PDA

View Full Version : Ricketts seems very happy

redrocket08
02-02-2009, 04:57 PM
Check out Rohan talking about signing his new contract!

Here's the link....

http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp?catid=2&id=369 (http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp?catid=2&id=369)

tfc
02-02-2009, 05:03 PM
Check out Rohan talking about signing his new contract!

Here's the link....

http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp?catid=2&id=369 (http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp?catid=2&id=369)

I was not expecting to be this excited for preseason, the guys look good and they seem to be looking forward to another season too! Let's hope we get a CB and Vitti this week and we'll be off to the playoffs before we know it!

Ps. RR = Pure class.

Stryker
02-02-2009, 05:09 PM
Can't...... focus... on... interview.
Staring at... awesome... new zip up. :eek:

Laurignano
02-02-2009, 05:17 PM
I am really happy to see this..I was worried we were going to be losing him.

dantdot
02-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Actual picture of Rohan Ricketts signing his contract.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_pBC9eE8XdcI/R72ktzyFRdI/AAAAAAAAA4k/QWszX2MSaTU/s400/cheshire-cat-5.jpg
Note: The above picture may not be an accurate depiction of Rohan Ricketts.

H Bomb
02-02-2009, 05:32 PM
Best quote to finish it off. "the rest is yet to come"

Rohan is one of my favs for sure

rocktml
02-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Cant wait for the season to start!!

TFC!

SteeltownBhoy
02-02-2009, 05:49 PM
He might be happy, but I smell a pay-cut!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marco2K
02-02-2009, 06:08 PM
Well he has one year to prove he deseves a long term contract. Mo was waiting to see if he could bring in someone better. that did not happean. Atleast Ricketts has showed Spurts of being a good player.

And damn he loves this city. And it seems alot of TFC fans love him to...lol

tfc
02-02-2009, 06:22 PM
Well he has one year to prove he deseves a long term contract. Mo was waiting to see if he could bring in someone better. that did not happean. Atleast Ricketts has showed Spurts of being a good player.

And damn he loves this city. And it seems alot of TFC fans love him to...lol

Or the more likely reason is that agents are hoping for a raise in the salary cap with the CBA next year ...

Sab0tage
02-02-2009, 06:24 PM
Staring at... awesome... new zip up. :eek: Yeah, it looks super nice.

Good to know Rohan is happy to be back. I also watched both Carver's and Robbo's interviews and both seem equally excited for the new season.

Steve
02-02-2009, 06:38 PM
Robbo is the classiest player I've ever seen. Talking about offering to help Cronin everyday in training, but at the same time reminding Cronin that it's his job to push Robinson off the team? Yeah, how many people would do that?

rocker
02-02-2009, 07:08 PM
funny that the guys are buggin Robbo about how Cronin looks and runs like him. haha.. it's Robbo's MINI ME!

Shakes McQueen
02-02-2009, 07:58 PM
Robbo is the classiest player I've ever seen. Talking about offering to help Cronin everyday in training, but at the same time reminding Cronin that it's his job to push Robinson off the team? Yeah, how many people would do that?

I think he figures by the time Cronin is ready to star in his role, Robbo will be ready to move on (to coaching apparently), anyway.

- Scott

James17930
02-02-2009, 08:50 PM
TFC TV is pretty awesome too, eh? Giving us all this stuff on the first day.

FluSH
02-02-2009, 09:35 PM
Staring at... awesome... new zip up. :eek:

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAT!

noone in the league has swagger like us... swagger like us... swagger swagger like us...

T_Mizz
02-02-2009, 09:39 PM
I hope that they go through the preseason thinking they're competing and then Carver comes outta nowhere with a 4-5-1

Inklink
02-03-2009, 06:45 PM
Actual picture of Rohan Ricketts signing his contract.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_pBC9eE8XdcI/R72ktzyFRdI/AAAAAAAAA4k/QWszX2MSaTU/s400/cheshire-cat-5.jpg
Note: The above picture may not be an accurate depiction of Rohan Ricketts.

LOL!

Rohan sincerely seems to be in love with the city!

So happy he's being kept around!

Shakes McQueen
02-03-2009, 07:31 PM
I hope that they go through the preseason thinking they're competing and then Carver comes outta nowhere with a 4-5-1

He could always go with a 4-2-3-1, with Cronin and Robbo as the two CDM's, DeRo/Ricketts/Guevara as the AM's - and then figure out some workable solution at striker.

Am I the only one who thinks we have way too many strikers now? Having depth is good, but we seem to have a hell of a lot of it.

- Scott

Jamaicanadian
02-03-2009, 07:32 PM
WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAT!

noone in the league has swagger like us... swagger like us... swagger swagger like us...

brap brap!!!!

:)

jloome
02-03-2009, 09:06 PM
He could always go with a 4-2-3-1, with Cronin and Robbo as the two CDM's, DeRo/Ricketts/Guevara as the AM's - and then figure out some workable solution at striker.

Am I the only one who thinks we have way too many strikers now? Having depth is good, but we seem to have a hell of a lot of it.

- Scott

If anything we're actually thin at striker. Ibee isn't up to this level as a starter yet (he's only 17 for crying out loud), Dichio is physically a 50/50 prospect. That leaves us just Chad Barrett as a natural striker. DeRo isn't a natural striker, and Smith hasn't played there in two years.

We're not in awful shape, but our strike force is thin and if Barrett goes down, we're in deep. OB white isn't back until April for training and likely may or june to play, and we don't even know yet if he can compete on this level, let alone be effective. Ditto with Kyle Hall.

We need a number one or number two guy to challenge Barrett and Dichio and to deputize when they're down.

Ossington Mental Youth
02-03-2009, 09:52 PM
So do you think we will play the 4-2-3-1 (or 4-5-1) regularly or until our strike force is healthy and ready?

Shakes McQueen
02-03-2009, 10:17 PM
If anything we're actually thin at striker. Ibee isn't up to this level as a starter yet (he's only 17 for crying out loud), Dichio is physically a 50/50 prospect. That leaves us just Chad Barrett as a natural striker. DeRo isn't a natural striker, and Smith hasn't played there in two years.

We're not in awful shape, but our strike force is thin and if Barrett goes down, we're in deep. OB white isn't back until April for training and likely may or june to play, and we don't even know yet if he can compete on this level, let alone be effective. Ditto with Kyle Hall.

We need a number one or number two guy to challenge Barrett and Dichio and to deputize when they're down.

When I said that, I was assuming the inclusion of Vitti - since that seems imminent from all of the rumblings I've heard.

I also really don't think Dichio's head will be a serious concern. He doesn't have a long history of head knocks, and has been taking it easy for many, many months now.

You are right about Ibbe though. Sometimes I forget the kid is only 17, what with all of the playing time he got last seasson.

- Scott

rocker
02-03-2009, 10:23 PM
You are right about Ibbe though.

you mean FUAD!!! not ibbe ;)

he's like Prince.. new name every year. FUAD!!! Or the Striker Formerly Known as Ibbe.

Ossington Mental Youth
02-03-2009, 10:25 PM
I tend to agree with you Shakes, Ibby shouldnt be fulltime as hes still learning BUT he is there IF we need him. Outside of that, IF we have Vitti more or less signed, then we really only need one or two more strikers tops more for depth than anything

Inklink
02-03-2009, 11:32 PM
you mean FUAD!!! not ibbe ;)

he's like Prince.. new name every year. FUAD!!! Or the Striker Formerly Known as Ibbe.

LOL

His last name is still Ibrahim, so Ibbe can be used.

He changed "Abdus" to "Fuad" because Abdus was just a shortform of another name so he decided to use Fuad, a nickname his mom used for him anyway. That according to an article posted in another thread which I can't recall.

thelurker
02-04-2009, 12:42 AM
He does seem happy! Let's hope it leads to a good start.

James17930
02-04-2009, 02:44 AM
LOL

His last name is still Ibrahim, so Ibbe can be used.

He changed "Abdus" to "Fuad" because Abdus was just a shortform of another name so he decided to use Fuad, a nickname his mom used for him anyway. That according to an article posted in another thread which I can't recall.

I'm so confused. :frown5:

Cambridge_Red
02-04-2009, 03:33 AM
fuck I'm excited just watched all the interviews ..

Azerban
02-04-2009, 03:35 AM

he's Ibbe

who cares what anyone else thinks (including him)

Inklink
02-04-2009, 11:07 PM

Don't worry, so am I ;) .

But I think "Ibbe" still goes! :)