deltox
01-27-2009, 12:14 PM
can some fix that...apparently im an idiot

deltox
01-27-2009, 12:15 PM
cheers

Shaughno
01-27-2009, 12:16 PM
Wow, that animation is fucking mint. A++ for sure.

LucaGol
01-27-2009, 12:19 PM
That's what a real MLS park should look like.

None of this cookie-cutter pizza hut park stuff.

They only forgot one thing ... a stage ... where is Genesis going to perform?

Cambridge_Red
01-27-2009, 12:19 PM
Looks pretty sweet actually..

rocker
01-27-2009, 12:21 PM
why are those people so late to the game? and why are those guys watching racing on the TV in the bar during the game!?!?! ;)

Nice stadium. Can't wait for TFC to score the first goal there just like TFC scored the first goal at Saputo.

Too bad it's in Harrison NJ tho.

Phil
01-27-2009, 12:24 PM
Looks nice.

I look forward to taking a shit there (cause you know they like it) and watching TFC trounce them.

Shaughno
01-27-2009, 12:24 PM
Looks nice.

I look forward to taking a shit there (cause you know they like it) and watching TFC trounce them.

Just make sure it's in a sink and not the toilet. ;)

koryo
01-27-2009, 12:27 PM
they should hang on to that CG crowd. They're going to need it.

rocker
01-27-2009, 12:30 PM
ya, they only cracked 20000 in a season twice in 13 seasons. so filling that 25000 seat stadium might be a challenge. but empty seats mean more seats for the RPB Invasion in 2010.

James Oliphant
01-27-2009, 12:30 PM
koryo:
*clap...clap...clap*

Pachuco
01-27-2009, 12:34 PM
WOW - how many people does it seat? I didn't realize you would need all that space to fit the family members of the players. Anyhow, I guess it will help us when WE fill up THEIR stadium.

Stencils
01-27-2009, 12:38 PM
Seriously, that's a nice park and something I wish we had here. I loves me my BMO, but a world class park it isn't :( (except maybe the team facilities inside).

Stryker
01-27-2009, 12:44 PM
I admit it, Im VERY jealous.
Guess we're stuck with BMO field now huh? Best we can hope for is upgrades.
If only they'd known how big a success TFC would be.

Sonny Cheeba
01-27-2009, 12:49 PM
looks nice, i'm very jealous..... i just don't like all the private boxes on the one side.

Steve
01-27-2009, 12:53 PM
Yeah, sorry, the team might be shite but the stadium is badass.

AL-MO
01-27-2009, 12:54 PM
Hopefully they'll get a few more people attending their games in the stadium. I know I wouldn't want to go to an empty Giants stadium every week.

Stryker
01-27-2009, 12:58 PM
Hopefully they'll get a few more people attending their games in the stadium. I know I wouldn't want to go to an empty Giants stadium every week.
I think it'll make a huge difference.
Im tempted to turn the televison off everytime we play in NY. The pointy ball lines are just brutal.

Kickit09
01-27-2009, 01:00 PM
now thats what a world class stadium looks like... hats off to NYRB. they play on turf just like us (for now still), were able to get a DP, make it all the way to the finals, and soon they will have the crown jewel of MLS. it makes me laugh when people call NYRB shit. they out class us in every possible way except for fan support.

Hitcho
01-27-2009, 01:01 PM
they're still shite

Hitcho
01-27-2009, 01:02 PM
Im tempted to turn the televison off everytime we play in NY. The pointy ball lines are just brutal.

Agreed on that point, the sooner MLS is rid of pointy ball lines the better. it makes the league look like a joke.

Chevy
01-27-2009, 01:05 PM
Here's a current video of the construction site. ;)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7554234063162241277&ei=EEx_SeCZGqGG_AGU6JWVCw&q=empty+field

Stryker
01-27-2009, 01:07 PM
Funny I thought it looked more like this:

http://www.earthcam.com/clients/redbullarena/

yanggoh
01-27-2009, 01:19 PM
now thats what a world class stadium looks like... hats off to NYRB. they play on turf just like us (for now still), were able to get a DP, make it all the way to the finals, and soon they will have the crown jewel of MLS. it makes me laugh when people call NYRB shit. they out class us in every possible way except for fan support.

they're not shit. they're shite.

Across_The_Pond
01-27-2009, 01:20 PM
1m 28 sec in.....GET OUT OF THE BAR AND WATCH THE GAME LIVE IDIOTS!!!!! LOL

NateDoGG
01-27-2009, 01:23 PM
wow thats world class
im jealous

Beach_Red
01-27-2009, 01:30 PM

If they don't get people out to that stadium then, yeah, this league is finished.

Mrs. Workie
01-27-2009, 01:52 PM
ya, they only cracked 20000 in a season twice in 13 seasons. so filling that 25000 seat stadium might be a challenge. but empty seats mean more seats for the RPB Invasion in 2010.

That was my first question:

"Are the going to be able to fill a stadium that size?"

rocker
01-27-2009, 01:54 PM
i wonder what would happen to attendance if NY gets a team. If they put a 30000 seat stadium in Queens for the New York New Yorkers of MLS, I have a hard time believing New Jersey would draw 25000 a game at this new stadium. New Jersey doesn't support teams that well.

i guess one of the benefits for us of this stadium location is it's an easy trip on Porter Airlines from Toronto Island to the New Jersey airport.

Dirk Diggler
01-27-2009, 01:58 PM
Wow ... that stadium is absolutely boss. It's probably going to be the best soccer stadium in the entire Americas when its finished (at least until the WC comes to Brazil).

flatpicker
01-27-2009, 01:58 PM
That is a sweeeet looking stadium! Fantastic animation in that vid!

As for getting people to fill the seats...
I'd be willing to bet that by having a more intimate atmosphere, more people will be interested in going.
Let's face it, watching the Shit Bulls at Giant Stadium is pretty lousy!
But that new home will offer a much better experience for fans, so I think they could reach the 20,000 or so.

Shaughno
01-27-2009, 02:01 PM
I'll honestly eat my words if I'm proven wrong, but I bet they can't sustain 20k as an average attendance over the season.

Stencils
01-27-2009, 02:11 PM
I'll honestly eat my words if I'm proven wrong, but I bet they can't sustain 20k as an average attendance over the season.

I'm leaning towards agreeing with you. I bet the first game there is going to be a sight to see though.

flatpicker
01-27-2009, 02:12 PM

ok, how about, at the end of the 2010 season (assuming they have that new home built in time), we look at their average attendance from that year (or an average of whatever games were played in Red Bull Park). If it hits 20,000 you can buy me a beer, if not, I buy you a beer.

Beach_Red
01-27-2009, 02:25 PM

Is this because it's in New Jersey?

Have they said if they've sold out those SkyBoxes?

Joe Kool
01-27-2009, 02:31 PM
I didn't see the army of security in yellow shirts that like to surround us but then again they didn't really show the supporter section.

james
01-27-2009, 02:46 PM
stadium looks sick, but ive never been a fan of having so much luxury box offices and fancy bars and restraunts in stadiums. I think we would have the best stadium in MLS if they just added a North End stand, and expand the South and East stands and add some roofs, are stadium would be sick and atmosphere would be twice as loud!

james
01-27-2009, 02:50 PM
i bet they will reach 20,000 a game. If you can get games at the ugliest looking soccer stadium in MLS with 15,000 fans then 20,000 should be easy.

If TFC played at a stadium like Giant stadium believe me TFC wouldnt be getting 20,000 fans. They would of been lucky to get 10,000-15,000 a game!

Keyman
01-27-2009, 02:55 PM
The building of this stadium will be extravegantly wasteful.

This is the type of stadium we deserve...the horrendus fans in New York are not worthy at all of that stadium.

I_AM_CANADIAN
01-27-2009, 02:56 PM
One of the things that bugs me about BMO is that there isn't a proper exterior... You can see under the stands, for christ's sake. Can't wait to visit the new NYRB stadium.

Parkdale
01-27-2009, 03:07 PM
I look forward to visiting it. Sure their team is shit, but it will be a great place to cheer on our squad.

DinamoTFC
01-27-2009, 07:00 PM
Did anyone notice that the cars are driving on the wrong side of the road? haha

Sonny Cheeba
01-27-2009, 07:09 PM
The building of this stadium will be extravegantly wasteful.

This is the type of stadium we deserve...the horrendus fans in New York are not worthy at all of that stadium.

a big reason as to fans being horrendous is because they don't have a place to call their own.

imagine if we played at the skydome. i think we'd be in a totally different situation.

nascarguy
01-27-2009, 09:45 PM
if we played at the skydome I would have not wasted one sec my time.

so yeah i think they could get about 17,000 people to a game

backbeat
01-27-2009, 11:03 PM
I used to have seasons tickets for Toronto Metros-Croatia when they played out of Varsity Stadium, 20,000 seats and grass, a beautiful thing – they later became the Blizzard. The team moved to CNE Stadium about 45,000 seats and cement turf because they were doing well and I stopped going as well as many others. So I agree if TFC were in the Sky Dome I would never have bought seasons tickets, so who knows NYRB may have very good attendance in the new stadium but who cares as long as we beat them and get grass!!

Whoop
01-28-2009, 12:27 AM
Chicken or the egg?

When the SkyDome was first built they were able to attract 55,000 a game regularly for the first few years. Also helped that the team was pretty good - this was before the World Series years. Yet, they couldn't attract that at the CNE.

Now with a new park, some people might be inclined to show up because better facility might mean better atmosphere which might mean more return visits. I think the economy is a bigger factor though.

Look forward to cheering on TFC in Harrison NJ.

I laugh at how they show fans standing at the Lower Concourse Level (around 1:45 mark), don't see that happening.

Canary Canuck
01-14-2010, 12:25 PM
New video with comments from new coach Hans Backe

http://mlsinsiderblog.com/?p=952

habstfc
01-14-2010, 03:33 PM
I think the animated video is a bit misleading. The images seem to make the arena look bigger than it actually is.I'm under the impression it is only seating about 20,000 the video makes it look much bigger than that. I saw a thing on FSC before christmas and it doesn't look quite that glamorous, don't forget alot of theses animated videos are done in the initial stages of the building being designed. having said that if it's half as good as the video loooks it will be quite an amazing stadium. It seems almost too nice for a soccer stadium.

I hope for the sake of mls and the redbulls they fill the place but I don't see that happening after the initial few games. Does anyone know where their season ticket count is at?

Canary Canuck
01-14-2010, 04:15 PM
I think the animated video is a bit misleading. The images seem to make the arena look bigger than it actually is.I'm under the impression it is only seating about 20,000 the video makes it look much bigger than that. I saw a thing on FSC before christmas and it doesn't look quite that glamorous, don't forget alot of theses animated videos are done in the initial stages of the building being designed. having said that if it's half as good as the video loooks it will be quite an amazing stadium. It seems almost too nice for a soccer stadium.

You might wanna see this video. btw it's 25,000 seats

http://mlsinsiderblog.com/?p=952 (http://mlsinsiderblog.com/?p=952)

habstfc
01-14-2010, 04:52 PM
Your right sorry my mistake. It is a great looking stadium but where you play doesn't really matter if people don't come to watch you. I don't agree with the argument that where you play dictates if people come. (some people say giants stadium was horrible so it kept people away) If you are a football fan you'll go watch no matter where they play. If you believe that argument people won't come to games in toronto because our stadium isn't as nice as redbull arena or toyota park in chicago or home depot in L.A. First and foremost you need to be a fan to make a habit of going to games. Does new jersey/new york have the fans, only time will tell.

james
01-14-2010, 04:57 PM
why are those people so late to the game? and why are those guys watching racing on the TV in the bar during the game!?!?! ;)

Nice stadium. Can't wait for TFC to score the first goal there just like TFC scored the first goal at Saputo.

Too bad it's in Harrison NJ tho.

tho i herd Harrison NJ is actually closer to downtown Manhatten then parts of queens, Brooklyn and The Bronx. And its right next to the train station which you can grab straight to downtown, just a few stops away.

james
01-14-2010, 05:00 PM
Your right sorry my mistake. It is a great looking stadium but where you play doesn't really matter if people don't come to watch you. I don't agree with the argument that where you play dictates if people come. (some people say giants stadium was horrible so it kept people away) If you are a football fan you'll go watch no matter where they play. If you believe that argument people won't come to games in toronto because our stadium isn't as nice as redbull arena or toyota park in chicago or home depot in L.A. First and foremost you need to be a fan to make a habit of going to games. Does new jersey/new york have the fans, only time will tell.

hey i stayed away from Giant stadium because it was complete shit and the field was covered in NFL lines, i just cant watch that shit. Just like i will stay away from Gillete stadium in New England untill they get a propper stadium.

One thing tho with modern new stadiums that i hate is the Premium club seats....do you really need all that fancy stuff, people arent even watching the game, whats the point on going, why dont they just go to a fancy lounge or restraunt somethin else where.

Canary Canuck
01-14-2010, 05:09 PM
Some more pics from the Hans Backe coaching announcement

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/New+York+Red+Bulls+Name+Hans+Backe+Head+Coach+LMnm pddsp2Jl.jpg

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/New+York+Red+Bulls+Name+Hans+Backe+Head+Coach+slYV 0jThRJ7l.jpg

wrt habstfc's comment, I strongly believe authenticity and intimacy are very important. I highly doubt TFC fans would tolerate gridiron lines on a narrow, rock hard pitch in an 80,000 seat stadium. In New York the footy fans are there, they have just shunned the team the same way Toronto shunned the Lynx. A dose of authenticity should make a big difference.

Season ticket sales are around 5000 and with a marketing push before the season should get to around 8 or 9 thousand at least.

Always There
01-14-2010, 08:16 PM
An off topic question not meant to offend.

What are the origins of all this "The Red Bulls are shite" stuff? In all seriousness, is their an inside joke I'm missing? I don't really understand why it's become such a catch phrase in regards to the Red Bulls, or such a widely embraced expression by many RPB.

I can sort of understand "The Red Bulls are shit", because a common expression is "bullshit" and to say something is shit is a common expression also. So it seems natural, compared to "The Red Bulls are shite", which sounds strange.

Entering year 4, is this going to continue, and does it still amuse people?

The stadium is beautiful.

Roogsy
01-14-2010, 08:32 PM
About the "Red Bulls are shite" originations...please start a new thread on the topic.

james
01-14-2010, 08:35 PM

What are the origins of all this "The Red Bulls are shite" stuff? In all seriousness, is their an inside joke I'm missing? I don't really understand why it's become such a catch phrase in regards to the Red Bulls, or such a widely embraced expression by many RPB.

I can sort of understand "The Red Bulls are shit", because a common expression is "bullshit" and to say something is shit is a common expression also. So it seems natural, compared to "The Red Bulls are shite", which sounds strange.

Entering year 4, is this going to continue, and does it still amuse people?

The stadium is beautiful.

ya ive never really known where this came from either...but people say it EVERY time they refer to The Red Bulls.

daner90
01-14-2010, 08:56 PM
haha is that Chad Barrett at on the signage on the left hand side at 0:28?

Great video though, cant wait to watch the Reds dominate the Energy Drinks there.

Canary Canuck
01-14-2010, 09:24 PM

I blame Neil Lennon

GXdO0EoprDc

Always There
01-14-2010, 11:46 PM
I blame Neil Lennon

GXdO0EoprDc

Huh? I see the video you showed me, but I can't make the connection between the video and why "The Red Bulls are shite" became a popular expression, or what it has to do with the Red Bulls.

Thanks anyway. I always like to see videos of drunk people singing. This guy is clearly enjoying himself:D

rocker
01-15-2010, 08:55 AM
Huh? I see the video you showed me, but I can't make the connection between the video and why "The Red Bulls are shite" became a popular expression, or what it has to do with the Red Bulls.

i think it developed on a TFC road trip. Somebody made the connection between the Scottish chant and the red bulls, just the way people copy chants from Europe all the time. Plus the natural connection exists between bullshit and red bull, applying the British "shite."

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=shite

And then there was this classic banner:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/PhJD/redbullshit.jpg

Now you're up to speed. Next time, pay more attention to TFC and its supporters so you don't have to ask the simplest questions ;)

canadian_bhoy
01-15-2010, 08:58 AM

Thanks anyway. I always like to see videos of drunk people singing. This guy is clearly enjoying himself:D

It started as a joke between Workie and myself. We just started singing it one night.

Since then the song has become an amazing banner and has been sung to the completely wrong tune at BMO multiple times!

I_AM_CANADIAN
01-15-2010, 09:13 AM
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/PhJD/redbullshit.jpg

I was there! :D We won as well, just a great evening overall.

Always There
01-15-2010, 10:07 AM
Thanks for the info. I still find it all very strange, but thanks.

I like analogies so I'll say that this particular story reminds me of the Simpson's episode where Homer is in a barbershop quartet and the group has to pick a name. For various reasons they settle on "The B-Sharps".

Red Bull stadium is clearly the class of the league. I'm excited for it, as it really gives the league more credibility. Despite what people say about the Red Bull, a strong and thriving New York team is good for everyone in the MLS. I'll finally be able to watch an away game in NY without feeling like I'm staring at one of those out of focus 3D pictures.

BMO might not be the fanciest place, but I would take it over something like Dick's in a heartbeat. The setting is really such a bonus for us. Now with grass and a small North stand we are making some nice strides.

Manutd27
01-15-2010, 10:44 AM
Well I just hope we can get a good number of away supporters ticket allocations so we can fill one end of that stadium!

Stadium does look great ( it pains me to say it )

flatpicker
01-15-2010, 10:51 AM
Sorry if this is a dumb question... but has the first TFC game there been scheduled?

Carts
01-15-2010, 11:01 AM
Sorry if this is a dumb question... but has the first TFC game there been scheduled?

To the best of my knowledge, and a quick internet search - simple answer is no... :(

The "first kick" etc games have been set (basically teams' home openers etc) but nothing else officially released...

However, it never stops amazing me how some people on the board get or can find info, so perhaps someone knows the "planned date" of that fixture on the sched...

Carts...

I_AM_CANADIAN
01-15-2010, 11:43 AM
Red Bull stadium is clearly the class of the league. I'm excited for it, as it really gives the league more credibility. Despite what people say about the Red Bull, a strong and thriving New York team is good for everyone in the MLS. I'll finally be able to watch an away game in NY without feeling like I'm staring at one of those out of focus 3D pictures.
I definitely agree, it will be the class of the league. I can't wait to go there and I'm sure most feel the same way.

deltox
01-15-2010, 11:57 AM
^agreed

flatpicker
01-15-2010, 12:26 PM
It's the one definite road trip I'll be going on.

fetajr
01-18-2010, 10:40 AM
wow!

and how about those 2 douches watching motorcycle racing in the bar during the game...

james
01-18-2010, 09:50 PM
does anyone know if RPB's will be organizing a big trip to New York this year????

its been great going to columbus in mass, however I guess everyones been there done that so number will be rather small this year. Ive herd alot of people going to New England for home opener, but that stadium looks horrible for soccer, i really would rather spend the money in a respectable soccer stadium!!!

James Oliphant
01-18-2010, 10:27 PM
^
I'm pretty sure planning is already underway for RBNY.

canadian_bhoy
01-19-2010, 11:00 PM
Looks like Boner stadium is almost done

http://imgsrv.wcbs880.com/image/DbLiteGraphic/201001/5922169.jpg?1263926986

Super
01-19-2010, 11:17 PM
Fuck that stadium looks nice. It's strange to think that BMO is the stadium of a team in the same league. We really need a roof!

Keystone FC
01-20-2010, 05:52 AM
Looks like Boner stadium is almost done

http://imgsrv.wcbs880.com/image/DbLiteGraphic/201001/5922169.jpg?1263926986
I can't wait until they test the lighting system. The thing should look AMAZING!

Canary Canuck
01-21-2010, 01:29 AM
I can't wait until they test the lighting system. The thing should look AMAZING!

These are from a little while back

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/5928/1257806287.jpg

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/4622/1257804397.jpg

Keystone FC
01-21-2010, 04:12 AM
These are from a little while back

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/5928/1257806287.jpg

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/4622/1257804397.jpg
Ooooooo....Aaaahhhhh<3

rocker
01-21-2010, 10:41 AM
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's stadium.

Canary Canuck
01-22-2010, 11:55 AM
Read this http://thekinoffish.blogspot.com/2010/01/photo-tour-of-red-bull-arena.html

Red Bull is multiplying its marketing budget 20 times over with a big campaign starting in February. The stadium opener will be a friendly against Santos (Brazil) on March 20th. There is a massive brazilian population in the area and the likely presence of Pele should top the whole thing off.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_F3FheVuEcLI/S1jENF-S9kI/AAAAAAAAAYg/Q5Rsp0MMiHQ/s1600/RedBullArena-1-19-10%2B030.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2689/4293957584_761ea74abe.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4007/4293215307_94cb2ec7a9.jpg

RedsYNWA
01-22-2010, 08:41 PM
Nice^^^

kodiakTFC
01-23-2010, 02:55 AM
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's stadium.

Actually hilarious.

troy1982
01-23-2010, 03:16 AM
some more pics

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4010/4293216107_d953eeb519.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2703/4293956078_d94379efac.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2767/4293956746_73306b6c6a.jpg

james
01-24-2010, 10:59 PM
wow that is so nice!