PDA

View Full Version : Where is Amado Guevara??

TFCREDNWHITE
02-03-2009, 10:08 AM
With Amado being such a key player for us, how come no interviews with him???

Where was he during the medical/physical testing??

Are there any interviews??

Amado has a HUGE responsibility in being a player that needs to STEP up his game to MVP levels!!

T_Mizz
02-03-2009, 10:09 AM
International absence

Nuvinho
02-03-2009, 10:09 AM
remember Amado doesn't speak english very well.

As well, he could be with his national team at the moment.

TFCREDNWHITE
02-03-2009, 10:11 AM
any confirmation on that^^^????

Phil
02-03-2009, 10:13 AM
I was impressed with the amount of coverage we had for a 'day 1' - physicals and signings being the focus.

I guess there is something to be said for not being able to make everyone happy. Where was the DeRo interview? He is a big part of the team.

Relax, there is a month and a half of preseason. :D

rocker
02-03-2009, 10:14 AM
any confirmation on that^^^????

check today's news thread and you'll see an article that mentions him being away on int duty along with Wynne, Gala and Nana.

Remember, unlike Canada, Honduras actually made it to the next round of World Cup Qualifying. ;) and Amado is a key player on that team. They play Costa Rica in their first game of the next round on Feb 11.

TFCREDNWHITE
02-03-2009, 10:18 AM
I was impressed with the amount of coverage we had for a 'day 1' - physicals and signings being the focus.

I guess there is something to be said for not being able to make everyone happy. Where was the DeRo interview? He is a big part of the team.

I never said there wasn't a lot of tv coverage during "day 1" because there certainly was, and i loved it.

I never said where was the DeRo interview, because we have already had a lot of tv interview coverage with him!

I said i expect more from Amado! interview wise and on the pitch wise.

jabbronies
02-03-2009, 10:25 AM

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2009/02/02/toronto_fc_mentors/

rocker
02-03-2009, 10:26 AM

Maybe TFC TV should have done a satellite interview with Amado from wherever he currently is with the Honduran National Team. ;)

ensco
02-03-2009, 10:30 AM
Amado will be missing a lot this season, not just for the games, but for training. Honduras has a great shot at getting through.

TFCREDNWHITE
02-03-2009, 10:31 AM
Maybe TFC TV should have done a satellite interview with Amado from wherever he currently is with the Honduran National Team. ;)

I expect nothing less!!!!!:D

TFCREDNWHITE
02-03-2009, 10:40 AM

did you notice this quote from Dichio in the link??

"We have some fantastic young players in Chad Barrett, Ibee (Ibrahim) and now O'Brian White," Dichio said. "Obviously Chad has played a few games in this league, but Ibee, O'Brian and the other striker we hopefully have coming in need experience and motivation. Hopefully I can give it."

T_Mizz
02-03-2009, 10:42 AM
Yeah Vitti's been front and centre in terms of news for weeks where have you been, coma? Frozen in a Glacier?
The world's in a recession! Obama is president now! Still no flying cars!

Flipityflu
02-03-2009, 10:43 AM

yeah, if Amado doesn't give a world class interview, we will be doomed to watching the playoffs this season!

:D

TFCREDNWHITE
02-03-2009, 10:44 AM
yeah, if Amado doesn't give a world class interview, we will be doomed to watching the playoffs this season!

:D

damn skippy!;)

Phil
02-03-2009, 10:48 AM

I was being sarcastic LOL.

jabbronies
02-03-2009, 10:51 AM
I was being sarcastic LOL.

Yeah I knew that.....:drinking:

ExiledRed
02-03-2009, 11:01 AM
Amado will be missing a lot this season, not just for the games, but for training. Honduras has a great shot at getting through.

And for this reason we should have traded him already.

Let's be honest here, he didn't play once with the grit he played against Canada, for us. I used to find him lazy and uninspiring more often than not, and was actually quite shocked to see how much better he played for Honduras.

TorCanSoc
02-03-2009, 12:37 PM
IMO. No. Amado is quality, and a professional. You're transposing Ruiz's qualities onto Guevarra.

jloome
02-03-2009, 12:43 PM
IMO. No. Amado is quality, and a professional. You're transposing Ruiz's qualities onto Guevarra.

Nope, Guevara drifted in and out of games all season. There were a few in which he tried to carry the whole team on his back and forgot to try passing the ball as well, but there were definitely a few games in which he just went through the motions.

Fort York Redcoat
02-03-2009, 12:44 PM

Let's be honest here, he didn't play once with the grit he played against Canada, for us. I used to find him lazy and uninspiring more often than not, and was actually quite shocked to see how much better he played for Honduras.

He did play better for his country but grit? I humbly disagree. I saw more intensity but grit is something I've not seen from Amado. I chalk it up to a more homogenous play for his nation where the style of players he's teamed with in the league can vary.

TFCREDNWHITE
02-03-2009, 12:45 PM

I definitely see where you are coming from, i kinda agree. When i was watching him play for us llast year( and it wasn't often) I noticed that "something" was missing...it's like he was lacking something....

Beach_Red
02-03-2009, 12:51 PM

But who would trade for him? If he's unhappy he just goes back home. When we signed him we were desperate and hoping he'd play.

Maybe you're right, maybe that's as much as he's going to be in it so it's time to move on. Just don't expect to get anything back for him.

Razcle
02-03-2009, 12:56 PM
Yeah Vitti's been front and centre in terms of news for weeks where have you been, coma? Frozen in a Glacier?
The world's in a recession! Obama is president now! Still no flying cars!

Dude...you're joking right....Where have you been hiding? Don't you know about the Ferrari 599 GTB that will hit the market with a $899,000 price tag.

http://www.ubergizmo.com/15/archives/2008/11/ferrari_look_into_flying_cars.html

Pachuco
02-03-2009, 01:31 PM
Here we go again with the Guevara thing. Most of the time, when he was on the field, he was the best player on the field (IMO). Some people just don't understand how far ball posession and simple passes go in this game. It's too bad he has no one else on the team that understands that (maybe Dichio). You ever think that he doesn't shine on TFC the way he does for Honduras because of the players around him? I also am a true believer that Carver has no idea how to properly play with a true #10 like Guevara.

Cambridge_Red
02-03-2009, 01:35 PM
Honduras can pass the ball effortlessly, therefore Amado can play his game better with them. We have yet to learn to pass the ball as efficiently.

TFCREDNWHITE
02-03-2009, 01:40 PM
Here we go again with the Guevara thing. Most of the time, when he was on the field, he was the best player on the field (IMO). Some people just don't understand how far ball posession and simple passes go in this game. It's too bad he has no one else on the team that understands that (maybe Dichio). You ever think that he doesn't shine on TFC the way he does for Honduras because of the players around him? I also am a true believer that Carver has no idea how to properly play with a true #10 like Guevara.

You can't honestly say that you weren't frustrated with Amado's play or lack of play?? I want Amado to bleed for TFC! He needs to play with more inspiration, drive and passion when he puts on the TFC RED!

Huginho
02-03-2009, 01:40 PM
Perhaps the difference you see with Guevara has more to do with the fact that last year TFC CB's would boot the ball up field to no one instead of building up play through Guevara as he is used with Honduras. To many times last year Guevara had to track back to get the ball from his own defenders.

Pachuco
02-03-2009, 02:04 PM
Perhaps the difference you see with Guevara has more to do with the fact that last year TFC CB's would boot the ball up field to no one instead of building up play through Guevara as he is used with Honduras. To many times last year Guevara had to track back to get the ball from his own defenders.

I couldn't agree more.

Pachuco
02-03-2009, 02:05 PM
You can't honestly say that you weren't frustrated with Amado's play or lack of play?? I want Amado to bleed for TFC! He needs to play with more inspiration, drive and passion when he puts on the TFC RED!

I couldn't disagree more :)

ExiledRed
02-03-2009, 02:07 PM

So essentially, he's a bad fit for the team, because he doesn't work well with the other players and doesn't benefit from the coaching.

I'll go with that.

Pachuco
02-03-2009, 02:09 PM
So essentially, he's a bad fit for the team, because he doesn't work well with the other players and doesn't benefit from the coaching.

I'll go with that.

hahaha, nice.

I'll go with, get rid of the coaching and bring in one who knows how to bring out the best in every player.

He's not a bad fit for the team, but he's definately been fitted in the wrong spot. If that even makes sense :)

ExiledRed
02-03-2009, 02:13 PM
I think it would be shortsighted to build the team around Amado, at this point.

He's definitely an excellent player, but I feel he mailed it in for us, and I would be happy to see him replaced with someone who gives a damn.

rocker
02-03-2009, 02:29 PM
we need Amado on his team... his hot wife sits in my row every week and it makes my day brighter every time.

Cambridge_Red
02-03-2009, 02:30 PM

He's definitely an excellent player, but I feel he mailed it in for us, and I would be happy to see him replaced with someone who gives a damn.

I agree he could use more passion, but I still think hes one of the few on our team that can distribute the ball (when he feels like it). Watching TFC is so frustrating, the old lump it up to Dichio routine got predictable quick.

Pachuco
02-03-2009, 02:30 PM

You don't have to build a team around him. You simply teach players to play the ball through whatever player is wearing the #10. You also play the #10 where he's supposed to play and not as a striker.

Let's take Brazil and Argentina for example. No matter the decade, no matter the team the ball is played through #10. It obviously works, Carver just has no idea how to implement it and he has arguably the best #10 in the MLS.

ensco
02-03-2009, 02:35 PM
Weirdly I find myself nodding in agreement with posters on both sides of this one.

I'm still not sure where he's going to play, unless we go 4-5-1 Chelsea style (with DeRo and Guevara in the Lampard/Ballack inside mid roles).

I do NOT want pussyfooting with Guevara to result in DeRo playing outside, or to cause us to be constantly changing our formation as he comes in and out of the lineup. Dwayne was lost as an outside wing for the CMNT.

rocker
02-03-2009, 02:37 PM
I think amado shows he cares and has passion. How many times is he pissed off at the ref and heated up over things? Very often. If he didn't care he wouldn't get in the refs face all the time. I actually think he played well last year, when he was actually playing. The guy missed nearly a third of our games for international duty and joining TFC late.

felipe
02-03-2009, 02:39 PM
you think professional soccer players and John Carver don't 'know' how to play through a 'true' number ten?

Surely you are joking.

They just know enough not to build their entire offense around an oft lazy player who reserves the majority of his energy for his country's games.

Pachuco
02-03-2009, 02:52 PM
you think professional soccer players and John Carver don't 'know' how to play through a 'true' number ten?

Surely you are joking.

They just know enough not to build their entire offense around an oft lazy player who reserves the majority of his energy for his country's games.

I assume you don't know how to click the Quote button and you were replying to me.

to answer your question, I absolutely am not joking and I absolutely think Carver has no idea how to play with a true #10. Want proof? half the time Guevara was on the field he was playing as a second striker. WTF is Guevara doing as a second striker?

There are many more professional players and professional teams (particuarly in the MLS) who don't know how to play that style. It's sometimes a preference thing, but when you have a true #10 like Guevara on the field you should use him in the best role possible. With Dero on the roster now it could be a little different, but last year, every single play up the field should have gone through Guevara, not TO Guevara.

A Lampbard/Ballack formation with Guevara and Dero (as someone stated before) is probably what would suit the team this year.

BTW - there's a team in the MLS who I watched quite a bit last year who implemented the #10 thing. That's right, Beckham and the Galaxy. When they were attacking, pretty much everything was going through Beckham to Donovan and Buddle or the wings. Beckham played the role well, and that's where he was most effective for the team. You didn't see him playing as a second striker did you?

ExiledRed
02-03-2009, 03:09 PM
I assume you don't know how to click the Quote button and you were replying to me.

to answer your question, I absolutely am not joking and I absolutely think Carver has no idea how to play with a true #10. Want proof? half the time Guevara was on the field he was playing as a second striker. WTF is Guevara doing as a second striker?

There are many more professional players and professional teams (particuarly in the MLS) who don't know how to play that style. It's sometimes a preference thing, but when you have a true #10 like Guevara on the field you should use him in the best role possible. With Dero on the roster now it could be a little different, but last year, every single play up the field should have gone through Guevara, not TO Guevara.

A Lampbard/Ballack formation with Guevara and Dero (as someone stated before) is probably what would suit the team this year.

BTW - there's a team in the MLS who I watched quite a bit last year who implemented the #10 thing. That's right, Beckham and the Galaxy. When they were attacking, pretty much everything was going through Beckham to Donovan and Buddle or the wings. Beckham played the role well, and that's where he was most effective for the team. You didn't see him playing as a second striker did you?

To be fair, The Galaxy had Donovan and Buddle up front, and conceded a shit load of goals because their attack was fucking easy to counter.

We had no strikers of any use to play, and Guevara has played at that position before.

Like I said, he might be brilliant in certain circumstances, but if those circumstances don't exist he needs to be adaptable.

Yohan
02-03-2009, 03:10 PM
I dont think it's because Carver dont know how to play #10, but because of lack of firepower up front, Guevara ended up trying to be a striker to compensate

TFCREDNWHITE
02-03-2009, 03:19 PM

Thats not exactly true...

If you watched closely, It was almost exactly like a 4-4-1-1 Diamond formation. Guevara was giving free reign to roam as he wished. He was playing at the top of the diamond in a free-spirited Attacking Mid role...

So he wasn't a natural second striker, even though it might of seemed that way to you....

Pachuco
02-03-2009, 03:23 PM
To be fair, The Galaxy had Donovan and Buddle up front, and conceded a shit load of goals because their attack was fucking easy to counter.

We had no strikers of any use to play, and Guevara has played at that position before.

Like I said, he might be brilliant in certain circumstances, but if those circumstances don't exist he needs to be adaptable.

I'll give you Donovan, but Buddle? Ibbey is better then Buddle if he has Beckham serving him the ball :)

I guess the way I see it, Guevara feeding the ball to Dichio/Barrett/Ibbey is alot more effective then Velez, Wynne and Robbo sending Guevara long.

ensco
02-03-2009, 03:24 PM
The 4-4-1-1 was used in the first half. That's when Amado was up front in the recessed striker role.

Once Edu was moved and Barrett came in, we went 4-4-2 and Guevara played mostly in Edu's old slot in central midfield.

The thing I really objected to was that he went AWOL for at least a week midseason (Carver said he couldn't find him). That's almost certain to happen again. Honduras play 4 huge games this summer, and he will miss massive chunks of our schedule even if he bends over backwards for TFC. Which I doubt he'll do.

So we absolutely can't design the formation around him. We have to be able to plug him in without moving everyone around.

Yohan
02-03-2009, 03:27 PM
Has anyone considered the possibility that Guevara might get relegated to bench for depth?

I can easily see why this might happen

ensco
02-03-2009, 03:29 PM
Has anyone considered the possibility that Guevara might get relegated to bench for depth?

Yes. But in that case he should be released - nobody in this league can carry depth for $160K.

Pachuco
02-03-2009, 03:30 PM

I can see it to. If TFC signs Riquelme. :rolleyes:

Beach_Red
02-03-2009, 03:32 PM
The thing I really objected to was that he went AWOL for at least a week midseason (Carver said he couldn't find him). That's almost certain to happen again. Honduras play 4 huge games this summer, and he will miss massive chunks of our schedule even if he bends over backwards for TFC. Which I doubt he'll do.

Right. When Guevara was signed TFC was desperate for anyone with any experience who was willing to come and play here.

Shouldn't be so desperate anymore.

ExiledRed
02-03-2009, 03:55 PM
I'll give you Donovan, but Buddle? Ibbey is better then Buddle if he has Beckham serving him the ball :)

I guess the way I see it, Guevara feeding the ball to Dichio/Barrett/Ibbey is alot more effective then Velez, Wynne and Robbo sending Guevara long.

Ibbe has potential to be much better than Buddle, but he has yet to prove it.

Buddle scored fifteen last season, Beckham didn't put them in the net for him.

AL-MO
02-03-2009, 03:57 PM

I can see it to. If TFC signs Riquelme. :rolleyes:

What Pachuco said.

FluSH
02-03-2009, 06:35 PM

I would say is better to look at pieces that compliment each other. Not build around Amado but surely compliment.

King Tut
02-03-2009, 06:50 PM
Guevara will kick ass this season along with Ricketts and De-Ro....PATIENCE!

ExiledRed
02-03-2009, 07:33 PM
I would say is better to look at pieces that compliment each other. Not build around Amado but surely compliment.

We might not have that luxury, is all. We can't bring in the rest of the Honduran national team, and we need to complement the players we do have as well.

Anyway, I'm going with King Tut. I expect an improvement from both Guevara and Ricketts, in their second seasons with us, and I hope DeRo and Guevara can complement each other.

jloome
02-03-2009, 07:54 PM
Problematically, Guevara has already told his Honduran daily newspaper that he's going home next year. So I think we should move him now, while he's still got trade value. It allows us more flexibility if we bring in a replacement who can play anywhere in the mid or even as a striker, an all-rounder like DeRo but at developmental age.

TFCREDNWHITE
02-03-2009, 08:28 PM
Problematically, Guevara has already told his Honduran daily newspaper that he's going home next year. So I think we should move him now, while he's still got trade value. It allows us more flexibility if we bring in a replacement who can play anywhere in the mid or even as a striker, an all-rounder like DeRo but at developmental age.

That blows!!

I agree lets use him as trade bait....

"Land it in the Hudson" An expression used to encourage yourself or someone else when it appears an endeavor is headed for a disastrous outcome (due mostly to external conditions). Based on when Sully averted tragedy by successfully landing US Airways Flight 1549 in the Hudson River

Amado Guevara is on the brink of causing a disaster, so let's land it in the Hudson!!

jloome
02-03-2009, 09:00 PM
That blows!!

"Land it in the Hudson" An expression used to encourage yourself or someone else when it appears an endeavor is headed for a disastrous outcome (due mostly to external conditions). Based on when Sully averted tragedy by successfully landing US Airways Flight 1549 in the Hudson River

Amado Guevara is on the brink of causing a disaster, so let's land it in the Hudson!!

Uh, that might be overstating the issue somewhat:D

FluSH
02-03-2009, 09:13 PM

link?

Chevy
02-03-2009, 09:16 PM
Thoughts???

-------Dero Barrett-------

---Ricketts Guevera Smith--

---------Robinson-----------

Brennan Marshall Nana Wynne

------Edwards/Sutton-------

Pachuco
02-03-2009, 09:20 PM

Let's see it, where's the link?

Ossington Mental Youth
02-03-2009, 09:50 PM
Thoughts???

-------Dero Barrett-------

---Ricketts Guevera Smith--

Brennan Marshall Nana Wynne

------Edwards/Sutton-------

Close but prob closer to this if its not a 4-5-1

-------Vitti/DD--Barrett-------

---Ricketts Guevera DeRo

Brennan Marshall New CB Wynne

------Frei/Sutton-------

I think that Ricketts will play true winger and Dero will wander in behind the two strikers, Guevara will play AM.

ensco
02-03-2009, 09:55 PM
That blows!!

He has no trade value.
We got him for a bag of peanuts.
He's done nothing that would change his value in this league.

Ossington Mental Youth
02-03-2009, 10:03 PM
I like Guevara, i agree he hasnt been amazing but people are correct in saying alot of the time he was the best player on the field offensively. I dont see him being traded either as its his last year and as ensco points out hes not nearly as coveted as he once was. I suspect this year as a result of a)preseason training, b)having less international games we will see him in a different light.

I can remember his first game how he already changed the dynamic of the team and how we looked better, there just hasnt been any progression on his part and in fairness thats reasonable as hes coming close to the end of his career and hes working with a new team that has changed players and lost players to internationals, this much like Ricketts and Smith should be a defining year for him in the MLS. Once again i dont expect him to get 10 goals and 10 assists but i do think he will be a solid contributer.

Pachuco
02-04-2009, 10:06 AM
I like Guevara, i agree he hasnt been amazing but people are correct in saying alot of the time he was the best player on the field offensively. I dont see him being traded either as its his last year and as ensco points out hes not nearly as coveted as he once was. I suspect this year as a result of a)preseason training, b)having less international games we will see him in a different light.

I can remember his first game how he already changed the dynamic of the team and how we looked better, there just hasnt been any progression on his part and in fairness thats reasonable as hes coming close to the end of his career and hes working with a new team that has changed players and lost players to internationals, this much like Ricketts and Smith should be a defining year for him in the MLS. Once again i dont expect him to get 10 goals and 10 assists but i do think he will be a solid contributer.

Couldn't have said it any better.

Steve
02-04-2009, 10:52 AM

How do you figure? By my count Honduras played 10 international games last season (including friendlies). This season they will have at least 11 (8 world cup qualifier matches, 3 gold cup matches) with the possibility of more (friendlies and gold cup if they get out of the group stage (which they probably will).

Pachuco
02-04-2009, 11:00 AM
How do you figure? By my count Honduras played 10 international games last season (including friendlies). This season they will have at least 11 (8 world cup qualifier matches, 3 gold cup matches) with the possibility of more (friendlies and gold cup if they get out of the group stage (which they probably will).

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the MLS schedule this year was worked around FIFA international dates. My understanding was that there would be less conflicts this year.

ensco
02-04-2009, 11:22 AM
He'll miss more games this year then last. He's got 9 WCQ games during our schedule, plus there'll be Gold Cup, friendlies, training camp.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honduras_national_football_team#Upcoming_fixtures

It wouldn't surprise me if he misses 12 games. Does anyone understand how the salary and cap works for this? Do we pay him for games he misses?

mlsintoronto
02-04-2009, 11:45 AM
FYI Amado is in camp today.

H Bomb
02-04-2009, 11:46 AM
video or it didnt happen

flatpicker
02-04-2009, 11:48 AM

band camp?
summer camp?

be more specific please...

Pachuco
02-04-2009, 11:50 AM
He'll miss more games this year then last. He's got 9 WCQ games during our schedule, plus there'll be Gold Cup, friendlies, training camp.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honduras_national_football_team#Upcoming_fixtures

It wouldn't surprise me if he misses 12 games. Does anyone understand how the salary and cap works for this? Do we pay him for games he misses?

HUH? I just counted 4 games that he'll miss because of our schedule. How did you get 9? are you counting all those games where he plays 3 or 4 days before with Honduras? That would be stretching it.

Also, who's to say he'll be in the Gold Cup roster? Their one priority will be making the World Cup. Not only that, the Gold Cup is being played close by in the U.S. I even heard rumours there may be a game or two at BMO field. (I haven't checked in a while though what happened with those rumours).

Regardless, I think you are taking the absolute worst case scenario, I think he'll play more games this year then last year.

Pachuco
02-04-2009, 11:54 AM

Great news. He plays a WCQ with Honduras in 1 week so it shows his commitment to show up to practice.

TFCREDNWHITE
02-04-2009, 12:33 PM
Great news. He plays a WCQ with Honduras in 1 week so it shows his commitment to show up to practice.

Well shit, i would expect nothing less!? you??

Pachuco
02-04-2009, 01:17 PM
Well shit, i would expect nothing less!? you??

You're lying....you WOULD expect less. Let me remind you it was only yesterday you said Guevara was on the brink of causing a disaster. But yet here he is, in pre-season training with a world cup qualifier in a week. That's what's expected, and it certainly isn't a disaster.

That blows!!

redrocket08
02-04-2009, 02:27 PM
He trained today with the team

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090204&content_id=215686&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

Nuvinho
02-04-2009, 02:28 PM
he is right here!!
http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/images/2009/02/04/BRiuUU6F.jpg (http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090204&content_id=215686&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280)

rocker
02-04-2009, 02:30 PM
he's rockin the new TFC short pants

Jeffro
02-04-2009, 02:36 PM
he is right here!!
http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/images/2009/02/04/BRiuUU6F.jpg (http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090204&content_id=215686&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280)
Not a huge fan of these training jackets, last years were nicer

ensco
02-05-2009, 08:33 AM
HUH? I just counted 4 games that he'll miss because of our schedule. How did you get 9? are you counting all those games where he plays 3 or 4 days before with Honduras? That would be stretching it.

Also, who's to say he'll be in the Gold Cup roster? Their one priority will be making the World Cup. Not only that, the Gold Cup is being played close by in the U.S. I even heard rumours there may be a game or two at BMO field. (I haven't checked in a while though what happened with those rumours).

Regardless, I think you are taking the absolute worst case scenario, I think he'll play more games this year then last year.

Pachuco, don't take this the wrong way, I don't hate the guy, but he didn't make it back for at least 2 games last year where he could have.

Putting aside the question of motivation, the pressure on the guy, as the statesman of the Honduras MNT, is immense.

If they pick Amado for the Gold Cup because it's a way to keep the team training together, which I think they will (remember it's the off season for all the domestic and European players on that team), he'll play in the Gold Cup, without hesitation.

Neither of us has a crystal ball, but Amado's going to miss a lot more than 4 games.

Pachuco
02-05-2009, 09:22 AM
Pachuco, don't take this the wrong way, I don't hate the guy, but he didn't make it back for at least 2 games last year where he could have.

Putting aside the question of motivation, the pressure on the guy, as the statesman of the Honduras MNT, is immense.

If they pick Amado for the Gold Cup because it's a way to keep the team training together, which I think they will (remember it's the off season for all the domestic and European players on that team), he'll play in the Gold Cup, without hesitation.

Neither of us has a crystal ball, but Amado's going to miss a lot more than 4 games.

the truth is probably somewhere in the middle barring any injuries of course :)

FluSH
02-05-2009, 09:27 AM
he's rockin the new TFC short pants

If we were in East LA... maybe we could pass them off as Cholo pants... with high white knee socks and old school addidas shoes...

hmm...

nope they are still ugly @ss capris

felipe
02-05-2009, 12:38 PM
I think Amado will be invaluable this year as DeRo's backup. Finally some depth!

doh...next time I'll read the preceding pages...

I'm just kidding anyways, he's a player of real quality (for the MLS), but you don't design the team around him, you plug him into a role, like some others suggested.

I just don't like the comments about the Honduras national team, held up as though they're the proper example of how footie should be played.

Who the hell is Honduras? Why don't we emulate Peru or Costa Rica then?

TFCREDNWHITE
02-05-2009, 12:43 PM
I think Amado will be invaluable this year as DeRo's backup. Finally some depth!

+1 HHAHAAHAHA

NICE ONE...:D:D:D:p