PDA

View Full Version : Rohan certain he is staying

It's Called Football
01-28-2009, 08:14 PM
Comments today from the man himself saying he has been assured by Mo that he will be back this season.

You can read more (and listen to the audio clip) here (http://www.metronews.ca/toronto/blog/post/173618)

Cheers
Ben

SilverSamurai
01-28-2009, 08:17 PM
Sweet!
First!

tfc
01-28-2009, 08:23 PM
made my day!

Sid
01-28-2009, 08:27 PM
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Yohan
01-28-2009, 08:29 PM
waiting for all the anti rohan types to chime in... :p

Ossington Mental Youth
01-28-2009, 08:44 PM
There we are.
Nice to have it somewhat confirmed from the man himself.

Bluenose13
01-28-2009, 08:45 PM
Great news......If we don't have the best midfield in the MLS, I would be very surprised.

Razcle
01-28-2009, 08:46 PM
Now for the next question...is Chantel staying on the show "its called football"?

J/K...I digress

Beach_Red
01-28-2009, 09:13 PM
"He spoke to me and said I'm a big part of his plans. So, I don't need to worry cuz there is a few changes about to happen."
Well now, that's interesting.

Hitcho
01-28-2009, 09:15 PM
waiting for all the anti rohan types to chime in... :p

Hehe, well with a username like YOHAN you can't speak out against ROHAN eh? :p :D

I'm a big fan of the player RR could be, I just really hope he delivers on the promise he showed in patches last season. If he does, he'll be a hell of an asset next season, especially with no international call ups to worry about.

It's Called Football
01-28-2009, 09:16 PM
"He spoke to me and said I'm a big part of his plans. So, I don't need to worry cuz there is a few changes about to happen."

Agreed.

BFin
01-28-2009, 09:23 PM
I think he could develop into a serious player here and eventually realize that TFC are the bright lights of MLS. Not that he doesn't know it already, but based on a lot of accounts here he may dream bigger, but he loves it here. Personally I am elated he is staying because it means more cohesiveness in our midfield...or very dangerous midfield.
Go RR
GO TFC

(off hand, good on Rohan for all of his charitable efforts. he does not get enough credit for his efforts in this city)

DigzTFC!
01-28-2009, 09:23 PM
I really don't get why people are questioning whether or not changes are coming. Mo stated we have 7-8 players coming in to trial when camp opens Feb.2nd. That's on top of potential signings like Pablo Vitti. We now have enough young players on the team that we can trade next year's first rounder. We also have access players in certain positions.

Ossington Mental Youth
01-28-2009, 09:48 PM

yeah thought the samething, its more or less what Mo said, we will move a couple players out and move a few in. I suspect we will see our CB and Striker still signed as well as move out someone like Marshall and Dunny...

Ossington Mental Youth
01-28-2009, 09:53 PM
wouldnt be surprised if we rid of smith too for someone with an instant impact like Daniel (who plays teh same position if im not mistaken)

ginkster88
01-28-2009, 10:06 PM
I love Ricketts more for his work off the field than on it, I have to admit that, but he is from all appearances one of the best assets the club has in terms of a community and PR perspective. I heard recently that he sought out Steve Nash to become involved in his charity. That sort of effort speaks volumes about his character, and that is why I want him on TFC.

dupont
01-28-2009, 10:14 PM
awesome! I am a believer in Rohan.. I think he can step it up this year!

arsenal
01-28-2009, 10:26 PM
I really don't get why people are questioning whether or not changes are coming. Mo stated we have 7-8 players coming in to trial when camp opens Feb.2nd. That's on top of potential signings like Pablo Vitti. We now have enough young players on the team that we can trade next year's first rounder. We also have access players in certain positions.

Don't think we can ..... If I am not mistaken Ibbe was traded for next years pick .... 1st or 2nd round depending on how many games he plays in upcoming season.

Stryker
01-28-2009, 10:50 PM
Thanks for linking to someone elses story.
Great writing as always Ben. :rolleyes:

It's Called Football
01-28-2009, 10:54 PM

They emailed me the clip. I agreed to post it. They want promotion for their show this Sunday. I'm happy to give it to them.

Pigfynn
01-28-2009, 11:19 PM

Let's try not to be sooo cynical gentlemen, fucking hell.

ExiledRed
01-28-2009, 11:45 PM
"I'm looking forward to next season. And making the playoffs at least. That's the least. I want to go for the title...."

Attaboy

There's not enough of this attitude, on these boards especially.

After two seasons of shit, everybodies ultimate goal seems to be the playoffs.

Why set the bar so low?

Cashcleaner
01-29-2009, 12:44 AM
^ Agreed fully.

Ricketts likes being here. He likes the team. And he wants to win. You don't come across players like that everyday and when you do, you really gotta hold on to them. Ricketts is okay in my books. Actually, he's more than okay. I think the guy is great and I'm looking forward to more seasons with him wearing red.

TFCREDNWHITE
01-29-2009, 08:47 AM
What are the Major Changes that Mo says are coming??!!

Marco2K
01-29-2009, 09:22 AM
What are the Major Changes that Mo says are coming??!!

U r kidding right. U think we know what his moves are?

To bad about RR. I was hoping we could get a more consitent player for his $$$$$$$$

bdiddy
01-29-2009, 09:51 AM
I love Ricketts more for his work off the field than on it, I have to admit that, but he is from all appearances one of the best assets the club has in terms of a community and PR perspective. I heard recently that he sought out Steve Nash to become involved in his charity. That sort of effort speaks volumes about his character, and that is why I want him on TFC.

He definitely did seek out Steve; I was lucky enough to be there at the event. Rohan is a class act, shook hands with most people and was very inviting.

Pachuco
01-29-2009, 09:56 AM
Good news!

Shakes McQueen
01-29-2009, 10:16 AM
Attaboy

There's not enough of this attitude, on these boards especially.

After two seasons of shit, everybodies ultimate goal seems to be the playoffs.

Why set the bar so low?

Obviously everyone's goal is a championship, but people are also trying to temper that ultimate goal with realism, so we don't all feel let down at the end of the season.

If we made the MLS Cup match, I don't think everyone would be saying "I don't care what happens - my season goals have been met", haha.

Realistically, I don't think the addition of DeRo and a few draft picks has equipped us for a Cup run yet. Depending on who the CB and striker end up being, assuming they arrive, my expectations may change.

DeRo is good, but I don't think he's good enough to essentially carry the same roster as last year all the way to an MLS championship. :D

- Scott

TorontoBlades
01-29-2009, 11:38 AM

Speaking of Rohan and Cuz....

Bruva, wa gwan these changes? :noidea:

maninb
01-29-2009, 03:02 PM
I really like Ricketts...he's pretty much the only mid/forward we have who can burn people on the outside and get in a cross or cut inside....now if he works on his crossing ability he'd be brilliant..

Jack
01-29-2009, 03:04 PM
Glad to hear my rumour turned out to be just that :D

I hope RR brings it this year, or we might end up wishing he had fulfilled his desire for a trade to NY.

poppamidnight
01-29-2009, 03:50 PM
Im loving this....

Not only the fact he's the name on my jersey,

but he's a really great face to have in the community - more outgoing than a Guevara, Brennan, Robinson or Sutton.

If he sharpens that humour a bit in his clips, he stands a good chance at being the recognizable face of TFC to the rest of the country (via media and such).