PDA

View Full Version : Jakob Lensky is playing again! TFC?

DigzTFC!
01-26-2009, 12:02 AM
http://canadian-soccer.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18538

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob_Lensky

According to V boards Lenksy is looking to get back into soccer. Should TFC make a move for a talented young Canadian winger? I was hopeful he would start playing again and our need for a winger is apparent. Of course, he might be a bigger talent than we can afford with all the other rumored signings.

Could be TFC's Robbie Rogers

Pachuco
01-26-2009, 12:04 AM
umm...no clue who the guy is. Just wondering, how is the need for a winger apparant? I think we have a pretty damn good midfield if you ask me.

DigzTFC!
01-26-2009, 12:13 AM
Why do you think Keon Daniels will be trialing with us? We have Ricketts as our only true winger. Johann Smith is not ready to be a starter. You could push DeRo out there but that would be waste of our talent. We do need another winger.

Lenksy last played in Feeyenord....

Razcle
01-26-2009, 12:15 AM
Lensky was a young winger playing with Judas DeGuzman at Feynoord and he retired from the club a few months back for personal reasons. I never found out why, thought maybe he was dying and playing football just wasn't the way he wanted to go.

But It would be awesome to land him in a TFC uniform especially if either Van or Ott get into the MLS and start signing some quality Canadian talent to fill their rosters. I think he would fit into that category although any info I have on him is from another party

Pachuco
01-26-2009, 12:20 AM
If he's that good then I'm all for it, however, we are in way more need of a defender or striker then we are another midfielder.

rocker
01-26-2009, 12:21 AM
what's his style? what are his strengths? I've never seen him play.
i'd also like to know what's up with the whole "retirement" thing. that's weird.

Toronto Ruffrider
01-26-2009, 12:36 AM
I read this on the V's board a few days ago. This is an interesting development to say the least. Still, as it stands now I don't think we have the room in our midfield. It sucks having DeRo, Guevara, Robbo and Ricketts in the middle of the park. ;)

GuelphStorm2007
01-26-2009, 12:55 AM
I would like to Know more about this kid before I can make a opinion on him.

The Kingpin
01-26-2009, 02:20 AM
Some added insights: http://oot-football.blogspot.com/2009/01/lensky-interview.html

devioustrevor
01-26-2009, 02:53 PM
Lensky isn't just a midfielder. I seem to recall him playing fullback for the Olympic qualifying team and at Feyenoord on occasion.

Shaughno
01-26-2009, 03:00 PM
So he's trialling with the Caps... fuck me, Mo bring him in!

mighty_torontofc_2008
01-26-2009, 03:03 PM
umm...no clue who the guy is. Just wondering, how is the need for a winger apparant? I think we have a pretty damn good midfield if you ask me.

he came through the Celtic youth team but his career stalled there and he went to Holland....he HAD potential, but now hes not worth giving up a current playing position for.

Shaughno
01-26-2009, 03:05 PM
he came through the Celtic youth team but his career stalled there and he went to Holland....he HAD potential, but now hes not worth giving up a current playing position for.

He's 20, versatile, Canadian and has European experience... why not? Fuck, I'd give up Harmse for Lensky in a heartbeat. If he's as good as people claim, Cronin makes Harmse basically useless aside from his nationality.

IMO of course.

supernothingman
01-26-2009, 03:12 PM
He's 20, versatile, Canadian and has European experience... why not? Fuck, I'd give up Harmse for Lensky in a heartbeat. If he's as good as people claim, Cronin makes Harmse basically useless aside from his nationality.

IMO of course.

I agree, Lensky would be worth the gamble. His development stalled as his dedication waned. It could be interesting to see him put it all back on track again.

mighty_torontofc_2008
01-26-2009, 03:14 PM

IMO of course.

he left the game for some unknown reason...he might do it again..

Shaughno
01-26-2009, 03:17 PM
he left the game for some unknown reason...he might do it again..

Personal problems quite possibly compiled with feeling 'exiled' at Feyenoord. Did you even read the article KingPin posted?

rocker
01-26-2009, 03:49 PM
So he's trialling with the Caps... fuck me, Mo bring him in!

why the swearing?

we dunno if Mo has not asked Lensky to stop by during camp, or that Lensky wants to come here. He is a Vancouver boy after all. He might want to just stay home and also get some playing time, which he won't with TFC.
Somebody should ask him.

Shaughno
01-26-2009, 03:51 PM
why the swearing?

we dunno if Mo has not asked Lensky to stop by during camp, or that Lensky wants to come here. He is a Vancouver boy after all. He might want to just stay home and also get some playing time, which he won't with TFC.
Somebody should ask him.

Sorry didn't know I wasn't allowed to swear. I'm not saying he has or hasn't talked to Lenksy, I simply said bring him in. If he's worth it, drop Harmse and you've upgraded the depth.

Who's to say he would or wouldn't play for us unless they know him personally.

AL-MO
01-26-2009, 03:55 PM
why the swearing?

Sorry didn't know I wasn't allowed to swear.

:smilielol5:

Shaughno
01-26-2009, 03:57 PM
Fuck!

Does that mean I get a yellow card now? :D

Or a straight red for cussing and being off topic? :lol:

AL-MO
01-26-2009, 03:58 PM
Fuck!

Does that mean I get a yellow card now? :D

Or a straight red for cussing and being off topic? :lol:

If only we had rules like that.....there wouldn't be this board and people would be alot more productive at work! :lol:

mighty_torontofc_2008
01-26-2009, 04:18 PM
Personal problems quite possibly compiled with feeling 'exiled' at Feyenoord. Did you even read the article KingPin posted?

did he really think he was going to walk right in at Celtic and Feyenoord and play right away? If he had other issue on top of that, fine, but even
young players have to bide their time before making the starting 11.

rocker
01-26-2009, 04:20 PM
Sorry didn't know I wasn't allowed to swear. I'm not saying he has or hasn't talked to Lenksy, I simply said bring him in. If he's worth it, drop Harmse and you've upgraded the depth.

Who's to say he would or wouldn't play for us unless they know him personally.

I don't give a shit if you swear ;) I'm saying by getting so annoyed that you're using swear words "Fuck me, Mo!" you're implying Mo is fucking something up and not doing his duty to bring Lensky in.
That's the impression I get when I see you speak that way.

The fact that Lensky isn't with us right now could have absolutely nothing to do with Mo Johnston, so his name shouldn't be invoked.

Shaughno
01-26-2009, 04:27 PM
did he really think he was going to walk right in at Celtic and Feyenoord and play right away? If he had other issue on top of that, fine, but even
young players have to bide their time before making the starting 11.

He moved to Feyenoord and was playing with the first team and was quite close with the coach by all accounts. The coach left and he felt alienated because he no longer 'connected' with anyone at the club. I can't say whether or not he thought he would be playing constantly, but to go from being a 'talented up and comer' to nobody in one off season definitely would affect your mindset. That said, he stands by the fact that it was personal reasons that he retired from football. To think anything else is purely uninformed guessing as he has never been quoted as saying that lack of playing time was his reasoning behind it.

I don't give a shit if you swear ;) I'm saying by getting so annoyed that you're using swear words "Fuck me, Mo!" you're implying Mo is fucking something up and not doing his duty to bring Lensky in.
That's the impression I get when I see you speak that way.

Actually you changed the way I had it written. I put, "Fuck me, Mo bring him in" which has no negative context to it at all. ;) In fact, there was no implications that he had or hadn't been doing his job at all. I simply said that we should bring him in.

rocker
01-26-2009, 04:35 PM
which has no negative context to it at all. ;)

well just beware that it looks like you are being negative, like the long list of Mo haters who come on the boards and tell Mo Johnston how to do his job (which is the implication of swearing and then telling him to get the player).

It ain't as easy as just going and getting him, so you probably won't get your wish. ;)

I just find it fascinating that some people are so adamant about bringing in these kinds of players when these players are really not sure things. It's one thing to say "I'd like to see Lensky, if it's possible to get him" but it's another to say "fuck me, Mo bring him in!" That implies you really believe this guy would make a great contribution to TFC. I think the jury is out on that.

Shaughno
01-26-2009, 04:40 PM
of course it does, but I'll let it go this time ;)

It sure doesn't. Fuck me, is a statement of surprise in the context that I used it for. The comma after indicates that there is a pause, so it wasn't one statement but a precursor to what was following. So really, my statement was "Mo bring him in". How is that negative? For all I know, he's on a plane to Toronto as we speak. Does it change what I said, nope. I still would like to see him in training camp.

It's not like I said, Mo bring him in because you're sitting on your ass getting a tan in Brazil... like everyone else seems to say.

Shaughno
01-26-2009, 04:44 PM
well just beware that it looks like you are being negative, like the long list of Mo haters who come on the boards and tell Mo Johnston how to do his job (which is the implication of swearing and then telling him to get the player).

It ain't as easy as just going and getting him, so you probably won't get your wish. ;)

I just find it fascinating that some people are so adamant about bringing in these kinds of players when these players are really not sure things. It's one thing to say "I'd like to see Lensky, if it's possible to get him" but it's another to say "fuck me, Mo bring him in!" That implies you really believe this guy would make a great contribution to TFC. I think the jury is out on that.

So don't fucking lump me in a group to which I've never belonged. I've never overly criticized anyone that hasn't deserved it, especially Mo.

I was stating that I think Mo should bring him in for preseason and you over analyzed my 6 words.

I never said he was coming here, or that he would even want to. In fact I'm pretty sure I've already stated that. All I was saying is that IMO he is probably more valuable than Harmse so bring him into training camp and see what he can contribute.... in much less words obviously. You took my swearing as negative and decided to comment accordingly.

Dinodoc
01-26-2009, 04:47 PM
Um not sure how you could get that as being negative, when I read it - I read it more like...

Hes trialling with the caps, fuck me that means hes available, mo get on it!

notice the placement of the comma, and read the sentence again with a pause where the comma is, you will see what I mean.

Shaughno
01-26-2009, 04:48 PM
Exactly! Jebus. :lol:

mighty_torontofc_2008
01-26-2009, 04:57 PM
Lets face it hes gone from Celtic to Feyenoord now to the whitcaps his stock is in freefall. Could he rebound possibly, but maybe the USL is where he needs to be right now.

Shaughno
01-26-2009, 05:00 PM
Lets face it hes gone from Celtic to Feyenoord now to the whitcaps his stock is in freefall. Could he rebound possibly, but maybe the USL is where he needs to be right now.

Let's face it. Harmse went from the Caps to Norway to the Caps to Slovakia, to the Galaxy to TFC. His stock is worthless in the MLS, outside of TFC. I'd take a 20 year old who was held highly by his coach at Feyenoord, over a second string Canadian who won't see time outside of injuries and Int'l duties.

How is bringing him in for a trial anything but a positive? How is it that I get criticized for being negative in wanting a player to come trial... but people write players off with no knowledge or first hand experience of said player, and nobody cares? :noidea:

Razcle
01-28-2009, 10:02 PM
Looks like he is training with the Caps....Good for Canada...not so good for TFC

http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/sports/story.html?id=d7684f95-406c-4b82-ae1f-9b102cec4624

Keegan
01-29-2009, 08:12 PM
Seattle just poached him from Vancouver!!
http://blog.seattletimes.nwsource.com/sounders/2009/01/29/fc_adds_lensky.html (http://blog.seattletimes.nwsource.com/sounders/2009/01/29/fc_adds_lensky.html)

:eek:

At least we wont need to play him in the Voyageurs Cup now...

Keyman
01-29-2009, 08:18 PM
Mo seems to be oblivious to the return of Canadians to North America. Unless teams have placed discovery claims on these kids, we should be the first location in NA for all returning Canucks.

Keegan
01-29-2009, 08:29 PM
Im loving it right now. Mo is really going to have to eat his words.

"wah wah wah canucks aren't good enough"

These teams need to use international spots on Canadians too don't forget so obviously they think highly of them. Will Johnson was a great addition for Real Salt Lake and made an immediate impact going 90 every match and scoring a couple big goals in the second half while becoming a fan favourite. Adrian Serioux is a good player. Jazic I rate, traded to Chivas this offseason. Onstad, Hainault, Owusu-Ansah, Lensky... the latter 3 all being 22 and under! Johnson is only 22 also! Imagine having these young canucks on TFC! We could set ourselves up with a homegrown team for the next decade,then add in internationals and canucks we already have such as Brennan, Sutton, De Rosario, Guevara, Ricketts, Barrett.... shame

Beach_Red
01-29-2009, 08:36 PM
Mo seems to be oblivious to the return of Canadians to North America. Unless teams have placed discovery claims on these kids, we should be the first location in NA for all returning Canucks.

Really, why? This guy's from Vancouver, right? So Seattle is an awful lot closer to home for him.

He already "retired" once, didn't he? Maybe he just wanted to be closer to home.

rocker
01-29-2009, 08:57 PM
Will Johnson was a great addition for Real Salt Lake and made an immediate impact going 90 every match and scoring a couple big goals in the second half while becoming a fan favourite.

actually, reading the RSL message boards as I do, there are mixed feelings on Will Johnson so far. A pretty goal doesn't make a season. He also fucked up a bunch of times and home fans see that -- not just the highlights.

It's like when we talk about Carl Robinson. Some people here see his mistakes every week and think he's not worth his coin... then Shep Messing says he's one of the best in the league cuz he sees him play well against Red Bulls. (not that I don't like Robinson, just saying that home fans tend to base their judgments on seeing the guy every week).

I also find it amusing how people a praising a kid that's never even played in the league. I think we need to temper expectations until he actually plays a game.

Keyman
01-29-2009, 09:09 PM
Really, why? This guy's from Vancouver, right? So Seattle is an awful lot closer to home for him.

He already "retired" once, didn't he? Maybe he just wanted to be closer to home.

If that's the case, then for sure, you can't fault Mo. I'm speaking rather generally, we are the club that is playing at the highest level in Canada, therefore we should attract the best Canadians.

rocker
01-31-2009, 11:49 AM
Lensky has turned down Seattle's offer...

Jacob Lensky, a midfielder from Vancouver B.C., opted not to accept an invitation to camp and was removed from the roster.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sports/2008690113_soundersglance31.html

ExiledRed
01-31-2009, 11:53 AM
Personal problems quite possibly compiled withfeeling 'exiled' at Feyenoord. Did you even read the article KingPin posted?

I was never at Feyenoord, but if he had tried to feel me, he would certainly have had some problems :)