PDA

View Full Version : Richard Hastings?

deschamp86
02-05-2009, 01:36 AM
32 Year Old Canadian International, Currently playing for Inverness Caledonian Thistle in Scottish Premier League.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Hastings

He's getting up there in age so we'd probably only get a year or two out of him, but he is Canadian. He was named to the All Tournament Starting XI for the Gold Cup. He plays Centre Back, he's plays in the British Isles (Mo's favourite place to scout). And from the looks of it his team will be relegated after this season.

Anyone know what his contract status is? Anyone agree with me that he would be a good short term pickup?

Toronto Ruffrider
02-05-2009, 01:43 AM
Meh, Hastings doesn't impress me that much; I didn't think he was especially good in WCQ. Given that Canada's weakness tends to be defence, only specific veterans should be considered for centre back roles - i.e. Serioux.

Sonny Cheeba
02-05-2009, 01:56 AM
maybe he doesn't want to go anywhere.... he's been at caley thistle for a while.... also played for Ross County (i didn't know that until i read his wiki page), both are in the same region of scotland.

must like his scotch. Caley thisle just came off a draw with Celtic, pretty good for a team at the bottom of the SPL.

Pachuco
02-05-2009, 09:38 AM
The guy ain't that good. Unless he was willing to come for like $100K

SoccMan
02-05-2009, 09:47 AM
I don't think much of Hastings, I have been watching him play for Canada for about over a decade now, however, he does have some experience and might actualy be better then what we have in the back now, he might be able to help. I think he would definately come for about $100K , I can't see him making more then that presently with the Scottish team he is with now.

Razcle
02-05-2009, 11:31 AM
I HATE RICHARD HASTINGS....not as a person but as a member of Canadian Nats. He has been a serious liability in almost every match I have seen him play in. I do not suggest going after this guy for anything more than $50,000/year which is probably peanuts compared to what he is making.

Stryker
02-05-2009, 11:46 AM
NO NO and NO.

jloome
02-05-2009, 12:04 PM
I HATE RICHARD HASTINGS....not as a person but as a member of Canadian Nats. He has been a serious liability in almost every match I have seen him play in. I do not suggest going after this guy for anything more than $50,000/year which is probably peanuts compared to what he is making.

Yeah.....that semi-final winning goal against Mexico that took us to the Gold Cup final, which we then won.....that was garbage.:rolleyes:

The guy's an unspectacular centre back, a little light on the frame and prone to positional errors. Basically, Gabe Gervais pre-retirement. Not much of an improvement on what we've got.

J .
02-05-2009, 09:38 PM
No and Canadian defending was garbage in the WCQ and Hastings was far from impressive.

Aside from the goal Serioux scored he was far from impressive.

Heck, all the players seemed to be like a team that didnt want to play for the coach or even pride.

Razcle
02-05-2009, 11:30 PM
Yeah.....that semi-final winning goal against Mexico that took us to the Gold Cup final, which we then won.....that was garbage.:rolleyes:

I have no idea whether you are being sarcastic or not since I was like 13 when the 2000 Gold cup was played and I had no idea who Hastings was or how he scored this goal you mention.

But if you are being serious. Comparing his goal from the 2000 national team as a reason for why he should be considered at TFC now is probably the stupidist thing I ever read. He is a liability now, and that is what I am concerned with when mentioning his name with TFC

/rant