PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Hainault going to Houston

DigzTFC!
02-02-2009, 07:17 PM
This is coming from a Czech paper. He was rumored until now

Most defender Andrew Hainault change is near the elite American football competition MLS. Canadian representative of twenty-two year old decided to leave the Czech Republic and then succeeded to the test in Houston.

http://fotbal.sport.cz/clanek/144334-mostecky-hainault-se-vratil-do-zamori-webster-zustane-do-leta.html

Corpand
02-02-2009, 07:19 PM
crap, he's a REALLY promising young canuck. Trade maybe?

DigzTFC!
02-02-2009, 07:22 PM
Doubt it. I really think Nana is going to get the benefit of the doubt this year and step in. They're both around the same age and the TFC staff are more familiar with Nana. I know its hard to see canucks play eslewhere in MLS, but I'd rather they get regular playing time elsewhere than sit on the TFC bench.

joesoccerfan
02-02-2009, 07:35 PM
This would really hurt...Houston clears out cap room by sending us DeRo and they use the space to sign...a young Canadian CB!

Razcle
02-05-2009, 12:19 PM
This only hurts if he is in a position to help the team out. If we need to sign more Canadians to the roster to meet requirements then this would hurt. If not, then lets beat his ass when we see Houston Home and Away.

Update:
http://blogs.chron.com/soccer/archives/2009/02/camp_update_dyn.html

rocker
02-05-2009, 12:22 PM
a young Canadian CB!

I don't see the adjective "good" in your description of him.... there's more to deciding on a player than just being young and Canadian.

I've only seen him with the U-23s. He was decent at that tourney, but it was U-23, so it was easier. Nothing about him struck me as amazing. Diaz Kambere played alright in that tourney too but was shitty with TFC for the 1 game and Vanny released him.

He'd be worth having around at a decent price, but nothing to lose sleep over. Nana showed he can compete in this league and he's 2-3 years younger.

deschamp86
02-05-2009, 12:32 PM
I don't see the adjective "good" in your description of him.... there's more to deciding on a player than just being young and Canadian.

I've only seen him with the U-23s. He was decent at that tourney, but it was U-23, so it was easier. Nothing about him struck me as amazing. Diaz Kambere played alright in that tourney too but was shitty with TFC for the 1 game and Vanny released him.

He'd be worth having around at a decent price, but nothing to lose sleep over. Nana showed he can compete in this league and he's 2-3 years younger.

I think Hainault is one of the few Canadian centre backs that would actually be able to walk into TFC's starting XI as it currently is.

Kambere at the U23's though, I thought was atrocious. I was scared everytime the ball was anywhere near him.

ensco
02-05-2009, 03:12 PM
This would really hurt...Houston clears out cap room by sending us DeRo and they use the space to sign...a young Canadian CB!

so you'd rather have James and Hainault, as opposed to DeRo?

man, you are not going to find much support for that position on these boards