PDA

View Full Version : Screwing Rosenlund Bodes Poorly for Season/Future

sidney
02-06-2009, 08:31 AM
Just heard/confirmed through the grapevine that after being bumped up to "S" status (+$30k wages) last season (due to MLS policy), Rosenlund didn't get past his first day back in the TFC camp before MoJo hauled him in his office and "rewarded" Rosenlund's decent play last season and loyalty (including the off season) buy asking him to accept being put back down to "D" status (-$18k wages). Sure the MLS faulty disparity-creating-sweatshop-structure contributes to these injustices, but MoJo seems to enjoy being a C**T, a bit too much for his own good, not to mention TFCs and that of solid Canadian soccer players. Sure he's done some good moves this off-season (DeRo especially!) and I've always said he deserves a full 3-years. But, mark my words, TFC will always be 2 injuries away from The Tank as long as MoJo doesn't start treating good/solid/loyal players as people. MoJo should learn some of the dignity that Tyler Rosenlund showed in telling him where to stick his "D" status. All the very best to you Tyler Rosenlund & Thanks!

Shaughno
02-06-2009, 08:38 AM
Uh... ok. That's life in the MLS my friend.

Pigfynn
02-06-2009, 08:39 AM
Dude, the fact of the matter is Mo didn't create the salary cap nor did he create the limit for development players annual salary. If Rosenlund was seen as a player that was going to out perform one of the current Senior roster players I'm sure he would have stayed on the senior roster.

Being overly loyal to Canadian players simply because they are Canadian is weak. Having said that, I like Rosenlund he is a decent enough player and no one deserves to make 18k a year no matter what full time job they do, anywhere. I do think though that blaming Mo is a bit misdirected. Blame the MLS structure.

Joe Kool
02-06-2009, 08:45 AM
Nature of the beast at the pro level. Everyone gets ranked and if you outperform others you move up and if you don't you move down. I agree with Pigfynn, you can't be guaranteed anything just because you are Canadian. As much as we would all like to see Canadians do well, we shouldn't be sacrificing the team to keep them happy. I think Mo is doing what any person in his spot would do with the given MLS structure

Flipityflu
02-06-2009, 08:48 AM
well, if you can tell me another way to improve our record from last season by adding higher quality players, i'm all ears

damned if you do, damned if you don't

rocker
02-06-2009, 08:50 AM
I don't believe Rosenlund was bumped up to senior roster pay yet. He was on the dev roster all last year, right to the end. Mo didn't need to make a decision on that until now.

Also, regarding loyalty -- he could just "pull a Hemming" a quit and trial elsewhere if he wanted.

Pigfynn
02-06-2009, 08:51 AM
I'm positive that Mo would like to give Tyler more than even 30k a year. He's not a fucking sweat shop owner! He probably would love to pay all the younger boys more, it's not possible. End of story really.

canadian_bhoy
Mo needs to do everything possible to put the best 11 bodies on the field and have the best subs to back it up. Period.

Being the GM means making tough choices - Mo's not afraid to do what needs to be done.

BuSaPuNk
Welcome to the MLS! It's sad that Garber can't see there putting these players in the poor house with these wages. It rediculous that they havn't looked at raising the salary cap or addressing these issues for especially the younger players to try and keep them in the MLS and not jump to Europe or South America to play for more money.

canadian_bhoy
Mo needs to do everything possible to put the best 11 bodies on the field and have the best subs to back it up. Period.

Being the GM means making tough choices - Mo's not afraid to do what needs to be done.

Stouffville_RPB
02-06-2009, 08:54 AM
Would you rather they not resign Ricketts? Cut Johann? Not try to bring in other players like Vitti. This goes hand in hand with the Dunivat trade. Nice players to have but they are expendable. I think Mo is trying to create cap space for Vitti with these moves. If there wasn't a cap Roselund would still be a TFC player. You can't be blaming Mo for cutting players to bring in higher quality players.

Nuvinho
02-06-2009, 08:55 AM
We kinda figured it would be Ibbe, Frei, and Gala as developmental players. If we were to sign Kyle Hall, it was down to Hall or Roselund to fill that final spot.

Chevy
02-06-2009, 08:58 AM
Damn. That's 9 bucks an hour.

felipe
02-06-2009, 09:02 AM
This does kind of suck though. I like Hemming, I like Rosenlund. They only would have gotten better being here - which would have boded well for the future of our CMNT. This does suck!

The MLS structure sucks. How can you live in a metro area for 18k? or 30k for that matter.

I know its not Mo's fault, its the realities of the job. But what a downer, especially becasue we already lost another promising young Canadian.

Heres hoping Rosenlund lands in Montreal or Vancouver and gets a decent living wage, gets to join a well-run organisation, (I'm not saying TFC isn't-BTW - far from it), and gets to stay in Canada.

Good luck Tyler. We'll miss you.

rocker
02-06-2009, 09:05 AM
sometimes I wonder why these guys don't try out with League One or League Two teams in England? They'd surely make more than 18K. Look at Simeon Jackson.. gets lots of playing time, definitely making more than 18K, showcasing himself. Or Mike Grella.. same age as Rosenlund, getting a contract at Leeds. Instead these guys like Hemming and Rosenlund trial in Scandinavia.

Arnie Knows
02-06-2009, 09:07 AM
Maybe if he played better this wouldn't be an issue..:):)

bright lights big city

Pigfynn
02-06-2009, 09:08 AM
I don't think he's gone guys, just being asked to drop down to development roster cash.

Nuvinho
02-06-2009, 09:09 AM
He could be senior developmental roster player like last year? That gets him $36K?

deltox
02-06-2009, 09:23 AM
i thought people got mad when players left to go to league 1. we called them sellout.

seems like the best idea from a money point of view

Wooster_TFC
02-06-2009, 09:24 AM
He could be senior developmental roster player like last year? That gets him $36K?

I don't think there's anything such as senior dev anymore.

I_AM_CANADIAN
02-06-2009, 09:28 AM
I agree that MLS is the guilty party here. When you're only allowed 18 players on your roster, it gets difficult.

Nodoubtguy
02-06-2009, 09:30 AM
Don't hate the player, hate the game!!!

joel
02-06-2009, 09:33 AM

If they worked 40 hours a week, which they dont!

Pachuco
02-06-2009, 09:39 AM
If they worked 40 hours a week, which they dont!

You could argue that they do. Being a professional soccer player can easily be a full time job.

ensco
02-06-2009, 09:45 AM
So did he quit the team? I'm assuming yes, based on this thread, but I'm not 100% certain

VPjr
02-06-2009, 09:46 AM
Maybe if he played better this wouldn't be an issue..:):)

bright lights big city

BINGO.

If Rosenlund wants a permanent bump up in pay, either perform better or maybe try USL.

He's never shown me much.

SLBuu
02-06-2009, 09:59 AM
isn't that $18k US?

I know it aint a consolation but at least its not $18k CDN.

mlsintoronto
02-06-2009, 10:36 AM
FWIW, any time there has been a senior team position available for any amount of time, Mo has tried to move a development player UP to get more money in their pocket. He did it for Lombardo, and Tyler. He's not being cold and heartless...he's trying to make life manageable for players and they know that. The alternative is to let the money disappear.

Parkdale
02-06-2009, 10:41 AM
Mo has tried to move a development player UP to get more money in their pocket...

Can I have a raise?

:cool:

James17930
02-06-2009, 10:42 AM
I just hope the next CBA sees a minimum salary established which a person can live on (i.e. around $40,000), combined with a bump to the overall cap, of course.

And none of this Senior/Dev stuff. Simply a minimum salary and if the player chooses to sign for it they do and that's what they make.

Yohan
02-06-2009, 10:44 AM
FWIW, any time there has been a senior team position available for any amount of time, Mo has tried to move a development player UP to get more money in their pocket. He did it for Lombardo, and Tyler. He's not being cold and heartless...he's trying to make life manageable for players and they know that. The alternative is to let the money disappear.
in case anyone else misread this, to me it sounds like Mo is giving Roselund a TEMPORARY raise to take advantage of a senior roster spot to get Roselund a bit more cash
Mo had no intention of using a senior spot on Roselund at this time

Arnie Knows
02-06-2009, 10:46 AM

TFC is soo sweet they take care of everyone ... They are just trying to help:canada:

SteeltownBhoy
02-06-2009, 10:59 AM

How does TFC / MLS get around not paying the Ontario minimum wage of 9.63/hour???

In March Ontario Minimum Wage increases to 10.45 hour.

Sweat shop indeed. 18k or 9.00/hour is illegal.

Shaughno
02-06-2009, 11:03 AM
How does TFC / MLS get around not paying the Ontario minimum wage of 9.63/hour???

Paid in American like the rest of the league. ;)

SteeltownBhoy
02-06-2009, 11:16 AM
Paid in American like the rest of the league. ;)

Even so, the Ontario Minimum Wage in March will be 10.45/ hour. If we dropped to 70 or 60 cents Canuck Buck on the Greenback it's still under the minimum wage.

Maybe they prorate the season ???

Or they could have him sling beer at half time and pay the Ontario Server Wage.

jloome
02-06-2009, 11:31 AM

I'd be interested in knowing whether the team is using any of that allocation money to match salaries for lower-end players, so that they're not actually taking home $9 per hour.

TFC has about a million plus of the stuff, and my understanding is you can use it to match wage contributions.

Flipityflu
02-06-2009, 11:53 AM

they don't get paid by the hour, its salary, and it isn't 'illegal' at all.

AL-MO
02-06-2009, 01:01 PM
Just heard/confirmed through the grapevine that after being bumped up to "S" status (+$30k wages) last season (due to MLS policy), Rosenlund didn't get past his first day back in the TFC camp before MoJo hauled him in his office and "rewarded" Rosenlund's decent play last season and loyalty (including the off season) buy asking him to accept being put back down to "D" status (-$18k wages). Sure the MLS faulty disparity-creating-sweatshop-structure contributes to these injustices, but MoJo seems to enjoy being a C**T, a bit too much for his own good, not to mention TFCs and that of solid Canadian soccer players. Sure he's done some good moves this off-season (DeRo especially!) and I've always said he deserves a full 3-years. But, mark my words, TFC will always be 2 injuries away from The Tank as long as MoJo doesn't start treating good/solid/loyal players as people. MoJo should learn some of the dignity that Tyler Rosenlund showed in telling him where to stick his "D" status. All the very best to you Tyler Rosenlund & Thanks!

Every time something with Rosenlund comes up, you start a thread bitching and complaining about what has happened.

What are you a relative or something?

Bluenose13
02-06-2009, 01:06 PM
Can I have a raise?

:cool:You deserve one :p

SteeltownBhoy
02-06-2009, 01:10 PM

Signing an employment contract within Provincial or Federal jurisdictions means that you will comply with the minimum standards of the jurisdiction
where you work.

This means for Ontario (1) The Ontario Employment Standards Act (2) The Ontario Human Rights Code.

If the contract is suspect as to compliance, it is subject to Judicial Review.

Contract or hourly, minimum standards must be maintained.

I never said he was being paid hourly, another poster rightly observed that 18k equivalency is approximately 9/ hour US dollars.

oxygenatedbrain
02-06-2009, 01:14 PM
Sid:

There is no such MLS policy...and anyone who cares at all about this shit doesn't know anything about the "other Tyler" being bumped so as to give him a bit more scratch...so please instead of blowing hot air, inform us about the facts of this "promotion"...please.

oxygenatedbrain
02-06-2009, 01:18 PM
Signing an employment contract within Provincial or Federal jurisdictions means that you will comply with the minimum standards of the jurisdiction
where you work.

This means for Ontario (1) The Ontario Employment Standards Act (2) The Ontario Human Rights Code.

If the contract is suspect as to compliance, it is subject to Judicial Review.

Contract or hourly, minimum standards must be maintained.

I never said he was being paid hourly, another poster rightly observed that 18k equivalency is approximately 9/ hour US dollars.

They are considered amateurs, and part-timers. I believe their hours are limited...obviously hanging around full-time is not bad for their career, or all that onerous for them...

Flipityflu
02-06-2009, 01:27 PM

erm, i'm quoting you.

both points are wrong

ccopela
02-06-2009, 01:28 PM
Every time something with Rosenlund comes up, you start a thread bitching and complaining about what has happened.

What are you a relative or something?

I think last time sidney went crazy like this was when Tyler Hemming was being released/relegated to a lower pay level.

Unfortunately this is just how things work in MLS sidney.

giambac
02-06-2009, 01:38 PM

You've just started realizing this now?

I saw it after Day 1

sidney
02-06-2009, 01:44 PM
A couple of you clowns first thought I was a relative of Hemming. Now you think I'm a relative of Rosenlund?...how about I'm just a soccer-guy with an opinion (like the rest of you) who just wants to see TFC succeed in the long-term!...let's go reds!!!

werewolf
02-06-2009, 01:46 PM
You've just started realizing this now?

I saw it after Day 1

What did Mo do on August 22nd, 2006 that made you dislike him?

Parkdale
02-06-2009, 01:55 PM
What did Mo do on August 22nd, 2006 that made you dislike him?

I think you mean April 13, 1963

Yohan
02-06-2009, 01:55 PM
Canadian military does same thing. You get paid by full day, or half day's pay as a part timers which equates to something less than half of min wage

This is because you dont know how many hours you're actually working on a day. Could be working 30mins to full 24hrs

Although because its military, it may be exempt from certain regulations in the interest of national security

Stryker
02-06-2009, 02:33 PM
A couple of you clowns first thought...
Exsqueeze me?

http://www.webdesignskolan.com/photoshop/alla_bilder/clown.jpg

giambac
02-06-2009, 03:06 PM
A couple of you clowns first thought I was a relative of Hemming. Now you think I'm a relative of Rosenlund?...how about I'm just a soccer-guy with an opinion (like the rest of you) who just wants to see TFC succeed in the long-term!...let's go reds!!!

well said,

you are entitled to your opininion.

It doesn't make you any less of a supporter.

Let's go reds

GhostPK
02-06-2009, 03:18 PM
Sure rosenlund is only being paid 18K under the salary cap, but the salary cap doesn't cap bonuses and the like. Guaranteed he is making more then just the 18k reported under the cap. If that wasn't the case, then MLS would be reduced to teams with 15 year olds playing instead.

AL-MO
02-06-2009, 03:21 PM
well said,

you are entitled to your opininion.

It doesn't make you any less of a supporter.

Let's go reds

Noone said that. I was just wondering why the only time I see posts is when he complains about a Canadian getting cut or otherwise.

giambac
02-06-2009, 03:42 PM
Sure rosenlund is only being paid 18K under the salary cap, but the salary cap doesn't cap bonuses and the like. Guaranteed he is making more then just the 18k reported under the cap. If that wasn't the case, then MLS would be reduced to teams with 15 year olds playing instead.

I belive som eof these guys have other jobs as well - just like cfl players.

T.Reis
02-06-2009, 03:45 PM
So either Mo got up one morning and said......

"hmmmmm I think I will screw over Tyler today for no good reason"

or

"I guess I got to drop Tyler down becasue i have no other choice"

You pick!

GhostPK
02-06-2009, 03:47 PM
I belive som eof these guys have other jobs as well - just like cfl players.

Even if they don't, what do they really need to spend money on? I mean sure, everyone spends money, but from Feb until Nov (if they make it to playoffs) they are busy training, traveling, and playing footy. Their housing is most likely subsidized by MLSE. Again, I cannot stress enough about the bonuses that are not often revealed in sports. Hell, Cameron Wake from the BC Lions received a bonus of $1 million just for placing ink to paper for the Miami Dolphins. There's no way Seattle could have Freddy L and Kesser for only 400K a season. Bonuses are key to peaking a player's interest and give them something to strive for.

GhostPK
02-06-2009, 03:48 PM
rosenlund probably makes 18k under cap and another 18k in bonuses

Jack
02-06-2009, 03:49 PM
Honestly, if Rosenlund was good enough to make the team, he'd make the money.

That's the reality of our league and he knows it. I don't think it's Mo being a cunt. It's Mo doing his job.

If you want TFC to succeed, things like this are going to happen. Suck it up. Sorry Tyler, you're not good enough.

AL-MO
02-06-2009, 03:53 PM
Even if they don't, what do they really need to spend money on? I mean sure, everyone spends money, but from Feb until Nov (if they make it to playoffs) they are busy training, traveling, and playing footy. Their housing is most likely subsidized by MLSE. Again, I cannot stress enough about the bonuses that are not often revealed in sports. Hell, Cameron Wake from the BC Lions received a bonus of $1 million just for placing ink to paper for the Miami Dolphins. There's no way Seattle could have Freddy L and Kesser for only 400K a season. Bonuses are key to peaking a player's interest and give them something to strive for.

I see what you are saying, but I don't think MLSE is allowed to pay for accommodations.

Also there isn't signing bonuses like there is in the NFL. (they get signing bonuses because the rest of the contract is non guaranteed)

canadian_bhoy
02-06-2009, 03:54 PM
Honestly, if Rosenlund was good enough to make the team, he'd make the money.

That's the reality of our league and he knows it. I don't think it's Mo being a cunt. It's Mo doing his job.

If you want TFC to succeed, things like this are going to happen. Suck it up. Sorry Tyler, you're not good enough.

That's what I said over a page ago! Geez...does everyone have me on their ignore list or what?! :D

sidney
02-06-2009, 04:20 PM
Noone said that. I was just wondering why the only time I see posts is when he complains about a Canadian getting cut or otherwise.

I've posted many a positive post...and I didn't complain when Lombardo was let go...and I'll cheer to high-heaven when Harmse (+$75k) gets let go!

Jack
02-06-2009, 04:23 PM
That's what I said over a page ago! Geez...does everyone have me on their ignore list or what?! :D

What's that sound? Do you guys hear something?

felipe
02-06-2009, 04:30 PM
Hey, I like Harmse! He really opened my eyes at the end of last season. I always thought he was just a hatchetman - but he played real well at the tail end of the season.

And Rosenlund is good enough for the mls; in a squad role; and so is Hemming for that matter.

And I always enjoyed Lombardo's work ethic.

And cunningham was just misunderstood and unappreciated.

And Ruiz was a real team player.

And Welsh...sorry, got carried away there for a moment

Ossington Mental Youth
02-06-2009, 04:44 PM
Gotta say i like Rosenlund, great placement on his part, great passing, shit finishing, id prefer that he'd stay but, for the team, not the national one (im biased), it has to be done. I do hope that hes here in the next season tho

jloome
02-06-2009, 07:15 PM
I'd be interested in knowing whether the team is using any of that allocation money to match salaries for lower-end players, so that they're not actually taking home $9 per hour.

TFC has about a million plus of the stuff, and my understanding is you can use it to match wage contributions.

Hmmm, Paul is strangely silent on this point. Anyone else got an answer for it?

Seems to me the team could easily offer more guaranteed compensation than the salary structure for Devs allows.

Ossington Mental Youth
02-07-2009, 02:04 AM
I am sad if Rosenlund leaves, it would have been nice to see him turn into a regular player.

mlsintoronto
02-07-2009, 08:28 AM
Hmmm, Paul is strangely silent on this point. Anyone else got an answer for it?

Seems to me the team could easily offer more guaranteed compensation than the salary structure for Devs allows.

Allocation can in certain circumstances be used to buy down salary, but not to add to it. If you sign a guy to $100k you can use up to 50k to buy it down. Allocation does not apply to development players.

FluSH
02-07-2009, 08:39 AM

I was with you about Hemming... not so much about Rosenlund... I mean he might be a great guy and all but I haven't seen much on the pitch for me to judge.

FluSH
02-07-2009, 08:42 AM
Hey, I like Harmse! He really opened my eyes at the end of last season. I always thought he was just a hatchetman - but he played real well at the tail end of the season.

And Rosenlund is good enough for the mls; in a squad role; and so is Hemming for that matter.

And I always enjoyed Lombardo's work ethic.

And cunningham was just misunderstood and unappreciated.

And Ruiz was a real team player.

And Welsh...sorry, got carried away there for a moment

What do you mean Felipe? Where you not on our Chicago Road Trip last year?!?!

We all dream of a Team of Andy Welsh....
A Team of Andy Welsh... A team of Andy Welsh!!!!

We chanted this for about an hour :D

mighty_torontofc_2008
02-07-2009, 08:56 PM
I just hope the next CBA sees a minimum salary established which a person can live on (i.e. around $40,000), combined with a bump to the overall cap, of course.

And none of this Senior/Dev stuff. Simply a minimum salary and if the player chooses to sign for it they do and that's what they make.

a 40,000 mimimum is surely within MLS budget...give the guys a chance
to make a living.

SweetOwnGoal
02-08-2009, 01:25 AM

(replying without reading the rest of the thread so forgive me if this has been pointed out already)

You can use allocation to sign players that aren't currently in MLS, or to re-sign players currently in the league. You can't use it to "bump up" current contracts.

Blizzard
02-08-2009, 12:56 PM
(replying without reading the rest of the thread so forgive me if this has been pointed out already)

You can use allocation to sign players that aren't currently in MLS, or to re-sign players currently in the league. You can't use it to "bump up" current contracts.

It's nice to have had this point made clear.

Danbwoy
02-08-2009, 01:13 PM
Loyalty and sports aren't necessarily congruent ideas except when it comes to the fans. Teams can't build their business model around loyalty, they need to do it based on sound business decisions. You can feel for this guy, but you can't blame Mo. The trickle down of the De Ro signing was bound to be felt sooner or later.

jloome
02-08-2009, 11:48 PM
We need MLSE to be creative, like the Brazilian basketball and English rugby leagues were when they wanted to maintain their amateur status but still pay players. Brazil's best player, Oscar, was technically a "butcher" for years, but I don't think he sliced too many chops.

What's to stop MLSE from employing Rosenlund in the office seasona as a "security consultant" for $10,000 or $15,000? As long as it's not during the season, would it technically break any rules? Or following the old CFL tradition and having a "friend of the club" -- i.e. well-heeled sponsor -- offer the same type of non-job "job".

djking2
02-08-2009, 11:58 PM
Why couldn't a major sponsor like BMO be asked to provide "appearance income" for a few specific players.

rocker
02-09-2009, 12:21 AM
the players do get appearance fees for events .. i like it's $250 an appearance.

sidney
02-09-2009, 05:26 PM
I was with you about Hemming... not so much about Rosenlund... I mean he might be a great guy and all but I haven't seen much on the pitch for me to judge.

I agree that, from what I saw in their respective TFC/MLS games, Hemming looked to have more upside than Rosenlund. Yah, and I know that as TFC get's better it will have to let bubble-players go, BUT if this is to be a league/or team to be taken seriously (as we rabid-TFC fans do, and TFC profitability allows) then we should ALL BE OUTRAGED that they expect (and seem all to happy about) to keep good solid players and people around (in TO of all places) for less than $18K/year. This is an absolute JOKE!....this (correcting this sweatshop-league/team status) should PRIORITY #1!!! for TFC Management (if they f-in-cared)

rocker
02-09-2009, 05:47 PM
I agree that, from what I saw in their respective TFC/MLS games, Hemming looked to have more upside than Rosenlund. Yah, and I know that as TFC get's better it will have to let bubble-players go, BUT if this is to be a league/or team to be taken seriously (as we rabid-TFC fans do, and TFC profitability allows) then we should ALL BE OUTRAGED that they expect (and seem all to happy about) to keep good solid players and people around (in TO of all places) for less than $18K/year. This is an absolute JOKE!....this (correcting this sweatshop-league/team status) should PRIORITY #1!!! for TFC Management (if they f-in-cared)

TFC didn't make the rules, my friend. Talk to MLS. Rosenlund doesn't even have a contract with TFC. He signed with MLS. As long as MLS continues to pay low end players that wage, somebody is gonna be stuck with it.

or, how about instead of expecting TFC or MLS to be a charity organization, the players union fights for better wages in the collective bargaining agreement negotiations, which are coming up???

The union really should take a stand rather than just sitting there passively and expecting MLS to do it.

ensco
02-09-2009, 06:11 PM
I wonder what's up with Hemming. Wiki says he was released at Tampere and is without a club. I'm surprised he hasn't caught on with Vancouver or Montreal.

sidney
02-09-2009, 06:16 PM
TFC didn't make the rules, my friend. Talk to MLS. Rosenlund doesn't even have a contract with TFC. He signed with MLS. As long as MLS continues to pay low end players that wage, somebody is gonna be stuck with it.

or, how about instead of expecting TFC or MLS to be a charity organization, the players union fights for better wages in the collective bargaining agreement negotiations, which are coming up???

The union really should take a stand rather than just sitting there passively and expecting MLS to do it.

good points Rocker....but a highly profitable TFC is also a big part of the equation....malnutritioned/bed-bug-bitten/hand-to-mouth players don't serve management's (or the best fans) goals either.

GabrielHurl
02-09-2009, 06:24 PM
good points Rocker....but a highly profitable TFC is also a big part of the equation....malnutritioned/bed-bug-bitten players don't serve managements goals either.

:violin::violin::violin::violin:

sidney
02-09-2009, 06:27 PM
:violin::violin::violin::violin:

...I suppose GabrielHurl you want bush-league-shite-forever?...don't cry when the next Becham gives mls a bitch-slap.

Ossington Mental Youth
02-09-2009, 08:45 PM
your heart is in the right place but youre pointing fingers at the wrong people, theres not a damn thing that can be done until the CBA is reknewed even then its in the players hands and the owners of the teams, no just MLSE, im sure they are for raising the cap and minimum as it could only help the team

djking2
02-09-2009, 10:34 PM
Sidney it's a moot point no matter how valid. The CBA is 5 years old and about to expire at the end of the season(Jan 31 2010). If you've been paying any attention at all to league news the salary cap will grow substantially in part to accomodate the new player deal. For the record I hope the new cap allows for a healthy increase for the developement of players(like a reserve league for fuck sake).

MUFC_Niagara
02-10-2009, 12:58 AM
I think in order to make Roselund a better player and not screw the Canadians, Mo should cut Robbo and start Tyler every game. TFC is a Canadian team and therefore they should be fielding Canadians. Also, the Raptors and Blue Jays should fire all of their players and field only Canadians.

felipe
02-10-2009, 08:33 AM
Whats a Becham?

jaahuuu
05-20-2010, 08:53 AM
Roneslund plays for the Rochester Rhinos now. He had 1 decent shot last night, and got subbed off in the 66th minute. The Rhinos lost 1-0 to Crystal Palace Baltimore.

Parkdale
05-20-2010, 08:55 AM
omg...... Crystal Palace Baltimore

maybe it should be called Crystal Meth Place instead? Bodymore Murderland is not a nice place.

H Bomb
05-20-2010, 08:58 AM
baltimores great man...very pretty....just need to ignore the murder zones

bee dubya
05-20-2010, 10:36 AM
We need MLSE to be creative, like the Brazilian basketball and English rugby leagues were when they wanted to maintain their amateur status but still pay players. Brazil's best player, Oscar, was technically a "butcher" for years, but I don't think he sliced too many chops.

What's to stop MLSE from employing Rosenlund in the office seasona as a "security consultant" for $10,000 or $15,000? As long as it's not during the season, would it technically break any rules? Or following the old CFL tradition and having a "friend of the club" -- i.e. well-heeled sponsor -- offer the same type of non-job "job".

I'd heard that other clubs in MLS pay/provide housing for certain players. Does TFC do this? Is this allowed by MLS or is it one of the things that the league ignores? Perhaps it's something that can be done by clubs that are owned privately but MLSE has to represent things to the share holders so they aren't allowed to do the same??

jloome
05-20-2010, 11:20 AM
I'd heard that other clubs in MLS pay/provide housing for certain players. Does TFC do this? Is this allowed by MLS or is it one of the things that the league ignores? Perhaps it's something that can be done by clubs that are owned privately but MLSE has to represent things to the share holders so they aren't allowed to do the same??

I've always wondered, given the relatively low additional cost, why new stadium constructions don't include some dormitory space, particularly for soccer clubs that might want to bring in youth academy players who aren't local.

Wow, old threads die hard, anyway...

Rosenlund played for Richmond last year and is doing well with Rochester this year. He's an underrated player and we should've been able to keep him. Easily as much potential as Gabe.