PDA

View Full Version : Blast from the past

forza_tfc
01-29-2009, 07:44 PM
Just started watching TFC's opening match from last season and looking at the opening lineup. My, have things changed up front and in the middle...

--------cunningham----samuel--------------
---------------------edu----------------------
--------hemming------------dunivant-------
-------------------robinson------------------
--brennan--marshall--wynne--velez-------
------------------edwards-------------------

Still amazed with the 3,000+ fans on opening day. Idiots this year should have scheduled our first home game in NE or NY--I bet we'd top that 3,000.

Sab0tage
01-29-2009, 07:48 PM
Just started watching TFC's opening match from last season and looking at the opening lineup. My, have things changed up front and in the middle...

--------cunningham----samuel--------------
---------------------edu----------------------
--------hemming------------dunivant-------
-------------------robinson------------------
--brennan--marshall--wynne--velez-------
------------------edwards-------------------

Still amazed with the 3,000+ fans on opening day. Idiots this year should have scheduled our first home game in NE or NY--I bet we'd top that 3,000. Before we sent 3000 or whatever it was to Columbus, their support sucked. After that game, it seemed to improve quite a bit. MLS is probably hoping by us going to Kansas we may get them excited for the game and for the team, and that the support they receive improves too.

TorCanSoc
01-29-2009, 07:49 PM
samuel miss penalty, cunningham petulence...... bah-byyyyyye. 9 hours each way on a bus. This year, I'll be driving for sure.

RedRum
01-29-2009, 07:51 PM
^^ I think we are looking at 100 supporters tops to KC. Not exactly awe-inspiring, but not shameful considering the distance.

BFin
01-29-2009, 07:59 PM
how far of a drive is it by car?

gtaguy
01-29-2009, 08:19 PM
I haven't had the opportunity to get out with tfc fans on the road..
God only know i wish i could but things don't work out always but aleast i have my seasons tix that hell over high water would i let go.
From my perspective watching all of you on tv is impressive.
Gives me chills and makes me want to yell with happines at the tv.(add a ton of swear words)
10 tfc boys in another stadium is probably worth aleast 200 fans of theirs......
. What i see tfc bring to this league is real passion and god bless all of you that go and support this team to death...

Blizzard
01-29-2009, 08:27 PM
how far of a drive is it by car?

About 16 hours according to google maps. http://maps.google.ca/maps?daddr=Kansas+City,+MO,+USA&geocode=&dirflg=&saddr=toronto,+ontario&f=d&sll=39.090432,-94.583653&sspn=0.618209,1.455688&ie=UTF8&z=6

Cashcleaner
01-29-2009, 08:43 PM
Before we sent 3000 or whatever it was to Columbus, their support sucked. After that game, it seemed to improve quite a bit. MLS is probably hoping by us going to Kansas we may get them excited for the game and for the team, and that the support they receive improves too.

TFC fans being used as tools by the league to promote the support culture? That's crazy talk!

Unfortunately, I don't see more than a few hundred (if that) TFC supporters making it down to KC this season. If our season opener was in either NY, Chicago, NE, or DC we'd probably get the same number we did for Columbus last year.

jrey
01-29-2009, 08:44 PM
I'd love to go to KC - been dying to get to a road opener - but alas, grad school beckons.

It's odd how much our lineup has changed. You've got to think that maybe with SO MUCH turnaround in less than a season, our team chemistry is absolute shit.

Here's hoping they get a CB and maybe a striker and then leave it at that.