PDA

View Full Version : Ricketts signs new deal!!!

Nuvinho
02-02-2009, 02:19 PM
Toronto FC announced Monday that midfielder Rohan Ricketts has agreed to a new deal that will keep him with the club through the 2009 season.

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090202&content_id=215254&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

SQUIRREL
02-02-2009, 02:23 PM
Awesome, great news

Lucky Strike
02-02-2009, 02:23 PM
Very good news. Although the words "through the 2009 season" might also mean that TFC simply picked up the option they had on him. It also makes me laugh to read "per league policy, terms were not disclosed". The players' salaries are regularly published by the union (is it?) so we know exactly how much each player makes.

Sonny Cheeba
02-02-2009, 02:24 PM
yay! that is all.

supernothingman
02-02-2009, 02:25 PM
Finally, something to be happy about today.

Nuvinho
Very good news. Although the words "through the 2009 season" might also mean that TFC simply picked up the option they had on him. It also makes me laugh to read "per league policy, terms were not disclosed". The players' salaries are regularly published by the union (is it?) so we know exactly how much each player makes.

its per MLSE policy probably....or Mo doesn't want everyone to know how much he is paying players, so when he is trying to sign someone else, they can't use another player as the basis.

Big Bruva
http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090202&content_id=215254&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

No no no Nuvi like Ben Knight said Ricketts will not be here this season.

Jack i guess i am saying that your not right and he is not going to New York.

lololol

Joe Kool
02-02-2009, 02:27 PM
Cool...let's have a press conference.

SQUIRREL
02-02-2009, 02:28 PM
For now he's not going to New York, Big Bruva, for now..lol..lol. It's good to hear the news, he's got a big fan base here. I hope he can tear up the leauge this year.

Broadview
02-02-2009, 02:30 PM
If he left, I would have missed him.
Good job Mo.

TFC Cityboy
02-02-2009, 02:31 PM
Good job too - class act and a part of the Toronto fabric with all his charity work too.

Zeke_Jones
02-02-2009, 02:34 PM
If he left who would replace him? I think hes a good player, one of the few who can pull of some nice tricks.
If he has a good season this year he should stay for another.

rocker
02-02-2009, 02:37 PM
ya need players at least at his quality or better... and that's not easy to find. He's not an old geezer from Europe either.. he's reaching the prime of his career. I wanna see how he does with the attention moving on to De Ro.

loconet
02-02-2009, 02:42 PM
nice!

Oldtimer
02-02-2009, 02:42 PM
its per MLSE policy probably....or Mo doesn't want everyone to know how much he is paying players, so when he is trying to sign someone else, they can't use another player as the basis.

Actually, MLS forbids it's clubs from revealing these details.

BuSaPuNk
02-02-2009, 02:51 PM
Very good news!! Hopefully with training now before the season we can get more from him than last year.

RedRum
02-02-2009, 02:58 PM

lololol

Did he get a no-trade clause or something? You seem pretty sure he isn't going to get traded. Bruva, if you were to post 3 random numbers that come to mind off the top of your head, what would they be? :D

Eastend
02-02-2009, 03:22 PM
Very glad to hear he is staying but IF or WHEN he does go, we gets his shoes....because as you know, 'It's not him, it's the shoes!'

TorontoBlades
02-02-2009, 03:35 PM
If Ricketss wanted more exposure, there are many leagues in many countries he would go to... IMO he ain't going anywhere, he is comfortable with the manager and with the team, and with the city. These are the reasons he came over in the first place....not to be a big fish in a small pond, with no supporters

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
02-02-2009, 03:43 PM
good news....

Hopefully he steps it up in the consistency department this season!!...Dero should bring the best out of RR!......

Getr DONE!

Yohan
02-02-2009, 04:05 PM
hmmm... just an one yr deal?

i'm going to guess if ricketts form is good, he'll be gone in july back to europe

happy that he's staying for sure, at least now

rocker
02-02-2009, 04:07 PM
i read somewhere that agents were telling their clients not to sign a contract that goes beyond 2009 if possible, because the CBA is over after this season. MLS and the players will be renegotiating for 2010 and there may be big changes, including a voluntary increase in the cap by MLS. So if you sign up long term you could be costing yourself money down the road.

Stencils
02-02-2009, 04:13 PM
Great news! Great to have RR (and his shoes) back this season!

Northern Soul
02-02-2009, 04:14 PM
Actually, MLS forbids it's clubs from revealing these details.

Um....since when? The MLSPA or whatever it's called publishes the salaries of all players in the league every year.

Anyway, glad to hear Ricketts is around for another season! Here's hoping for a breakout year.

rocker
02-02-2009, 04:21 PM
Um....since when? The MLSPA or whatever it's called publishes the salaries of all players in the league every year.

you're confusing the MLSPA with MLS. MLS forbids clubs revealing the info. MLSPA does it to spite the league. MLSPA wants to shame the league publicly (which has worked, since people see how little some players make... although people also complain how "overpaid" some guys are... double-edged sword I guess).

poppamidnight
02-02-2009, 04:33 PM
Good to know I wont have the need to hang up/frame + replace my Ricketts jersey.

Although a De-Ro one still might be in the books for the future

A bit off topic, but does anyone with a former-TFC'ers kit still wear it to the matches?

Derko
02-02-2009, 04:58 PM
Good to know I wont have the need to hang up/frame + replace my Ricketts jersey.

Although a De-Ro one still might be in the books for the future

A bit off topic, but does anyone with a former-TFC'ers kit still wear it to the matches?

Why not, the former TFC players were being supported by us, so I would wear it to the matches.
:drinking:

Technorgasm
02-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Roahn Ricketts?

. . . FOOKIN WIKKED!

Jack
02-03-2009, 08:14 AM

lololol
Actually, I never said he WAS going to New York. I said he REQUESTED to be traded to New York. That's a big difference. :rolleyes:

Looks like Mo said no. I suppose we'll never know the truth of that, but since he's re-signed, I guess it doesn't matter anymore.

I'm glad he's sticking around as he is definitely a useful player for us.