PDA

View Full Version : Mo Edu.....have a seat son

pimpslapt
05-25-2008, 08:06 AM
What the fuck is going on with this kid this year? is it just me or has he become useless. I know he's a defensive mid but i see him contributing fuck all these days, giving away posesssion and when he gets forward his shots are almost going out for throw ins. Granted he's a young buck and still needs to develop, but I don't think he's earning his place on the starting 11. and if he thinks he's ready for the EPL....shit

Anyone agree or disagree?

giambac
05-25-2008, 08:12 AM
agree.

I think that after his rookie season, our expectations for him were to high. He has been very inconsistent this year and quite frankly I'm shocked that he has been selected for the U.S. national side. His selection was based on last years performance. Either that or the U.S. side is worse than I thought.

Edu has by far been the biggest disapointment this year.

CretanBull
05-25-2008, 08:13 AM
I think he's done OK defensively, but there's no transition to his game and he looks lost on offense....clearly his confidence is hurting.

rocker
05-25-2008, 08:32 AM
he shouldn't shoot again until he has had months of shooting practice.
I laughed out loud yesterday when he took that shot that went soooo wide.

canadian_bhoy
05-25-2008, 08:35 AM
Edu is showing flashes of the brilliance displayed last year.
He and Guevara are similar in their ability to take off with the ball (i.e. make a quick run), he's also good with being physical on the ball.

Having said that, he looks lost out there right now. Robbo is doing the def Mid thing and Guevara is doing the offensive mid thing....he's kinda stuck in the middle and seems out of place.

His shooting last night was diabolical.

pimpslapt
05-25-2008, 08:37 AM
can anyone see jarrod smith starting ahead of him, obviously this would change the tactics and make it more attacking

canadian_bhoy
05-25-2008, 08:40 AM
can anyone see jarrod smith starting ahead of him, obviously this would change the tactics and make it more attacking

I guess we'll find out when Mo is off in Beijing for the Olympics. He may leave only to come back and find his new position is left bench.

Marco2K
05-25-2008, 09:42 AM
Sit Down Edu

Fort York Redcoat
05-25-2008, 09:44 AM
Anybody bring up that his off then on again US team status may have contributed to extra pressure/wanting to stay healthy? Not an excuse, but a possible reason...

RPB73
05-25-2008, 09:51 AM
agree.

I think that after his rookie season, our expectations for him were to high. He has been very inconsistent this year and quite frankly I'm shocked that he has been selected for the U.S. national side. His selection was based on last years performance. Either that or the U.S. side is worse than I thought.

Perhaps some of our expectations were too high for him. I don't post very often but a couple of my posts last season were about Edu. I feel that we praised him too much last season. He did well,well enough to be rookie of the year. But consider this, we were awful last season and this contributed to his good season. We had no one in midfield, so the play went through him he had no choice. When you control midfield for your team you are going to have moments of brilliance no matter what. This season Robbo is doing his thing and Gueverra is the man in midfield so Edu is not playing a key role this season. So now you see what type of player he is, physically gifted, size,strength but poor football mind. That's my opinion.

bdrs
05-25-2008, 09:53 AM
I really would like to see them start Smith instead of Edu. I know lots of folks are down on RR, but I really feel right now Edu is a bigger concern. And Smith has played so well he deserves the starting 11 IMO

Broadview
05-25-2008, 09:56 AM

More likely Harmse.

At this point, pick your poison.

Edu out for Smith would likely involve a formation change, which at this point I would welcome. It's been a couple games now where we haven't had much posession.

ensco
05-25-2008, 10:16 AM
He's not playing well. Absolutely agree.

He's going to miss 2 or 3 of our next 6 games anyway.

Risk of demoralizing him, if you sit him, is too high. Let him play out of it.

Disagree re desirability of a formation change. With all the shuffling of personnel in and out of the lineup that's about to start, changing formation will just make life that much more difficult.

(I'm beginning to see why USMNT have used Edu on defense. Maurice may just be a sweeper. That's fine - he can play in Robbo's spot for about 10 years after Carl's done here.)

Billy the kid
05-25-2008, 10:26 AM
A lot of the shots he's taken have either been weak or well wide of the net. I do think he's capable of better though. Not sure if I would want to bench him at this point.

ua-kozak_TFC
05-25-2008, 12:47 PM
agree.

inconsistent.... he just straight and simple sucked... it;s not like he is good one game and the other one he sucks... Beside the goal that he scored i canno name an other thing taht he did well...

Cambridge_Red
05-25-2008, 12:50 PM
I really don't see what everyone else sees in this guy. He was Ok last season and bloody useless thus far in 2008. Lot's of hype in my opinion.

nfitz
05-25-2008, 12:52 PM
Could it be more that Edu hasn't changed so much, but our midfield is a lot better than last year? So Edu if now 4 out of 5 or 5 out of 5 rather than 1 out of 4 or 2 out of 4?

Northern Soul
05-25-2008, 12:56 PM
I thought Edu's game yesterday was his best of the year. Unfortunately, that's not saying too much. I'll qualify that in saying he didn't look AS useless as he has for the rest of this year. Sit him for a match or two, let him think about how he's been playing. I think that will help.

TFCREDNWHITE
05-25-2008, 01:21 PM
I'm not sure what it is with him, he is leaving me feeling very frustrated with his play this year. I don't know if Carver has forced him to play a role that he has never played before or what??? regardless he has to take off the dress and put on some pants!! Man up buddy!

ilikemusic
05-25-2008, 01:45 PM
He looks absolutely lost with the ball.

Never mind his shooting I dont think ive seen him make a single aggressive pass all season.

You might as well send it straight back to Sutton if youre going to pass it to Edu.

ag futbol
05-25-2008, 01:51 PM
Jarrod Smith = winger, Mo Edu = defensive mid.

Our options for replacement: Harmse, Roselund, and Melo.

At this point I'll take #2 as he's a decent distributors, Harmse is a head case, and Melo isn't quite ready yet.

tfc_4_ever
05-25-2008, 02:01 PM
Jarrod Smith = winger, Mo Edu = defensive mid.

Our options for replacement: Harmse, Roselund, and Melo.

At this point I'll take #2 as he's a decent distributors, Harmse is a head case, and Melo isn't quite ready yet.

I agree with you. It is not really a good choice switching Edu for Smith. I would much prefer if we would mix Harmse for Edu instead. However, personally I think we should let Edu play out of it. He is not going to be amazing everygame of his career we should give him a chance.

However it is becoming quite obvious that Smith is deserving a start and now with the absence of Robert or even Ricketts it would be the perfect opportunity for Smith.

I think Smith should start for Rickets against Montreal giving Rickets a break then throw Smith in for Robert for the game he is suspended.

Red CB Toronto
05-25-2008, 02:16 PM
Maurice is a player who is learning, he is a US National and does make mistakes but will be a special player, he just needs to learning how to move up the field and finish his assigments.

20legend
05-25-2008, 04:50 PM

Jarrod Smith is a forward/winger. It would be a waste to have him in a defensive midfield role. I could see Smith starting over Ricketts very soon.