PDA

View Full Version : Amado Guevara Please stand up Please stand up

canadian_bhoy
05-25-2008, 08:54 AM
Love you brother, probably the best player on the team, but he needs to ditch the play acting and tumbling routine. He's better than that. A couple of times last night it was kinda embarassing

(I kept yelling at Dobson on the TV constantly referring to his "Injury" in the first half)

RPB73
05-25-2008, 10:01 AM
Love you brother, probably the best player on the team, but he needs to ditch the play acting and tumbling routine. He's better than that. A couple of times last night it was kinda embarassing

(I kept yelling at Dobson on the TV constantly referring to his "Injury" in the first half)

I know what you are saying, but consider where he is from it doesn't surprise me at all. Majority of Central and South American players play that way. What is most interesting to me is how Robert and Gueverra will perform if we struggle a bit. Will they be team players or will they be selfish and destroy the team spirit.

ensco
05-25-2008, 10:10 AM
He's 31 years old. You seriously think he's going to change?

He's got issues. (So does Robert.)

If he/they didn't ,we wouldn't have got him/them for anything close to the price we paid.

Marco2K
05-25-2008, 10:13 AM
After one game we are ready to bash these guys??

Come on guys. Just think back as to how bad last year was.

Billy the kid
05-25-2008, 10:14 AM
First time I saw the tempers of Robert and Guevara since they've been here. Guevara didn't seem to lose focus at all after the punching incident. Robert seemed a bit reckless when they started losing. He still gave some good crosses though.

Pigfynn
05-25-2008, 10:25 AM
First time I saw the tempers of Robert and Guevara since they've been here. Guevara didn't seem to lose focus at all after the punching incident. Robert seemed a bit reckless when they started losing. He still gave some good crosses though.

Think it has anything to do with losing?

canadian_bhoy
05-25-2008, 10:38 AM
After one game we are ready to bash these guys??

Come on guys. Just think back as to how bad last year was.

I don't think people here are bashing him. I think he just needs to lay off with the diving/rolling around. Thats's all.

MisterMacphisto
05-25-2008, 01:06 PM
====================

Leprechaun
05-25-2008, 01:08 PM
I would say Robert is our biggest diver. I haven't seen it from Guevara until last night. Its embarassing and needs to stop but it never will.

TFCREDNWHITE
05-25-2008, 01:15 PM
I would say Robert is our biggest diver. I haven't seen it from Guevara until last night. Its embarassing and needs to stop but it never will.

RObert is not a diver! neither is Guevara...Schelleto on the other hand, now thats a diver!!!

Red CB Toronto
05-25-2008, 02:18 PM
All I can say is that Guevara is a golden god, he is one of our best players and brings so much to what TFC is all about. He has real character and is very fun to watch.

Dunc
05-25-2008, 03:59 PM
i was not impressed with Robert's attitude at all

IMO carver should've taken him off a while after he got that first yellow. You could just tell in his demeanor that it wasn't going to end well.

Derko
05-25-2008, 04:02 PM
This thread has issues, very negative points of view. Has anyone noticed how invisible Edu has been all year so far?That lad needs a kick in the ass, or some bench time, in my opinion.

Billy the kid
05-25-2008, 06:20 PM
Think it has anything to do with losing?
Yup, that's why I said "when they started losing".

Christoff
05-25-2008, 06:56 PM
I think Robert kinda got mad with himself once he was sent off, from the look on his face it was frustration, but i think once he looked at JC as he was being sent off he kinda felt like a total dick, kinda seemed a bit misty eyed aswell if i do say so myself, so i dont think we will see much of that kinda of bullshit, but if we do, i hope it isnt a reg thing, and i dont think it will be.
as far as dicho, he pissed me off with that head injury, when i first say it i was screaming at the bastard for head butting our man, but then it turns out to be a arm shot and from what it looked like not a very hard hit, he had an amazing game, but hopefully we wont see him pulling that kinda thing again, id rather toronto not be known as a diving team.

TicTacTabarnack
05-26-2008, 09:39 AM
RObert is not a diver! neither is Guevara...Schelleto on the other hand, now thats a diver!!!

I second that!

http://photos-306.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v285/98/17/121501306/n121501306_36000697_668.jpg

rocker
05-26-2008, 10:19 AM
Robert was definitely frustrated with his own play. Remember when he took that ball outta the air and then flubbed it and it went over the sideline? he then proceeded to smash the ball against the ad boards. That wasn't directed at his teammate.

TFC Tifoso
05-26-2008, 10:27 AM
It's ok guys, games like this happen. Nobody aside from maybe Dichio had a good game for TFC (the placement on his second goal was just beautiful by the big man). One stinker out of seven is reasonable, and they'll be better vs. LA!

Del Boy
05-26-2008, 11:23 AM
Edu, Oh yeah, I remember him. What does he do exactly?

BigLou
05-26-2008, 11:25 AM
I only hate divers that play for other teams. I have no problem with our boys falling over to slow the game down or to kill time or whatever. It is part of the game, get used to it untill FIFA changes the rules.

BigLou
05-26-2008, 11:27 AM
Right on the money there mate

All I can say is that Guevara is a golden god, he is one of our best players and brings so much to what TFC is all about. He has real character and is very fun to watch.