
craiger

Craigers, you met Brad and Mike...they will be here and brad will be at the tailgate and hopefully a bunch more...we will also be at shoeless for FA cup brunch at 10am if you want to join us. :)

Daveisonfire
05-14-2008, 11:57 PM
In that 7 is that stupid Were-Badger thing one of them?

It's a skunk I think

Fiin
05-15-2008, 04:46 AM
It's a skunk I think

Or a Miniature Giant Space Hamster.

stugautz
05-15-2008, 07:28 AM
The bus was cancelled but i know that at least 30-40 are showing up. Some of them will be coming to our tailgate including Brad Kessler the Crew Ticket rep who was an integral part of making the Columbus madness 2300 happen.

I'll be hangin' with Brad and Company and i hope to see some off the supporters at the tailgate as they were all class to us on our numerous journeys to there stadium. They see what we bring to the league and respect it bigtime. They want to create what we have, as do all supporters and teams but it will take time for the other cities to drum it up and sell. This league will be very different in 5 years from now.

So if we show em' how its done, with class, when they come to town, they will bring it home with them and spread the supporters passion.....Have you all not noticed that the Crew Supporters corner has stayed full and loud and proud since the first game of the season? they were rockin' at the 4-3 Chivas win...they have stepped up this year bigtime...they will never be like us...nobody will be :D but we have to appreciate the hard work they have done. I am behind the scene's with alot teams around the league, so i see the work they are doing, both Staff and supporters, in trying to get the spirit of supporters to turn into sales and fill the stadiums.

just my .02c greet them with class when you see them. As we did the 60 NE supporters who came to our last tailgate of the year, last year.

I just hope for the sake of the reputation of the City of Toronto, the police don't hand them out any tickets for drinking in public.

CanadaLFC
05-15-2008, 07:36 AM
7 Hours Ago 12:49 AM Naturegirl Quote:
Originally Posted by the-lower-eastsider http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?p=2851#post2851)
craiger

Craigers, you met Brad and Mike...they will be here and brad will be at the tailgate and hopefully a bunch more...we will also be at shoeless for FA cup brunch at 10am if you want to join us. :)

Sorry, to go off-topic but will does Shoeless have the right channels to show the FA Cup final ?

Me and my cousins will be at the tailgate no doubt !!

Angelo1405
05-15-2008, 08:55 AM
THERE ARE REPORTIDLY 60+ COLOMBUS PPL GOING. NO LESS THAN 50. thats pretty good for colombus isnt it ?

stugautz
05-15-2008, 09:13 AM
It's good for both of us...we need some visiting fans to taunt.

Super
05-15-2008, 09:17 AM
60 people coming up from Columbus is VERY impressive. I hope it's true. We have to also remember that the only reason we were able to get 2500 people down to Columbus is because it was the home opener and we had months to hype up the trip. I remember the most important game of last season, where really the 8th place was up for grabs between us and Columbus (so a 6 pointer) and we struggled to get one bus down to Columbus. We lost the game and it was basically all down hill from there. Who knows what would have happened had we won that game.

KdotOdot
05-15-2008, 09:38 AM
YES!!! 60 PEOPLE!!!!

I hope we have enough Port-O-Potties for them.

bdrs
05-15-2008, 09:51 AM
I wish they could get more folks here. Better support for the clubs help us all. BUT CHRIST I hope we pound them for 90 on the pitch! No sense the 7 that are coming going home happy... lol

screw the crew and props to our road warriors!

bdrs
05-15-2008, 09:54 AM
60 would be a good showing

Jay P
05-15-2008, 09:56 AM
i went on the 2nd trip to columbus last year and the guys i met down there came up to toronto in sept... great guys.

Naturegirl
05-15-2008, 10:05 AM
7 Hours Ago 12:49 AM Naturegirl Quote:
Originally Posted by the-lower-eastsider http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?p=2851#post2851)
craiger

Sorry, to go off-topic but will does Shoeless have the right channels to show the FA Cup final ?

Me and my cousins will be at the tailgate no doubt !!

they pretty much have everything we need for all footie events :) I willcall this afternoon to make sure and let you know

Naturegirl
05-15-2008, 10:06 AM
YES!!! 60 PEOPLE!!!!

I hope we have enough Port-O-Potties for them.

lol what will they think when they see none!!! lol

jloome
05-15-2008, 10:07 AM
Say whatever during the game, but aside from that you should treat these guys like visiting dignitaries. Keep sending the message back to other teams that travelling road shows are a blast. Give them something to wash down the bitter taste of defeat.

Naturegirl
05-15-2008, 10:08 AM
lets see how we do against the crew, the first place team inthe east. Being at home in the fortress will be a major advantage for us. Lets kick some crew ass!! I just really want to get ahead of Chicago...i hate them the most.

ESC 101
05-15-2008, 01:54 PM
It's a good point...who can blame TFC for not being prepared to do more than 100 seats when nobody other than MAYBE Chicago and DC would ask for more? Everyone else = FAIL

If you played us on a weekend, I can guarantee we'd bring at least 100. The interest was really high and we were planning it all out before the schedule came out. We were pretty disappointed when we found out that yet again, we play you on weeknights.