PDA

View Full Version : It's Called Football Show - Guest: John Molinaro

It's Called Football
01-25-2009, 11:41 AM
You can watch the Jan. 24th edition of Its Called Football here (http://www.metronews.ca/toronto/blog/post/171791)

And if you missed it you can watch the Jan. 17th edition here (http://www.metronews.ca/toronto/blog/post/168381)

This week's guest is John Molinaro from CBC. Lots of DeRo formation talk, what may happen with Rohan and lots of other MLS goings on.

Next week's guest is still being determined. But we hope to have someone (http://www.canadasoccer.com/eng/media/viewArtical.asp?Press_ID=2704)good on.

Feb. 7th's guest is going to be (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Lenarduzzi)

Questions, comments, suggestions ... all welcome.

Cheers

Edit: If the Metro site is slow loading you can watch here (http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=6358042132279110013&q=source%3A010986655685861151655&hl=en)

Razcle
01-25-2009, 03:36 PM
Watching this episode now as I study Welding Metallurgy...and I have one question..who is Chantell and how does she fit on this show? I just don't find she is adding much to the show and I am just trying to understand what her role is supposed to be.

I think she is much better looking then Rycroft...but definitely Ben Knight is the sexy beast of that line-up, so what is her role?

scooter
01-25-2009, 04:03 PM
i just turned it off because she doesnt have a clue
if this is a footie show then find someone who knows football

MG42
01-25-2009, 04:05 PM
..who is Chantell and how does she fit on this show? I just don't find she is adding much to the show and I am just trying to understand what her role is supposed to be.

good question

spezz44
01-25-2009, 04:08 PM
it blew me away how out to lunch she was about footy.

Stryker
01-25-2009, 04:20 PM
Garbage.
Looks like its recorded in Rycrofts basement.
Guessing he let his girlfriend co host cause he's so proud to actually HAVE a girlfriend now. Real serious journalism. :rolleyes:

Razcle
01-25-2009, 04:53 PM
Garbage.
Looks like its recorded in Rycrofts basement.
Guessing he let his girlfriend co host cause he's so proud to actually HAVE a girlfriend now. Real serious journalism. :rolleyes:

Lol...well I don't think that is his girlfriend, since she was talking about using her bf's computer as hers was broken. BUT.....unfortunatly the broadcast didn't provide enough insight into anything I wanted to hear about as I found that 1/3 of the time, Ben K or John were explaining their comments to this girl when she should have the basic knowledge about footy in MLS and abroad that they wouldn't have to explain themselves.

Hopefully it gets better because if not, I don't think I will continue watching.

Razcle
01-25-2009, 05:09 PM
Chantel "We will not make the play-offs this year because everyone needs to learn to play with each other and gel"....Honey give me a fucken break...do you not think the other teams in the MLS are in the same boat we are in? We didn't lose anyone significant and we added De-Ro and some good prospects. We should be better this year then last year and that should mean playoffs...

Very Uninsightful IMO. This is not supposed to be a bashing thread but she is just bothering me and I want to support this.

Kickit09
01-25-2009, 05:25 PM
i cant stand Chantel. "montreal kicked our ass here last year"... did she even watch the game or know the score? she's clueless and she really does bring the show down a lot. she needs to go.

Oldtimer
01-25-2009, 08:36 PM
Why is the podcast version not working?

felipe
01-26-2009, 09:19 AM
wow...I have to agree with everyone else. I think my six year old would be much more insightful than her.

RedRum
01-26-2009, 03:47 PM
Please for the love of fuck... someone at ICF needs to attach electrodes to Molinaro's testicles and zap him everytime he refers to our team as FC.

TFCREDNWHITE
01-26-2009, 04:27 PM
John Molinaro -- I appreciate all the links you post up on here, but honestly, STOP calling them FC!!!!!! WTF??

RedRum
01-26-2009, 04:40 PM
^ He thinks we are retarded from bringing this up. I guess he's been working too many hours at the BC :rolleyes:

johnmolinaro
01-26-2009, 05:09 PM
John Molinaro -- I appreciate all the links you post up on here, but honestly, STOP calling them FC!!!!!! WTF??

I didn't refer to them as FC on the show, did I?

Honestly, I don't recall doing that, because I make it a point not to refer to the team as FC or TFC. I always say Toronto FC or just Toronto.

I don't think I've ever called anybody "retarded" for referring to the club as FC or TFC - people should refer to the team however they want, it makes no difference to me.

What I've said in the past was that I find it amusing that people get so bent out of shape over others calling the team FC when, in fact, some of the players themselves refer to the team as FC.

But whatever. Like I've always said, to each their own.

John

Ben Knight
01-26-2009, 05:59 PM
Guys, lighten up on John! He's busting his hump for everyone!

I didn't hear him say FC. I'd have gently ribbed him about it if he had.

TFCREDNWHITE
01-26-2009, 06:07 PM
I didn't refer to them as FC on the show, did I?

Honestly, I don't recall doing that, because I make it a point not to refer to the team as FC or TFC. I always say Toronto FC or just Toronto.

I don't think I've ever called anybody "retarded" for referring to the club as FC or TFC - people should refer to the team however they want, it makes no difference to me.

What I've said in the past was that I find it amusing that people get so bent out of shape over others calling the team FC when, in fact, some of the players themselves refer to the team as FC.

But whatever. Like I've always said, to each their own.

John

Fair enough, it might have slipped....

it might not be a big deal to others, but FC is NOT our name!

TFCREDNWHITE
01-26-2009, 06:10 PM
BTW John, i'm not trying to be super hard on you, i think you do a lot of great work for us, the boards, CBC and the team.

johnmolinaro
01-26-2009, 06:19 PM
BTW John, i'm not trying to be super hard on you, i think you do a lot of great work for us, the boards, CBC and the team.

I didn't think you were being too hard me. I was just pretty sure I didn't use FC on the show. but no big deal.

And thank you for the kind words. they are very much appreciated. I often wonder if people are even reading my stuff. nice to know a few are.
john

jwfm1985
01-26-2009, 07:09 PM
I didn't think you were being too hard me. I was just pretty sure I didn't use FC on the show. but no big deal.

And thank you for the kind words. they are very much appreciated. I often wonder if people are even reading my stuff. nice to know a few are.
john

John,
Does CBC show statistics (internally amongst divisions or to employees) on how many times articles were read, where they were linked from, etc?? I am curious about how TFC related material does compared to other sports and if there has been any meaningful upswing since the start of it all?

Your doing great work with your coverage of the team (You too Ben!). It is very much appreciated.
jon

Fort York Redcoat
01-26-2009, 09:05 PM
This is what, the third show? You guys are really giving it a chance:rolleyes:. Here's an idea- realize how many Toronto Based Soccer shows there are with host and pundits that will respond to feedback. Christ. I've listened to several footy podcasts just starting out in the past 5 yrs. This one has contributors to the board.

show some bloody respect if not comraderie. I don't know about you guys but I listened for free.

Anyway, I enjoyed the shows and think they are getting better every episode. Keep it up with the great guests.

jwfm1985
01-26-2009, 09:28 PM
This is what, the third show? You guys are really giving it a chance:rolleyes:. Here's an idea- realize how many Toronto Based Soccer shows there are with host and pundits that will respond to feedback. Christ. I've listened to several footy podcasts just starting out in the past 5 yrs. This one has contributors to the board.

show some bloody respect if not comraderie. I don't know about you guys but I listened for free.

Anyway, I enjoyed the shows and think they are getting better every episode. Keep it up with the great guests.

:hump:

Razcle
01-26-2009, 09:59 PM

Dude...are you even reading what I posted earlier. I only commented that the girl makes the show worse just for her opening her mouth. If she just sat there and provided commentary on what the fans were contributing from the net than that would be another story. But every time she makes a personal comment it seems completely arbritary or uninformed.

I like the show, and its too bad that she annoys me so much and takes time away from Ben Knight, John M and even Ben (host). So unless you thought her commentary was valuable and want to comment against me please stop whineing and painting the picture differently than it actually is.

**Edit** Sorry..I just read a few of the other negative comments and that maybe was what you were referring to. However if you are making reference to my posts..I stand by my comments****