PDA

View Full Version : Onward! -- By the banks of the Rideau

Ben Knight
01-27-2009, 10:50 AM
One vote AGAINST putting the soccer stadium in Kanata.

http://onwardsoccer.com/2009/01/27/by-the-banks-of-the-rideau/

Lucky Strike
01-27-2009, 11:00 AM
One vote AGAINST putting the soccer stadium in Kanata.

http://onwardsoccer.com/2009/01/27/by-the-banks-of-the-rideau/

Oh thank God! I live in Ottawa and it all makes so much sense! Put the stadium in the city!

P.S. Civic Arena isn't really that strange to watch hockey, is it? Maybe I've just become used to the place.

trane
01-27-2009, 11:01 AM
All I know that if there ever is a team in Ottawa, I will hate them. I hate them already even as an idea.

Billy the kid
01-27-2009, 01:40 PM
Regardless of what happens, I hope some Canadian cities that don't make it to MLS join the USL-1. It would be great to have cities like Calgary, Edmonton and Ottawa in the Canadian championships. Even having smaller cities like Quebec city could be in the USL-1 or 2.

Kooper
01-28-2009, 06:41 PM
I grew up in the Glebe before moving to Toronto and my parents still live there. We would love to have a stadium close to downtown, within walking distance and in a perfect spot. My parents are in the minority of residents. Most do not like the prospect of a new stadium, they have been working hard to get rid of the existing one. (Don't get them started on the Exhibition) The biggest roadblock to the stadium in the Glebe will be the very active neighbourhood groups that will oppose any new development in thier part of the city.

If the Ottawa RPBs want a stadium in the city I recommend that they start sitting in on the local community groups of the Glebe and Ottawa South and politely offer reasons why a new stadium will be a benifit to the area.

Hustle
01-28-2009, 06:50 PM
Is Melnyk hoping for the same fan support as we have? He's dreaming.

rocker
01-28-2009, 07:08 PM
I grew up in the Glebe before moving to Toronto and my parents still live there. We would love to have a stadium close to downtown, within walking distance and in a perfect spot. My parents are in the minority of residents. Most do not like the prospect of a new stadium, they have been working hard to get rid of the existing one. (Don't get them started on the Exhibition) The biggest roadblock to the stadium in the Glebe will be the very active neighbourhood groups that will oppose any new development in thier part of the city.

If the Ottawa RPBs want a stadium in the city I recommend that they start sitting in on the local community groups of the Glebe and Ottawa South and politely offer reasons why a new stadium will be a benifit to the area.

so this means the CFL building a stadium there is no slam dunk, eh?

Maybe Melnyk knows this and thinks this gives him power to get his stadium built at Kanata?? Nobody is gonna complain about a stadium in Kanata, eh? He could still join up with the CFL side, or buy the CFL rights, and put it in his Kanata stadium. The CFL won't get in his stadium unless he's da man.