PDA

View Full Version : Ricketts looking to be more consistent in 2009

johnmolinaro
02-04-2009, 09:58 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2009/02/04/rohan-ricketts.html

BuSaPuNk
02-04-2009, 10:01 PM
Nice article John! I hope now that Ricketts has a full pre-season under his belt he can produce alot more this year.

johnmolinaro
02-04-2009, 10:08 PM
Nice article John! I hope now that Ricketts has a full pre-season under his belt he can produce alot more this year.

Take this for what it's worth - one of my sources (a team offical) told me he was the first person to arrive for the first day of training camp on Monday. The guys were supposed to show up at 7:30 - Rohan was there at 7.

The same person also told me he didn't go home for Christmas and spent the past two months working out and training on his own.

John

Ossington Mental Youth
02-04-2009, 10:17 PM
Dude wants it, gotta say I love him for his effort alone.
I really really hope it pays off for him.

Yohan
02-04-2009, 10:45 PM
Dude wants it, gotta say I love him for his effort alone.
I really really hope it pays off for him.
dude is talented technically. now if he can consistently use his football IQ (and improve his crossing) he'd be a star

T_Mizz
02-04-2009, 11:03 PM
he seemed streaky last year as his only league goals were in the form of braces (New nickname: The Orthodontist?) I hope when he says consistent he means 30 straight braces

JDG
02-04-2009, 11:12 PM
I'm not at all suprised with his attitude - it's consistant, and infectious. I'm sure he'll convert more chances this year.
I believed in him after his debut, and continued to beleive through the season. His performance was no worse than most of the team. We can't say that many of the players gave stellar performances in each of their games.
This is a new season, and my expectations are much higher this year. I have faith that they will exceed my expectations.

ginkster88
02-04-2009, 11:14 PM
He made an interesting point in his interview when he said that last year was the first time in many seasons that he played consistently. He also said that it took him a little while to be completely caught up fitness-wise. I am expecting a lot out of him this year.

onemanbarmyarmy
02-05-2009, 07:31 AM
^^remember those out-of-breath interviews last season?

BuSaPuNk
02-05-2009, 08:13 AM
Take this for what it's worth - one of my sources (a team offical) told me he was the first person to arrive for the first day of training camp on Monday. The guys were supposed to show up at 7:30 - Rohan was there at 7.

The same person also told me he didn't go home for Christmas and spent the past two months working out and training on his own.

John

That is great news! Thanks for answering my question on who to put on my jersey!! Ricketts it is! :hump:

Technorgasm
02-05-2009, 09:24 AM
you all have seen the same gaesm I have.

Hs is one of the best players we have. Goals be damned.

ROHAN RICKETTS:

Good distribution.
runs at defenders, ie TAKES a chance to get the ball deep aka HAS BALLS
Hold the ball well for support
crosses well
trakcs back with fierce passion. (I do think he is very defensive minded for a winger)
well positioned (would like to see him more involved on set pieces)
Has good understaing with Amado and RObbo
Might be the key when the formation puts him level / ahead of DERO

we have only een the introdution in the story of Rohan Ricketts for TFC.
He will be MASIVE for us. I can feel it.

#10 for me too!

Yohan
02-05-2009, 10:02 AM
ehhh... Ricketts crosses were pretty crappy

scooter
02-05-2009, 10:49 AM
agreed to all of the above
but i think carver has had a talk with him after watching game replays

he was a little lazy off the ball last year and didn't seem to give 100%
if its fitness then ok cut him some slack

i hope he is MASSIVE for us

CANNY WAIT FER OPENING DAY