PDA

View Full Version : Guyana NT player training with TFC

VPjr
02-01-2009, 10:42 AM
It's not exactly huge news because it was speculated widely that TFC was interested in bringing him to camp but this article from a Guyana newspaper confirms that Gregory Richardson will be training with TFC next week in Flo-rida.

http://www.kaieteurnews.com/2009/02/01/richardson-in-miami-host-of-gsdfs-colin-baker-victor-wright/

Richardson's the guy who scored a bunch of goals against NERevs while playing for Joe Public last year.

Here is a bio I could find about him

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:fYV6tl7qg0gJ:www.national-soccer-teams.com/v2/player.php%3Fid%3D2906+Gregory+Richardson,+Guyana, +soccer&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1

Ossington Mental Youth
02-01-2009, 10:47 AM
nice one!
Cant hurt, i think we've prob got enough strikers by this point

Lucky Strike
02-01-2009, 10:55 AM
Could be promising, yet another instance of Mo looking for non-British, non-playing in the UK, non-old players. Tough to say anything about the trial though, there's very little information out there on the guy. But, trials cost nothing so it's a good move.

Ossington Mental Youth
02-01-2009, 10:57 AM
yeah basically its all hearsay from when he played against the revs in the CL, i guess he scored something stupid like 4 goals and two teams put discovery claims on him which have since lapsed. Also i dont think he did too amazing for the rest of his season at joe public. dont know what he was like previous to that

FluSH
02-01-2009, 11:40 AM
Here is a bio I could find about him

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:fYV6tl7qg0gJ:www.national-soccer-teams.com/v2/player.php%3Fid%3D2906+Gregory+Richardson,+Guyana, +soccer&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1

hmmmm he looks like an old white guy from the '50s and he's got not stats! :D

Damien
02-01-2009, 01:57 PM
Haha, he's got a strike rate of 0% according to his stats... therefore, we can get him cheaper than Vitti... SIGN HIM NOW, MO!

rocker
02-01-2009, 02:00 PM
wow, he's never played a game in the past 8 years either! ;)

somebody tell those people to update their website....

rocker
02-01-2009, 02:06 PM
just checked the TT league official site and Daniel and Richardson scored three goals each in 2008. They don't keep any other stats on that website.

werewolf
02-03-2009, 08:22 AM
If he signs, Ageroo's head is going to explode trying to decide who to put on the back of his jersey.

We need all the scoring help we can get against NE...

Oldtimer
02-03-2009, 08:34 AM
yeah basically its all hearsay from when he played against the revs in the CL, i guess he scored something stupid like 4 goals and two teams put discovery claims on him which have since lapsed. Also i dont think he did too amazing for the rest of his season at joe public. dont know what he was like previous to that

Saw him in the CL matches against Montreal. He was certainly the most skilled player for Joe Public. He's a flashy player with a lot of deft moves... makes me think of how RR would be if he were a striker. He's not strong defensively, but could cause trouble for other teams up front.

He had trouble with Montreal's stingy defense, however, as has been noted numerous times, most MLS teams are weak in D.

T_Mizz
02-03-2009, 09:54 AM
Saw him in the CL matches against Montreal. He was certainly the most skilled player for Joe Public. He's a flashy player with a lot of deft moves... makes me think of how RR would be if he were a striker. He's not strong defensively, but could cause trouble for other teams up front.

He had trouble with Montreal's stingy defense, however, as has been noted numerous times, most MLS teams are weak in D.
Wow this kid must be a great striker if you're one complaint is this striker's Defensive abilities.:D
And just curious, is Montreal's D that good really? I mean Braz is a starter:rolleyes:

Oldtimer
02-03-2009, 10:37 AM
Wow this kid must be a great striker if you're one complaint is this striker's Defensive abilities.:D
And just curious, is Montreal's D that good really? I mean Braz is a starter:rolleyes:

His defensive abilities is his weakest point. He looks decent, but wouldn't be a starter in the EPL ever.

Montreal's D is very good, not because of the players (mostly standard USL-1 issue), but due to great organization (I'm sure their annual training in Italy helps in this regard). Montreal is one of the most boring teams to watch, but they give up very few goals. That's mainly what has propelled them this far in the CCL.

T_Mizz
02-03-2009, 10:40 AM
Damn we should train in Italy FFS why doesn't Carver think of that

Super
02-03-2009, 10:53 AM
Wow, seeing this again, I forgot how good those goals were. He could be quite the signing indeed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrNNyrwRW5g

Scored 1st, 2nd and 4th goal. Assisted on the 3rd. What a performance indeed. Hope it wasn't the only highlight of his career though, but he clearly looks like a guy who can play the game.

Jeffro
02-03-2009, 04:11 PM

I know everyone has been hating on Braz since he was let go, personally I thought he was one of our hardest working depth players and when he had to step into a starters role he had a couple of really good games.... unfortunately also a couple glaring errors which are all anyone remembers.

TFC supporters low point: ruthlessly booing, taunting and ridiculing a legitimately injured Adam Braz on his return to Toronto. Embarrassing.

Jeffro
02-03-2009, 04:16 PM
nice one!
Cant hurt, i think we've prob got enough strikers by this point

What? the only striker we've added since last season is White who will be out most of the season. Are you assuming Ibbe is ready to go and Danny will be healthy all season? That's bold.

rocker
02-03-2009, 04:16 PM
he had a couple of really good games.... unfortunately also a couple glaring errors which are all anyone remembers.

TFC supporters low point: ruthlessly booing, taunting and ridiculing a legitimately injured Adam Braz on his return to Toronto. Embarrassing.

I don't remember any "really good games" that he had.

He had way more than a couple glaring errors.

deschamp86
02-03-2009, 04:19 PM
I know everyone has been hating on Braz since he was let go, personally I thought he was one of our hardest working depth players and when he had to step into a starters role he had a couple of really good games.... unfortunately also a couple glaring errors which are all anyone remembers.

Agreed. Happened at one of the few games I managed to get tickets to and I was pretty embarassed myself.

trane
02-03-2009, 04:22 PM

As you say in the later post Montreal is one of the better defensive teams in North America, despite its tallent. I agree with you not being to score with ease with them, is certainly no indication of his ability to score in the MLS.

FOGES
02-03-2009, 04:24 PM
so is he just training with us (similar to beckham with arsenal last year)? or is he actually looking for a spot on the roster?

trane
02-03-2009, 04:24 PM
Agreed. Happened at one of the few games I managed to get tickets to and I was pretty embarassed myself.

Braz, was not a good player in our system ( or should I say lack of system) he was caught up field to often, and made to many poor passes to the attacking players. In a well organized Montreal side he is solid.

Oldtimer
02-03-2009, 04:42 PM
Damn we should train in Italy FFS why doesn't Carver think of that

That's a good idea actually.
No MLS sides do that, but we could be the first.
Maybe DD has some good contacts.

Ossington Mental Youth
02-03-2009, 08:32 PM
What? the only striker we've added since last season is White who will be out most of the season. Are you assuming Ibbe is ready to go and Danny will be healthy all season? That's bold.

not really that bold my friend, id argue its bolder of you to suggest that Braz had/has any talent.

We've got Barrett starting, Dichio prob starting more often then not, Ibby although hes not full developed can start if we want, Obrien White who is injured until April or May but even then cant jump into first team, So thats two, but if all are healthy thats 4.

Then we potentially have Hall and Vitti potentially signing, that would be 6 as well as Richardson trialing for the team which is 7.

At very least we have 2 with Barrett and Ibby. We can easily play a 4-5-1 with the players we have.

Im simply saying we have ALOT of strikers on our plate right now, its not a said and done deal and its not a bad thing.

ginkster88
02-03-2009, 08:35 PM
I think that in all likelihood we see Ibbe in ten games maximum. If he plays more we lose a draft pick to Dallas - either round 2 or round 1, can't remember which right now - which is pretty significant.

ginkster88
02-03-2009, 08:37 PM
Just a side note, it looks like "Ibbe" may just be his nickname, as opposed to his first name as the team had stated last year. On TFC TV and the website his name is now "Fuad." If that was old news, then disregard.

Shakes McQueen
02-03-2009, 08:39 PM
Yeah, if Vitti comes on board, we have more than enough strikers. Especially when you consider our fully stocked midfield, which could cause Carver to go with a single striker up front.

- Scott

Ossington Mental Youth
02-03-2009, 09:53 PM
Curious to see if Vitti or Barrett gets first pick, i cant imagine that Vitti will want to come play here and play second fiddle as he seems to have done every where else recently

gmacpheetfc
02-03-2009, 10:34 PM
Why do we keep talking about Vitti?

Ossington Mental Youth
02-03-2009, 10:38 PM
because his name is being dropped in basically every article.
yes i know we should wait until we see him in a jersey but why not jump the gun and live a little

VPjr
02-03-2009, 10:49 PM
so is he just training with us (similar to beckham with arsenal last year)? or is he actually looking for a spot on the roster?

the article clearly states that Richardson is looking to be the first Guyanese NT player to make it to the MLS.

This is a legit trial.

ExiledRed
02-03-2009, 11:30 PM
Those goals are great, and he looks smashing in red!

Whoever thinks we don't need another striker, is quite frankly wrong, although I would prefer to see a DP given the role.

As for the booing of Braz, he was deliberately wasting time if I remember correctly.

T_Mizz
02-03-2009, 11:35 PM
Those goals are great, and he looks smashing in red!

Whoever thinks we don't need another striker, is quite frankly wrong, although I would prefer to see a DP given the role.

As for the booing of Braz, he was deliberately wasting time if I remember correctly.
Yeah I think that was more a result of the timing as it occured late in the game as time was winding down and TFC needed a goal

Mikey
02-05-2009, 11:49 AM

a bit off topic, but I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed taunting captain caveman, and look forward to doing so again this year. fucking donkey.

rocker
02-05-2009, 11:57 AM
a bit off topic, but I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed taunting captain caveman, and look forward to doing so again this year. fucking donkey.

amen.. even beyond his inept play, he pissed me off with the nasty long hair and the girl's headband.

Jeffro
02-05-2009, 02:30 PM
Wow, can't imagine what you guys would have to say about my appearance if you saw me :D

If only you were as good a football analyst as fashion critic...

Oh and I never said Braz had talent I said "personally I thought he was one of our hardest working depth players" Not like he would make our team now, but the guy played his heart out for us a couple times when the team was seriously depleted.

Ageroo
02-05-2009, 02:34 PM
Wow, can't imagine what you guys would have to say about my appearance if you saw me :D

If only you were as good a football analyst as fashion critic...

Oh and I never said Braz had talent I said "personally I thought he was one of our hardest working depth players" Not like he would make our team now, but the guy played his heart out for us a couple times when the team was seriously depleted.

Although I didn't like Braz and his play personally.....I have to agree with Jeffro about playing with heart.....:hide:

Jeffro
02-05-2009, 02:36 PM
not really that bold my friend, id argue its bolder of you to suggest that Braz had/has any talent.

We've got Barrett starting, Dichio prob starting more often then not, Ibby although hes not full developed can start if we want, Obrien White who is injured until April or May but even then cant jump into first team, So thats two, but if all are healthy thats 4.

Then we potentially have Hall and Vitti potentially signing, that would be 6 as well as Richardson trialing for the team which is 7.

At very least we have 2 with Barrett and Ibby. We can easily play a 4-5-1 with the players we have.

Im simply saying we have ALOT of strikers on our plate right now, its not a said and done deal and its not a bad thing.

Actually, I agree with you. IF we sign Vitti or one of the triallists. I was mostly referring to the fact that everyone on this forum was begging for another striker at the end of last season, Barrett wasn't the answer, and we really haven't added a "striker" this offseason.

I hope to see the 4-5-1, and we can count on a lot of our goals coming from our attacking mids, who should open a lot more space for each other and our striker.