http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/2009/02/cronins_got_guts.html

Flipityflu
02-03-2009, 11:17 AM
its good to know that our top draft pick does indeed have internal organs :D

good blog

BFin
02-03-2009, 01:11 PM
Isn't it "beep test" not "bleep test"??
I have doen this 3 or 4 times myself for rugby, and have always heard it as the beep test.
That being said, it's good to see Cronin taking this seriously, and wanting to be a winner right out of the gate. So we knew he was tough coming in (winning the ball despite a busted up eye in pre draft workouts) and now he has great speed and conditioning. Looks good so far.

Stencils
02-03-2009, 01:16 PM
Beep bleep same dif.
I hated the bleep test. Absolutely hated it. Good on Cronin for putting it out that he's not here to be a body on the bench. That'll help push Robo and the rest of the midfield to even better stuff!

Lucky Strike
02-03-2009, 01:25 PM
Isn't it "beep test" not "bleep test"??
I have doen this 3 or 4 times myself for rugby, and have always heard it as the beep test.
That being said, it's good to see Cronin taking this seriously, and wanting to be a winner right out of the gate. So we knew he was tough coming in (winning the ball despite a busted up eye in pre draft workouts) and now he has great speed and conditioning. Looks good so far.

I thought so too, unless the exercise is to try and outcurse your teammates, of course. :D Looking forward to the season, it's been way too long.

Shakes McQueen
02-03-2009, 07:15 PM
Despite the skepticism that seems to go along with MLS draftees, I've got to say - I've got a really good feeling about Cronin, and to a slightly lesser degree, Frei.

Cronin just seems to have the toolbox necessary to become a really great player for us - his toughness and tenacity are terrific assets for a defensive midfielder.

As for Frei - he just seems really enthusiastic to be here, and if the scouting reports are to be believed, he could either become our starter after Sutts steps aside, or fetch a lot of money from Europe.

- Scott