PDA

View Full Version : Give Ricketts more time & future line-up

Lucky Strike
05-25-2008, 10:50 AM
I'll keep this simple since we already had a discussion on Ricketts a little while ago. I'll say just this: Keep Ricketts in the line-up against Montreal. Hopefully, against USL defenders, he will be able to do more and gain confidence.

For Montreal, keep the starting line-up unchanged since Robert's red doesn't apply in CCL matches. And this is assuming Marshall hasn't picked up a slight injury or whatnot. Despite the DC loss, this is a proven line-up and we should stick to it. If Marshall is indeed injured (as was suggested on Sportsnet during the game), then do we start Tébily or James?

For LA, Robert will be suspended for the red so it means the options are wide open: what do we do? I see three main options (in no particular order).

1. Play Dunivant and keep the formation unchanged.
2. Move Brennan up to Robert's position and play Dunivant at the back.
3. Play 4-4-2 (too many sensible combinations to mention) with either Cunningham or Smith with Dichio. The former plays well with Dichio but the latter has been much better lately.

No need to freak out about the DC loss. They really did play very well in terms of passing and possession and we did score 2 goals in the run of play, something about which we were concerned earlier.

Your thoughts?

Broadview
05-25-2008, 10:53 AM
I say stick Ricketts on the left, where he's played a bunch anyway 'cuz him and Robert kept switching, and let Smith start on the right.

I like Dunny as a defensive sub.

rocker
05-25-2008, 10:54 AM
i'm a bit concerned that this will be the 4th game in 11 days, with only two rest days between DC and MTL and it's on the road. might be time to play some of the others like Dunivant, Tebily, James, Cunny etc.

Rawkus_420
05-25-2008, 11:23 AM
Yep I say put in a totally new lineup against montreal. Then save our formation and players weve been using for LA(except robert).
I want to see cunny, smith, tebily , james and dunivant all start, maybe even edwards and phelan, who knows.... I knwo some of you may disagree, but I say we rest our as many of the ppl that will see the majority of MLS starts as we can.

TFCREDNWHITE
05-25-2008, 11:27 AM
I think Carver is going to keep things as unchanged as humanly possible. One thing i do know is, KEEP HARMSE ON THE BENCH!

ExiledRed
05-25-2008, 03:49 PM
i'm a bit concerned that this will be the 4th game in 11 days, with only two rest days between DC and MTL and it's on the road. might be time to play some of the others like Dunivant, Tebily, James, Cunny etc.

you mean (gasp) rotation?

I'm told this is a terrible plan, LOL.

Laurignano
05-25-2008, 03:52 PM
you mean (gasp) rotation?

I'm told this is a terrible plan, LOL.

It might be good, BUT BUT BUT BUT, what if we lose? :o?!