PDA

View Full Version : CCL match in Montreal - good news, bad news

Oldtimer
02-05-2009, 10:36 AM
If one of the main leaders of their "Ultras" posting on their board is to believed, there is good news and bad news for us about the CL match.

The good news is that the match will be on a holiday or week-end.
The bad news is that they are limiting away support to the mandatory 10% of the stadium (1,500).

It is my informed belief that the game against TFC will be on a holiday or weekend. TFC is allowed a certain percentage of the seats which I think is 10%. We talked with Brian about this and they are only going to allot TFC what they are allowed. However, there is not much they can do to stop TFC fans from buying seats in the surrounding areas on Admission. We recommended that those wearing TFC colours not be permitted in the east stands though I think most TFC fans will know where the rest are sitting and go there anyway. On a weeknight on the first ever Voyageurs Cup game before the competition had as much prestige and importance as it now does 500-600 TFC fans came. I think on a holiday or weekend we can expect at least 3000. At least the game is included in the season ticket packages so that will guarantee a certain level of Montreal support. Hopefully they can successfully market this in Montreal so that as many Montrealais buy tickets before the TFC fans can.

By the way, on their message board, it's clear that the "Ultras" are afraid of us. :p

Shaughno
02-05-2009, 10:40 AM
10% of what.. 15k?

werewolf
02-05-2009, 10:42 AM
they are used to strong away support.

Billy the kid
02-05-2009, 10:49 AM
Move the montreal leg to olympic stadium. We're not used to grass anyways. They've sold over 35000 so far for their next qualifying game.

http://www.montrealimpact.com/News/News.aspx?language=EN&Flash=1

Room for everyone and their uncle.

Fort York Redcoat
02-05-2009, 10:56 AM
Montreal limiting tix?

I'll effing believe it when I effing see it.

and then I'll be pissed.

Do it for your club but not the country you bloody morons?

I hate you.

Shaughno
02-05-2009, 10:58 AM
Move the montreal leg to olympic stadium. We're not used to grass anyways. They've sold over 35000 so far for their next qualifying game.

It says 35k sold, doesn't say how many are L'impact fans. :lol:

werewolf
02-05-2009, 11:02 AM
reposted from the CONCACAF champions league thread -

http://www.celtix.ca/Images/Images2008/Redimensionnement_de_P1000530.JPG

Fort York Redcoat
02-05-2009, 11:05 AM
^thanks for the reminder. I was hoping to relive that moment.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

werewolf
02-05-2009, 11:06 AM
JAH!

deltox
02-05-2009, 11:07 AM
was the OP about champions league/.//or this years canada cup game?

werewolf
02-05-2009, 11:08 AM
^ Canada Cup

Ageroo
02-05-2009, 11:08 AM
^thanks for the reminder. I was hoping to relive that moment.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Yes...I would like to forget this as well....the only limiting done at this match seemed to be limiting the amount of Canadian support....

SilverSamurai
02-05-2009, 11:11 AM

That's crazy... But true most are prob away supporters... lol

anyways, Columbus was just a warm up!
To Montreal!:hump:

Razcle
02-05-2009, 11:12 AM
That is garbage....and if this is in effect. We will definitely need to be buying up seats in the other sections to accomidate everyone that wants to go. We may need to find a TFC supporter with a Montreal address to mass purchase what seats are available and redistribute.

Stadium Capacity = 13,000
Season Seat Holder = ?
Away support = 1300

Note * This is Not Montreal Impact making these claims...yet*

Mark in Ottawa
02-05-2009, 11:57 AM
If one of the main leaders of their "Ultras" posting on their board is to believed, there is good news and bad news for us about the CL match.

The good news is that the match will be on a holiday or week-end.
The bad news is that they are limiting away support to the mandatory 10% of the stadium (1,500).

So the "official" block of tickets for away fans is only 10% of capacity :(
And the season ticket holders of the home team are allotted some number of tickets.

That means the rest then are "up for grabs" via general sale right?

I wonder if they have a blocker of some sort on someone simply going on-line when the tickets go on sale to the general public and buying a large number of tickets :rolleyes:

Toronto Ruffrider
02-05-2009, 01:50 PM
So the "official" block of tickets for away fans is only 10% of capacity :(
And the season ticket holders of the home team are allotted some number of tickets.

That means the rest then are "up for grabs" via general sale right?

I wonder if they have a blocker of some sort on someone simply going on-line when the tickets go on sale to the general public and buying a large number of tickets :rolleyes:

I'll believe Admission is that sophisticated when I see it. For the Canada/Honduras match, the special code for the Canadian supporters section wasn't even working. In theory, Hondurans could have flooded that section, making it a patch-work quilt of red and blue. Somehow, I doubt Admission will have ironed out its problems by the time TFC plays at Saputo.

AL-MO
02-05-2009, 01:59 PM
How many tickets do TFC alot for away fans @ BMO? Nothing close to 10% thats for sure.

Lets worry about filling the seats we are given, before complaining about it.

AL-MO
02-05-2009, 02:00 PM
reposted from the CONCACAF champions league thread -

http://www.celtix.ca/Images/Images2008/Redimensionnement_de_P1000530.JPG

I am going to have nightmares tonight! Thanks Travis! :p

ginkster88
02-05-2009, 02:14 PM
HA well worst comes to worst we just buy a massive chunk of tickets around the "away support."

Razcle
02-05-2009, 02:17 PM
HA well worst comes to worst we just buy a massive chunk of tickets around the "away support."

Lol...worst comes to worse. We buy a massive chunk of tickets anywhere we can get them. I think they may be a hot item when it comes time for it.

JamboAl
02-05-2009, 02:26 PM
It might be the same as last year where all the people around us are soccer moms and young kids. I'll bet that 5,000 or 6,000 tickets are siphoned off to youth soccer clubs and schools for $5 a pop.

daner90
02-05-2009, 03:02 PM
man the whole WCQ thing in MTL was a joke last year. That pic is disguisting...