PDA

View Full Version : New Philadelphia MLS Team - Possible colours/kits/names

Lucky Strike
05-24-2008, 11:00 AM
I don't know how much of this is known yet. Personally, I had seen the scarves the Sons of Ben had with the colours of Sky Blue and Gold/Yellow. But this link also includes preliminary kit designs and possible names for the new team.

http://www.phillysoccer.com/PhillySoccer/uploads/mlsphilly.ppt

It looks promising.

ag futbol
05-24-2008, 11:05 AM
From reading those points they are definately on the ball.

The potential crest/jersey are ugly but I'm sure the finial product will look much better. Phily Athletic or Phily independence are both very nice names IMO, and different from what you have in the league so far.

ilikemusic
05-24-2008, 01:12 PM
My only conern is that doesnt look too official. Is that a powerpoint put together by the fans?

Anyway, I love the ideas in there. Theyre bang on on alot of point.

-Fans want a unique colour scheme to differentiate themselves.
-Choosing the right colour scheme can definitely lead to out of market penetration. I love sports memorabilia. Now its going to have to blow me away to make me buy a rivals swag but I will do it if I like it enough. I love Dallas' alt kit and might buy one eventually.

Cashcleaner
05-24-2008, 01:18 PM
Personally, I kinda like the gold and sky-blue colour scheme. Independence is a good name, and I actually think it would be cooler to leave the city name out altogether from the club's moniker (ie: Independence FC, Independence AFC, etc.)

Lucky Strike
05-24-2008, 01:28 PM
I like both Independence FC and Philadelphia Athletic but I have a preference for the former. Because with Athletic, people may start calling them Philadelphia Atheltics in the same style of the baseball team, the Oakland Athletics. Besides the fact that it's one of the worse team names, it's just annoying when people get basics things wrong about MLS. It's like when we got called the Toronto Fire in a UK paper or "the FC" in articles here. Like we're the only football club in existence: who would we play against?

tfc007
05-25-2008, 07:04 AM
The color concept is kinda of not bad,the name independence fc is cool with me.The other name to baseballish for me.Guys remember in the end whatever they choose,they are the ones that have to support that team.I just hope the league schedules their first MLS game here at BMO so we can give them a big welcome to the league TORONTO FC STYLE.

Keystone FC
05-25-2008, 11:31 AM
From what I've heard on a few message boards the owners are looking REALLY hard at Philadelphia Athletic or Athletic Philadelphia. I can only imagine that they would go with the citys colours of light blue and yellow. Considering the owners are really in cahoots with the SoB I would think they would want to appease them in this regards.
I just like the fact that more of these new clubs are taking a look at their city colours and putting them into the club. To me this means more colour in the stands as people wave their city flags and puts a little more pride in the city with the fanbase.

Cambridge_Red
05-25-2008, 11:38 AM
The color concept is kinda of not bad,the name independence fc is cool with me.The other name to baseballish for me.Guys remember in the end whatever they choose,they are the ones that have to support that team.I just hope the league schedules their first MLS game here at BMO so we can give them a big welcome to the league TORONTO FC STYLE.

*cough* Charlton Athletic *cough*

nfitz
05-25-2008, 01:08 PM
Philadelphia Athletic - seems like a great name, it's both a traditional football name, and also reminds people of the old Philadelphia Athletics baseball team (which predates Charlton Athletic I believe), before it moved to Kansas City.

... perhaps Montreal's expansion team could be the Montreal Expo :)

Cambridge_Red
05-25-2008, 01:12 PM
Philadelphia Athletic - seems like a great name, it's both a traditional football name, and also reminds people of the old Philadelphia Athletics baseball team (which predates Charlton Athletic I believe), before it moved to Kansas City.

... perhaps Montreal's expansion team could be the Montreal Expo :)

Let's not even joke about that lol.

Montreal POUTINE!

profit89
05-25-2008, 02:17 PM
AC Philadelphia

MFBODD
05-25-2008, 09:33 PM
Let's not even joke about that lol.

Montreal POUTINE!

Philadelphia Cheesesteak!

nascarguy
05-27-2008, 05:58 PM
I don't know how much of this is known yet. Personally, I had seen the scarves the Sons of Ben had with the colours of Sky Blue and Gold/Yellow. But this link also includes preliminary kit designs and possible names for the new team.

http://www.phillysoccer.com/PhillySoccer/uploads/mlsphilly.ppt

It looks promising.
i'm not downloading anything poster the photo

etro
05-28-2008, 01:09 AM
Cheesesteak Fc

the-lower-eastsider
05-28-2008, 01:52 AM
call me crazy but i still think "the philadelphia freedom" is the best name. it taps into the whole red, white and blue raw raw thing. have em wear the colors of the american flag and call themselves "america's team". plus sell "freedom fries" at the game, and get elton john to sing the song at the home opener. what more do u want?
craiger

Lucky Strike
05-28-2008, 01:53 AM
i'm not downloading anything poster the photo

Bad experience much? Don't let the .ppt fool you, it's just a web page that utilizes Powerpoint to display things.

ManUtd4ever
05-28-2008, 06:31 PM
Philadelphia Athletic is definitely the most appropriate choice...