PDA

View Full Version : Mistakes cost us tonight Too BAD!

tfc007
05-24-2008, 08:58 PM
The push on the back by Marvel and the mis-handeled ball by Greg and lets not forget the defence caught sleeping on the corner.Its too bad I was allready counting the three points when everything went too shit!The bright spot is danny got a couple and we got to see the new defender.He looked pretty good!Sorry and Sutton made some nice saves!

DinamoTFC
05-24-2008, 09:05 PM
stupid penalty by wynne..that changed the game around completely...absolutely stupid

Red CB Toronto
05-24-2008, 09:07 PM
We can play better than this, stupid mistakes just have to be eliminated, the Reds can not fall into this lull again.

giambac
05-24-2008, 09:07 PM
stupid penalty by wynne..that changed the game around completely...absolutely stupid

It was a dumb ass move by Wynn, but realistically the whole team didn't show up tonight with the exception of Dichio and Sutton.

Cashcleaner
05-24-2008, 09:21 PM
^ We are FUCKED without Sutton. Guy did as good as could be expected from him.

Rawkus_420
05-24-2008, 09:22 PM
^ We are FUCKED without Sutton. Guy did as good as could be expected from him.

Thats a bold quote, but behind a solid defence like we've shown(except tonight). I think Edwards will hold his own if given the chance. We are a totally different team now, than what we were when he played in columbus.

camcamy
05-24-2008, 09:26 PM
Did DC deserve to win: Yes
Should DC have won: No

2-2 should have been the score

Bars92
05-24-2008, 09:28 PM
Sutton should've had that last one. Peter Cech or Van Der Saar would've ...

Cashcleaner
05-24-2008, 09:30 PM
The push on the back by Marvel and the mis-handeled ball by Greg and lets not forget the defence caught sleeping on the corner.Its too bad I was allready counting the three points when everything went too shit!The bright spot is danny got a couple and we got to see the new defender.He looked pretty good!Sorry and Sutton made some nice saves!

C'mon! Be reasonable here. That shot hit him with full-force in the chest. He had no chance in grabbing it with his hands.

Toronto_Bhoy
05-24-2008, 09:45 PM
Have you guys played with this "new" ball?

It's wicked...I'm gonna cut Greg some slack...the guy has stood on his head thus far...

coisty1966
05-24-2008, 10:30 PM
Have you guys played with this "new" ball?

It's wicked...I'm gonna cut Greg some slack...the guy has stood on his head thus far...

i think even he would admit he had a bad game tonight but that takes nothing away from what he's done so far this season...he's been brilliant!

Pachuco
05-24-2008, 10:52 PM

HOW can you possibly say that? that goal was coming a mile away. At no point did we have control of the game for you to say that the penalty changed the game around. When the score was 2-1 I was pulling my hair out because we were as good as losing.

coisty1966
05-24-2008, 10:55 PM
HOW can you possibly say that? that goal was coming a mile away. At no point did we have control of the game for you to say that the penalty changed the game around. When the score was 2-1 I was pulling my hair out because we were as good as losing.

Pachuco is dead on.....goals were coming regardless if they were a result of a penalty or from open play.

ua-kozak_TFC
05-24-2008, 11:02 PM
Thats a bold quote, but behind a solid defence like we've shown(except tonight). I think Edwards will hold his own if given the chance. We are a totally different team now, than what we were when he played in columbus.
Are you kidding yes he did fuck up... but the guy was SOLID!!!! for how many games and also he made some crazy stops today.. and if it wasn;t for him we would definetly be down in the first half...

Antoshka
05-24-2008, 11:13 PM
just finished watching the game... i no longer fear of being shot... the pain is just unberable. :(
these were 3 points we should have had. painful just painful.

tfc007
05-25-2008, 06:49 AM
just finished watching the game... i no longer fear of being shot... the pain is just unberable. :(
these were 3 points we should have had. painful just painful.
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/images/buttons/report.gif (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/report.php?p=18362) JUST THE WAY I AM FEELING TODAY

trane
05-25-2008, 09:51 AM
A drar would have been disapoiting, a loss is not acceptable. Three mistakes cost us, but those three mistakes were from overall soft and slopy play.

RPB73
05-25-2008, 10:21 AM
The whole team was shite. To be honest it never looked like we would get points from this game. United had us on our heels for 90 minutes. I'm not sure if the game plan was to sit back and counter, if it was not very smart. DC has been struggling the confidence level had to be low and we let them off the hook. We really should play our game, the game we have been playing at BMO ball possesion not knocking long balls and defending. Let the other team adapt to us, we are good enough now that we shouldn't worry much about the opponents, and just play our game. After last night, I believe that the Revs, Fire and United are the top in the east. TFC,Crew will battle for 4th the Wizards and Red Bulls are shite. It will be tough to get a playoff spot.

Oldtimer
05-25-2008, 10:41 AM
I once saw Fabien Bartez (France National Team) make the same mistake as Sutts, so he's among the greats!

Broadview
05-25-2008, 10:48 AM

Yup...looked like he barely touched the guy and that was probably the case, but flopping at that point was pretty smart. Can't even argue that it wasn't a foul really.

It's funny, at the beginning of the game I was thinking about who from TFC could be considered a candidate for the MLS all-star game and thought Wynne could be considered as decent of a choice as anyone else, really.

One play does not a season make though, so I guess that could still be the case.

Stencils
05-25-2008, 11:20 AM
I said it when we were 1-0 up that Sutton has to stop giving up big 2nd chances like he has been. Someone's going to make him pay and they did just that. If Sutton can increase his ability to catch and hold on to the ball instead of just knocking or punching or blocking, then we'll have a world class keeper.

TFCREDNWHITE
05-25-2008, 11:30 AM
Marvell Wynne is to blame for this loss! His STUPID penalty is what turned everything around!! it gave DC a lift, and forced us to scramble!! Wynne blew this game single handedly!

mighty_torontofc_2008
05-25-2008, 11:54 AM
Marvell Wynne is to blame for this loss! His STUPID penalty is what turned everything around!! it gave DC a lift, and forced us to scramble!! Wynne blew this game single handedly!

the whole team has to take the blame...they were never in the game,they got the two goals from Dichio but were never going to get point from that game playing like shit...it was the 3 bad game against DC this season, thank f**k we don;t play them again!!

Jeff s
05-25-2008, 01:20 PM
we lost because of those mistakes but mostly imo, the reason why lost was because we purposely sat back and did nothing, what do you expect, wave after wave of attacks going against you, so early in the game, will never turn out well.